• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know about you all, but I like seeing woman in games with skimpy clothing in war.

It's a game, I play it for entertainment. I'd rather look at an interesting design than a realistic design.

Reality sucks. That's why I'm playing a game instead

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I don't know about you all, but I like seeing woman in games with skimpy clothing in war.

It's a game, I play it for entertainment. I'd rather look at an interesting design than a realistic design.

Not sure how to respond to that...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What's cooler than having weapons bounce of your character's *******, saying '*BLINK* No Damage!' huh?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Gross.

Ten.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Except Leaf was actually important to the story in the second generation of FE4, whereas Priam/Paris only has storyline relevance in a spotpass chapter.
Makes it all the easier to make a sequel/spin off if you ask me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah well, they already did their best creating the character anyway. He might as well get a game dedicated to him. And he'd be unique from Ike if only for the fact he throws the damn Ragnell.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ah least they can keep the realism and imangination balanced like the GBA games.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

I want dis...so badly

Also, why couldn't Roy get a descendant?? I wanna see that overpowered sword again.

Only three potential female characters I can see: Micaiah, Lyn, or Lucina.

And Micaiah still is the one that stands out to me, why?

It is not only that I really like the character and that she is still relevant/recent for it but something else. Something that would relate to the other two.

Lyn's double sword fighting style would be better off used for someone like Lloyd Irving, and Lucina is practically a clone of Marth.

Any of the three could work, but double style movesets (almost clones or Luigified possibly for Lucina) seem redundant.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lyn's double sword fighting style would be better off used for someone like Lloyd Irving, and Lucina is practically a clone of Marth.
Does Lyn use double swords in Awakening? She doesn't use double swords in Blazing Sword iirc. Ah, she also uses a bow. (Link clone :troll:)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Does Lyn use double swords in Awakening? She doesn't use double swords in Blazing Sword iirc. Ah, she also uses a bow. (Link clone :troll:)
No. Only her Awakening art portrays her with dual swords.

In fact, dual wielding is impossible in the Fire Emblem games, since, obviously enough, you can only equip one weapon at a time.

But, yeah, one of Lyn's special moves could have her using a bow.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The on map sprite of the swordmaster class has two swords, but when your in combat, your character isn't holding either of those swords. Both are sheathed. Only the equipped sword is used.

They should have just made it so the character was wielding two of whatever sword is equipped, even if it's aesthetic only

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Sequel bait?
Yeah, maybe. That or an FE6 remake. Like, if you're going to make an FE6 remake or whatever, give us some hints along the way. Tease us. I like it when they do that.

And I bet Roy's descendant would look more cooler and handsome/pretty than that Priam/Paris/La capitale de la France/Paras guy...

I'm just joking...no hard feelings. It's not that I don't like the guy, it's just that I'm not a big fan of his overall design.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also, why couldn't Roy get a descendant?? I wanna see that overpowered sword again.
And I bet Roy's descendant would look more cooler and handsome/pretty than that Priam/Paris/La capitale de la France/Paras guy...

I'm just joking...no hard feelings. It's not that I don't like the guy, it's just that I'm not a big fan of his overall design.
As an Ike fan, do I detect jealousy? :smirk:

But anyway I find it rather disappointing that Marth/Ike (and Alm if we want to count Walhart) were the only ones with descendants. Honestly it probably would have made for a more interesting, and understandable plot than FE13, would have also made sense given FE13 was more or less the FE All Stars game IS pitched a while back.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait, Walhart is descended from Alm? Where did you hear this?
In game he's said to be the second coming of Alm, which is why I said "if we want to count Walhart." As further reference, he was said to act the way he does because he doesn't have a "Celica" to make him more gentle.

Funny thing is, Walhart is very similar to Alm in terms of personality and hating gods (lots of Gaiden references).

EDIT: shinpichu ninja'd me. :p

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In game he's said to be the second coming of Alm, which is why I said "if we want to count Walhart." As further reference, he was said to act the way he does because he doesn't have a "Celica" to make him more gentle.

Funny thing is, Walhart is very similar to Alm in terms of personality and hating gods (lots of Gaiden references).

EDIT: shinpichu ninja'd me. :p
Okay, I forgot. However, I am not sure if that means he is really a blood descendant of Alm, or if its more "in spirit". He definitely looks nothing like Alm.

As for the earlier question of the descendants of other lords, they are probably living on the same continents as their ancestors, so that is probably why they didn't show up. At least for Priam, there is a plausible reason why he showed up in Akaneia because Ike left Tellius and sailed for lands unknown at the end of FE10.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
As an Ike fan, do I detect jealousy? :smirk:
Yes, unfortunately. :( Don't get me wrong, I am fan of Ike and all, but I agree that it would have been more interesting if a lot more lords got descendants...and it would be really cool, to tell you the truth.

Like all the descendants from the various heroes and continents come together, and despite their differences, they work together to stop the forces of evil. Whoa, off to write another fanfic!~

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I want dis...so badly

Cause throwing the Sword of Seals would be even weirder than Ike and Priam throwing the Ragnell. :smirk:

Also, Ike is generally much more popular and awesome than Roy. Even though Roy is still awesome in his own rights.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well, that's true, but still. Wouldn't mind seeing him again so to say. And I bet he made up having to throw Ragnell as a ranged weapon as well. Jus look at that smirk, you KNOW he did it.
They used the throwing animation because they were too lazy to make a new animation for Ragnell...it's not intended and that's for sure because it's just their for the fan-service. Paris is there for is there for no apparent reason, I don't think an Easter egg will get that much work on it...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They used the throwing animation because they were too lazy to make a new animation for Ragnell...it's not intended and that's for sure because it's just their for the fan-service. Paris is there for is there for no apparent reason, I don't think an Easter egg will get that much work on it...
Such a compelling argument.

Levin Swords say hi. And who's to say Priam isn't a sort of teaser for a Fire Emblem game that is to the Tellius saga like what Awakening was for the Akaneia saga? Not taking it as granted, but considering the possibility.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you have proof for this statement?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Probably cause the only two ranged swords in this game are apperantly a throwing sword, and the Levin Sword, which shoots lightning. Almost would prefer Ragnell shooting lightning now actually. :/ The developers where just lazy yeah. Wish they had Wind Edges and Tempest Blades, those would work easy for Ragnell's ranged attack

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Such a compelling argument.

Levin Swords say hi. And who's to say Priam isn't a sort of teaser for a Fire Emblem game that is to the Tellius saga like what Awakening was for the Akaneia saga? Not taking it as granted, but considering the possibility.
Levin Sword doesnt have a slashing animation...it's just plain laziness, they used the Amatsu animation for Ragnell...I don't think they paid much thought on the animation...after all it's not the only mistake done by the animation team... Tbh even though I love that game, but I think they had to loose alot of Fire Emblem spirit to make it.

Edit: I think it's something that has to do with stats, if the weapon damage is supplied by the magic stat it strikes lightning, in the other hand if the weapon damage supplied by the strength stat than it get thrown.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The DLC seems like a rushed idea. They could've make it 1000 x as awesome as it is, and it's kind of a shame they didn't do what we all expected them to do... Yet, considering this is their first effort, it's done quite well. Hopefully this won't discourage them from fleshing it out much more.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I had posted this before:
The mercenary's critical hit animation (in the GBA games) is a lot similar to Aether

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes, I noticed that to. And in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery, the Hero's critical also looks earily similar to Aether.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I had posted this before:
The mercenary's critical hit animation (in the GBA games) is a lot similar to Aether
That's because Ike took the place of the mercenary class in the tellius series. Thats why there are no mercenaries in those game and why Ike's father is the only hero class in the game. Aether was 100% based on the mercenary crit.

D

Deleted member

No. Only her Awakening art portrays her with dual swords.

In fact, dual wielding is impossible in the Fire Emblem games, since, obviously enough, you can only equip one weapon at a time.

But, yeah, one of Lyn's special moves could have her using a bow.
To be fair, artwork works just as well when it comes to possible fighting styles.
Take Fox's Blaster for example. He never held one out in Star Fox 64, yet his artwork had him holding it. And it was then used in Smash.
So while dual wielding is impossible, the fact Lyn's artwork HAS her dual wielding is enough for it to be a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom