• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys are impossible to please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
So add 3 characters, bringing the roster to 38, and suddenly everything is excellent?
4 character and no its not excellent but a hell of alot better than it is now. remember the roster is the actuall concept of smash bros ( fan favorites battling it out not collect stickers) Oh and i forgot as mentioned above masterpeices was another giant waste of time and space.

Disco Ninja Monkey

Smash Apprentice
More like

Fans: The main thing we want is a bigger roster with fan favorite characters.
Sakurai: Ill spend 7 years to give u a roster of only 35 character (less than most people were suspecting and the worst possible believable roster out of all of the prophit rosters). And instead of fan favorites such as ridly, geno krystal and isaac, i guess ill give u rob(robot that isnt in a videogame and ruined the roster). Oh and a ton of clones!
Fans: We want online!
Sakurai: Ok, but ahhhh, no rankings or voice chat so its just like you're playing a computer!.
Fans: We want a better adventure mode!
Sakurai: Ok, I got a final fantasy rep to help with the story since they are known for their awsome stories but you know make it short, no voice overs and pretty much an average story.
Fans: We want a ton of awesome and cool features!
Sakurai: Ok, here's Stage Builder(good extra feature, taking snapshots, four possible controllers(not a feature,but alot of people woulda been pissed if it just used the wiimote) , tons of customization such as my music(not and extra feature but the only thing in brawl done extremly well)., the addition of Assist Trophies and Final Smashes(meh), and tons of amazing new modes(please tell us which modes these are?.....) i cant think of any.
Fans; Please sakurai we mainly want a great roster and a capturing 1 player mode with a really good story. He better not sacrifice them to put in sumthing gay like stickers.
Sakurai; Hmmmm what could make this game amazing without adding any new, and good characters, hmmmm..... OMG STICKERSSS!!!
*brawl comes out*
Fans: WHAT? No Megaman/Ridley/Issac/Geno/whoever?(yeah we were expecting a good roster) No DLC?(only reason people want this is because the roster is horrible). Replace all the new modes and features that makes Brawl the ulitmate (focus on little things that nowon cares about and leave out the big things that made the game what it is or what it could be game),and include a nice roster and a good story for story mode and you wouldn't be getting the, Brawl SUCKS! I hate you Sakurai! I totally do not appriciate all you've done to make this game a dissapointment, when you could have done soo much more!!
I can big things = ROSTER and 1 PLAYER MODE. little things = stickers and trophies and tripping.
See, this is exactly why SSE and the new characters should've never been announced until release. I'm sure if you didn't know about the roster/SSE before it came out, you'd be happier with it.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Such as, Masterpieces, Sitckers, Music and Adventure Mode.

Those things wouldn't even be there without the Characters, and it just feels like he concentrated more on them, rather than the foundations of the game.

I guess that's why the roster has been so heavily criticised.
I'll give you Adventure Mode, because that seems to have had some part in the roster selection, but I can't give you the music. Sakurai left that to his epic team of musicians, and he just picked the songs and probably a few other guidelines.

So are you suggesting that the reason the roster did not meet everyone's expectations is the inclusion of Masterpieces and Stickers?

@Genodisk:

SSB: Add 12 characters.

SSBM: Add about 11 more.

SSBB: Add about 14 more.

So, what's wrong with that?

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
See, this is exactly why SSE and the new characters should've never been announced until release. I'm sure if you didn't know about the roster/SSE before it came out, you'd be happier with it.
Nah its just both big announcement areas werent even close to as good as they could have been.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
I'll give you Adventure Mode, because that seems to have had some part in the roster selection, but I can't give you the music. Sakurai left that to his epic team of musicians, and he just picked the songs and probably a few other guidelines.

So are you suggesting that the reason the roster did not meet everyone's expectations is the inclusion of Masterpieces and Stickers?
Music is awsome, but masterpieces n stickers take away time and space that could have been spent on better things.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Like the concept of smash bros ( the roster)
The Roster is already well complete. Ridley and Geno aren't as important to Nintendo as a lot of people like to pretend they are.

There is only one member of the roster that doesn't make sense to me, and that's Wolf. He's a rather minor character from a (relatively) minor series. The only thing I can imagine is Sakurai personally liking him. Other than that, the rest of the roster is extremely symbolic of Nintendo right now.

Edit

As for masterpieces and stickers, they didn't take time away from ANYTHING. A sticker is an image, a minigame and a few numbers moved around. Masterpeices were made ages ago.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Yeah, and if more of the Characters where Unlockables too, I'm sure we'd be even happier with it.

Just little things like that Sakurai, giving us the chance to unlock Dedede and Pokemon Trainer, it would've made the experience so much better.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
The Roster is already well complete. Ridley and Geno aren't as important to Nintendo as a lot of people like to pretend they are.

There is only one member of the roster that doesn't make sense to me, and that's Wolf. He's a rather minor character from a (relatively) minor series. The only thing I can imagine is Sakurai personally liking him. Other than that, the rest of the roster is extremely symbolic of Nintendo right now.
Even tho its you're favorite nintendo characters not historic nintendo characters and sakurai said hes making this for the fans not for giving you little tastes of old games that you dont really care for the characters for.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Thats over with, most people have gone into acceptance mode by now

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Music is awsome, but masterpieces n stickers take away time and space that could have been spent on better things.
And so you're saying that adding a few demos of old games and deciding what images to use for stickers actually took Sakurai's attention away from designing the characters for the game. Sounds fishy.

Also, consider:

That's the evolution of the Smash roster. What's wrong with that?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
What's done is done. Fact is, we're all going to buy it & more then likely love it.

& if you don't like it, sell it. It's that simple.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
And so you're saying that adding a few demos of old games and deciding what images to use for stickers actually took Sakurai's attention away from designing the characters for the game. Sounds fishy.

Also, consider:

That's the evolution of the Smash roster. What's wrong with that?
Yea the demos took away his attention and dont forget thers like 400 stickers all with different properties and powers, its a whole system within the game that is not needed. And 7 years should have been more than enough time to greatly increase the selling point of the next smash bros game. All you guys are doing is repeating yourselves over and over again.

Disco Ninja Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Nah its just both big announcement areas werent even close to as good as they could have been.
And they never will. That's perfection for you.

Yeah, and if more of the Characters where Unlockables too, I'm sure we'd be even happier with it.

Just little things like that Sakurai, giving us the chance to unlock Dedede and Pokemon Trainer, it would've made the experience so much better.
I detect sarcasm. Must respond.
Seriously, you're acting rather spoiled, deciding that the roster isn't any good without the characters you want in it.

Also, consider:

EDIT:
All you guys are doing is repeating yourselves over and over again.
Ironic.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

It's like, he added in all this stuff which clearly took most of his time, but I, and probably a lot of other people, would be fine with no Stickers and no Masterpieces if it meant no clones, or atleast less Landmaster Tanks.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
agreed.
Brawl is brilliant. It is fine the way it is. Whatever new characters and whatnot, save for smash 4 and hopefully have dlc in smash 4.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Even tho its you're favorite nintendo characters not historic nintendo characters and sakurai said hes making this for the fans not for giving you little tastes of old games that you dont really care for the characters for.
First of all, I said HIS favorite. Not mine. And it was a minor point, anyway.

More importantly, Sakurai never promised you anything. Everything he said was hype. Estimations. Exaggerations and flat-out lies from other people. Do you believe everything you read?

Sorry if I've missed your point somehow, but your grammar is atrocious.

Edit: WE'RE repeating ourselves? That's a good one coming from you.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
What's done is done. Fact is, we're all going to buy it & more then likely love it.

& if you don't like it, sell it. It's that simple.

First of all, I said HIS favorite. Not mine. And it was a minor point, anyway.

More importantly, Sakurai never promised you anything. Everything he said was hype. Estimations. Exaggerations and flat-out lies from other people. Do you believe everything you read?

Sorry if I've missed your point somehow, but your grammar is atrocious.
If i sell that then id haveto sell my wii because its the only game i was looking forward to besides tp but that didnt turn out as good as the old ones either. and i really wont like selling it since i hadto pay extra money to even get it off ebay.

First of all im not here to win a spelling contest and from you arguing i think you can read it so you dont needto mention the grammer:) and i know he didnt promise us anything its just the over hype and the over expectations and his grossly exaggerations that made alot of people very dissapointed.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yea the demos took away his attention and dont forget thers like 400 stickers all with different properties and powers, its a whole system within the game that is not needed. And 7 years should have been more than enough time to greatly increase the selling point of the next smash bros game. All you guys are doing is repeating yourselves over and over again.
Considering the fact that most of the roster + their movesets and data was determined years ago and it doesn't take too much effort to throw old demos into the game, I think you're a little off on that one. Once again, if all they had to do was add *insert one or two favorite characters here*, you probably wouldn't be stratching to complain about the little things.

Oh, and XXXXXX character didn't make it, the roster sux! isn't repetitive? You just don't want to hear the other side of the coin.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I detect sarcasm. Must respond.
Seriously, you're acting rather spoiled, deciding that the roster isn't any good without the characters you want in it.
I'm not being sarcastic, I got Lucario and I'm happy with that.

If the starting Roster was only say, 14, then it would make that 37 Character Roster seem so much better.

EDIT:

Reading back though, I can see how you thought I was being sarcastic.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
It's like, he added in all this stuff which clearly took most of his time, but I, and probably a lot of other people, would be fine with no Stickers and no Masterpieces if it meant no clones, or atleast less Landmaster Tanks.
As other people have pointed out the same thing, I highly doubt that the development put into the inclusion of Masterpieces/Stickers barely had any overlap with the characters. Sakurai knows they're the main selling point of the game, and I hear that he made the roster decision years ago. I simply don't think it's correct to blame Masterpieces/Stickers for the lack of X character, because I'm sure the decisions had already been made by then.

EDIT: The more I see it though, the more the big red Landmaster grows on me :).

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
@ Genodisk

Please don't quote things under my name that were posted by someone else. Thanks :)

It's cool, just take your time posting.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Considering the fact that most of the roster + their movesets and data was determined years ago and it doesn't take too much effort to throw old demos into the game, I think you're a little off on that one. Once again, if all they had to do was add *insert one or two favorite characters here*, you probably wouldn't be stratching to complain about the little things.

Oh, and XXXXXX character didn't make it, the roster sux! isn't repetitive? You just don't want to hear the other side of the coin.
Well it was thrown together years ago but they could have spent another while to make it better instead of spending some of the remainding time making sticker and masterpeices so i dont know what logic you have goin on. AND its about 4 fan favorites that would have made a big part of the games selling point alot better and alot less people would be complaining. again you are repeating yourself.

Please don't quote things under my name that were posted by someone else. Thanks

yeah sorry dont know how to work this thing.

and im not reapeating myself i just stated a fact and you tried to contradict it and i contradicted you, so you kept saying the same thing over and over again.

Disco Ninja Monkey

Smash Apprentice
I'm not being sarcastic, I got Lucario and I'm happy with that.

If the starting Roster was only say, 14, then it would make that 37 Character Roster seem so much better.

EDIT:

Reading back though, I can see how you thought I was being sarcastic.
My mistake. @_@

Well it was thrown together years ago but they could have spent another while to make it better instead of spending some of the remainding time making sticker and masterpeices so i dont know what logic you have goin on. AND its about 4 fan favorites that would have made a big part of the games selling point alot better and alot less people would be complaining. again you are repeating yourself.

Please don't quote things under my name that were posted by someone else. Thanks

yeah sorry dont know how to work this thing.

and im not reapeating myself i just stated a fact and you tried to contradict it and i contradicted you, so you kept saying the same thing over and over again.
No, you are repeating yourself. Also, you prove this thread correct.
I will admit Masterpieces and Stickers weren't really necessary, though.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You're repeating yourself as well, and it's because this argument is old.

They did add to the roster, they put in Sonic. +lots of money there. Sakurai knows the characters are the main selling points, and I'm sure he had to base some of his decisions on that. That said, maybe Geno, Ridley and Krystal aren't as popular in the big picture than you think?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Pluvia isn't a competitive player so I don't get what Dragonbreath is even talking about?

I dunno.

I also don't know why they couldn't just slightly tweak the existing Melee engine. It would have been easier and it was really easy for casuals to play. Granted not as easy as Brawl, but some of the things that make it easier for them could still be in the game without the low hitstun, floatiness, and tripping. W/e all I am saying is that when you buy a sequel you expect the same kind of stuff with more added (like Smash 64 to Melee).

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
You're repeating yourself as well, and it's because this argument is old.

They did add to the roster, they put in Sonic. +lots of money there. Sakurai knows the characters are the main selling points, and I'm sure he had to base some of his decisions on that. That said, maybe Geno, Ridley and Krystal aren't as popular in the big picture than you think?
Yeah sonic was an amazing choice and if him and snake were excluded all hell would break lose and the only reason im repeating myself is because wat i said from the start still proves you wrong (not really wrong but proves me right). And the polls speak for themselves.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah sonic was an amazing choice and if him and snake were excluded all hell would break lose and the only reason im repeating myself is because wat i said from the start still proves you wrong (not really wrong but proves me right). And the polls speak for themselves.
Proof of what? There's nothing any of us can prove here. Could you repeat the statement I seemed to have missed for me?

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
My mistake. @_@

No, you are repeating yourself. Also, you prove this thread correct.
I will admit Masterpieces and Stickers weren't really necessary, though.
Also nothing proves this thread correct, its just a person leaving out a whole bunch of stuff trying to make a point that he cant make because hes leaving out everything. read my first post and it explains everything.

Disco Ninja Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Also nothing proves this thread correct, its just a person leaving out a whole bunch of stuff trying to make a point that he cant make because hes leaving out everything. read my first post and it explains everything.
All it explains is that this thread is still correct. Seriously, have you ever considered reading what you've been typing? The thread title explains your situation.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Take a look at my sig, and note how I'm not complaining about the roster anymore. So tell me, who's in denial?
Your in denial about you being wrong, not in denial about the roster. And now you are at the stage of bringing faulty points to the argument. And im not in denial about the roster im just pissed.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Your in denial about you being wrong, not in denial about the roster. And now you are at the stage of bringing faulty points to the argument. And im not in denial about the roster im just pissed.
How can I be wrong without having been proven wrong? We're not done here yet, and we never will be. Faulty points, like what? Quote me, I implore you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom