• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys are impossible to please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, don't even start that in here.

*and yes, the staff.
People keep whining about as if Krystal being left out was a tradegy, it needs to be brought up.

A staff user would've been nice... but didn't she ditch that thing after Adventures? Consdering she'd have her Assault look, odds are she wouldn't even bring her staff anyway.

I can understand Ridley and Geno, they were pretty cool characters. (though it's not like Ridley was forgotten, Sakurai just put him where he thought best) It just gets annoying how Krystal is constantly tacked on there to form the tragic trinity.

Id rather have my faves than stickers and masterpeices.
Don't worry, I'm sure Sakurai had plans for Midna and Geno all written up before throwing them away so he could get to work on stickers.

But no, seriously, throwing away features that you personally don't care for wouldn't automatically make your dream cast appear. Sorry, but that's not how video game development works.

darkatma

Smash Hero
what people fail to realize is that brawl's new mechanics are making the majority of the melee smashers complain. So far we have: no combos, no grabs, and no particularly intense games. The top melee players will be the top brawl players with a few more tacked on, but the game seems devolved.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
People keep whining about as if Krystal being left out was a tradegy, it needs to be brought up.

A staff user would've been nice... but didn't she ditch that thing after Adventures? Consdering she'd have her Assault look, odds are she wouldn't even bring her staff anyway.

I can understand Ridley and Geno, they were pretty cool characters. (though it's not like Ridley was forgotten, Sakurai just put him where he thought best) It just gets annoying how Krystal is constantly tacked on there to form the tragic trinity.
She had fans, and that's all that matters. People who were against Ridley thought he was just a non-playable mindless boss character that was too big. People against Geno thought he was an extremely minor non-Nintendo-owned side character. None of these reasons stopped anyone from wanting them in the game.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
She had fans, and that's all that matters. People who were against Ridley thought he was just a non-playable mindless boss character that was too big. People against Geno thought he was an extremely minor non-Nintendo-owned side character. None of these reasons stopped anyone from wanting them in the game.
If there's one thing this board has shown, every video game character in existance has fans.

Disco Ninja Monkey

Smash Apprentice
No, but the sse is proclaimed by sakurai '' and adventure game'' lolol
Whoops. Guess I need to read the Dojo more carefully. @_@
Of course, I'm too lazy to actually do that.
In any case, not one adventure game with Mario or Link has ever had a good story. What makes you think Nintendo will actually start making Final Fantasy quality storylines all of a sudden?

The fact of the matter is Krystal is an awful character and should have never been spawned from the convulsing black womb that is Star Fox Adventures.

F*ck Krystal.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Whoops. Guess I need to read the Dojo more carefully. @_@
Of course, I'm too lazy to actually do that.
In any case, not one adventure game with Mario or Link has ever had a good story. What makes you think Nintendo will actually start making Final Fantasy quality storylines all of a sudden?
Look at supermario rpg alttp oot......its pretty bad when u haveto give the same examples to the same people twice in a row :ohwell:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I hate these posts. There aren't even that many people complaining. Some people come aroudn thinking they need to be some smash disciple and spread the word that, regardless of our personal opinions, smash is perfect. If you don't think smash is perfect then your a whiner and you need to shut up.

I never cared for sonic, I wanted a deep online more than a deep adventure mode. My most wanted character were not Sonic, King DeDeDe and Lucario. Sorry that I had different wants.

Does that mean I hate the game and am going to protest it? No it's still gonna be an awesome AAA game. But if at some point I post some of the things I don't like about it doesn't mean I hate it. There is no such thing as a perfect game.

RWB

Smash Ace
Umm... Genodisk. If there's any part that is severely lacking in OoT, it's the story. As goes for most Zeldas, storylines ranging from "lousy" to "somewhat good".

I'm a Legend of Zelda fan. But saying LoZ-games is good because of the story... not really.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Well, I can definitely say Brawl is not the perfect game (nor a bad one), but there's always next time. *sighs*

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but who had the most fans?

Well, I don't actually know, but it seemed to be Geno, Ridley, and Krystal. Seems like they didn't have enough, though.
Or perhaps Sakurai didn't just throw in characters judged on fanbase size alone? Just maybe?

First you'll have to consider the fact that Sakurai does listen to his fans. King Dedede, Diddy Kong and Sonic all had large fanbases and scored high on his polls. Many of his characters like Meta Knight and Pit are fan favorites.

So with all of the fan favorites he was adding and the limitations of development time, it really shouldn't be so shocking to everyone that he couldn't please every single 100+ page smash boards character thread out there. So what does he do?

First he takes one and puts it in the game in the form he deems most fitting. Even though Ridley could certainly be playable, functionally and artistically he works better and is more intimidating as a boss. As much as I would have liked to see him playable, I cannot fault Sakurai for his decision. It makes sense.

Geno is definitely still connected to Square Enix, you just have to look for the credits in Superstar Saga to believe this. Sakurai said that inserting Sonic and Snake into the game took an extremely high amount of work, he must've apparently not wanted to go through so much trouble for an obscure character.

As for Krystal, he chose Wolf instead. Possibly because he was more iconic, possible because he played the part of the major anti-hero, and has been in the series longer. Or possibly because he was lazy and didn't want to code in a staff.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Wow, didn't I already explain this to you?
Perhaps you can't read.
SMRPG was done by Square, and ALTTP and OoT aren't even close to good storylines.
Well the people who came up with the smash bros storyline was sakurai and a guy from square lol and they were good storylines, they werent so detailed but they told a story very well executed, you dont need complexity to have an engaging story.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Or perhaps Sakurai didn't just throw in characters judged on fanbase size alone? Just maybe?

First you'll have to consider the fact that Sakurai does listen to his fans. King Dedede, Diddy Kong and Sonic all had large fanbases and scored high on his polls. Many of his characters like Meta Knight and Pit are fan favorites.

So with all of the fan favorites he was adding and the limitations of development time, it really shouldn't be so shocking to everyone that he couldn't please every single 100+ page smash boards character thread out there. So what does he do?

First he takes one and puts it in the game in the form he deems most fitting. Even though Ridley could certainly be playable, functionally and artistically he works better and is more intimidating as a boss. As much as I would have liked to see him playable, I cannot fault Sakurai for his decision. It makes sense.

Geno is definitely still connected to Square Enix, you just have to look for the credits in Superstar Saga to believe this. Sakurai said that inserting Sonic and Snake into the game took an extremely high amount of work, he must've apparently not wanted to go through so much trouble for an obscure character.

As for Krystal, he chose Wolf instead. Possibly because he was more iconic, possible because he played the part of the major anti-hero, and has been in the series longer. Or possibly because he was lazy and didn't want to code in a staff.
Thanks, but I'd already taken that into consideration a long time ago :).

Perhaps this should be directed at other people in this thread.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Melee was perfect.

Also, Nolan Ryan pitched 7 no-hitters... that equals 7 perfect games.
Melee, as wonderful and long-lasting as it was, wasn't perfect. The roster probably caused at least as much whining and moaning as Brawl did... (No Meta Knight or Pit or Diddy Kong... yet we get crap like Dr. Mario, Young Link, Ice Climbers and frickin' Pichu. Ah jeez, Sakurai can't be trusted with this series anymore!)

spindash

Smash Ace
My only real "Awww dang" moment was with the roster; which only lasted a day XD. But even then? By god, that roster is amazing now that I look at it again. Heck! Even Lucario looks better then Mewtwo right now and I'm not talking about performance wise!

I'm 100% happy with this game. Nothing can steer me away from the greatest video game of all time. ^^

Disco Ninja Monkey

Smash Apprentice
No dialogue = not much to push the story. It is simple but wat sets the zelda series apart from it is they were engaging as sse is not.
Explain. What bit of dialogue made the game so much more engaging? And how did pointless text that you can't seem to skip enhance the gameplay for you?

EDIT:
New stages = wasted time that could have been spent on more characters.
Add SSE to that, while you're at it.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Melee was perfect.

Also, Nolan Ryan pitched 7 no-hitters... that equals 7 perfect games.
Melee was unbalanced and after like 2 weeks lost pretty much all of it's single player appeal.

And is think about the team he pitched agaisnt? Not quite a perfect game for them?

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Explain. What bit of dialogue made the game so much more engaging? And how did pointless text that you can't seem to skip enhance the gameplay for you?

EDIT:

Add SSE to that, while we're at it.
Ok you arent making any real points, just because you skip the texts doesnt mean other people read it, it is an adventure game and it is rated for being one of the best games ever made, without the story you wouldnt even know what to do you would just be running around playing around with the mechanics.

Disco Ninja Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Ok you arent making any real points, just because you skip the texts doesnt mean other people read it, it is an adventure game and it is rated for being one of the best games ever made, without the story you wouldnt even know what to do you would just be running around playing around with the mechanics.
You're not making any real points, either.
You're also mixing a good storyline with a slapped on storyline that gives the game any sense of direction. It's one of the best games ever made because of GAMEPLAY. A great storyline with crappy controls is a worthless game. A crappy storyline with amazing gameplay, on the other hand, is something people will still want to play.

MOAN WHINE COMPLAIN

Can't you just appreciate what you have? No, that's probably too much to ask.
Your posts turn me on. :lick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom