• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

you ungrateful *******s, post here: Lucario General Chat v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Marth is real tough.

actually, I think Lucario deserves higher in the tier list, but only at around bottom of A tier. (since Kirby sucks lol)

Brawl+ ?? the textures are cool, but i reeally realllly dislike the gameplay. I'd rather just hack my brawl.

Lolwut. more replys in the spam thread than in the metagame-related threads.

I heard the DDD metagame was staling lately. does this mean anything for luc?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There really isn't much to the Dedede metagame. If he didn't have his chaingrab, he would lose most of his potential and end up being a mid tier character. And the characters he can infinite would do slightly better, but not by much.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
One of the main reasons for me choosing to main Lucario was due to the fact he can't get CGd but still I think D3 will rank higher than Lucario in a tier list.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I've yet to lose to an Olimar in a set, just saying. Marth yeah he's tough
Same. The only time an offline Olimar beat me was when I was a new-scrub (not johning or anything though). Once you realize the matchup revolves around Olimar having to get a grab or space the **** out of a Usmash, it becomes much easier. Plus, most people haven't actually taken the time to learn what Olimar's KO moves are with certain Pikmin, what to watch out for with different types, etc., which is possibly the most useful info you could have for vs. Olimar. imo a bunch of scrubs wrote the Olimar matchup, it's like 55-45 at worst.

And FIZZ, just shut the **** up lol. He can only get out of Falco's CG. Everyone else has a fine time of CGing the **** out of Lucario.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Marth is real tough.

actually, I think Lucario deserves higher in the tier list, but only at around bottom of A tier. (since Kirby sucks lol)

Brawl+ ?? the textures are cool, but i reeally realllly dislike the gameplay. I'd rather just hack my brawl.

Lolwut. more replys in the spam thread than in the metagame-related threads.

I heard the DDD metagame was staling lately. does this mean anything for luc?
I think the d3 matchup is exaggerated way to much now. The reason why he is stalling is because people realized that if you camp the fat penguin, his options become slim.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I think the d3 matchup is exaggerated way to much now. The reason why he is stalling is because people realized that if you camp the fat penguin, his options become slim.

Uh lol. I'm not saying it's a **** fest, but DDD doesn't get all that countered by camping.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
the one way to beat a good ddd with lucario is to be a smarter player period, and maybe some close combat combos
Pretty much. This was my experience with CO18. You know he's going for grabs, so you have to bait and punish. You know his primary kill moves and his bair edgeguards, so you just have to get around them. After that, it's just making smart choices and mindgames.

But honestly, if he didn't have chaingrabs, he wouldn't be good. Kind of likes ICs...

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I beat my friends main, Snake, with Lucario a lot. He was kinda tearing up and he actually yelled at me for "whoring grabs"
^^

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
His fault for getting in the grab range of our stubby little arms.

Speaking of toon links I've picked up toon link recently. he's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN besides the fact he can't kill very reliably.

Browny

Smash Hater
I still say you can buffer a spot dodge in between D3's CG.
If a frame perfect D3 can prevent Snake from pulling out a grenade on frame 1, and spotdodge takes 2 frames... I doubt that. And iirc, buffering only applies when you input two commands in rapid succession, such as jump and aerial at the exact same time while not waiting for your character to actually be in the air. If you were buffering a spotdodge from the chaingrab, what are you buffering it from?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I beat my friends main, Snake, with Lucario a lot. He was kinda tearing up and he actually yelled at me for "whoring grabs"
^^
Lol seriously? He's getting mad at YOU when he plays SNAKE?! And he's johning about the character with the worst grab range in the whole game?! Tell him to stfu.
His fault for getting in the grab range of our stubby little arms.

Speaking of toon links I've picked up toon link recently. he's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN besides the fact he can't kill very reliably.
Tink has good killing options IMO. Up-smash, bair (though usually used for damage), nair, uair, and utilt I think. I play with Jerm a lot so I have a good idea of what Tink does. Now Pit has a rough time getting a kill.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I will be absent the next 3 days because I am going on a trip. So see everyone in 3 days!

Edit: Aurasmash thanks for standing up for me and proving bear wrong. :)

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I will be absent the next 3 days because I am going on a trip. So see everyone in 3 days!

No problem. Have fun on your trip.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dedede can chaingrab Lucario; all he has to do is the regular one. It doesn't have to be frame perfect, like Marth.

