• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Laugh You Lose: Gentlemen's Club Edition

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Much love to the people who recognize the superiority of Pepsi and Sierra Mist. It was awful living in GA for those couple years. Coke everywhere T.T

and sweet tea too, bleh

:rosalina:

M@v

Subarashii!
Really? Pepsi>coke. Although the mexican brand coke with real sugar, and comes in the glass bottles is ridiculously good.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Throwback is gross though. Regardless of the fact that it is real sugar, it isn't the same sugar that we had 20 years ago. It is mass-produced-genetically-modified-get-*****-by-humans sugar.
I tried MD throwback and Pepsi throwback.
**** was not cash.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I find it funny that Smashers are arguing about drinks that aren't Mountain Dew or Bawls

Jane

Smash Hero
yooo. i have mad respect for fanta. that **** is the ****. also, yes, if we throw MEXICAN coke products into the mix, then argument over. mexican coke products > anything in this ****in country.

and to the man who said root beer >>>

my hats off to you sir, i agree. except i dont drink root beer by itself usually. but give me a root beer float any day of the week and i will be a happy camper.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
pepsi and coke taste almost exactly the same.

pepsi has slightly more sugar
and coke has a better marketing campaign

if you like one more than the other, you've been brainwashed. they taste the same.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I lost at the first pic because they all look exactly the same.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Mountain dew is the only good thing to come out of the pepsi company.

Coke sucks. Pepsi sucks.

Dr. Pepper. Golden.

Mr. Pibb. Pri good.

Fanta. Delicious.

Take orange fanta. Open it. Leave it in your hot car for a day. Cool it off.

Liquid tic tac.

:phone:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
it tastes like an orange tic tac.

i did it on accident once. i had one left in my truck from after school (i leave cans in my truck often, cause im lazy) and i sit down with a dry as **** mouth. i grabbed it, not caring if it was hot, just so i could wet my whistle, and it was the best tasting thing ever. so i brought it home, cooled it off, and then was in heaven.

try it.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
You dont have to leave it in your car, you just have to let most of carbonation out then cool it off. It just happens that hot cars take it out really quickly.

Tastes so smooth and orangey.

Jane

Smash Hero
it tastes like an orange tic tac.

i did it on accident once. i had one left in my truck from after school (i leave cans in my truck often, cause im lazy) and i sit down with a dry as **** mouth. i grabbed it, not caring if it was hot, just so i could wet my whistle, and it was the best tasting thing ever. so i brought it home, cooled it off, and then was in heaven.

try it.
you've piqued my interests. i will try this.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You dont have to leave it in your car, you just have to let most of carbonation out then cool it off. It just happens that hot cars take it out really quickly.

Tastes so smooth and orangey.
well, here's the only reason i say leave it in the hot car:

what if, when the carbonation comes out, it's all watered down? i havent tested it after the original mistake, but i think maybe because it was so hot, it evaporated the water out of it.

physics guys, does that make sense?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
well, here's the only reason i say leave it in the hot car:

what if, when the carbonation comes out, it's all watered down? i havent tested it after the original mistake, but i think maybe because it was so hot, it evaporated the water out of it.

physics guys, does that make sense?
I'm a physics major, but you're looking for a chemistry major, I believe. But no, water probably won't evaporate in a really hot car when confined to a bottle like that (at least by itself, it could possibly evaporate faster in the presence of the other chemicals in fanta?) Unlikely though.

The fanta i drink never tastes watered down either.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i figured the fanta juice wouldnt evaporate as quickly as the water in it. and it's in an open can.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
If you had a can, it might evaporate a little faster because cans are good conductors of heat, but regardless, a car prolly couldn't get hot enough to make a difference.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i know for a fact evaporation will happen. open water bottles do it all the time.

but my question isnt whether or not it will evaporate, it's whether or not the water will evaporate before the rest of the fanta.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i can imagine that water might partially evaporate in a car (although it would have to be mad hot for it to be significant/noticeable)

but just because there is water in Fanta doesn't mean the water is going to evaporate before everything else. The water is now part of a mixture, which will have a higher temperature of vaporization than the sum of its individual parts.

BUT its also possible that while it takes a higher temparature to evaporate, the substances involved cause the mixture to REACH that temperature much faster.

for example, it takes more heat to boil salt water than regular water, but it still takes less TIME

someone should do an experiment

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Fanta contains 94-96% water.
Cars on even cool days can become up to 116 degrees hot with no windows cracked and an average sized interior. A huge factor in the evaporation of the product is HUMIDITY. If it is a humid temperature, it will not evaporate at a significant rate.
Water will evaporate EVENTUALLY if its environment is as hot as 116 degrees.
Factoring in humidity (where you live?) the temperature outside (if it is 100 degrees outside, wikipedia says it could become up to 130) then it could evaporate at a significant rate, but the 4% of the sugar and all of that business, I have no idea about o__o
Surely, the water would evaporate much faster than the other ingredients that give it the taste if your car wasn't super humid, so you have a point.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
School starts again on Tuesday, so I'll have a steady supply of orange fanta. I'll test this ****.

BunBun

Smash Master
Plastic bottles work fine, before you want to bring up thermal conductivity Cheap.

If it's over the course of the whole day, it becomes irrelevant.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Well, the cans Come Out of the machine. It's not a choice.

Top Bottom