• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You suddenly become tasked with being the director of Smash 5 coming out in Feb 2016...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Sheik appeared in one game.
One game.
She was originally supposed to be a glorified time-eating gimmick for Zelda. I personally thought it was dumb to spend so mush dev time on a gimmick, but it was tolerable. Now that she is supposed to be her own character, it is inexcusable. It is Tantamount to putting Tatanga in smash. Heck, Tatanga was the main villain of Super Mario Land, so he'd probably be more important than Sheik is.
-Implies the only criteria for inclusion in the game is how many games a character's been in
-Implies that this logic would apply even though it hasn't ever applied in the past

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
-Implies the only criteria for inclusion in the game is how many games a character's been in
-Implies that this logic would apply even though it hasn't ever applied in the past
I'm not talking about what DOES happen.
I'm talking about what SHOULD.
Supporting Characters from one game shouldn't be in smash, even if the are.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I'm against cutting any fighters period, if only because they bring unique playstyles to the table. Sheik is such a unique fighter in SSB4 even without the transformation aspect, and that alone earns her a spot in my book. I could care less about "relevance".

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Then why are you suggesting Mallow and then cutting alot of important characters who have either been in multiple games as significant characters or are flat out the protagonists. Seems a bit hypocritical to hate on Sheik for appearing in 1 game when Super Mario RPG is literally the only game Mallow has ever been in, ever.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I'm not talking about what DOES happen.
I'm talking about what SHOULD.
Why not? What about that criteria transcends tradition? People are used to and like sheik. Many people main her. What about this arbitrary criteria is so astounding that it would negate even that?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
It's very hard to cater to both crowds, especially when one crowd loves something, but the other finds it ridiculously unfair.

Really, here's how I'd handle the whole process;
July 2019 (E3): Announcement of the game itself in a CG trailer. Only the vaguest of information is shown of it due to it's early state, but the game is not given any release date. Confirms the game to have been in development since 2018.

December 2019: A Nintendo Direct dedicated to the game that confirms the following:
  • Almost every fighter from the last game is returning.
  • The game is being developed in such a way as to appeal to both hardcore and casual Smash players. Confirms the return of some ATs, like lag-cancelling.
  • Shows off some of the new stages, as well as returning ones. These returning stages would be Battlefield, Wooly World and Pokemon Stadium 2, while the new stages would be Gangplank Galleon, Norfair Depths and Emerald Coast.
  • Shows off some of the new mechanics and modes, such as combining attacks in Team Battles and Toy Smash, which makes it so all stages are much larger than before (but limits stages to Omega form to avoid confusion on large maps).
  • Confirms that fans can actually help develop the game by submitting ideas directly to a specialized Smash site, like SmashBoards.
  • Concludes with a trailer for the reveal of Wolf's return as a veteran fighter. Showcases some of his changes and ends with what appears to be a Codec-styled conversation between him and the rest of Star Wolf. This conversation drops hints to other possible fighters (in order, "a dragon", "an insane archosaur" and "a rail-thin man"), but leaves it ambigious.
Feburary 2020: Another Nintendo Direct, this one more generalized, confirms the following for Smash 6:
  • The game's title (Super Smash Bros. Showdown)
  • More of the game, such as new items and more new and returning stages.
  • Confirms that suggestions from not only the Smash Ballot, but from all over the Internet, are being taken into account for the roster, but stresses the rule of historical importance to Nintendo. Brings up Goku and Shrek directly, and explicitly deconfirms them.
  • Reveals that the roster is currently in flux, but plans are to have around as many as 50 fighters. Again, stresses that such a decision is not finalized.
  • Reveals that a 3DS game is being considered, but does not confirm or deny if it is being worked on or anything else about it.
  • Immediately afterwards, reveals that the Ice Climbers are returning for at least the console game. Also reveals, to coincide with this, that a new Ice Climber E-Shop game is in the works.
April 2020: Yet another Direct that reveals more about the game. Doesn't reveal anything big, though; only some returning veterans and stages.

July 2020 (E3): More is revealed about the game. The first of the Wolf Codec teases is given closure, as Ridley is revealed....as a Assist Trophy. The direct continues onwards, seemingly crushing Ridley's chances, but abruptly the video is torn apart and Ridley begins complaining about his role being on the sidelines for too long. Ridley then hijacks the entire Direct, becoming it's narrator and generally making potshots at other fighters. The Direct eventually devolves into the Smash fighters basically arguing about Ridley's role until finally Ridley is revealed in proper gameplay in a clip of him using a Forward Throw on Mario, which is overlain by his voice screaming for everyone to shut up. The newcomer card then appears with the tagline "Ridley hits the Big Time!". King K.Rool also gets confirmed in the same Direct, with the tagline "King K.Rool Konquers The Fight!".

December 2020: The game's final roster is totally revealed in an entire Direct devoted to Smash. The game is shown of in a nearly-complete state, and is given the release date of Feburary of 2021.

Feburary 2021: The game is finally released.

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
View attachment 52925
Key: Smash 4 character Character that skipped Smash 4 Newcomer Newcomer (clone/semi-clone)
There are 84 characters total, 29 of which are newcomers. Here are some notes:
  • Luigi is given his Poltergust for many of his moves
  • Link is from Skyward Sword with an accordingly tweaked moveset
  • Toon Link is similar to my MYM entry
  • Ganondorf's moveset is moved to Black Shadow, and Ganondorf is given a new Zelda-esque moveset
  • Waluigi is the spin-off character, drawing from the various sports, karting, party, etc games in the Mario series
  • Captain Toad is similar to my MYM entry
  • Dixie Kong is a semi-clone of Diddy Kong, sharing some moves but also having her own attacks
  • King K. Rool uses all his outfits from the various DKC games
  • Ghirahim does things from his Skyward Sword moveset, probably along with his tongue somewhere in there
  • Impa is a mixture of Zelda's magic and Sheik's ninja stuff, along with her huge sword from Hyrule Warriors
  • Excite Biker fights entirely using his motorcycle, along with a unique "cooldown" mechanic; using attacks heats him up while riding around cools him down
  • Dark Samus is a semi-clone of Samus, sharing some moves but also having its own Phazon attacks
  • Ridley is big and has unique attacks; clumsy on the ground, but great in the air; opposite of Little Mac
  • Greninja is now a Kalos Trainer Pokemon, along with the other Gen 6 starters
  • Plusle and Minun are like two Pichus, with some tweaks
  • Dillon has a lot of spin-type attacks; as a side note, Sonic has some more unique attacks such as the Light Speed Dash and the Boost
  • Takamaru has his AT attacks as well as others from his game
  • Slippy fights using miniature versions of the Star Fox vehicles; and yes, his recovery involves him crashing his Arwing
  • Waddle Dee has a spear copter and other spear-based attacks
  • Alph is a clone of Olimar; only uses Rock Pikmin
  • Box Boy (represented by the "Boxing Ring" icon) is from the simplistic 3DS game of the same name, and fights using small and large boxes protruding from his body (i.e. tiny boxes for a jab combo)
  • Inkling is similar to my MYM entry
  • Wonder-Red is similar to my MYM entry
  • Lyn is quick and relies on combos to get her damage dealt
  • Ray does stuff from Custom Robo; no idea what he does in that game, sorry :(
  • Chorus Kids work as a team, relying on both rhythmic inputs and positioning the three members to get the job done
  • Magnus uses his AT moves along with others from KI:U
  • Hades does stuff from Uprising; again, didn't play that game :(
  • Bayonetta uses the feet pistols, summons, etc
  • Rayman uses his attacks from Legends for his standards and has elements from the older games, as well as Peach-esque helicopter hair
  • Maxwell writes many different objects to fight with and can apply adjectives to both himself and opponents
  • Ryu uses Hadoukens, Shoryukens, etc
EDIT: Wait, a Smash game is more than just a roster? Oh... okay. :)

MODES
  • New character per stock
  • Adventure mode, with one stage per playable universe
  • Stage Builder has more backgrounds/textures (especially Nintendo themed ones) and another layer behind the stage for drawing backgrounds (basically for stuff like Hyrule Castle's tower with the platforms on it instead of just platforms)
  • Hazard switch, competitive-friendly platform switch, etc.
STAGES
  • All past stages. Ever. Redone with better visuals and everything.
  • Every character gets their own new stage. So...
  • Mario: Super Bell Hill (from Mario 3D World; takes place in the first world with clear pipes and such)
  • Luigi: Dark Moon (from Luigi's Mansion 3DS; transforms into the different mansions and such)
  • Peach: Toad Town (from Mario Galaxy; takes place in the opening scene in front of the castle)
  • Bowser: Bowser's Castle (from Mario Kart 8; uses the anti-gravity in fun ways)
  • Rosalina: Comet Observatory (from Mario Galaxy; travels to different areas similarly to Delfino, such as the observatory domes)
  • Yoshi: Yoshi's Island 2 (from Yoshi's Island; has a more complex layout with the same art style)
  • Bowser Jr.: Airship Fortress (from Mario Bros. 3; different airships and clown cars fly in as platforms, with cannons, burners, and such as hazards)
  • Dr. Mario: Bottle (from Dr. Mario; takes place in the bottle the capsules fall into, with viruses and such)
  • Wario: Mount Wario (from Mario Kart 8; is a travelling stage in the vein of Mario Circuit; starts at the helicopter starting line and stops at major setpieces before ending at the stadium and looping)
  • Waluigi: Mario Party (from the Mario Party series; the dice block is rolled deciding how much the space scrolls, and the different spaces have different effects)
  • Captain Toad: Minecart Madness (from Treasure Tracker; ride on minecarts from that game)
  • Mr. Game & Watch: Flat Zone 3 (more G&W games! yay!)
  • Ice Climbers: Icy Cliffside (from Ice Climber; takes place on the side of a cliff)
  • Duck Hunt: Shooting Gallery (from Light Gun games; transitions between all of them)
  • Donkey Kong: Jungle Canopy (from DKC series; takes place on top of trees)
  • Diddy Kong: DK Island (from DKC Returns; tours the world map similar to Delfino)
  • Dixie Kong: Jelly Jamboree (from DKC Tropical Freeze; bouncy gelatin platforms)
  • King K. Rool: Gangplank Galleon (from DKC series; takes place on one of K. Rool's pirate ships)
  • Link: Kokiri Forest (from Ocarina of Time; takes place near Link's house and has that bridge as a platform)
  • Zelda: Hyrule Castle 2 (from Ocarina of Time; takes place on top of the castle)
  • Sheik: Dungeon (from Zelda series; has typical dungeon things like chests, switches, etc., and has a sealed ceiling and walls, so the only way out is via the bottomless pit)
  • Ganondorf: Forsaken Fortress (from Wind Waker; takes place on the top)
  • Toon Link: Great Sea (from Wind Waker; travels across different islands)
  • Ghirahim: Rainy Arena (from Skyward Sword's final boss; the ground is slippery and lightning strikes to damage fighters)
  • Impa: Time Rift (from Hyrule Warriors; all of the levels are colliding, with armies fighting below)
  • Excite Biker: Excitebike Arena (from Mario Kart 8; the terrain is randomly generated, like in that game)
  • Little Mac: Training Room (from Punch Out!!; the training room in the trailer)
  • R.O.B.: R.O.B. (from real life; takes place on a giant R.O.B. hooked up to an NES)
  • Samus: Planet Zebes (from Metroid series)
  • Zero Suit Samus: Gunship (from Metroid series; takes place on Samus's Gunship)
  • Dark Samus: Space Pirate Homeworld (from Metroid Prime 3)
  • Ridley: Space Station (from Metroid series)
  • Pokemon Characters: ??? (didn't play Pokemon)
  • Wii Fit Trainer: Wii Fit (from Wii Fit series; tours through the mini games)
  • Dillon: Wild West (from Dillon's Rolling Western; takes place in the barren desert with cacti)
  • Takamaru: Dojo (from Takamaru's game; takes place on a Japanese building)
  • Star Fox Characters: ??? (didn't play Star Fox)
  • Kirby: Wispy Woods (from Kirby series; takes place in the boss area, with Wispy Woods attacking)
  • King Dedede: Mt. Dedede (from Kirby series; Dedede's mountain fortress)
  • Meta Knight: Rainbow Curse (from Rainbow Curse; has clay style and Elline constantly draws lines)
  • Waddle Dee: The Adventure Begins (from Return to Dream Land; takes place in the first level)
  • Olimar: Distant Planet 2 (from Pikmin series; has more human remains and such)
  • Alph: Formidable Oak (from Pikmin 3; takes place atop the oak)
  • Box Boy: Box Dimension (from Box Boy; box platforms dynamically change the battlefield)
  • Villager: Plaza (from City Folk; takes place near the fountain)
  • Inkling: A Splatoon level (perhaps the main plaza; might have a better idea when it's out)
  • Wonder-Red: Blossom City (the city from TW101; starts on the train from the beginning, and Unite Morphs hold up platforms etc)
  • Captain Falcon: Mute City (from F-Zero series; one of the 3D ones, not the SNES original)
  • Black Shadow: ??? (haven't played F-Zero)
  • Fire Emblem Characters: ???
  • Mother characters: ???
  • Ray: ???
  • Chorus Men: Rhythm Heaven (from Rhythm Heaven series; many rhythm-based hazards based on the minigames, and rhythm is key to fighting here)
  • Shulk: Mechonis (from Xenoblade; the giant robot in the background of Gaur Plains)
  • Mii: Nintendo Land (takes place on top of the tower with Miis touring the park below, and elements from the different minigames appear and can be interacted with)
  • Pit: Skyworld 2 (from Kid Icarus; bigger and more open)
  • Palutena: Destroyed Skyworld (from Uprising; like current Skyworld but more spread out and in ruins)
  • Dark Pit: Underworld (from Uprising)
  • Magnus/Hades: ??? (haven't played Uprising)
  • Sonic: Generations Tour (from Sonic Generations; travels through all the levels from the console game)
  • Mega Man: Wily Fortress (from Mega Man series; actually on top of/inside the castle this time)
  • Pac-Man: Pac-Arcade (from real life; takes place on the actual Pac-Man arcade machine with the game being played in the background)
  • Bayonetta: ???
  • Rayman: Music Level Medley (from Rayman Legends; mixes together all of the music levels from the game)
  • Maxwell: Notepad (from Scribblenauts; things are getting drawn all the time like Pictochat)
  • Ryu: Street Fight (from Street Fighter; literally just a flat street)
  • Snake: ???
  • Bonus: NES Remix (from NES Remix; travels through many different NES games)
GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
  • Ledge Mechanics Redo - If someone is already grabbing the ledge, if someone else tries to grab the same ledge, they will grab onto the feet of whoever is already grabbing the ledge! This works for an unlimited amount of characters, and is great for co-op in team battles!
  • Ground momentum carries over to the air.
  • Custom moves are changed a bit; there's one "variation" (like most characters have in Smash 4) and one unique (like Palutena has) custom option for each Special move per character.
  • Final Smash Redo - There are now two tiers of super attacks. Final Smashes are still obtained via the Smash Ball, but are now exclusively transformations and such (i.e. Super Sonic, Power Pellet, Mega Evolution, etc.). Ultra Smashes are obtained by building up a meter, which grows as you land hits and shrinks as you get hit. Grows more with combos. These attacks are always a single attack (i.e. Mario Finale, Mega Legends, Zero Laser, etc.). Of course, each character gets two super attacks; their current one in Smash 4 (or an original one for newcomers) and another original one (or sometimes their Brawl one if it changed).
DEMO
  • Roster:
View attachment 39541
  • Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, 3D World, Splatoon, and Music Level Medley
  • Options: Items on/off, Stock/Time + limits
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Multiple art styles. Can be changed to default (similar to Smash 4), stage-specific (i.e. a Wind Waker stage would be cel shaded), or universal (i.e. the aforementioned cel shading on every stage).
I'll jot down ideas here as they come to me.
Slippy Toad...... I like it :grin:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Then why are you suggesting Mallow and then cutting alot of important characters who have either been in multiple games as significant characters or are flat out the protagonists. Seems a bit hypocritical to hate on Sheik for appearing in 1 game when Super Mario RPG is literally the only game Mallow has ever been in, ever.
I didn't say Mallow. I said Mallo from Pushmo.
4 games.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Woah guys, I just wanted a reason and @ Zzuxon Zzuxon delivered. I don't agree with it, but I'm not to argue it. (Besides, any roster that includes Ridley and K.Rool is never gonna happen).

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I didn't say Mallow. I said Mallo from Pushmo.
4 games.
At least people have heard of Super Mario RPG.

But if we're just talking about number of games we should probably have Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. They've had like, 10 games at this point. And before you say something, yes, more than 4 were for nintendo consoles.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
At least Sheik has actually been in a game at all, unlike Mr. Playing Card (AKA Daitōryō).
Daitoryo's importance to Nintendo's history more than makes up for his game count. He would represent all of nintendo's pre video game history. That is huge.

At least people have heard of Super Mario RPG.

But if we're just talking about number of games we should probably have Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. They've had like, 10 games at this point. And before you say something, yes, more than 4 were for nintendo consoles.
1. Pushmo is a very successful and well-received series. The fact that it spawned 3 sequels can clue one in on this.

2. Scorpion is a 3rd party character, and therefore is held to a different and higher standard than nintendo characters.

I'm sure there will be an "ultimate edition" of the base game plus all the DLC on the disc. Early 2016 sounds like a probable time for that. What else could they get done by 2016? A lot of ideas in this thread or for games that would take years to develop.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Daitoryo's importance to Nintendo's history more than makes up for his game count. He would represent all of nintendo's pre video game history. That is huge.
Smash is a video game series about video game characters battling on video game stages worth video game items, video game collectibles, and video game references galore. Non-video game content has no place here, especially not as a playable character.

For Sheik, by the way, I'd say her Smash fan base and unique playstyle "make up for" her lack of games (even though I don't see that as a reason to cut fighters in the first place).

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Smash is a video game series about video game characters battling on video game stages worth video game items, video game collectibles, and video game references galore. Non-video game content has no place here, especially not as a playable character.

For Sheik, by the way, I'd say her Smash fan base and unique playstyle "make up for" her lack of games (even though I don't see that as a reason to cut fighters in the first place).
I dunno, there's some merit in the pre-video game era. I mean, ROB was never in a video game. not to mention these sort of patterns kind of exist to be broken.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I dunno, there's some merit in the pre-video game era. I mean, ROB was never in a video game. not to mention these sort of patterns kind of exist to be broken.
R.O.B. is a video game accessory/controller, so he at least fits the theme. Patterns can be broken, but I'd like the overall theme of the game to remain intact personally.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
what I should do:

New/Edited Characters:
  • Meowth
  • Magolor
  • Waluigi
  • King K Rool
  • Marshal
  • Inkling
  • Tingle or Skullkid
  • Ridley
  • Dark Samus
  • Dr Mario is now a proper alt for Mario
  • Lucina is now a proper alt for Marth
  • Dark Pit is now a proper alt for Pit

Modes:
  • an sequence for SSE story mode
  • add back Melee's/Brawl's or even 3DS Classic Mode as "Classic" mode
  • change Smash4 Classic mode into "Battle Royal" with same settings and possible even longer
  • add back Melees Adventure mode through all the francises
  • Keep Smash Tour and add Smash Run with Online comptivity
  • a "Tag Team" mode there you select each character as a "stock" (like 2 stock is link and mario, if you die as link you will join the match as mario instead for your last stock)

New/Tweak Gameplay:
  • Soft Landing is back, but only makes it a bit slower than Melees (Soft landing is the official term for L-Cancle)
  • Rolling has longer end lag
  • New Ledge gameplay. if you are hanging on the ledge, your teammate can hold your feet as a "extended" ledge hold. both will gain invisibly when teammate is holding you, but will lose it if he regrabs you (just like a normal ledge)
  • the Sheild is bigger but little more frail/faster to shrink it. Perfect shielding removes its lag but normal shield will have little more hitstun

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
R.O.B. is a video game accessory/controller, so he at least fits the theme. Patterns can be broken, but I'd like the overall theme of the game to remain intact personally.
It's only being considered the theme because that's what you say the theme is. I'm sure people once thought it would be against the theme to have a non-nintendo character. Not to mention I don't see why maintaining the theme has any sort of intrinsic value.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It's only being considered the theme because that's what you say the theme is. I'm sure people once thought it would be against the theme to have a non-nintendo character. Not to mention I don't see why maintaining the theme has any sort of intrinsic value.
The theme, or rather, the essence of the series is video game crossovers. That's what it's always been, Nintendo or otherwise. To break that tradition by entering another form of media entirely would be to, in my opinion, sort of betray what the series is supposed to be. Now, I do think the playing cards and all would be neat as a trophy, maybe even a stage or AT, but I think that the high position of playable character should be reserved for video game characters, since that's what the series is all about. That's just my Bitcoin, though.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
It's not a simple copy-and-paste of course, but I feel it's worth the effort. Then again, I'm not a game developer, so I dunno.
And yet, you can't just fit everyone in on time for release, and odds are Nintendo won't just let you delay the game so that you can get a few more characters in. And just because you have DLC doesn't mean you can cram everyone in that way.
In the end, some characters have to be cut and their fans will just have to deal with it.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
The theme, or rather, the essence of the series is video game crossovers. That's what it's always been, Nintendo or otherwise. To break that tradition by entering another form of media entirely would be to, in my opinion, sort of betray what the series is supposed to be. Now, I do think the playing cards and all would be neat as a trophy, maybe even a stage or AT, but I think that the high position of playable character should be reserved for video game characters, since that's what the series is all about. That's just my Bitcoin, though.
You could've easily have said that the essence was a nintendo crossover until brawl came out. You have no basis to confirm that is the 'essence' of the series, partially because you've yet to define what essence means in this context. If you could, I'd like you to explain to me exactly why betraying the series tradition would be a bad thing. Are we afraid of hurting it's feelings? Are there some assholes who will stop buying it solely based on the breaking of aforementioned tradition? If so then why haven't the other traditions been kept (no 3rd party, for example).

And still, I think ROB seriously is not a video game character. He was never in a video game. Your justification for why he is is solely there to avoid any contradictions with your current theory in order to avoid letting go of it. Then again, since there is no definition of what a 'video game character' is you could say I'm saying he isn't just to disprove you. Just more evidence that this tradition is not as definite as you are making it sound.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It's my opinion that it should be video games only. That's all I'll say on the matter. I'd rather not get into a debate over this.

Kwinston

Smash Cadet
NNID
KWINSTON
Make it competetive as possible. Faster fall speeds, plenty of hitstun, wavedashing and things of that nature, and intricate combo options.
I'd prefer to just not have wavedashing again... It was an oversight, not a mechanic put in by a developer.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'd prefer to just not have wavedashing again... It was an oversight, not a mechanic put in by a developer.
I wouldn't call it an oversight. Sure Sakurai and co. didn't intend for it to be used so heavily, but they did still expected players to learn and use it.

Personally, aside from L-cancel, I wouldn't mind if all of the tech from Melee/Brawl returned, so long as the game is still balanced and doesn't have only 8 viable characters from 50+ characters.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I'd add combos to the game with a combo counter and lots of different possible combo enders. DK could do a launcher (up-tilt) and jump cancel it into an aerial rave (press A multiple times) and finish it off with a forward air or fully charged B.

I'd also make sure that clone characters were just relegated to alternate costumes and not take up separate spots on the roster.

My roster of newcomers:

Warioland Wario - Separate from Biker Wario, this is Wario with a moveset based on his Wario Land adventures, featuring numerous hats and transformations as well as his own herculean strength. He can cause earthquakes with his fists and butt slam moves, blow flames with his dragon hat, charge at people with incredible power, inflate himself, compress his legs into springs, make himself fat and invulnerable, flatten himself, and much more.

Lip - The flower fairy girl from Panel de Pon, released in the west as Tetris Attack and later Pokemon Puzzle League. In addition to dropping garbage blocks and shooting panels at people, she also has a variety of plant-based powers, such as the ability to plant damaging flowers on people's heads with her stick, or plant flowers in the stage as proximity hazards that will sprout when an opponent gets close. And just because it's cute, she suplexes people.

Funky Kong - Donkey Kong's friend from the DK Isles who debuted in Donkey Kong Country for the SNES. He is a weapons expert and a master mechanic, and his moves utilize these abilities to their full advantage. He is able to utilize a variety of weapons from DK64 such as the Pineapple Bazooka, Orange Grenades, Coconut Gun or Grape Shooter. For his Final Smash he hops in his plane and bombards the stage with a series of explosive watermelons that can be aimed, much like the minigames in DK64.

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Make this melee leak real.

Change Pacman's Design:

add dark pacman:

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I'm sure there will be an "ultimate edition" of the base game plus all the DLC on the disc. Early 2016 sounds like a probable time for that. What else could they get done by 2016? A lot of ideas in this thread or for games that would take years to develop.
Yeah based on the original title of the thread, if we were looking for a 2016 release date I'd expect little more than a "Super Turbo Ultra" style update, and we already know how most people feel about Capcom's business structure with patches and DLC being a thing. I wouldn't want that.

That being said, because the Wii U didn't sell as successfully as it could have, I'd really like to see Nintendo rerelease the Wii U edition for the NX. "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo NX" (Black type to replace the 3ds' red and wii u's blue) shouldn't be too hard to make a launch title if they started now, and I'd include these features:

Maybe have all the characters and customs unlocked from the beginning and make character costumes unlockable

MAYBE give us the DLC as part of the base package or give us a code to get them free if we bought the packages in the previous versions

Make some way to transfer our custom characters from both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

Add some things that couldn't be done because of 3DS limitations (Ice Climbers, etc), as well as a few other bonuses a la SSFIV, UMvC3 to round out the package.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
6 Kid Icarus characters?
6 Fire Emblem characters?
No new Pokemon?
8 Third parties?
Matthew but no Isaac?
Ridley?
That's a crap ton of bias.
I made it ages ago more as a 'dream' roster. I don't see the problem with 3rd parties, there's a small amount compared to 1st/2nd and it will always be like that. Brawl had 6% 3rd party and Smash4 has 7%.

I do agree though, I have BS with Kid Icarus. :p. It's just that all 3 newcomers I added would have such awesome movesets. Also, if Roy is coming back as data shows then FE will have 5 reps anyway.

I want Isaac/Mathew/Felix to be costumes kinda lika Alph/Olimar, except I chose that image since I thought it was the best looking one in roster maker.

- Stock mode as default instead of Time mode
- Half of counter moves are removed
- Clones become alt costumes
- Wolf returns
- The Dong is expanded by adding King K. Rool and Dixie Kong as newcomers
- Bandana Dee, Ridley, Meowth, Kamek, Captain Toad and Isaac are also added as newcomers
- Proper story mode instead of awful Smash Tour
- Target Smash returns
- Ganondorf would be decloned
- 75m, Pac-Land and TGCO don't return
- Sheik, ZSS, Lucas and WFT are low priority and would be cut if time runs out (they would return as DLC)
- Koopaling alt costumes are also low priority and would be replaced with regular palette swaps if time runs out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom