• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You suddenly become tasked with being the director of Smash 5 coming out in Feb 2016...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troykv

Smash Master
- Stock mode as default instead of Time mode
- Half of counter moves are removed
- Clones become alt costumes
- Wolf returns
- The Dong is expanded by adding King K. Rool and Dixie Kong as newcomers
- Bandana Dee, Ridley, Meowth, Kamek, Captain Toad and Isaac are also added as newcomers
- Proper story mode instead of awful Smash Tour
- Target Smash returns
- Ganondorf would be decloned
- 75m, Pac-Land and TGCO don't return
- Sheik, ZSS, Lucas and WFT are low priority and would be cut if time runs out (they would return as DLC)
- Koopaling alt costumes are also low priority and would be replaced with regular palette swaps if time runs out.
Which are the counter that you remove and what put in it's place?

Last edited:
Which are the counter that you remove and what put in it's place?
Lucina's (becomes Marth's alt), Ike's, Lucario's (has many possible moves for replacement) and Palutena's. Bone Rush could replace Lucario's Double Team, don't know replacements for Ike and Palutena. Marth, Greninja, Shulk and Little Mac would be only characters with counters.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I swear anyone who has Ridley and/or King K. Rool in their rosters just have the strangest list of changes...

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
Removal of Jigglypuff,Dark Pit,Lucina
Additions: Ridley,King K Rool,Fraxure,Bomberman,Megaman X,Yuga,Ninten,Rayman,Snake,Bandana Waddle Dee,Magikoopa
Declonation of Lucas,Dr Mario,Ganon
------------
Ike's Counter replaced with a new move: Flare Rush
Ganon's Wizard's Foot replaced with a new move: Dark Field
----------------
ZSS,Shulk,Villager low priority, might return as DLC
---------------------
Wolf,Ice Climbers,Pokemon Trainer return
Wolf Flash replaced by a new move: Snipe
Pokemon Trainer uses Turtwig,Monferno,Empoleon
Fire Wolf replaced by a new move: Wolfen Carry
----------------
3 Stock, 8 mins is default setting
Hanenbow,Shadow Moses Island and Big Blue return....
but The Great Cave Up-Throw-Fensive,Orbital Gate and Jungle Hijinx don't.
Unlockables(in order): Falco,Dr Mario,Fraxure,Diddy Kong,Wolf,Pokemon Trainer,Robin,Megaman X,Lucario,Peach,Bowser Jr,Bomberman
-----------------
New Stages: Bomb Maze(Bomberman)
Mt. Coronet(Pokemon)
Flame Mammoth's Stage(Megaman)
Land of the Livid Dead(Rayman)
Bowser's Castle(Mario)
Kakariko Village(Legend of Zelda)
Halacandra(Kirby)
---------
Unlockable stages(in order):Hanenbow,Kakariko Village,Pac-Maze,Windy Hill Zone,Gerudo Valley,Dream Land N64,Miiverse,Bomb Maze
---------Familiar Stages-----
Windy Hill Zone
Wii Fit Studio
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Castle Siege
Miiverse
Pac-Maze
Gerudo Valley
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Big Blue
Flat Zone X
New Pork City
Dream Land N64
Saffron City N64
-----------
New Moves:
Ike: Flare Rush: Down B(replaces Counter)
Ike rushes forward, sword cloaked in blue flames. In the air, he will jump up while using the move.

Ganon: Dark Field(Replaces Wizard's Foot)
Ganon can absorb projectiles.

Wolf: Snipe(Replaces Wolf Flash)
Wolf fires a shot from his blaster. It is invisible until about 10cm away from Wolf.

Wolf: Wolfen Carry(Replaces Fire Wolf)
Wolf has his Wolfen carry him upwards.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Ridley I agree. But why King K. Rool?
Because this:
Removal of Jigglypuff,Dark Pit,Lucina
Additions: Ridley,King K Rool,Fraxure,Bomberman,Megaman X,Yuga,Ninten,Rayman,Snake,Bandana Waddle Dee,Magikoopa
Declonation of Lucas,Dr Mario,Ganon
------------
Ike's Counter replaced with a new move: Flare Rush
Ganon's Wizard's Foot replaced with a new move: Dark Field
----------------
ZSS,Shulk,Villager low priority, might return as DLC
---------------------
Wolf,Ice Climbers,Pokemon Trainer return
Wolf Flash replaced by a new move: Snipe
Pokemon Trainer uses Turtwig,Monferno,Empoleon
Fire Wolf replaced by a new move: Wolfen Carry
----------------
3 Stock, 8 mins is default setting
Hanenbow,Shadow Moses Island and Big Blue return....
but The Great Cave Up-Throw-Fensive,Orbital Gate and Jungle Hijinx don't.
Unlockables(in order): Falco,Dr Mario,Fraxure,Diddy Kong,Wolf,Pokemon Trainer,Robin,Megaman X,Lucario,Peach,Bowser Jr,Bomberman
-----------------
New Stages: Bomb Maze(Bomberman)
Mt. Coronet(Pokemon)
Flame Mammoth's Stage(Megaman)
Land of the Livid Dead(Rayman)
Bowser's Castle(Mario)
Kakariko Village(Legend of Zelda)
Halacandra(Kirby)
---------
Unlockable stages(in order):Hanenbow,Kakariko Village,Pac-Maze,Windy Hill Zone,Gerudo Valley,Dream Land N64,Miiverse,Bomb Maze
---------Familiar Stages-----
Windy Hill Zone
Wii Fit Studio
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Castle Siege
Miiverse
Pac-Maze
Gerudo Valley
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Big Blue
Flat Zone X
New Pork City
Dream Land N64
Saffron City N64
-----------
New Moves:
Ike: Flare Rush: Down B(replaces Counter)
Ike rushes forward, sword cloaked in blue flames. In the air, he will jump up while using the move.

Ganon: Dark Field(Replaces Wizard's Foot)
Ganon can absorb projectiles.

Wolf: Snipe(Replaces Wolf Flash)
Wolf fires a shot from his blaster. It is invisible until about 10cm away from Wolf.

Wolf: Wolfen Carry(Replaces Fire Wolf)
Wolf has his Wolfen carry him upwards.
Any list that included either/both of those characters had the strangest changes I've ever seen.

Remove Jigglypuff? Low Priority ZSS, Shulk, AND Villager? And the rest of it is strange too

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
Because this:

Any list that included either/both of those characters had the strangest changes I've ever seen.

Remove Jigglypuff? Low Priority ZSS, Shulk, AND Villager? And the rest of it is strange too
I meant to say Sheik. god.
And why is Jigglypuff still here? Just put in Poliwrath to replace it or something!

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
My god what is with this obsession with removing the full clones and making them costumes? What does that add to the game? It's not like they are taking much development time: much less than any 1 full character requires. Did Dark Pit steal you guys's lunch money or something? Because removing them doesn't improve the game at all.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
My god what is with this obsession with removing the full clones and making them costumes? What does that add to the game? It's not like they are taking much development time: much less than any 1 full character requires. Did Dark Pit steal you guys's lunch money or something? Because removing them doesn't improve the game at all.
+1. I'm getting a little tired aswell of these super long-shot dream scenarios where posters are able to freely make up any impossible scenario in like, 1/10 of all threads for Smash 4 going on.
Honestly, I'd like a sub-forum for these sorts of threads.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I meant to say Sheik. god.
That makes it worse...

And why is Jigglypuff still here? Just put in Poliwrath to replace it or something!
Oh thanks for reminding me about Poliwrath, now allow me to tell you why Poliwrath isn't in the game. Poliwrath isn't popular. My girl/boy Jiggs is popular, especially in Japan.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I really feel like people are ignoring the "Coming out FEB 2016" part

Fire Fly

Smash Journeyman
Everything would be a disaster if I were to be left in charge. XD

MalcolmFlex

Smash Cadet
Characters removed: Lucina, Greninja, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario.
Characters added: Birdo, Tingle, King K. Rool, Skull Kid, Toon Ganondorf, Ryu, Young Link (Deku, Goron and Zora masks), Wolf, Ice Climbers, Issac, Toad & Toadette (team) and an additional Pokemon.

Those would suffice for me. I don't think anyone would be out of place and some of these characters would be unique unlike any other.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Brawl with the Sm4sh game engine.
Brawl's SFX and Visuals are IMO better in Brawl. Also I would change lots of little things as well.
Chain grabbing returns but you can only grab someone 3 times in a row, afterwards you will have to wait 2 seconds before being able to grab anyone again. This is to get rid of infinite chain grabbing, balancing Ice Climbers out and making chain grabbing less annoying and cheap. Jab locking was limited to 3 times in a row, so I did the same thing with chain grabs.
Certain characters movesets would be reverted back to their Brawl variations, such as Bowser, Wario, Pit, Marth, Ike, Olimar, and Falco. Others would be somewhere in-between, like Zelda, Samus, Kirby, and Charizard.
Since the game engine would still be almost identical to Sm4sh's, these characters would still have the true combos and stuff from Smash 4. Pit's Down Throw would still combo into stuff, and F-Airs may combo into each other, Marth's Forward Throw would true combo into F-Air until high percents. Of course, if you like Sm4sh Pit, you can still play as Dark Pit, who will remain unchanged, and he would be able to play exactly like Sm4sh Pit with Customs on.
The new characters would be in the game but would have to match Brawl's visuals, and therefore be less colorful and bright and kiddy and more detailed.
The Omega Stage feature would be replaced with the ability to remove/turn off stage hazards/transformations. You could just turn off stage hazards by pressing X, and you would press Y to remove transformations, which would allow you to choose which form of the stage to play on, for example you would be able to choose between the different layouts of Delfino, and obviously the other stages like Mushroom Kingdom for example. What about stages that aren't competitively viable even without stage hazards or transformations, for example Gaur Plains? Well, the omega versions of these stages would still be present, maybe even with added platforms for a different, unique layout.
There would also be an option to add custom music to stages.
Guile's theme would be in Suzaku Castle already.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
>develop game in only a few months

>accidental oversights somehow cause the game to be perfect for competitive play

>Melee HD, baby

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Assume everything in Smash 4 returns, unless said otherwise.
There's also probably more ideas, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Characters
Saki Amamiya is no longer an assist trophy and becomes playable, moveset inspired by assist trophy actions and original game. (Sin & Punishment)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo & Kazooie)
Krystal (Starfox)
Dark Samus is no longer an assist trophy and is playable, moveset inspired from the Prime series and assist trophy actions. (Metroid)
Vaati (Zelda)
Skull Kid (Zelda)
Kamui/Avatar (Fire Emblem)
Lucina becomes a Marth alt and has her own colors included
Dr. Mario becomes a Mario alt and has his own colors included
Dark Pit's moveset changed to be more similar to how he was in Uprising
Snake returns (Metal Gear)
Wolf returns (Starfox)
Ice Climbers return (Ice Climbers)
Squirtle returns as its own character (Pokemon)
Ivysaur returns as its own character (Pokemon)

Stages
Sin & Punishment stage
Golden Sun stage
Saffron City returns
Fountain of Dreams returns
Spear Pillar returns
Shadow Moses Island returns
Summit returns

Miscellaneous
Boss Battles return
Story mode like Subspace
The option of Smash 4 Classic Mode or older Classic Mode
More music(Pretty general, I know, but definitely more music)
In addition to Omega stages, a mode for stages to be based on BF will be available as well
FG will allow the choice of stages between Omega mode or BF mode
Tourney mode times increased to 8 min
The ability to make custom tourneys however you want
Replays still playable after patches
Better game balancing(General, but I don't wanna write a whole essay on this)

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
"I understand X character, but why Y character?"

You guys are really over-hyping this roster crap. Most of you really don't know what you're doing. I understand SSB is a game where you can fight as your favorite characters, but anything more than what's present always devolves into indulgence. It's been happening since the 64 days (I remember plenty of AOL and geocities websites with people detailing bad character concepts) and it really stamps out any meaningful gameplay discussion. Right now there are so many characters in Smash Bros. that it's a really big mess. The sales-driving demographic wanted an abundance Desu-man/woman with four appended special moves and unfortunately that's what they got. It resulted in a gameplay model archetype that's easy to mass produce.

If it were up to me, Smash 5, as base, wouldn't have more than twenty-something characters and it would have elements and physics closer to traditional fighters. Crouching, grabbing, and neutral options all need overhauls, along with greater character kit interactivity and more meaningful defensive options. There would be consequences to actions other than just damage or knockback.

Last edited:

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
But on a more serious note from my Melee HD post, I actually would make the game similar to Melee. Here are some changes I'd make from Smash 4 to Smash 5:

• Universally increase the falling speed for each character
  • Keep the same hitstun formula (Smash 4 uses Melee's hitstun formula) but remove the ability to act out of stun
  • Remove port priority. Moves will either clank or trade. Including grabs. If grabs collide, both characters get grab released.
  • A near universal decrease to the base knockback on moves. High base knockback is a large reason why combos are so hard in Smash 4.
  • a near universal increase to knockback scaling on moves. There isn't a logical reason why many tilts can't kill even above 200% in Smash 4.
  • Increase the effectiveness of SDI to about how it was in Melee.
  • Remove vectoring in favor of the conventional DI from Melee/Brawl
  • A near universal reduction to landing lag on aerials.
  • Characters can crouch out of a full dash.
  • Dash Dancing re-introduced.
  • Footstools are techable and are initiated by a different input than jump. Not sure what button.
  • Tripping is completely removed. Diddy Kong's banana knocks down grounded characters, but they can tech it.
  • Smash 4's airdodge is retained, but with higher ending lag, making it easier to punish predictable airdodges with harder punishes. (airdodges last 32 frames on average with frames 2-27 being intangible. I'd make the average airdodge last 54 frames with the same intangibility frames and the same landing lag)
  • All neutral specials are able to B-reverse (maybe with some exceptions if the move doesn't allow for it)
  • Powershields reflect projectiles like in Melee.
  • Rolls are slightly slower, with the average roll ending on frame 33 instead of 29.
  • Various balancing changes, made to give each character more depth and options.
  • "Omega" Stages now cause stages to have balanced, more varied layouts instead of just being Final Destination. Each stage's Omega form is different.

If I had total control over the roster, I'd make several cuts. Here's the roster I'd have:

(Veterans)
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Yoshi
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Link
  • Zelda
  • Ganondorf
  • Samus
  • Zero Suit
  • Kirby
  • Meta Knight
  • Fox
  • Falco
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
  • Mewtwo
  • Greninja
  • Captain Falcon
  • Ness
  • Marth
  • Robin
  • Ike
  • Game & Watch
  • R.O.B
  • Sonic
  • Villager
  • Little Mac
  • Wii Fit
  • Shulk
  • Mega Man
  • Ice Climbers

(Newcomers)
  • Black Shadow (Because F-Zero representation, also a villain)

Would be a combination of 64 Captain Falcon and Melee Ganondorf, with Ganondorf getting a more unique moveset in this game.

• Inkling (New IP, possibility for unique playstyle, why not)

Would be a highly aggressive character that can cover parts of the stage with ink and be able to approach the opponent through it as a squid.

• Isaac (Because I want stages with Golden Sun music. That's all)

See: SSF2 Isaac

• Blaziken (Is relevant because of its new mega in X/Y, being remade in ORAS and is playable in Pokken

Speedy playstyle, no projectiles, long combos, but kill moves are slower ground-based moves.

• Earthworm Jim (Because I'd cry tears of joy)

Slightly sluggish movement, fast falling speed, able to keep space by using his head as a whip in neutral. His blaster is one of his better tools since it can be aimed in the 8 cardinal directions and is quick.

• King K. Rool (Another villain, another "big" character much needed DK rep)

Slow, heavy, deals a lot of damage. Has a way of dealing with quicker enemies with his blunderbuss.

• Either Emil or Lloyd from the two Tale of Symphonia games (I feel like Emil would have better gameplay than Lloyd)

Either of them could use any of their artes from the ToS games in their movesets. Lloyd would probably be more reliant on keeping space, and Emil would be more aggression-oriented.

(Chracters I'd cut and why)
  • Doc, Roy, Lucina, Dark Pit, Toon Link: Clones are bad for a competitive game, because unless they're done very well, one of the characters will always be considered definitively better. The only time a clone and its parent have been even close was with Melee Fox and Falco because they just happened to be designed very well.
  • Dedede: His moveset doesn't have much potential in my opinion. He's big, slow, and has always relied on really annoying tools, like his big disjointed hammer. Even Project M couldn't fix him without giving him armor on tons of moves and giving him a quick movement option.

• Charizard: Irrelevant, not much potential. Has the moveset of a generic dragon.

• Lucario: Would require a major overhaul in order fit in a game that promotes aggression. Aura rewards defensive "keep-away" play too much.

• Lucas: Is a semi-clone, other characters can play the role of "character that is only okay unless you get a read with a really good kill move that's kinda slow" and do it better.

• Olimar: Isn't much of a fighter in his source material. (what a terrible reason)Also is really defensive and require is large overhaul.

• Rosalina & Luma: Ice Climbers are a very similar character, but with better design choices.

• Bowser Jr.: Seemed arbitrary to be included in the first place. Too many Mario characters. Needed to cut the roster down since realistically, it's hard to balance such a large roster. It's a shame, I liked how he played.

• Palutena: Unless the Kid Icarus series keeps releasing games, she's irrelevant.

• Duck Hunt: Arbitrary and the roster needed to be smaller

• Pac-Man: He has really cool gameplay, but I don't think that he'd realistically make it in another Smash game just because of licensing and stuff.

• Ryu: A third-party DLC character from a company that already has representation here. He's cool, but the roster needed to be cut down, unfortunately.

• Miis: Custom characters are a hassle for TO's and present too many variables to properly prepare for in a competitive setting. They needed to be cut.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
  • Universally increase the falling speed for each character
  • Keep the same hitstun formula (Smash 4 uses Melee's hitstun formula) but remove the ability to act out of stun
  • Remove port priority. Moves will either clank or trade. Including grabs. If grabs collide, both characters get grab released.
  • A near universal decrease to the base knockback on moves. High base knockback is a large reason why combos are so hard in Smash 4.
  • a near universal increase to knockback scaling on moves. There isn't a logical reason why many tilts can't kill even above 200% in Smash 4.
  • Increase the effectiveness of SDI to about how it was in Melee.
  • Remove vectoring in favor of the conventional DI from Melee/Brawl
  • A near universal reduction to landing lag on aerials.
  • Characters can crouch out of a full dash.
  • Dash Dancing re-introduced.
  • Footstools are removed.
  • Smash 4's airdodge is retained, but with higher ending lag, making it easier to punish predictable airdodges with harder punishes. (airdodges last 32 frames on average with frames 2-27 being intangible. I'd make the average airdodge last 54 frames with the same intangibility frames and the same landing lag)
  • All neutral specials are able to B-reverse (maybe with some exceptions if the move doesn't allow for it)
  • Powershields reflect projectiles like in Melee.
  • Rolls are slightly slower, with the average roll ending on frame 33 instead of 29.
  • Various balancing changes, made to give each character more depth and options.
  • "Omega" Stages now cause stages to have balanced, more varied layouts instead of just being Final Destination. Each stage's Omega form is different.
Do my eyes deceive me? Is someone asking for Melee HD and instead of wanting L-Cancel they want reduction on landing lag? This is a miracle!

I'm actually cool with most with this, biggest problem though is removing Footstools. Imo, they seem to work well, they just need to have a dedicated button like in PM.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Do my eyes deceive me? Is someone asking for Melee HD and instead of wanting L-Cancel they want reduction on landing lag? This is a miracle!

I'm actually cool with most with this, biggest problem though is removing Footstools. Imo, they seem to work well, they just need to have a dedicated button like in PM.
If footstools were to be included, they should be techable imo

Troykv

Smash Master
"I understand X character, but why Y character?"

You guys are really over-hyping this roster crap. Most of you really don't know what you're doing. I understand SSB is a game where you can fight as your favorite characters, but anything more than what's present always devolves into indulgence. It's been happening since the 64 days (I remember plenty of AOL and geocities websites with people detailing bad character concepts) and it really stamps out any meaningful gameplay discussion. Right now there are so many characters in Smash Bros. that it's a really big mess. The sales-driving demographic wanted an abundance Desu-man/woman with four appended special moves and unfortunately that's what they got. It resulted in a gameplay model archetype that's easy to mass produce.

If it were up to me, Smash 5, as base, wouldn't have more than twenty-something characters and it would have elements and physics closer to traditional fighters. Crouching, grabbing, and neutral options all need overhauls, along with greater character kit interactivity and more meaningful defensive options. There would be consequences to actions other than just damage or knockback.
I don't understand which consequences could someone other that damage or K.Oing xD

But I'm interested in the characters you could put and the exact changes? How could you put more options?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I don't understand which consequences could someone other that damage or K.Oing xD
There already are: stage control, momentum, stored charges, helplessness, stun, shield damage... There's a lot here already. I don't feel that there's a real need to rework things at this point (if it ain't broke and it's loved by millions of fans around the world, don't fix it), but opinions are opinions.

Anyway, I didn't expect this thread to ever come back, but hey, the more the merrier! I've been working quite a bit on my entry since the early days of this thread, and it's quite expansive by this point, if I do say so myself. Of course, I've completely disregarded the whole "February 2015" thing; I find it much more fun that way. I'm very interested to see what others have to say! :)

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
This would actually be a position I would enjoy.

I would probably restore some things, and remove some things.

- Make Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit and Roy available as equipment for their counterparts, or as alt costumes, over giving them their own slots.
- Do away with the current Classic Mode, except for Master Core and Master Fortress. The amount of gold would not determine the difficulty, nor have the difficulty decrease.
- Bring back Story Mode, creating a hybrid of Subspace Emissary and Melee's version of Adventure Mode.
- Make it so novice players could learn how to become pros in the game, eliminating the need to go to tourneys for learning experiences. Basically the game teaches you how to become as good as Zero, Hungrybox, or others, using proven strategies built into the game, and technical workouts users can easily understand and follow. Its re-imagining training mode really, plus would reduce the agony that can come with Smash for novices. No need to go on YouTube for advice, or even go to local tourneys, game provides it all.

- Remove grace periods for waiting to fight, whether or not you voluntarily DC
- Wolf, Krystal, King K. Rool are made playable characters.
- Remove Lylat Cruise and Orbital Gate Assault as stages, replacing them with a Area 6 and Corneria stage.
- Add platforms to legal stages.
- Execute a intensive testing process, going through every frame of the game, to spot hidden bugs, and ensure the game is a enjoyable experience. Spend about 3 years on game development, to ensure things aren't rushed (as it seems some things were in Smash 4). Go OCD on every detail.
- Create more courses like Palutena's Temple, but not like Great Cave Offensive.

And yes, that list is short compared to what I'd actually do to Smash.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

- Make Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit and Roy available as equipment for their counterparts, or as alt costumes, over giving them their own slots.
- Do away with the current Classic Mode, except for Master Core and Master Fortress. The amount of gold would not determine the difficulty, nor have the difficulty decrease.
- Bring back Story Mode, creating a hybrid of Subspace Emissary and Melee's version of Adventure Mode.
- Make it so novice players could learn how to become pros in the game, eliminating the need to go to tourneys for learning experiences. Basically the game teaches you how to become as good as Zero, Hungrybox, or others, using proven strategies built into the game, and technical workouts users can easily understand and follow. Its re-imagining training mode really, plus would reduce the agony that can come with Smash for novices. No need to go on YouTube for advice, or even go to local tourneys, game provides it all.

- Remove Lylat Cruise and Orbital Gate Assault as stages, replacing them with a Area 6 and Corneria stage.
- Execute a intensive testing process, going through every frame of the game, to spot hidden bugs, and ensure the game is a enjoyable experience. Spend about 3 years on game development, to ensure things aren't rushed (as it seems some things were in Smash 4). Go OCD on every detail.
- Create more courses like Palutena's Temple, but not like Great Cave Offensive.

You're gonna do all that by Feb 2016?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

You read the title?

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
You're gonna do all that by Feb 2016?
We're talking about Smash 5 right, not just a patch to the current game?

And yes, I read the title. Maybe I'm thinking in producers terms over directors, but whatever the case may be, I see some things either Sakurai forgot or missed, that could improve Smash for the better.

I'd probably have to delay the release, fans might be miffed with me at first, but they'd see the wait was worth it.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
And yet, do you really think anyone could potentially make an above mediocre Smash game within four months from now? We may as well ignore that part of the title.

:094:
This.

I doubt much could be done in four months time, maybe a new character or stage for DLC, but that's it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
We're talking about Smash 5 right, not just a patch to the current game?

And yes, I read the title. Maybe I'm thinking in producers terms over directors, but whatever the case may be, I see some things either Sakurai forgot or missed, that could improve Smash for the better.

I'd probably have to delay the release, fans might be miffed with me at first, but they'd see the wait was worth it.
Admittedly, I was just trying to be a ****. I mean, if this thread were to survive till March 2016, would we just deny any suggestions?

That said, not sure how I feel about "teaching novices to become pros." If you're saying so they get the basics, possibly even intermediates, then okay. But anything more and I'm not sure if that's actually possible unless you add a leaderboard and proper matchmaking and a bunch of other QOL features.

"I'd love to create a Smash Bros X Fire Emblem game where the entire roster is made up of Fire Emblem characters."
If I had a dollar for every time I've said that, I'd be able to buy one of these dream Smashes.

Here's what I think will happen in Smash 5 to characters from Nintendo's primary IPs.

Super Mario Characters: Mario (with Dr. and Paper as skins), Luigi, Peach (with Rosalina skin that plucks Lumas), Toad*, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Kamek*, Yoshi (with Birdo skin), Wario, Waluigi*
Legend of Zelda Characters: Link, Zelda, Impa (with Sheik skin)*, Ganondorf, Toon Link (latter 2 highly modified)
Pokemon Characters: Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Sceptile*, Mewtwo (with Lucario & Zoroark skins)
Fire Emblem characters: Marth (with Lucina & Roy skins), Ike, Robin (with Micaiah skin) Ephraim*, Hector*
Kirby characters: Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Waddle Dee*
Donkey Kong characters: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong (with real Dixie skin), King K. Rool*, Cranky Kong*
Star Fox Characters: Fox, Falco, Wolf (modified to become as independent as Falco)
Kid Icarus characters: Pit (with Dark Pit skin), Palutena (buffed to fit better in standard play), Viridi*
Metroid characters: Samus (with Sylux skin), Zero Suit Samus, scaled-down Ridley*
Mother characters: Ness (with Poo skin), Lucas (with Kumatora skin) (no change)

By "skin", I mean like Alph is to Olimar. Name and appearance change, but the same moves and same properties.
A lot of other characters would also get skins, like Sonic would get Knuckles and Shadow, and Pac-Man would get Ms. Pac-Man.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
"I'd love to create a Smash Bros X Fire Emblem game where the entire roster is made up of Fire Emblem characters."
If I had a dollar for every time I've said that, I'd be able to buy one of these dream Smashes.

Here's what I think will happen in Smash 5 to characters from Nintendo's primary IPs.

Super Mario Characters: Mario (with Dr. and Paper as skins), Luigi, Peach (with Rosalina skin that plucks Lumas), Toad*, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Kamek*, Yoshi (with Birdo skin), Wario, Waluigi*
Legend of Zelda Characters: Link, Zelda, Impa (with Sheik skin)*, Ganondorf, Toon Link (latter 2 highly modified)
Pokemon Characters: Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Sceptile*, Mewtwo (with Lucario & Zoroark skins)
Fire Emblem characters: Marth (with Lucina & Roy skins), Ike, Robin (with Micaiah skin) Ephraim*, Hector*
Kirby characters: Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Waddle Dee*
Donkey Kong characters: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong (with real Dixie skin), King K. Rool*, Cranky Kong*
Star Fox Characters: Fox, Falco, Wolf (modified to become as independent as Falco)
Kid Icarus characters: Pit (with Dark Pit skin), Palutena (buffed to fit better in standard play), Viridi*
Metroid characters: Samus (with Sylux skin), Zero Suit Samus, scaled-down Ridley*
Mother characters: Ness (with Poo skin), Lucas (with Kumatora skin) (no change)

By "skin", I mean like Alph is to Olimar. Name and appearance change, but the same moves and same properties.
A lot of other characters would also get skins, like Sonic would get Knuckles and Shadow, and Pac-Man would get Ms. Pac-Man.
How would Wolf become more like Falco from his modifications? Falco moves a little too slow, and Wolf was just about perfect in Brawl.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
How would Wolf become more like Falco from his modifications? Falco moves a little too slow, and Wolf was just about perfect in Brawl.
He means that Wolf would be as different from Fox as Falco is, not that he'd become more like Falco. (He's already very different from Fox as-is, though, at least as much so as Falco.)

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
He means that Wolf would be as different from Fox as Falco is, not that he'd become more like Falco. (He's already very different from Fox as-is, though, at least as much so as Falco.)
The reason I would kep Wolf as is, is because in Brawl, he had the speed of Fox (whereas Fox lacks power) and the power of Falco (whereas as I said, Falco lakcs speed. The combination made Wolf the ultimate SF fighter. I think Wolf should remain about untouched, granted his Brawl version is brought back.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
remake melee while removing glitches like invisible ceiling, phantom hits, etc, and maybe a few tweaks here and there for the top tiers, while definitely making the rest of the characters from scratch to make them actually viable

:3

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
remake melee while removing glitches like invisible ceiling, phantom hits, etc, and maybe a few tweaks here and there for the top tiers, while definitely making the rest of the characters from scratch to make them actually viable

:3
Phantom hits aren't glitches. They occur when the hitbox of a move and the hurtboxes of a character touch, but don't overlap. It results in half the damage and no knockback. It's an intentional mechanic.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I'd pretty much do SSB4's engine, but more competitive. (For some reason, it posted before I was finished. Whoops.)
More hitstun, less general lag, more general speed, faster general falling and jumping.
Have L-Cancelling, but with the option to turn it off. Same with Melee's air dodge system.
Have a hazards-off button. Have Fountain of Dreams, Termina, and other removed stages return.
Have a near limitless tourney mode, allowing our current tournament structure in.
Have an overall better combo counter in Training. Make it take notice of jab locks and kill confirms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom