• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You suddenly become tasked with being the director of Smash 5 coming out in Feb 2016...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit because there's no way I'm directing a Smash game due in one year. :p

Also panic because I'm at the top of a new page. Oh boy!

All jokes aside, I'll take a shot at this thread. It's a great topic.

First of all, I'll keep the same physics as the latest games. This will be a party game first, competitive game second. Though I will ask the competitive community for advice. Namco Bandai can develop again. I think they did a good job.

Next, I'll develop for both the next Nintendo handheld and home console. Both will feature the same roster, but different features and stages. I'm sure the next handheld won't be as limited in power compared to the 3DS.

I'll go for a roster of around 60 characters hopefully without too many cuts. The new/returning fighters I'd think of adding would be these guys. Obviously not all of them can realistically be added. They're just ideas.
  • Isaac (Golden Sun is an amazing series that just has to be represented more in Smash.)
  • Abraham Lincoln (Giant US President Steam-Powered Robots just speak to my soul.)
  • Rayman (He's a popular third party with plenty of great games that has already appeared in Smash with a trophy)
  • Snake (His move set was unique and his interactions with the other fighters was hilarious)
  • Roy (He'll probably replace Lucina if I do add him.)
  • Wolf (He wasn't just another clone like many say. Plus he was cool.)
  • Ice Climbers (They were unique, and the next consoles will definitely be able to handle them.)
  • Lucas (The world must know of Mother!)
  • King K. Rool (Probably one of the most requested villains besides Ridley.)
  • Inkling (I can see an Inkling being a very unique character with the ink. Maybe attacks can somehow complement your movement?)
  • Ridley (If I can find a way to make him small and not look stupid at the same time, he's in for sure.)
  • Bandana Waddle Dee (We complete the current cast of main Kirby characters, and the Fire Emblem weapon triangle!)
  • Darunia (We're Super Goron Brothers now. Seriously though, I think the other races of Zelda could make for some cool characters. We don't need a third Link with masks to include them.)
  • Ruto (Same as Darunia. I think this idea can potentially work. The biggest problem I see so far is Ocarina of Time getting too much representation. It would be ideal to go with the most iconic Zora and Goron though.)
  • Saki (Sin and Punishment is another great series I'd like to see in Smash. I heard Saki is very popular in Japan, so why not see what I could do?)
  • Cross (The Xenoblade series continues to grow, and with that should come new fighters. The player avatar from X would be nothing like Shulk, as he/she has a lot more tech at their disposal. Cross would have costumes similar to the Villager.)
  • Takamaru (He would be a nice retro rep that appeals to Japan. I can base his moves off his Samurai Warriors appearance.)
  • Black Mage (Square Enix joining in on Smash would be great, and Final Fantasy is huge in the history of the industry. Black Mage would be a fun Mega Man/Robin type character.)
I'd try to have designers work on as many alternate costumes as possible to further increase the size of the roster and add cool aesthetic options.

Assist Trophies and Bosses will consist of anyone I am unable to add, characters from recent games, etc.

Time for some stage ideas... Not too good with these, so expect a few. While these seem full of gimmicks, I'll add a lot of stages with minimal hazards too.

A Nintendo Land stage where you ride the train around the park, visiting various attractions.
A stage based on The Wonderful 101. It would be as dynamic as Orbital Gate Assault. You must avoid alien forces while battling other fighters.
The Venus Lighthouse. It would be a very vertical stage that would occassionally heal, damage, buff, and weaken fighters.
Planet Mira. A large, open stage based on Xenoblade X's overworld. It isn't very segmented compared to other large stages. Dolls and GROWTH forces will occassionally come by to battle it out.

Finally, a bunch of other stuff I'd like to work on...

Stage Builder would be revamped again, this time with more props and designer-friendly tools.

A Melee-style Adventure Mode would be implemented.

There will be more stages available for 8-player Smash.

Balance patches and DLC would be planned.

I would add the ability to play what ever music you want using an SD card, USB, etc.

AI would be updated from time to time based on player records.

There would be more rule flexibility online.

A hazard-switch for stages can be implemented.

Special Smash will allow you to change the game to play more like previous entries in the series. These settings will not be balanced though.

Break the Targets should return. The new mode isn't quite the same.

Custom Break the Targets stages can be added.

A new mode where your character changes each stock.

The ability to have your amiibo battle online.

Not sure what else I can come up with right now... Seems good so far! Might add more later.

Last edited:

Umbra of Shadows

Smash Rookie
I have a few ideas regarding this (I will explain my choices):

Roster:
Veterans: All characters that appeared in a previous game would appear in this game. Characters should not be cut once they are included because every character has supporters (with the possible exclusion of 3rd party characters if another company does not want to let Nintendo use the rights to its character).

Newcomers:
Captain Toad (the most likely Newcomer for Nintendo's biggest franchise)
Ridley (he is an iconic Metroid villain and may be the most wanted Smash character, as his support thread had ~2 million views)
Bandana Dee (at this point he is essentially the 4th main character of the Kirby series)
King K. Rool (another one of the most wanted characters in Smash; also, DK does not have villain representation)
Isaac (though I haven't played Golden Sun, it is to my understanding that it is well received and many people want him)
Ganondorf* (I put this here to say that a non-clone version of Ganondorf should be added to the game)
Fire Emblem If Main Character (seeing as this is an upcoming release in a popular series, it seems possible)
Dark Samus (a recurring villain from the Metroid games that would not be very difficult to make)

Stages:
Returning Stages: All stages from past games should be included for the same reason as the veterans.

New Stages:
Golden Sun Stage (with Isaac in the game, it would be good to give him a home stage)

Items: All items from previous games would return.

Notice that, as a result of time (assuming it is released in 2016), there would be few characters and stages able to be implemented. This brings me to the main point of the idea for this theoretical game:

Modes:
Basic Mode: The game would come with its own, new set of physics that aims to achieve the best balance between all previous games by taking the best aspects of each game and combining them (ex: the speed of Melee, the accessibility of Brawl). However, one would be able to unlock modes in which the physics and rules of the other games in the series are replicated.

SSB64 Mode: In this mode all of the N64 SSB features would return, including (but not limited to) high hitstun, a lack of air dodging, cubic hitboxes, forward and backwards throws, Z cancelling, and a lack of Side B.

Melee Mode: In this mode, the physics system of Melee would return, including (but not limited to) Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, directional air dodging, and dash dancing.

Brawl Mode: The physics system of Brawl would be replicated here (although there would be an option to turn off random tripping, seeing how it was basically universally disliked).

SSB4 Mode: Once again, the rules of SSB4 would apply in this mode (assuming an update after DI replaced VI).

My idea for the modes was that, instead of having to lean towards one group of Smashers or another, everyone could be made happy by allowing people to play the game however they want. N64 fans could play as their favorite characters in N64 SSB, Melee fans in Melee, and so on. There is not a need to exclude people, and the base physics of the game would be an attempt to unify everyone by taking the best of each game, allowing different people (ex: Melee fans and N64 fans) to meet at a common ground.

Does anybody else agree with my ideas? I want to hear what other people think regarding this. Is it reasonable, or completely insane for an idea regarding a new Smash?

Umbra of Shadows

Smash Rookie
Quit because there's no way I'm directing a Smash game due in one year. :p

Also panic because I'm at the top of a new page. Oh boy!

All jokes aside, I'll take a shot at this thread. It's a great topic.

First of all, I'll keep the same physics as the latest games. This will be a party game first, competitive game second. Though I will ask the competitive community for advice. Namco Bandai can develop again. I think they did a good job.

Next, I'll develop for both the next Nintendo handheld and home console. Both will feature the same roster, but different features and stages. I'm sure the next handheld won't be as limited in power compared to the 3DS.

I'll go for a roster of around 60 characters hopefully without too many cuts. The new/returning fighters I'd think of adding would be these guys. Obviously not all of them can realistically be added. They're just ideas.
  • Isaac (Golden Sun is an amazing series that just has to be represented more in Smash.)
  • Abraham Lincoln (Giant US President Steam-Powered Robots just speak to my soul.)
  • Rayman (He's a popular third party with plenty of great games that has already appeared in Smash with a trophy)
  • Snake (His move set was unique and his interactions with the other fighters was hilarious)
  • Roy (He'll probably replace Lucina if I do add him.)
  • Wolf (He wasn't just another clone like many say. Plus he was cool.)
  • Ice Climbers (They were unique, and the next consoles will definitely be able to handle them.)
  • Lucas (The world must know of Mother!)
  • King K. Rool (Probably one of the most requested villains besides Ridley.)
  • Inkling (I can see an Inkling being a very unique character with the ink. Maybe attacks can somehow complement your movement?)
  • Ridley (If I can find a way to make him small and not look stupid at the same time, he's in for sure.)
  • Darunia (We're Super Goron Brothers now. Seriously though, I think the other races of Zelda could make for some cool characters. We don't need a third Link with masks to include them.)
  • Ruto (Same as Darunia. I think this idea can potentially work. The biggest problem I see so far is Ocarina of Time getting too much representation. It would be ideal to go with the most iconic Zora and Goron though.)
  • Saki (Sin and Punishment is another great series I'd like to see in Smash. I heard Saki is very popular in Japan, so why not see what I could do?)
  • Cross (The Xenoblade series continues to grow, and with that should come new fighters. The player avatar from X would be nothing like Shulk, as he/she has a lot more tech at their disposal. Cross would have costumes similar to the Villager.)
  • Takamaru (He would be a nice retro rep that appeals to Japan. I can base his moves off his Samurai Warriors appearance.)
  • Black Mage (Square Enix joining in on Smash would be great, and Final Fantasy is huge in the history of the industry. Black Mage would be a fun Mega Man/Robin type character.)
I'd try to have designers work on as many alternate costumes as possible to further increase the size of the roster and add cool aesthetic options.

Assist Trophies and Bosses will consist of anyone I am unable to add, characters from recent games, etc.

Time for some stage ideas... Not too good with these, so expect a few. While these seem full of gimmicks, I'll add a lot of stages with minimal hazards too.

A Nintendo Land stage where you ride the train around the park, visiting various attractions.
A stage based on The Wonderful 101. It would be as dynamic as Orbital Gate Assault. You must avoid alien forces while battling other fighters.
The Venus Lighthouse. It would be a very vertical stage that would occassionally heal, damage, buff, and weaken fighters.
Planet Mira. A large, open stage based on Xenoblade X's overworld. It isn't very segmented compared to other large stages. Dolls and GROWTH forces will occassionally come by to battle it out.

Stage Builder would be revamped again, this time with more props and designer-friendly tools.

I would add the ability to play what ever music you want using an SD card, USB, etc.

Special Smash will allow you to change the game to play more like previous entries in the series. These settings will not be balanced though.

Not sure what else I can come up with right now... Seems good so far! Might add more later.
I think a lot of these sound like great ideas! I've wanted to see the N64 and Melee version of Break the Targets for a while (is this what you are referring to?) where each character gets a unique layout. In the same way, it would also be nice to have Board the Platforms. The idea for an improved Stage Builder would also be nice, as would the hazard switch and changing characters with each stock. I only just realized that your idea with Special Smash is similar to my main idea, so I obviously think that would also be great!

I would like to see Black Mage in Smash, especially because Final Fantasy was such a huge thing and began on Nintendo, although I didn't include him on my roster for this theoretical game because the theoretical time limit did not seem to allow for more characters than what I listed (and even that seemed like a stretch to me).

Overall, these seem like some wonderful ideas!

Last edited:
I think a lot of these sound like great ideas! I've wanted to see the N64 and Melee version of Break the Targets for a while (is this what you are referring to?) where each character gets a unique layout. In the same way, it would also be nice to have Board the Platforms. The idea for an improved Stage Builder would also be nice, as would the hazard switch and changing characters with each stock. I only just realized that your idea with Special Smash is similar to my main idea, so I obviously think that would also be great!

I would like to see Black Mage in Smash, especially because Final Fantasy was such a huge thing and began on Nintendo, although I didn't include him on my roster for this theoretical game because the theoretical time limit did not seem to allow for more characters than what I listed (and even that seemed like a stretch to me).

Overall, these seem like some wonderful ideas!
Thanks! I'll check out your ideas too!

Having a unique Target layout would be ideal, but it would be hard with 60+ characters, eh? :p

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
All customs are unlocked from the start.
Story mode.

Then I give it back to Sakurai because idk what else I'd do

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
The opening is a new cutscene like 64 and Melee

The menus would be similar to Melee's, both layout and aesthetic-wise.

Roster (It's more or less the same with new additions being really obvious/unoriginal):
Starting:
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Kirby
Fox
Samus
Yoshi
Pikachu
Peach
Bowser
Zelda
Sheik
Marth
Ice Climbers
Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Ike
Toon Link
Lucario
R.O.B.
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Greninja
Robin
Palutena
Mii Fighters
Shulk
Dixie Kong
Impa
Krystal

Unlockable:
Luigi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game&Watch
Ganondorf
Wario
R.O.B.
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Bowser Jr.
Duck Hunt
Lucina
Ridley
Chorus Kids
Captain N

It would also be ordered by game debut (64 > Melee > Brawl > 4 > 5) rather than series.

At this point there are so many characters that there probably won't be many more newcomers each time around.

Stage List (since it's only a year from now a lot of them would probably focus on older/more obscure games):
New:
Battlefield
Big Battlefield (styled after Melee's BF)
Final Destination
Super Bell Hill
Rainbow Road (either MK8's new or 64 one)
Mario Party
Glitzville (or anything from TTYD really)
Tropical Freeze Level
King K. Rool's Pirate Ship
Mario vs. Donkey Kong Level
Skyward Sword Level
Zelda U Level
CDi Zelda Level (in a similar vein to PAC-LAND)
Yoshi's Safari
King Bowser's Castle (the final boss fight from Yoshi's Island-- remastered in HD this would look amazing)
Ecruteak City Bell Tower
Nimbassa City (preferably on the ferris wheel)
Pokemon Stadium X (combo of transformations from 1 and 2 but it looks like 1)
Town Tree (on the ground in front of it with platforms in the air)
Main Street (on top of the buildings, like Saffron City)
Wii U Plaza
Mii Plaza
Splatoon Level
Nintendo Land Level
As for the franchises I couldn't list (because I don't play them so I have no ideas), 2 Star Fox, 2 Metroid, 2 Earthbound, 2 F-Zero, 2 Kirby, 2 Fire Emblem, 2 Kid Icarus, 1 for every other series (unless there's a big prominent series I've missed in this list, I'm tired right now so I may have forgotten, but definitely 1 per 3rd Party series). The 8-Bit Stages would be kept to a minimum.

Retro Stages:
N64 Hyrule Castle
N64 Saffron City
N64 Yoshi's Story
N64 Dream Land
Melee Princess Peach's Castle
Melee Jungle Japes
Melee Temple
Melee Fountain of Dreams
Melee Yoshi's Island
Melee Corneria
Melee Brinstar
Melee Poke Floats
Melee Onett
Brawl Delfino Island
Brawl Bridge of Eldin
Brawl Halberd
Brawl Norfair
Brawl Skyworld
Brawl Castle Seige
Brawl Pictochat
3DS Magicant
3DS Tomadochi Life
3DS Tortimer Island
3DS Unova Pokemon League
3DS Living Room
Wii U Mario Galaxy
Wii U Jungle Hijinx
Wii U Colisseum
Wii U Palutena's Temple
Wii U Town and City
Wii U Gaur Plain
Wii U Wuhu Island

10 Alternate Colors/Costumes for each character (including their default). Most of them would be references to actual things and not just random pallet swaps.

Individual victory themes

1P Modes:
Classic (similar to Melee's, even with the same pre-round jingle)
All Star (Works just like Smash 4's except the version with just the starting roster is available after "True" All Star mode is unlocked)
Adventure Mode (with a bigger emphasis on platforming but the platforming levels are similar to Melee's)
Street Smash (but a bit more fleshed out)
Event Mode (structure it like Melee/Brawl's)
Break the Targets (I would say individual stages for each character but there's a bunch of them so maybe one for each franchise?)
Stadium Mode (same as always)
New Stock=New fighter battle

Trophies return (obviously) but you can view them like Melee (and maybe Brawl? I forget)-- you can look at the top/bottom without it snapping back to a front view. Also the different backgrounds would noticeably change the lighting again.
Different trophy modes:
Lottery
Coin Launcher
Trophy Rush
A Tetris-like mode where when you match up colors you either get coins, custom parts, or trophies
Diorama (or whatever it's called, works the same as Smash Wii U but more backgrounds available)
Shop

8 Player Smash would return, with it being playable on every stage (but with them having differences in the backgrounds and hazards like Smash Wii U)

Stage Builder too, but this time there's a background for each series. All the custom parts from Brawl and Wii U come back plus parts from stages in the game. You can also make 8 Player Smash stages which are the biggest size and have simplified backgrounds.

Customized fighters are back, but with a bit more variety in custom moves (each custom move wouldn't just be the standard one with slightly different properties)

PEACH WOULD HAVE A NEW, NOT TERRIBLE FINAL SMASH. EVEN IF IT'S JUST HER CURRENT ONE BUT OTHER FIGHTERS CAN'T EAT THE PEACHES, JUST MAKE IT NOT TERRIBLE.

Instead of Omega Form, each stage would have an Alpha Form which would make each stage similar to Battlefield, but would have slight differences in floating platforms (different numbers of platforms, some may slowly rise/fall, etc).

Online has For Fun and For Glory, I can't think of many changes (except FD is available in For Fun and the wait times for matches are shorter so people can't join a room, reset the time to 1 minute, and leave any more)

Aesthetically, I think they should really go with a new art style in the next game. Smash Wii U looks fantastic, but I appreciated Melee's unique art style. Now granted, it was because it was the first time most of the cast had appeared on a system that could do not-terrible 3D graphics so that, combined with more-realistic textures, it was easy for it to stand out. And then when each series developed their own art styles and they were different than Melee's, Melee stood out. And then Brawl went with the really dull, gritty, hard texture style which most Nintendo games haven't really done. And while it didn't look good it was still unique. Smash Wii U, while being the best-looking game in the series by far, still goes with the realistic (relatively) texture look but now the different franchises go in that direction too so it doesn't really stand out. Especially on the stages; stages like Mushroom Kingdom U and Town & City look like they came straight out of their respective games (not to mention all of the 8-bit stages).

So basically it'd be cool if they went with a more unique art style. And I was thinking they could go back to their roots of Smash 64 and make everything look like dolls (characters) placed in little home-made displays (stages). Kind of like an HD cross of Paper Mario and Kirby's Epic Yarn/Yoshi's Wooly World. And on an HD system that would really pop.

That's all I can really think of right now but I'm sure I'll have more ideas later.

Last edited:

Random765

Smash Cadet
There should be a built-in messaging system and voice chat should be supported so you can hear the other person's reaction for 2 seconds when you KO them. (Call of Duty style)

"OH what the FU---"

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Things Roster.png

64 Characters, 18 Newcomers, 7 Cuts. And yes a lot of these are fanboy choices but whatever *cough cough Geno, Cordelia*
  • Ganondorf would finally not be a clone, he would be given his own moveset and Black Shadow would get his old Moveset
  • Paper Mario was added, because of the unique moveset potential, and if Toon Link can be in why not him
  • King K. Rool, well deserved, fan favorite
  • Ghirahim, Maybe he is a one off, but Sheik kinda is too, but he has lots of fans that love him
  • Tom Nook, He is a shoe in for Smash5, he is a well known character for sure, and Nintendo shows a lot of love for him
  • Thomas, He was in a old NES game called Kung-Fu, so he would be a good Retro Rep
  • Scizor, Fan favorite 2nd gen character
  • Blaziken, Fan favorite 3rd Gen character (3rd gen never got a rep before)
  • Inkling, This character is a given for Smash5, or who ever he/she is.
  • Isaac, Fan favorite
  • Lyn, She was a part of the first FE game to ever come outside of Japan! I mean come on why is she not in!
  • Cordelia, Ok, this one is a bit of the Fanboy inside me, but she is fairly popular in FE:Awakening, and she could have good moveset with a pegasus and lance
  • Takamaru, I was torn having both him and Lyn, but Nintendo has been giving him some love lately
  • John, This one is a shot in the dark, the game (Code Name Steam) could sell bad and ruin his chances but whatever
  • Dark Samus, She's not a giant purple dragon and could actually work, she/it would not be a clone of samus
  • Agent J, I thought he would be our WTF character, he would have a funny moveset about singing and stuff
  • Chibi Robo, This guy needs to be in, just look at Super Smash Flash if you want a moveset example
  • Geno, Never will happen, but the fanboy inside me wants it sooo bad!
-Cut Mii Sword Fighter, Mii Gunner (Least used characters, Moveset could go to other characters), Lucario (Losing Popularity), Dark Pit, Lucina, Dr.Mario (Cut and Made into Alts), Bowser Jr. (Seen as not that importent)

New Stages

Mario-
-3D Mario Stage

-Rawst Forest
-RougePort (Paper Mario)
-Princess Peach's Castle (Remastered)
-Mario Kart Stage (Bowser Track?)

Wario-
-Wario Ware 2.0

Donkey Kong-
-Gangplank Galleon
-Volcano Dome

Yoshi-
-Yoshi's Story 2

Punch Out-
-Super Boxing Ring

Legend of Zelda-
-Outset Island
-Kokiri Forest
-Ganondorf's Tower
-SkyView Temple

Metroid-
-Splinter Hives
-Brinstar Depths (Remastered)

Kirby-
-Fountain of Dreams (Remastered)
-City Trails

Star Fox
-Great Fox

Pokemon
-Pokemon Stadium 3
-Sky Pillar
-Pyrite Town
-7th Gen location

Fire Emblem
-Plegia (Chapter 9, in FE:Awakening)
-Dragons Gate
-New FE location?

F-Zero
-Fire Field

Mother
-Chimera Laboratory
-Saturn Valley

Pikmin
-Dream Den

Kid Icarus
-Reaper Forest

Animal Crossing
-A new flat AC stage lol

Chibi Robo
-Sanderson Household

Golden Sun
-Jupiter Lighthouse

Other-
-Takamaru Stage (Lol can't think of any)
-Nintendo Land
-Buckingham Palace (CodeName Steam)
-8bit Ice Climber
-Kung-FU
-Location from Xenoblade chronicles X
-Elite Beat Agent
-Dillon Rolling Western Stage
-Inkling Hub

Alts: Mr. L, Japanese Agent J, Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Dry Bowser, Fierce Diety Link (A legit Alt, not just a pallete swap), Light Suit Samus

Ok, well thats it, there goes my night lol. Kinda fanboy'd out. Put for those who like to read this stuff here you go!

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
All riiiight, it's show time.
5mash_roster.png

BORDER COLORS
Default veteran
Unlockable veteran
Default newcomer
Unlockable newcomer

NEW SERIES (Order of debut)
Nintendo Mini Games (1971)
Bubble Bobble (1984; Taito rep)
For Frog the Bell Tolls (September 4, 1992)
Sin & Punishment (November 21, 2000)
Shantae (June 2, 2002; Indie rep)
Rhythm Heaven (August 3, 2006)
Splatoon (May 2015)

Ethereal breathing is heard as red slices run across the screen drawing the Smash logo. Strings swell, then some colorful FM synths (I'd feel the main theme for this installment would be some vaguely Eschatos-like operatic grunge, most likely written by Yousuke Yasui himself). Eight trophies come crashing onto the all-new, futuristic Battlefield - and into life itself. They're the original gang from Smash 1! Right away, Mario and the rest take their all-out brawl to various stages:
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Cerulean Gym, complete with Boxing Ring-esque Smash skin
  • "Codename STEAM" area
  • New Skyworld-themed stage
  • Town & City
Suddenly, Pikachu gets supercharged out of nowhere without getting a Smash Ball and lets loose; Final Smashes gradually charge, being activated whenever you deal 200% damage or more in one go. Out of nowhere, the little mouse-mon gets stopped by a familiar flaming bird.

Not Moltres, you - Falcon PAWNCH! Cut to gameplay footage of Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Pit, Shulk, Wario, and Marth. The stages these eight play on include:
  • Lost Mangroves
  • New Mario Kart stage
  • Duck Hunt's shooting gallery
  • Mother 3 stage (Or Magicant. That works too.)
  • Tourian
Along the way, some new items and Assist Trophies, including...
  • Viridi sends a small blitz of Forces of Nature troops to pester any number of opponents, and then gets out shortly after.
  • Pidgeot whips up a literal Hurricane to blow enemies upward.
  • The Ultra Hand is a sort of grab helper, if you will. Even allows for midair grapples and instant tethers!
  • Propeller Blocks keep the holder aloft for a while.
Break the Targets and Board the Platforms seem to return. The former has character-based builds, while the latter has five universal levels from Easy to Intense. Wait, what? Something's tearing through-- THE SKY RUNNER?! JEFF Invents a Challenge!

Jeff is a sort of pseudo-tower defender. Although he and his Bottle Rockets can do some decent damage on their own, the young scientist has a gimmick revolving around his inventions. Triiiiicky!

One of the Andonuts youth's inventions gets wrecked and gummed up...with cool orange ink splotching all over his glasses and clothes. Jumping out of the ink stain is one paintball-cuttlefish kid out of infinitely many: INKLINGS Show Their True Colors! These guys act exactly like in munomario777's MYM entry.

As the main theme comes to a rockin' close, the fifth installment's nifty logo crunches together, showing off the game's full name - this being either Radical! Dairantou Smash Brothers Z or Super Smash World. I'm serious about the latter. Anyway, this will most likely be developed by...I dunno, SNK Playmore?!

Oh, right. We're gonna be spoonfed some extra teas--oh. Link is up against ol' Ganondorf. No, it's not ingame footage, just a niftywifty hand-drawn anime fight. Link seems to have won, but he realizes Ganondorf is gone. Did Link step into the wrong game? He gasps and lets out an "Awk!"

Yes. Yes, he has stepped into the wrong game--and into the path of a rampaging...animal. That's no hedgehog, that's an elephant! The pachyderm charges into Link, pops out of the elephant form and...plops into a nearby bush on 3D World.

Now we're viewing things from the stranger's point of view. First is Link fighting with Mario and Kirby. And then Pikachu summoning a Hitmonlee (I just want to get this out: the 'lee steps back in!) to kick Pit in the face. However, the stranger has little choice but to recoil from the force of both Palutena's angel and the Kicking Pokémon. She...answers by pelting both Pit and Pikachu with fire balls, and then gives chase to Link, belting Mario and Donkey Kong out of the way.

The two trade blows: Link tries to cut into the gal, who blocks the sword with a mean right hook. The stranger then follows through with a spinning upward kick, handstands, then bounds up to follow Link. Interestingly enough, she puts Link into the crushing grip of her hair, spins the wheel for the treasure to take Hylian legend round like an Olympic hammer, then dumps him back down to the arena. After that, this young lady lands, laughs cockily, and then goes into a mighty rush that would make Freddy Fazbear cry...
SHANTAE Drops a Sick Beat!
  • Draws from all of her abilities across each of her games - even some of her Pirate Gear!
  • Shantae's A-moves are rather...arcade-ish so that she isn't too easy to use. Certain maneuvers string together the most easily.
  • Her prime gimmick is her Neutral special, or Dance Mode. Directional buttons blink her into and out of her animal forms to perform certain attacks: Monkey Drive (Forward), Mermaid Bomb (Back), Elephant Crash (Down), and Harpy Upper (No points for guessing). Pressing Special again makes her use a Flash Bolt, while hitting Attack summons a Pike Ball to pester arm's-length foes.
  • Shantae's home stage is a nifty walk outside Dribble Fountain from Pirate's Curse.
  • Final Smash is some bizarre, edgy lamp-rifle that slays evil or something. Not entirely controllable, but you can fire lasers, homing missiles, and grenades.
After the music dies down, Shantae (Now back to anime mode) gives some two-finger salute to the camera as if she were Gary Oak, and says she's always Ret2-go. Cue a dull thud and a huge, white "Q4 2016" trotting across a black screen. Along the top and bottom, the insignias of every series represented in this two-part trailer slowly crawl across.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Oohhhhoho, you think Sakurai Bias was bad? YOU HAVEN'T SEEN FLAXR BIAS!

Title: Super Smash Bros. Riot

First and foremost, the game will be strictly console.

Characters:
Mario Series:
Mario (Dr. Mario is Alt but still has same properties. Project M pulled it off, no?)
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina
Bowser Jr. (with Koopaling alts.)

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi
*maybe* Kamek

Wario Series:
Wario (Wario Land overhaul)
Ashley

DK Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong (Hoo-Haa removed)

Zelda Series:
Link
Zelda
Sheik (Hyrule Warriors design)
Ganondorf (HW design)
Lana
Toon Link
Impa
Midna

Metroid Series:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Rundas

Kirby Series:
Kirby
Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandanna Dee

Star Fox Series:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Charizard
Meowth (Replaces Jigglypuff)
Poliwhirl (Because bias)
Mewtwo
Greninja
Lucario
Blaziken

Fire Emblem Series:
Anna
Marth
Lucina (Decloned overhaul)
Ike
Robin
Lyn

Kid Icarus Series:
Pit
Dark Pit (Decloned overhaul)
Palutena
Hades

Eathbound/ Mother Series:
Ness
Lucas
Kumatora

Xenoblade Chronicles Series:
Shulk
Fiora
*Reserved for notable X character*

Other Series (for those with just one character):
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
Captain Falcon (F Zero)
Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)
Olimar (Pikmin)
Duck Hunt
R.O.B.
Mr. G&W
Issac (Golden Sun)
Andy (Advance Wars)
Mike Jones (Startropics)
Inkling (Splatoon)
Henry Flemming (Code Name STEAM)
Chibi-Robo
Wonder Red
Tabuu (Super Smash Bros) {A weakened form as a result of the SSE. Out for revenge}

Third Party:
Sonic
Megaman
Pacman
Rayman
Snake
Holy crap, 75 characters... I think I might be missing a few though. Ah well.

Gameplay Adjustments (of all kinds):
- No Custom Moves. Resources went to better things.
- Limit 2 Air Dodges
- Chargeable Air Smashes (C-stick only)
- On that note, no Sideways Wiimote option.
- Toggle Stage Hazards along with Alpha (Battlefield styled) and Omega (FD styled) versions for all stages. All Stages also have 8 Player Variants.
- Stock battle is default set in VS Mode.
- "Each Stock is a different character" Mode
- Assist Trophies are now Summons (or whatever they're called in traditional Fighting Games) There is a Recharge Meter after each use, varies by character. (Pokeballs remain the same).

Game Mode:
Super All Star Adventure Mode!:
A mix of Classic and Adventure Mode from Melee. Each character has their own Mini Story as they traverse through various worlds from all kinds of Nintendo franchises. Features branching paths, able to form allies from defeated foes, Rival and Boss battles. More Giga Forms of characters and leads up to Hands/ Core battles for a Grand Finale.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ech I'll finish the rest later. What do you think so far? Scared yet?

Last edited:
Oohhhhoho, you think Sakurai Bias was bad? YOU HAVEN'T SEEN FLAXR BIAS!

Title: Super Smash Bros. Riot

First and foremost, the game will be strictly console.

Characters:
Mario Series:
Mario (Dr. Mario is Alt but still has same properties. Project M pulled it off, no?)
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina
Bowser Jr. (with Koopaling alts.)

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi
*maybe* Kamek

Wario Series:
Wario (Wario Land overhaul)
Ashley

DK Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong (Hoo-Haa removed)

Zelda Series:
Link
Zelda
Sheik (Hyrule Warriors design)
Ganondorf (HW design)
Lana
Toon Link
Impa
Midna

Metroid Series:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Rundas

Kirby Series:
Kirby
Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandanna Dee

Star Fox Series:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Charizard
Meowth (Replaces Jigglypuff)
Poliwhirl (Because bias)
Mewtwo
Greninja
Lucario
Blaziken

Fire Emblem Series:
Anna
Marth (Lucina Alt same as Dr. Mario)
Ike
Robin
Lyn

Kid Icarus Series:
Pit/ Dark Pit
Palutena
Hades

Eathbound/ Mother Series:
Ness
Lucas
Kumatora

Xenoblade Chronicles Series:
Shulk
Fiora
*Reserved for notable X character*

Other Series (for those with just one character):
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
Captain Falcon (F Zero)
Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)
Olimar (Pikmin)
Duck Hunt
R.O.B.
Mr. G&W
Issac (Golden Sun)
Andy (Advance Wars)
Mike Jones (Startropics)
Inkling (Splatoon)
Henry Flemming (Code Name STEAM)
Chibi-Robo
Tabuu (Super Smash Bros) {A weakened form as a result of the SSE. Out for revenge}

Third Party:
Sonic
Megaman
Pacman
Rayman
Snake
Holy crap, 72 characters... I think I might be missing a few though. Ah well.

Gameplay Adjustments (of all kinds):
- No Custom Moves. Resources went to better things.
- Limit 2 Air Dodges
- Chargeable Air Smashes (C-stick only)
- On that note, no Sideways Wiimote option.
- Toggle Stage Hazards along with Alpha (Battlefield styled) and Omega (FD styled) versions for all stages. All Stages also have 8 Player Variants.
- Stock battle is default set in VS Mode.
- "Each Stock is a different character" Mode
- Assist Trophies are now Summons (or whatever they're called in traditional Fighting Games) There is a Recharge Meter after each use, varies by character. (Pokeballs remain the same).

Game Mode:
Super All Star Adventure Mode!:
A mix of Classic and Adventure Mode from Melee. Each character has their own Mini Story as they traverse through various worlds from all kinds of Nintendo franchises. Features branching paths, able to form allies from defeated foes, Rival and Boss battles. More Giga Forms of characters and leads up to Hands/ Core battles for a Grand Finale.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ech I'll finish the rest later. What do you think so far? Scared yet?
Flaxr bias? You're definitely honest! I can't name one person who can develop Smash without a hint of bias. :p

Last edited:

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
Make a stage based on Nintendo's love hotels they bought into in the 60s.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Wasn't Nintendo like a playing card company for decades before they started with video games? There should be a stage about that

Smash Bros card game 2k16

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Buy Project M, make it a little bit slower, add, balance and change all of the SSB4 characters, add all of the SSB4 stages, make better online, add a bunch of alt costumes and a story mode and call it a day. Aka SSB4 Hyper Ultra Editon.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Work on making a solid, variable engine that can be tuned to play like Melee or Smash 4. Fairly skeletal roster, likely less than Melee, but with a robust character editor and stage builder (think early Brawl Modding), as well as regular DLC (returning veterans free, newcomers at small cost). Online marketplace for people to share their creations. Stages can come in Alpha (default), Beta (Battlefield), Omega (FD), and Gamma (Default without hazards/bosses)

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
Make it competetive as possible. Faster fall speeds, plenty of hitstun, wavedashing and things of that nature, and intricate combo options.

Casual people will still play it with their friends, and hardcore crowds will overanalyze it and play it 10 years from now. WIN WIN.

Also, is it too much to ask to add Toad? Who wouldnt want to play as a goddamn talking mushroom. Come on now.
That's exactly what I'm saying man. Regardless of how the game plays, the typical casual player will play the game regardless because they just like to play games. Heck I like to play all sorts of games even if they suck (playing them competitively is a different scenario).

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I will add more later but this is what I have for now:
Roster
Cut:
  • Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit: They are the unnecessary clones and development time went into bringing back previously cut characters instead of bringing back the clones.
  • Toon Link: There isn't a good reason to have him around. He is just a different playstyle as Link, and Impa and Ghirahim have unique movesets.
  • Zero Suit Samus: I don't think she is as interesting as Dark Samus and I didn't want too many Metroid characters. Her specials are part of Samus' custom moves now.
  • Lucario: Lucario was more of a personal choice, and while his unique moveset will be missed I personally would not like to see him back (The curse of the mains - I hate my main if it gets into the next game).
  • Snake, Pokemon Trainer & Pokemon, Pichu, Roy, and Young Link: They will stay dead. I was torn on Roy, but I put in Anna instead for variety.
Un-Cut
  • Wolf: A fan favorite character that shouldn't have been cut in the first place.
  • Mewtwo: Now included without the need to download! Is there ever a hypothetical Smash game without him?
  • Lucas: Because Mother is a wonderful series and Lucas had enough unique about him and popularity to return. His moveset is reinvented, however.
  • Ice Climbers: They never should have left.
Online Multiplayer
  • You are matched with opponents based on your win rate (so that I can win at least a few online matches).
  • There is 8-player Online "For Fun" and "For Glory"

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I really think it would be a good idea to add a "battlefield" version of the stages... Since it is the most balanced of them... Or so I think

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, I have plenty of ideas. Let's get started.
(note: post is WIP)
The name of the installment would be:
Super Smash Bros. Strife!
[However, the game would be revealed with the tentative title Super Smash Bros. 6 during it's first announcement.

The First Trailer:
The first trailer would be shown at E3, and it'll start with Mario's trophy falling onto the ground and being revived like the SSE. His model starts out as the SSB4 style and then slowly transforms into the new model for the game. Then, Link, Kirby and Pikachu appear and they all start to fight. Then, more characters get revealed one by one, showing gameplay of each. The trailer ends with Mario using a Final Smash, and then the title of the game is shown. (Super Smash Bros. 6 at this point in development.)
The characters revealed in this trailer are:
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Fox
Samus
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Darunia (Zelda)
Inkling (Splatoon)

However, another trailer would soon play right after it. While all of the revealed characters would be duking it out, the camera would zoom in on a shadowy figure in the distance. The figure jumps into the scene and interrupts everyone else fighting, as the figure is revealed to be Rayman! Gameplay of Rayman is shown, and then the trailer ends.

The Roster
(Newcomers in bold.)
Starting Characters
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Captain Toad
Wario
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Darunia
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
Pikachu
Charizard
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Greninja
Marth
Ike
Robin
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Falco
Pit
Palutena
Villager
Ice Climbers
Olimar
Inkling
Wii Fit Trainer
Isaac
Sonic
Mii Brawler
Mii Gunner
Mii Swordfighter

Unlockables
Luigi
Bowser Jr.
Dr. Mario
Toon Link
Shiek
Impa
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Garchomp
Dark Samus

Wolf
Shulk
Ness
Lucas
Captain Falcon
Little Mac
R.O.B.
Duck Hunt
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Rayman
Plok
Bomberman

Stages
Unlockables in italics.
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
3D World
Starship Mario
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
Peach's Castle (Melee)
Mushroom Kingdom (64)
Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
Yoshi's Story (64)
Woolly World (SSB4)
Mangrove Cove
Jungle Hijinx (SSB4)
Kongo Jungle (Melee)
Hyrule Field
Termina Field
Hyrule Castle (64)
Skyloft (SSB4)
Great Bay (Melee)
Green Valley
Halberd (Brawl)
Fountain of Dreams (Melee)

Pokemon Colosseum
Unova Pokemon League (SSB4)
Poke Floats (Melee)

Arena Ferox (SSB4)
Coliseum (SSB4)
Zebes
Pyrosphere (SSB4)
Venom (Melee)
Sector Z (64)
Palutena's Temple
Reset Bomb Forest (SSB4)
Main Street
Smashville (Brawl)
Valley of Repose
Bionis
Icicle Mountain II
Tetris
Flipnote Studio
Duck Hunt
Boxing Ring
Dr. Mario
Parachute
Greenhouse

Mushroom Hill
Pac-Maze DX
Guts Man's Stage
Cotton Island
Jibberish Jungle
Bomb Arena

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Quite simple for me really.
Take the current roster (+ Mewtwo) and "Luigify" the clones as well as change Ganondorf, Toon Link and Falco a bit so they're more unique.
Following additions to the roster:
Ridley
Dark Samus
K Rool
Dixie
Impa (HW)
Kamui
Tiki
Krystal
Wolf returns
Snake returns (with codecs for every character)
Lucas returns
Ice Climbers return
Lincoln
Inkling
Rayman
Sceptile
Cross
Seven
Metal Face
Porky
Wonder Red

Miis gain a Mage class
More skins and alts for characters (Lucina gains Chrom alts. Morgan is Robin's final smash as a result. Roy has 8 skins for Marth with the added fire effect and the sweet spot being the hilt like in Melee etc.)
DHD and Jigglypuff are bottom tier

Better RNG
More unlocks (Most of the above? Unlockables for the surprise factor that Melee had with Marth and Mewtwo)
Less spoilers in trophies (lookin' at those Face Mechon trophies)
Better event matches
Trash Tour is gone in favour of adventure mode
Smash Run is now customisable to a degree
Classic is back to the way it was. Roulette before each battle stays however with the occasional deviating paths.
The "Boss hazard" gimmick is gone
More tourney legal stages. Speaking of which:

New stages include:
Phendrana Drifts (Metroid Prime)
Noctilucent Forest (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Sword Valley (Xenoblade chronicles) - Unlocks with Metal Face
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)
Space pirate Homeworld (Metroid Prime 3) - Unlocks with Dark Samus
Sky Pillar (Pokemon R/S/E/OR/AS)
Drago Plateau (Mother 3)
Outer Heaven (MGS4)
Underworld (Kid Icarus)
Buckingham Palace (STEAM)
Sauria (Star Fox)
Blossom City (Wonderful 101) - Unlocks with Red
Plus several more from the likes of the new Zelda, Star Fox, Splatoon etc.

Also Alpha stages are a thing which make Battlefield variations for all stages alongside the returning Omega variants

Initial trailer shows original 8 plus Bowser, Peach, Pit, Marth, Mega Man, Sonic, WFT and Villager. Returnees/Newcomers shown are Snake, Ridley and K Rool alongside a few of the new stages and one of the 10 returning stages.

After that there is a lot of silence. No trailers until the Smash Direct when more is revealed such as the reworked characters and alts and about 4 or 5 of the characters listed above (Tiki, Krystal, Lucas, Lincoln and Cross).

Yes I am very bias towards Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well well. Lets start with main things first:
  • Overall physics and gameplay: basically Melee, with more forgiving AT imput time (no 2-frame super wave dash bulls**t and yes, that AT actually exists and can be done only within 1-2 frames, but its exclusive to Samus only), ledge invincibility limited to 3 ledge grabs within 10 seconds. Before anyone says something about that - the only AT i know is L-Cancelling, but i don't use it at all. I just think its better than any other (official) game's physics and overall gameplay.
  • Art style: bright and overall cartoonish colors.
  • Main color for menus, backgrounds and stuff like that: purple and white.
Now for more...er...speciffic stuff:
  • Characters:
    • Newcommers
      • Ridley:
High aerial mobility (slightly higher than Jigglypuff's), middle weight, largest character next to Bowser (even when hunched over as usual, noticably larger than Samus), low ground speed (slower than Mario's), low falling speed, fast and yet powerful aerial attacks (with both UAir and FAir allowing him to perform vertical and horizontal Wall of Pain), high (around Ganondorf's) attack power on the ground at the cost of either long start up or end lag, exagerrated tipper mechanic on tail (tail blade deals high knockback, but everything else is very weak), no hurtboxes on tail and wings (except for their base, where they are still thick enough to matter), unique flight mode mechanic that allows him to fly around freely for 8 seconds that requires to be recharged after time is up (can be done only on the ground, goes automatically). Design used - mix between classic Ridley and Other M Ridley (Other M Ridley's neck, head except for the beak, claws, tail blade and torso, classic Ridley's teeth, beak, eyebrow spikes, limbs, feet, tail base, wings and spikes on his back and tail). Roars - mix between Metroid Prime and Other M roars. No lines, just roars. Home stage - Ridley's Lair/Lower Norfair (Super Metroid). Moveset uses attacks from his boss battles, like Pogo Tail, "Varia Ridley" (that purple aura from Other M and name taken from that game's files, so, its accurate), fireballs from pretty much every game, firebreath and claw swipes from Other M, ground stomp from Metroid Prime and Other M, command grab from Other M, weird spinning tail attack from Super Metroid, Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion, etc. Final Smash: charges up a long-ranged (but range is not infinite - just slightly smaller than FD's platform) and very poweful stream of fire that KOes at 0% unless stage is above average (FD size). Taken from Other M Ridley's rare long-ranged firebreath attack and Metroid Queen's instant-kill firebreath it uses if Samus doesn't uses grapple beam to climb into its mouth. Not Meta Ridley because that would require severe damage to his body to make sense and we all know how useless Pit's Final Smash is unless stage is small, so, no Space Pirate raid either.
      • King K.Rool:
Low aerial mobility, very high weight (next to Bowser's), very large (larger than Ganondorf, Dedede and DK, but smaller than Ridley and Bowser), average ground speed, above average falling speed, very strong attacks with mediocre range and high end lag/start up. Design used - DKC1's design, with tail, eyes that glow in the dark (more like they are not affected by lack of light than glowing like a lamp), golden gut and bloodshot eye. Sounds used are mix of his original grunts and heavely edited crocodile roars (so much you won't even think of that animal and more of a very large cartoonish crocodile). Home stage: Gangplank Galleon. Moveset taken from all games he appeared in with some extra bulls**t with his Blunderbuss near DDD Hammer's level. Animations style is somewhere between Dedede and Wario. Final Smash: gets up on The Flying Krock or whatever that thing was called and basically goes like manually controlled bombs hazard from The Pirate Ship stage (or just Super Smash Flash 2 Donkey Kong's Final Smash, but with canonballs just going into the foreground and below like they do in the DKC fight), except with large cannonballs. Couldn't think of anything else honestly.
      • Isaac:
...I've got nuthin' on this one. He is just well requested, so, ya' know.
    • Veterans: pretty much everyone except for Dr.Mario (reduced to Project M kind of alt while his Down B is put back on Mario), Dark Pit (reduced to a recolor), Lucina (reduced to alt) and with few returning characters like Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Squirtle, Roy (luigified first) Ivysaur and Mewtwo (by default, not DLC). I would also personally want to cut ZSS for being here for no reason, but that wouldn't be well received, even if not on IC's level.
  • Stages:
    • Mushroom Kingdom (Super Mario Bros., no camera scrolling this time)
    • Bowser's Castle (P.S.: why is it still not in SSB?)
    • Ganon's Tower (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
    • Clock Town (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
    • Ridley's Lair/Lower Norfair (Super Metroid)
    • Tallon IV Overworld (Metroid Prime)
    • Castle Dedede (Kirby...was this area called so?)
    • Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)
    • Brable Scramble (Donkey Kong Country 2)
    • ...can't think of anything from Pokemon since i never touched any of the games in the franchise
    • Every stage cut from any of the games. Yeah.
  • Other:
    • Major rebalancing of characters that need it, like Samus (major buffs to make her superiour than ZSS as it should be), Bowser (turn him into a tank, with super armor and everything), Ganondorf (major overhaul similar to what happened in Project M, with projectile coming out if B button is held or just cape that reflects projectiles if its just pressed instead of that useless Warlock Punch, major buff in speed and nerf in power of UTilt so it can actually be used, float similar to Mewtwo's PM float, etc), Mewtwo (basically Project M 3.5's Mewtwo), Diddy Kong (HOO HAA), etc.
    • All items cut from previous games + removal of broken items like that wind gust thing.
    • Instead of just changing few minor attributes like slow, but powerful or fast, but weak, they change a lot more. For example, Mario's Fireball instead of burning freezes, Bowser's Flying Slam becomes Koopa Klaw, Ganondorf's Neutral B instead pulls out a sword and he performs a powerful sword strike that can be charged, Samus' Power Beam turns into a paralyzing shot that goes through stage or anything that isn't her opponent, K.Rool's Neutral B (Blunderbuss Canonball shot) shoots out a gas cloud with random status like freezing or paralyzing, etc.
    • Stage Hazard switch.
    • Project M's All-Start mode.
    • 999HP limit on stamina mode and no blast zones switch for it.
    • Alpha mode for stages, which take Battlefield's shape.
    • Trophy descriptions that care more for the character/object than his/her/its role in the game (no more "Hey, its Ridley. SPEAKING OF THAT STAGE HAZARD, lookie what i've got!" bulls**t) so it would be possible to at least know basic stuff about them.
    • Melee's Adventure Mode + Smash Run + more classic enemies + classic bosses (from Petey Piranha and Gohma to Mother Brain and OoT Beast Ganon) as accurate to the source as possible - Multiplayer part of Smash Run - Time Limit = REAL Adventure Mode.
    • Completly random classic mode (still with things like Giant X, Team X, etc, in the order they should go) that doesn't lowers the difficulty).
    • Melee's Target Smash.
    • Alts for most of characters, like Dry Bowser for Bowser, OoT Ganondorf for Ganondorf, OoT Link for Link, Meta Ridley for Ridley, few suits like Light Suit and Fusion Suit for Samus, Armored Mewtwo for Mewtwo, classic Sonic for Sonic (no more green eyes!), Fire Flower Peach for Peach, etc.
    • Board the Platforms.
    • Replays for more than 3 minutes.
    • FOR ONE CONSOLE ONLY.
    • Few events based off things like Link and Ganondorf
    • Balancing and bug fixing patches until at least most of the stuff is fixed.
    • NO. F***ING. SMASH TOUR. Waste of time and space. Return it back to TḨ҉Ȩ̧̧̧̧̧̧̧̧̧͠ ҉̀҉ V҉҉ ҉O͠҉I̧̧҉҉ D҉҉ please.
  • Music:
    • ...Just make sure there is no "4 remixes of the same song, W00t!" bulls**t.
Thats all i could think of right now. Thank you and goodnight!

Last edited:

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
Oh boy, I may as well pitch my own Smash game.

First off this is my pitch for the next-gen Smash Bros. game, and for development time purposes I would schedule it for a release at the end of the console's lifespan.

Now before I can go into the roster, I need to outline one of the game's new features, multiple fighting styles. This would replace custom movesets, with the idea being that each character would have three completely unique movesets rather than three variations on each special move. Equipment would still be part of the game, and there would even be special equipment that would be obtained through challenges, but can't be sold. This equipment would be specific to one character, and each character would have one of these each.

Now for the roster, I'll also name the additional fighting styles.
Mario: Default style would be how he is now but with the Mario Tornado as his Down B. FLUDD style would be based entirely around the different FLUDD nozzles used in Mario and would be very reliant on the B moves. The third style would be Cat Mario style, as I think that Cat Mario would make for an interesting moveset.

Luigi: Default would be same as Smash 4's. Poltergust style would be a no-brainer, and for his third style I would suggest a style based around the Mario Party games, for example, he would throw a dice block that does anything from 1-10% damage.

Peach: Default style wouldn't have many changes from Smash 4, another fighting style would be based on the Mario sports games and the final style would be based on a power up that she has used.

Bowser: Default style aside, his fighting styles would be based on Meowser and possibly Dry Bowser. Meowser would incorporate some of the moves that Cat Mario uses, except adapted for Bowser. As for Dry Bowser, I got nothing.

Yoshi would probably be nerfed a bit, and his other styles would be a Woolly World style using whatever he has in that game, and his other style would be a playable Birdo. Reason being that I can't think of a third style for Yoshi, and I can't think of two additional fighting styles for Birdo.

I don't feel quite like writing the rest now, so I'll probably pick this up later.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
I am horribly out of the loop for upcoming games so I'll be lacking on that front.

Step 1: Bring back every character who got cut aside from Pichu and Young Link (Mainly because people don't seem so bothered by Toon Link being the replacement of sorts)
Step 2: Give Lucina the Alph Treatment and do the same for Roy with his alt being Chrom. (I would honestly be fine if Chrom was the main and Roy was the Alt) As for Dark Pit seems like he could be made more obviously different than Pit. It feels like having Fox and Fox instead of Fox and Falco but if it isn't possible he'd become just another alternate.
Step 3: Add King K. Rool, Samurai Goroh, Issac, Ridley, Takamaru, Saki, Impa and Tingle as characters. It is a rather small list but only a year before it needs to be done.
Step 4: Rework customs into more distinct different attacks. A good example would be Mario having to choose between FLUUD and Tornado. (Would also make Dr. Mario as an alt more feasible.)
Step 5: Give Wario more Wario Land inspired moves akin to Project M.
Step 6: Rework the fundamental concept of Omega stages. Omega Stages as a whole would be designed to be the competitive version of the stage.
Step 7: Bring back many more old stages to the game.
Step 8: Massive reworking of For Glory which would implement a vague form of stage preference throughout a set but no guaranteed strikes.
Step 9: Have two sets of Balance Configurations one as the Default mechanics of every character upon launch. The second which is used in For Glory and intended for tournaments would be for competitive play.
Step 10: Balance patches would be on an intentionally slow schedule just to allow the game to actually develop. Only in rare cases would one be rushed out. (Aka someone has consistent 0-deaths and the like)
Step 11: Rework Air dodges. If the button is pressed without any direction then you'd just do a airdodge like in Brawl/Smash 4. However if you press and hold a direction as you do the dodge you'd do the Melee Airdodge complete with it's putting you into helpless.
Step 12: Intentionally design the game so that some old AT's from melee would be performable. While ignoring things like L-Canceling because I can't understand why people think that is even needed.

I could think of more stuff and go into details but i'll save that for later if I ever dig this up again.

Troykv

Smash Master

I like those ideas

I have a few ideas regarding this (I will explain my choices):

Roster:
Veterans: All characters that appeared in a previous game would appear in this game. Characters should not be cut once they are included because every character has supporters (with the possible exclusion of 3rd party characters if another company does not want to let Nintendo use the rights to its character).
I've come to think of all the removed characters, who alone was not removed because of time was Pichu (Joke character)

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
Cut all characters but Fox and Falco. Make the game play like Melee. Only have 5 playable stages (FD, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshis Story, Smashville) and have a built in function in the game to make it explode if a Nobody shines for 5 seconds.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
return lucas, wolf, roy, ice climbres, snake (try to at least), squirtle and ivysaur

implement K K Rool, Funky Kong, Krystal, Dark Samus, Ridley, Waluigi, Daisy, Midna, Majoras Skull Kid, Girahim, Knuckle Joe, Galacta Knight, Bomberman, Rayman and Black Shadow (maybe even shadow the hedgehog)... imagine even tabuu from brawl made into a playable balanced character, its kinda viable... demise groose zant zora link goron link deku link would be great, but thats just too much representation for one franchise, even as big as zelda

make ganondorf more like melee/OOT than the stubborn non-intimidating old man

Make a story mode like SSE

Make gaining repeated custom moves/parts/rewards impossible

set a goal of 3 DLC characters on year of release based on popular opinion, then 2 the next year and then 1 per year at a small cost (like 4 bucks a character, or you can prepay 10 bucks for 3)

Implement a similar button to omega in stages... hazards off... says it all, stage cant harm you/affect your travel via wind/etc

return: dreamland 64, melee yoshi story, brawl yoshi story, fountain of dreams, poke stadium 1 and keep all the current neutral and counterpick stages (keep some of the others, implement many more new ones)

make remakes of popular stages

Stages DLC, Stage builder pieces DLC

Balancing patches every time a DLC character is released

implement some mechanics: you can only airdodge once, like in melee, but it wont put you in free fall... also, return L cancel, but it doesnt cancel the whole lag, instead it halves it

Support competitive and attractive gameplay: more lag/endlag on shield dodges, rolls... more hitstun... more gravity... imagine something kinda in between melee and sm4sh

online ladder/ranking system and evenprized tournaments (win a monthly worldwide ladder and get gifted DLC content for example instead of paying for it)

make pokeball item not so whorish, right now its like legendaries only and no normal mons... i would also remove a lot of the most dull current mons and return beedrill or unknown for example

I would not remove clones from the game, i actually like them, specially when they are so different (fox and falco of melee for example)... i would tweak very similar clones like lucina and dark pit a bit more though

lastly but not least, i would definitely fix many characters that have lost their original personalities but in a balanced way... for example, fox would get shine spike back, falco would get his old lagless air lasers, marth would have longer range and less lag but a bit less power on non tippers

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well first, I need to announce that it'll be for a new console that may not be out yet. That way I can bring up hype for both Smash and said console.
Next, I would make a poll asking the fans who they would want in Smash. Of course, the highest characters get higher priority... to be cut. Instead, we'll surprise them by using the lowest rated characters. That way we can technically give the fans what they want, and still have some surprises down the road.
Finally, include tripping. Tripping, for those who don't know, was a widely acclaimed techniques brought to us by the mastermind himself Masahiro Sakurai. In homage to his wondrous works, we've been tasked with not only bringing it back, but also give it a higher chance of appearing. So that hilarity will in fact ensue.
We hope you enjoy our upcoming title.
Super Smash Bros 5: The Search For More Money, will be released in February 2016.

ImReallyFeelingIt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sailings
  • Remove :4falcon: and replace him with President Obama
  • Beginning Characters are only :4mario: and :4luigi:. You unlock 1 character after 1000 matches.
  • :4sonic: and :4ness:'s backthrows instant kill.
  • :4metaknight: gets back his SSBB strength.
  • :4alph:, Brittney, and Charlie get their own spots. Louie and Mr. President as DLC.
  • :4peach: fair now instant kills.
  • :4robinm: is replaced for Chrom who is exactly like Ike.
  • :4shulk: removed because no one likes him.
  • :4charizard: replaced with Squirtle.
  • :4darkpit:'s Side B attack kills at 605% now. :4pit:'s at 5%
List of things I'd change. Not all, but it's enough.

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
Dash momentum is carried over to your jump.
Spotdodges are laggier, Airdodges can only be used once(but you don't go into helpless)
More throws have actual followups. Seriously, why do some throws launch so far but can't kill?!?!?
Nerf to ShieldStun and Shield Recharge Rate
Dash dancing is actually viable.
AERIALS AREN'T AS LAGGY, PLSSSSS

Those are the general mechanic changes I would loooove.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Oh goody, a "create your own Smash game" type thread. This will be fun! Here's some ideas that I would throw in to make an ideal Smash Bros. I'm going to use spoiler tags so this post isn't too long.

Advanced Techniques and other Mechanics:

I'd like to imagine the next game taking somewhat of a Project M approach when it comes to ATs. It wouldn't necessarily be Melee 2.0 or Brawl 2.0, but it would incorporate aspects from past games while adding unique features to make it's gameplay different from past iterations. Advanced techniques in Sma5h would be easier to pull off than in past installments, but at the same time, must be mastered in order to be used more effectively.

- Shields are still pretty strong, but now take longer to recharge. This would prevent players from utilizing it too much and put more emphasis on shield pressure.

- You can only airdodge once in the air, but you can act out of it (kudos to Rivals of Aether: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhijU4rbMfw). Also like in Rivals of Aether, you can airdodge off the ground without consuming it.

- Wavedashing is now possible, but it's not as effective as it was in Melee. It's still very useful though.

- Vectoring replaces DI (Wario mains rejoice)

- Sma5h would lean toward a more offensive game than Smash 4, but whether games would be more or less defensive would still depend on what character is being played. Characters like Fox, Diddy Kong, and Captain Falcon would play more offensively whereas characters like Rosalina and Olimar would play more defensively.

- There is no l-canceling, but overall lag has been cut down by half.

- All characters start out with their first set of custom moves, but their second set must be unlocked. This can be done by beating Classic Mode or All-Star Mode. Second sets can also be bought using the in-game coins if players don't want to grind through Classic or All-Star Mode. Mii Fighters would be exempt from this. Equipment on the other hand, is still unlocked just like in Smash 4 due to their random stats, but now can be combined to make better equipment like in KI:U.

- DACUS would be possible to perform.

- You cannot chain grab.

- Perfect Pivoting would be easier to perform.

- Hit-stun would be in between that of Melee and Brawl. Long strings would be possible but on the same token they would still require some reading to truly master them.

- I have this idea where it would be possible for characters to have air grabs. Unlike regular grabs, they would be more difficult to pull off, deal less damage and knockback, and would require faster reflexes as opponents can get out of them much easier than ground grabs regardless of what damage they're at. As with airdodges, they can only be used once. Missed air grabs WILL cause the player to go into their helpless state rather than allow players to act out of them, making edgeguarding and recovery games much more riskier if players decide to use them. It would be a high risk-high reward thing.

Very Experimental Idea:

- Instead of a Smash Ball, every character would have a power bar, in a manner similar to fighting games like MvC and Street Fighter. Think of it like Little Mac's K.O. meter, but instead of KOing opponents in one hit, it instead serves as a way to rack up damage so players can set up their kill moves. Also unlike the K.O. meter, it only increases with every hit you make, draining slowly over time and draining faster every time you are hit. The power bar can only be used once it's full, and will remain full until the player presses B. If it connects, the character will pull off a series of attacks with no knockback like in a traditional fighting game. Like the K.O. punch though, it's VERY situational. This feature would probably be more suitable for a game similar to Brawl where combo strings are rare, so this would be one of the last things I'd think about including in a game like this.

Roster:

- In an ideal world, I'd pull a Mortal Kombat Armageddon and have a roster that includes every playable character that has ever appeared in a Smash game, and then around 8 - 13 newcomers. But otherwise, it would probably be between 52 - 60 characters with cuts made to the roster, or worse be between the size of Brawl and Smash 4's roster. Also, at least a third of the roster would have to be unlocked through various means.

- I can imagine that newcomers would include characters that are 1) from more recent installments since Smash 4's release like Splatoon, S.T.E.A.M., and XCX. 2) Characters that have been highly requested, but have yet to be included such as Ridley, K. Rool, and Isaac. 3) At least one or two characters that will make people go "WTF?!?!?" and "Wow, didn't see that coming."

- Characters like Lucina and Dark Pit would either be made into alts of their original counterparts or have their movesets tweaked to make them more unique. Like for Lucina, I'd base her moveset off of her PSA mod from Brawl/Project M, but tweak it to make it more balanced to the rest of the cast. And Dark Pit would have a moveset that would utilize the other weapons that he either used in KI:U or weren't used in Pit's Smash 4 moveset. These weapons can just be used for his specials or be incorporated into the rest of his moveset.

My List of Potential Newcomers:

Ridley
K. Rool or Dixie Kong
-Insert Fire Emblem character-
-Insert Xenoblade character-
-Insert Pokemon character-
Inkling
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Ghirahim or Impa
Wonder Red
-Insert Mario character- (Say what you want, but we're probably going to get another character regardless of representation)
Hades
-Insert third party character-
-Insert character from an old Nintendo game-

Note that any of these characters could be introduced as DLC after release.

Game Modes:

Classic Mode:
- Classic Mode will resemble that of Smash 3DS's classic mode, but would be extended up to 12 rounds like with past iterations. Like 3DS Classic Mode, there are easy, normal, and hard paths that you can take, all of which give you better rewards depending on the path you take.

- Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, and Race to the Finish are incorporated into Classic Mode.

- Difficulty is still determined by the intensity system in Sm4sh. The higher the difficulty, the better the rewards. Also, rather than adjusting the amount of stocks in the CSS or starting out with two stocks each time, the amount of stocks will instead be determined by difficulty:

- Intensity 1.0 - 3.9 = 4 stocks
- Intensity 4.0 - 6.9 = 3 stocks
- Intensity 7.0 - 9.0 = 2 stocks

- Who you fight at the end of Classic Mode is largely determined by what path you stayed on throughout your adventure. Here's how it goes:

- Easy path = Master Hand
- Normal path = Master Hand and Crazy Hand
- Hard path = Tabuu

However, if the player plays Classic Mode on Intensity 8.0 or higher, Tabuu will be replaced with Master Core instead. Master Fortress is still fought at the highest intensity, just like in Sm4sh Wii U. The difficulty also determines how Master Hand and Crazy Hand's AI will behave in the final battle, with more powerful attacks being used in higher settings.

- Beating Classic Mode at the highest intensity will reward you with two trophies: One for your character, and an alternate trophy of the same character. Boss trophies would also be unlocked if you beat them for the first time at any setting.

Smash Run:

- Smash Run would return from the 3DS version of Sm4sh. Only this time around, you can play on three different maps in a manner similar to Smash Tour.

Map 1: The original Smash Run map
Map 2: Subspace
Map 3: A ruined urban environment comprised of overgrown vegetation, flooded areas, and desert.

Each map has different hazards, gimmicks, and enemies, but are around the same size for the most part, though Map 3 would be considered the largest.

- This time around, players can interact directly with one another. They can either help each other out, or hinder each other's progress.

- Sma5h Run can be played online.

- As with the original, different events will occur throughout the game, and doors will be present that will offer rewards.

- Each game can be adjusted at five minute intervals, with 20 minutes being the highest setting possible.

- After time runs out, players can pick from three randomized battles/game types. They have 10 seconds to make a decision, otherwise their choice is picked by random.

- Up to six players/CPUs can play Smash Run at the same time. Characters and the amount of slots can be selected via the CSS this time around.

Tower of Smash

- This would replace the Event Match mode.

- Much like how it was presented from the rumors. There are 100 levels with different events; one for each level. Every 10th level is a boss stage.

- Players must choose 5 different characters. If a character is lost, they cannot be played again for the remainder of the game. Losing all of your characters ends the game. Players can restart from where they lost at the expense of some of the items they won prior to losing.

- Progress is automatically saved each time you beat a level.

Misc. Modes:

All Star Mode
- Same as Sm4sh

Master and Crazy Orders
- Same as Sm4sh Wii U

8-Player Smash
- Players can now play Stamina matches

Special Smash

All Star Versus
- Like in Project M 3.5, all lives are different characters.

Stamina
- Players wrap around blast zones like in Project M 3.5.
- Also from Project M 3.5, stamina matches can have stocks.

Stadium Modes:
- Multi-Man Smash
- Home Run Contest
- Break the Targets/Target Smash
- Board the Platforms

- All of these modes can be played online with friends.

Challenges
- Same as Sm4sh Wii U

Stages:

- In addition to Omega stages, there are now Alpha stages as well. Alpha stages resemble Battlefield instead of Final Destination.

- Hazards can be turned off in game settings. This doesn't stop scrolling stages.

Online Mode:

The following single player modes can be played online:
- Stadium
- Smash Run
- All Star Mode

With Friends
- Same as Sm4sh

With Anyone

For Fun
- Team Smash
- Smash
- 1 on 1
- All stages are viable in For Fun.
- Alpha and Omega stages are turned off.
- Items are turned on.

For Glory
- Smash
- Team Smash
- 1 on 1
- Large stages are unavailable.
- All viable stages have hazards turned off.
- Alpha and Omega stages are viable.
- Items are turned off.
- Records can be viewed in For Glory mode

Misc.
- The player's connection is shown on their character portrait. This helps players determine if other players will cause lag during matches.
- Spectator and Conquest Modes are in.
- Customs can be turned on or off.
- Movesets with equipment cannot be used online unless players play with their friends.
- Matchmaking sorts players by skill level, and whether they have customs turned on or off.
- All For Glory matches are 3 Stocks, 8 Minutes

And these are what would make Sma5h an ideal game IMO.

Last edited:

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
- Give the game brawl physics.

- Bring tripping back

- Meta Knight is OP again

-Tease K Rool and Ridley but the reveal both as stage hazards

- Add Goku

- Add 10 3rd party and 10 anime characters

- Tell world Smash is not a real fighter

- Remove for glory and all Omega stages

- Items are mandatory

- Make Melee illegal to play

- Shutdown project M

- Ganondorf now holds sword in hand but still is falcon clone

- Release on friday the 13

- Watch world burn

- Laugh as I have just ruined a beloved franchise

- Return to Sony victories

-Playstation all stars now reigns supreme

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Oh goody, a "create your own Smash game" type thread. This will be fun! Here's some ideas that I would throw in to make an ideal Smash Bros. I'm going to use spoiler tags so this post isn't too long.

Advanced Techniques and other Mechanics:

I'd like to imagine the next game taking somewhat of a Project M approach when it comes to ATs. It wouldn't necessarily be Melee 2.0 or Brawl 2.0, but it would incorporate aspects from past games while adding unique features to make it's gameplay different from past iterations. Advanced techniques in Sma5h would be easier to pull off than in past installments, but at the same time, must be mastered in order to be used more effectively.

- Shields are still pretty strong, but now take longer to recharge. This would prevent players from utilizing it too much and put more emphasis on shield pressure.

- You can only airdodge once in the air, but you can act out of it (kudos to Rivals of Aether: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhijU4rbMfw). Also like in Rivals of Aether, you can airdodge off the ground without consuming it.

- Wavedashing is now possible, but it's not as effective as it was in Melee. It's still very useful though.

- Vectoring replaces DI (Wario mains rejoice)

- Sma5h would lean toward a more offensive game than Smash 4, but whether games would be more or less defensive would still depend on what character is being played. Characters like Fox, Diddy Kong, and Captain Falcon would play more offensively whereas characters like Rosalina and Olimar would play more defensively.

- There is no l-canceling, but overall lag has been cut down by half.

- All characters start out with their first set of custom moves, but their second set must be unlocked. This can be done by beating Classic Mode or All-Star Mode. Second sets can also be bought using the in-game coins if players don't want to grind through Classic or All-Star Mode. Mii Fighters would be exempt from this. Equipment on the other hand, is still unlocked just like in Smash 4 due to their random stats, but now can be combined to make better equipment like in KI:U.

- DACUS would be possible to perform.

- You cannot chain grab.

- Perfect Pivoting would be easier to perform.

- Hit-stun would be in between that of Melee and Brawl. Long strings would be possible but on the same token they would still require some reading to truly master them.

- I have this idea where it would be possible for characters to have air grabs. Unlike regular grabs, they would be more difficult to pull off, deal less damage and knockback, and would require faster reflexes as opponents can get out of them much easier than ground grabs regardless of what damage they're at. As with airdodges, they can only be used once. Missed air grabs WILL cause the player to go into their helpless state rather than allow players to act out of them, making edgeguarding and recovery games much more riskier if players decide to use them. It would be a high risk-high reward thing.

Very Experimental Idea:

- Instead of a Smash Ball, every character would have a power bar, in a manner similar to fighting games like MvC and Street Fighter. Think of it like Little Mac's K.O. meter, but instead of KOing opponents in one hit, it instead serves as a way to rack up damage so players can set up their kill moves. Also unlike the K.O. meter, it only increases with every hit you make, draining slowly over time and draining faster every time you are hit. The power bar can only be used once it's full, and will remain full until the player presses B. If it connects, the character will pull off a series of attacks with no knockback like in a traditional fighting game. Like the K.O. punch though, it's VERY situational. This feature would probably be more suitable for a game similar to Brawl where combo strings are rare, so this would be one of the last things I'd think about including in a game like this.

Roster:

- In an ideal world, I'd pull a Mortal Kombat Armageddon and have a roster that includes every playable character that has ever appeared in a Smash game, and then around 8 - 13 newcomers. But otherwise, it would probably be between 52 - 60 characters with cuts made to the roster, or worse be between the size of Brawl and Smash 4's roster. Also, at least a third of the roster would have to be unlocked through various means.

- I can imagine that newcomers would include characters that are 1) from more recent installments since Smash 4's release like Splatoon, S.T.E.A.M., and XCX. 2) Characters that have been highly requested, but have yet to be included such as Ridley, K. Rool, and Isaac. 3) At least one or two characters that will make people go "WTF?!?!?" and "Wow, didn't see that coming."

- Characters like Lucina and Dark Pit would either be made into alts of their original counterparts or have their movesets tweaked to make them more unique. Like for Lucina, I'd base her moveset off of her PSA mod from Brawl/Project M, but tweak it to make it more balanced to the rest of the cast. And Dark Pit would have a moveset that would utilize the other weapons that he either used in KI:U or weren't used in Pit's Smash 4 moveset. These weapons can just be used for his specials or be incorporated into the rest of his moveset.

My List of Potential Newcomers:

Ridley
K. Rool or Dixie Kong
-Insert Fire Emblem character-
-Insert Xenoblade character-
-Insert Pokemon character-
Inkling
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Ghirahim or Impa
Wonder Red
-Insert Mario character- (Say what you want, but we're probably going to get another character regardless of representation)
Hades
-Insert third party character-
-Insert character from an old Nintendo game-

Note that any of these characters could be introduced as DLC after release.

Game Modes:

Classic Mode:
- Classic Mode will resemble that of Smash 3DS's classic mode, but would be extended up to 12 rounds like with past iterations. Like 3DS Classic Mode, there are easy, normal, and hard paths that you can take, all of which give you better rewards depending on the path you take.

- Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, and Race to the Finish are incorporated into Classic Mode.

- Difficulty is still determined by the intensity system in Sm4sh. The higher the difficulty, the better the rewards. Also, rather than adjusting the amount of stocks in the CSS or starting out with two stocks each time, the amount of stocks will instead be determined by difficulty:

- Intensity 1.0 - 3.9 = 4 stocks
- Intensity 4.0 - 6.9 = 3 stocks
- Intensity 7.0 - 9.0 = 2 stocks

- Who you fight at the end of Classic Mode is largely determined by what path you stayed on throughout your adventure. Here's how it goes:

- Easy path = Master Hand
- Normal path = Master Hand and Crazy Hand
- Hard path = Tabuu

However, if the player plays Classic Mode on Intensity 8.0 or higher, Tabuu will be replaced with Master Core instead. Master Fortress is still fought at the highest intensity, just like in Sm4sh Wii U. The difficulty also determines how Master Hand and Crazy Hand's AI will behave in the final battle, with more powerful attacks being used in higher settings.

- Beating Classic Mode at the highest intensity will reward you with two trophies: One for your character, and an alternate trophy of the same character. Boss trophies would also be unlocked if you beat them for the first time at any setting.

Smash Run:

- Smash Run would return from the 3DS version of Sm4sh. Only this time around, you can play on three different maps in a manner similar to Smash Tour.

Map 1: The original Smash Run map
Map 2: Subspace
Map 3: A ruined urban environment comprised of overgrown vegetation, flooded areas, and desert.

Each map has different hazards, gimmicks, and enemies, but are around the same size for the most part, though Map 3 would be considered the largest.

- This time around, players can interact directly with one another. They can either help each other out, or hinder each other's progress.

- Sma5h Run can be played online.

- As with the original, different events will occur throughout the game, and doors will be present that will offer rewards.

- Each game can be adjusted at five minute intervals, with 20 minutes being the highest setting possible.

- After time runs out, players can pick from three randomized battles/game types. They have 10 seconds to make a decision, otherwise their choice is picked by random.

- Up to six players/CPUs can play Smash Run at the same time. Characters and the amount of slots can be selected via the CSS this time around.

Tower of Smash

- This would replace the Event Match mode.

- Much like how it was presented from the rumors. There are 100 levels with different events; one for each level. Every 10th level is a boss stage.

- Players must choose 5 different characters. If a character is lost, they cannot be played again for the remainder of the game. Losing all of your characters ends the game. Players can restart from where they lost at the expense of some of the items they won prior to losing.

- Progress is automatically saved each time you beat a level.

Misc. Modes:

All Star Mode
- Same as Sm4sh

Master and Crazy Orders
- Same as Sm4sh Wii U

8-Player Smash
- Players can now play Stamina matches

Special Smash

All Star Versus
- Like in Project M 3.5, all lives are different characters.

Stamina
- Players wrap around blast zones like in Project M 3.5.
- Also from Project M 3.5, stamina matches can have stocks.

Stadium Modes:
- Multi-Man Smash
- Home Run Contest
- Break the Targets/Target Smash
- Board the Platforms

- All of these modes can be played online with friends.

Challenges
- Same as Sm4sh Wii U

Stages:

- In addition to Omega stages, there are now Alpha stages as well. Alpha stages resemble Battlefield instead of Final Destination.

- Hazards can be turned off in game settings. This doesn't stop scrolling stages.

Online Mode:

The following single player modes can be played online:
- Stadium
- Smash Run
- All Star Mode

With Friends
- Same as Sm4sh

With Anyone

For Fun
- Team Smash
- Smash
- 1 on 1
- All stages are viable in For Fun.
- Alpha and Omega stages are turned off.
- Items are turned on.

For Glory
- Smash
- Team Smash
- 1 on 1
- Large stages are unavailable.
- All viable stages have hazards turned off.
- Alpha and Omega stages are viable.
- Items are turned off.
- Records can be viewed in For Glory mode

Misc.
- The player's connection is shown on their character portrait. This helps players determine if other players will cause lag during matches.
- Spectator and Conquest Modes are in.
- Customs can be turned on or off.
- Movesets with equipment cannot be used online unless players play with their friends.
- Matchmaking sorts players by skill level, and whether they have customs turned on or off.
- All For Glory matches are 3 Stocks, 8 Minutes

And these are what would make Sma5h an ideal game IMO.
Okay seriously, I'm confused as to why ToS is so darn popular. If you take away the bosses it's just master orders but with limited content. Even if the craziness of the matches goes further and into more specificity, then it's just event mode but with unnecessary complexity that makes it less usable and with the unnecessary restriction of having every event work for each character. Just a plain bad idea.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
I'd basically make something like SD Remix.
*Edit, so as to not be lazy:
No.
I'd basically try to combine all smash games by having characters pulled from certain games. Kinda like what Capcom Fighting Jam tried to do, except not bad.
From there, depending on which game I've pulled a character from, I'd build off of that.
I'd opt to leave top tier characters mostly unchanged, and bring low tiers up by giving them more new mechanics and less free power.
For example, I'd give Ganon the ability to charge all of his ground attacks.
I'd give Donkey Kong the ability to cancel the startup animation(not the hitting or recovery animation) of his ground attacks into a standing state.
I'd give Bowser's attacks Special Armor, where he still flinches when he's hit but he negates X amount of percent damage, where X equals the percent damage of the attack he was executing while he was hit by an opponent.
For Roy, I'd have it so that hitting with the hilt of his sword deals more percent damage as opposed to more knockback, since that's Marth's mechanic.
For Link and Samus, I'd probably give them a ton of new moves. When I say a ton, think what Dante has from Marvel 3.
For Fox and Falco, I'd probably just have their L-Cancelling window be less frames, maybe even 1.

lol
People would probably hate my game.

Last edited:

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
Oh boy, I may as well pitch my own Smash game.

First off this is my pitch for the next-gen Smash Bros. game, and for development time purposes I would schedule it for a release at the end of the console's lifespan.

Now before I can go into the roster, I need to outline one of the game's new features, multiple fighting styles. This would replace custom movesets, with the idea being that each character would have three completely unique movesets rather than three variations on each special move. Equipment would still be part of the game, and there would even be special equipment that would be obtained through challenges, but can't be sold. This equipment would be specific to one character, and each character would have one of these each.

Now for the roster, I'll also name the additional fighting styles.
Mario: Default style would be how he is now but with the Mario Tornado as his Down B. FLUDD style would be based entirely around the different FLUDD nozzles used in Mario and would be very reliant on the B moves. The third style would be Cat Mario style, as I think that Cat Mario would make for an interesting moveset.

Luigi: Default would be same as Smash 4's. Poltergust style would be a no-brainer, and for his third style I would suggest a style based around the Mario Party games, for example, he would throw a dice block that does anything from 1-10% damage.

Peach: Default style wouldn't have many changes from Smash 4, another fighting style would be based on the Mario sports games and the final style would be based on a power up that she has used.

Bowser: Default style aside, his fighting styles would be based on Meowser and possibly Dry Bowser. Meowser would incorporate some of the moves that Cat Mario uses, except adapted for Bowser. As for Dry Bowser, I got nothing.

Yoshi would probably be nerfed a bit, and his other styles would be a Woolly World style using whatever he has in that game, and his other style would be a playable Birdo. Reason being that I can't think of a third style for Yoshi, and I can't think of two additional fighting styles for Birdo.

I don't feel quite like writing the rest now, so I'll probably pick this up later.
In hindsight this doesn't seem like a good idea, as it would mean a lot of balancing, increasing the workload of the devs, putting the game into development hell.

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
This is actually something I've been working on in my spare time, as in the future as a programmer I plan to work with my girlfriend to create a Super Smash Flash-esque game! It's still in it's early stages, as it IS being planned like 10 years in advance, but I have a neat roster and set of stages already.
If this thread gets love I'll definitely be posting a huge one, take this as a reserved spot. ;P
XD Cool, more smash. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom