• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youmacon 2012 AKA Youmacon Battle Opera

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
False is officially confirmed for this.

NJ/NY's lower ranks gonna beat Michigan. Rayquaza I'm getting my revenge here or at PS5 if I can make it to that. Same goes for you Tech Chase. I'm never getting grabbed.
I will singe handedly body all of Leap of Faith.

I look forward to a great rematch set with you though!

:woman:

fZk

Smash Lord
This tourney is looking legit, too bad you couldn't pay me enough to get me to come to an anime convention.

zyth

Smash Lord
My free Con Money........oh well. this should still be pretty hype.

but not as hype as me getting a free ride to 2nd last year cuz of a badly seeded bracket :denzel:

Scythe

Smash Master
so far like 10 people have complained about losing their free money. How many are lying lol

zyth

Smash Lord
lol. I won Youma Brawl 2009, have the poster in my rm. got second the day afterwards, losing to themann.
last year I got second in singles and doubles, ask tutu ori and tech

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
M2K they would only pay to top 2. So first place would get $250+ and 2nd would get $90+

:phone:

zyth

Smash Lord
yeah but in 09 it was capped at 32 so I got around 200~ the first day and 100~ the second day. Twas a good year

Last year i got 40~ for 2nd doubles and 120~ for 2nd singles

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Damn, those are pretty big payouts. Not sure how payouts will work since we are running the Brawl event this time but I'm for paying out more than top 2.

I legitimately took first place in brawl singles the past two years, and doubles last year(first year they did dubs)

The year before I won, zyth won the first day and I think the Mann won the second day.

The first year I got first(2 years ago) me and mann actually split, but I won the set.

Ori/zyth took 2nd in doubles last year, and roller hasn't entered before.

Last year I took first and zyth placed second due to Tech, Ori, and myself all being on the sane side if the bracket, while zyth was left alone with just people from the con.

So yeah, if u guys do come can I have a free pass to the finals since Im the reigning champ?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
God, I was so mad about that bracket since I played Tutu one round before the money. Dip****s. Oh well at least we won doubles.

Hey Chioke wanna team again? We could just be smart this time and use double :metaknight: the whole time this time.

:yeahboi:

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Will restick thread when it gets closer to tournament date/gets more hype than a Michigan local.

Until then, was victim of premature sticky. It happens to all of us at least once though.

zyth

Smash Lord
lol. even if not many ppl from the MI scene show up, there will be bucket loads of victims con-goers that come to get ***** play.

just make sure you dont break their spirits before the tournament starts

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Will restick thread when it gets closer to tournament date/gets more hype than a Michigan local.
It's less than 2 months away and certainly very hype. I don't know what you're talking about less hype than a Michigan local. You do realize this is a huge 2-3 day Melee and Brawl event held at one of the largest anime cons right?

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Only three people from outside of Michigan have expressed intrest so far.

Get it advertised, get more OoS confirmation and I'll sticky. That's all I'm saying.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Chibo as a moderator of ATL North, you are to only moderate threads in Tournament Listings regarding tournaments in the ATL North, you don't have authority to stick threads in this region, even if you have the technical ability to do so.

Provide Jake with this "hype" because right now this thread is only showing Keitaro + Michigan local interest. Give names, let's see talk of carpools, then we'll know there is actual hype. Until then, there is no real reason to say that this tournament is going to be big other than your word.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Inui, Mew2King, and Izumi are also planning a carpool as a heads up. Dunno if they will actually do it, but I'd have to agree with the mods to be honest. Just gotta get more people interested and the thread super hype :D

I know events like this get a lot of entrants due to it being at an anime convention but we need some more hype in this thread :p I know of other OOS players trying to come but they aren't saying anything back here yet.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Only three people from outside of Michigan have expressed intrest so far.

Get it advertised, get more OoS confirmation and I'll sticky. That's all I'm saying.
Chibo as a moderator of ATL North, you are to only moderate threads in Tournament Listings regarding tournaments in the ATL North, you don't have authority to stick threads in this region, even if you have the technical ability to do so.

Provide Jake with this "hype" because right now this thread is only showing Keitaro + Michigan local interest. Give names, let's see talk of carpools, then we'll know there is actual hype. Until then, there is no real reason to say that this tournament is going to be big other than your word.
Sorry about that.

Anyway, in terms of OOR so far:
-Me
-Keitaro
-False
-Nakat
-Mew2King
-Inui
-Full carpool with M2K and Inui (I know Salem is interested in this)
-D1
-Alex Strife

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Inui's car is confirmed I am housing them. I pray for my basement and what it is about to house.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
When is Brawl actually being held, or is it spread over the 4 days?

I'd like to know when I can come to snatch this free money up and DIP asap :awesome:

Top Bottom