Tink has good killing options IMO. Up-smash, bair (though usually used for damage), nair, uair, and utilt I think. I play with Jerm a lot so I have a good idea of what Tink does. Now Pit has a rough time getting a kill.
Usmash and uair are the only reliable ones. Fsmash, dsmash, nair, fair, etc. are only good at higher percents/mindgames. TLink can combo into his kill moves, which is a plus.

culexus・wau

Today I have nothing to do so maybe I should practice brawl for once

To Do list:
Learn Bone-Walking
Practice Wall Clinging with Lucario
Practice going under Smashville/Battlefield with Lucario/Toon Link.
Practice going under FD with Lucario
Practice Castle Siege/Pictochat/Pokemon Stadium Bull**** <3

Maybes:
Learn to Dacus
Loop more songs for brawl

gogogo

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dacus is best learned with Snake. Once you get it, you just have to use different timings for everyone else that can do it.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Lol not really
Yoshi and Pikachu cant chaingrab Lucario either.
Yoshi doesn't CG a lot of characters, or even have a CG for that matter. GRs are generally only useful against characters that have stupid release animations like MK and Falco.

And Pikachu can still get in a few fthrows to a dthrow and then nair/uair at low percents.

This made me man chuckle because rarely anyone ever bothers to disprove my statements (which have a tendency to be correct).

Besides, he didn't prove me wrong, asshat.

culexus・wau

Dacus is best learned with Snake. Once you get it, you just have to use different timings for everyone else that can do it.
I can snakedash because its dumb*ss Easy </3

I can't Dac with Falco/Fox/Wario though and it makes me pretty sad.

I don't even want to try to learn to dac with sheik

The problem for me is that it always ends up as a dashgrab wtf.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
DACUS timing is different with all characters. Once you learn it, it's easy. Just practice, there really isn't much to it...

Grab releases are silly.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Yoshi doesn't CG a lot of characters, or even have a CG for that matter. GRs are generally only useful against characters that have stupid release animations like MK and Falco.

And Pikachu can still get in a few fthrows to a dthrow and then nair/uair at low percents.
Actually, As far as I know, Pikachu can't CG Lucario at all.

Edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225783

List of all characters that get CG'd by pikachu, both Dthrow and Fthrow. It also has the combination of both just in case moves need to be unstale'd in order to work.
It was first used to only list characters who get Dthrow CG'd but later edited to list the FthrowCG's as well

On the note of People CG'ing Lucario: Its only Falco and D3. (not including IC's for the obvious reason) D3 has the normal CG on him, and Falco can CG him 3 times, which leads to about 23-27 percent, from there, its either a DA to Usmash cancel or a Dair. If he follows with the Dair, nothing else he does after that will work though.

DACUS timing is different with all characters. Once you learn it, it's easy. Just practice, there really isn't much to it...

Grab releases are silly.
The best way to learn how to DACUS is to start with sheik. If you master sheiks, then everyone elses is easy as hell lol.

culexus・wau

I've just been thinking and..

Do you think we have no lag on landing if we land while charging Aura Sphere?

since we can roll, Shield, and grab just like snake can Don't you think we might have the same bonuses as him?

EDIT:Wow I just tested it and if you land on a mine while charging aura sphere with the right timing you can powershield it. The timing is harder then snakes because we have the luxury of being able to AD out of Aura Sphere though.

This is legit <3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You have enough time to walk into a mine and powershield it. Brawl's shielding system is lenient.

culexus・wau

Losing lag time on landing is pretty nice though,

ussually if you fall on the mine from the air your done.

this gives us another option at the very least.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
FlamewaveK I have a Pikachu hat now. No, not the red trucker cap you have seen me with. I mean an actual hat (actually it's a beanie but w/e) that looks like Pikachu and has ears. It's not as cool as the Lucario hat though.
IDK why I needed to come in here and post that.

culexus・wau

But does your hat have cute little eyes that can change emotion, dreadlocks, and little floppy ears?

And is your hat signed by ken?

No it isn't <3

10Lucariohats

EDIT: but we GOTTA have a picture of both hats next to eachother,

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
SBR needs more Lucario users. How many are in there, like only Lee Martin and Azen?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I suspected as much. In a perfect world, each character would get a good amount of representation. That is obviously not the case. :ohwell:

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Pretty much only Lee Martin, as Azen is hardly active anymore.
Oh well...
I can snakedash because its dumb*ss Easy </3

I can't Dac with Falco/Fox/Wario though and it makes me pretty sad.

I don't even want to try to learn to dac with sheik

The problem for me is that it always ends up as a dashgrab wtf.
Shiek is easier than it seems...[just picked up]
But I still mess up sometimes.

Al go back to being princess alice </3
Will you beg? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom