• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't know where the "Roy is not popular among FE fans" comes from. At least in Japan, he got at the top of two official polls in regards to Fire Emblem characters (ranked as the most popular character from his own game for a poll dealing with FE6, and ranked as the most popular character for a poll regarding the entire GBA FE trilogy).
I just didn't comment on his FE fanaticism due to not having the evidence to see how popular he is in that aspect.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Among casual players, Roy's sweet spot was easier to hit (which was among the reasons why he was more popular among them). However, due to Melee being so rushed, the balance for the game overall was pretty botched, which is why Roy does not measure up well to Marth for competitive play.

I think even if Roy was only luigi-fied slightly (see Falco), he would still be very well received so long as he played differently (again see Falco compared to Fox) and was balanced correctly.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, Roy has one of the best Star KO screams: "WOOOOOHWAAAAAAAAH!" Funny, but breaks my heart whenever I hear it. jk jk.

I'd be fine if Roy was luigified somewhat like Falco. I don't really care at this point, whether he'll be luigified or revamped if he gets in. Or should I say I'm not focusing on that aspect. Right now I'm just hoping that he gets, and I'll think about the rest later. I'm kinda single-minded like that lol.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I only want Roy to keep teh phir3. Specifically the up and neutral B. :bee:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I only cared about Roy in melee before I learned he was a lower tier than Marth. I initially thought he was the stronger character since he was an unlockable, and because his attacks had fire.

Upon learning he wasn't, I stopped caring about him, back in the day.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I cared for for Roy, because he's fun to play as. I hardly care about tiers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I only played as Sheik anyway, with a second of Samus

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All Star KO screams are funny. The first time I've seen it happen when I first played Melee as a child, I immediatly though of Team Rocket in the Pokémon anime.

I did say all Star KO screams are funny, but Roy was funnier. Zelda's in Melee and Falcon's in Brawl are also among the funniest.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
This is what I think will happen:

Ike and Marth Remain....

but the thing that I pretty much think will be in Smash 4 for sure is costumes:

So Ike, Chrom and Priam (Paris) can easily take one slot...

and Marth, "M.Marth" and Roy take the other slot...

and maybe have the Tactician as the true FE 13 rep... He can use magic and swords... "the Hooded version"

his moveset can be really awesome to:

Normal B: Thunder> Arcthunder> Thoron (fully charged)

Up B: Wind Magic to lift him up he blows under him

Down B: Fire Emblem counter...but he retaliate with Fire Magic instead.

Side B: Arcfire dose the damage diagonally...

Final Smash: is a spoiler....so I can't say it...

Note : I think Priam or Paris has a big shot of making it in because he might the next game Protagonist....and his existence tells you how much Ike is important to the series...

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I like what you said but I don't think Priam is going anywhere
I think he serves a tribute to ike not so much as a future main character.

Playable: Marth, Micaiah, Ike, and Chrom
AT: Sheeda and Sothe
Boss: Something from Awakening

-Marth would be sword only
-Micaiah is the mage (Light, Anima, & Dark)
-Ike uses a sword and axe
-Chrom uses a sword and lance

-Sheeda comes in on her Pegasus and attacks the players a little bit before calling in the rest of the Pegasus Knights to storm the stage.
-Sothe does the occasional attacking but his main purpose is being a thief, if he touches/attacks a player he steals something from them. This could be an item or even some life. Sothe then goes back to the player who summoned him to give them his treasures. Players can attack him to get them back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth, Ike, Chrom, Roy.

Marth remains cause he's Marth.
Ike remains cause of continued importance in the series, and a Brawl character with an unique moveset and popularity. Should be buffed up to become a 'real' heavy weight. And use Axes (Urvan) somewhere in his moveset (F Smash - as a double hit with Ragnell and Urvan for example). Should use Ragnell ranged as well ( shoot beams Ike, don't throw the damn thing :glare: )
Chrom get's in cause, well, he's Chrom. Moveset would be a mix in between Marth's graceful style and Ike's rough style. And judging by his sword, he could have more range in his moves as well as both.
Roy could return cause of Melee popularity, and being introduced to the West now properly with Awakening and SmT x FE. Very much requested, and could be an easier to add character than most cause of him originating as Marth's clone.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would say: Lissa, Aversa, Nowi and Panne

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looking back, I found a lot of the fanservice to FE13 quite disturbing. I really hope they tone it back for the next game, but I think due to FE13's success, they will go even further with it. A while ago I mentioned the tasteless design for the female black mages, however, I can't believe I forgot Nowi/Nono. She looks like a pre-pubescent girl in lingerie, and to make perverts and freaks feel that there is "nothing wrong" with this, they have her be over 1,000 years old. Its really disturbing.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looking back, I found a lot of the fanservice to FE13 quite disturbing. I really hope they tone it back for the next game, but I think due to FE13's success, they will go even further with it. A while ago I mentioned the tasteless design for the female black mages, however, I can't believe I forgot Nowi/Nono. She looks like a pre-pubescent girl in lingerie, and to make perverts and freaks feel that there is "nothing wrong" with this, they have her be over 1,000 years old. Its really disturbing.
It's a bit saddening but at least, many of the characters keep their integrity (personality wise). The black mage thing never really bothered me though that much though. Not sure why. Maybe because dark=temptation in my mind. I don't know. I'd prefer if they went back to more modest character designs.

Nowi and Michiah need more clothes though. ASAP.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
FE13's designs truly are a stark contrast when compared to the (relatively) more realistic designs from previous FE games.

The Armor Knights and Generals look ridiculous in FE13.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The fanservice is that bad in Awakening, eh? But yeah, don't get me stared on Nowi. You're not the only one that finds her disturbing. What ever happened to women being clothed and wearing armour (since, you know, they're in war)? But no, we got some wearing skimpy outfits and, not only that, in sexualized poses. I'm not going to rant about it here, I'm not like that...And I don't have the energy as well lol.

Well, I'm just happy that Roy's redesign turned out great (I was holding my breath on this one, no joke).

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm not sure I like the new portrait artist who I assume is responsible for all the changes in character design and style. FE11 and FE12 had a problem with their characters looking emotionless and plain but retained the typical fire emblem armor look. It seems like for this game they overcompensated by having flashy outfits.
Of course its not all bad. Plenty of it I'm okay with. Just certain designs like nowi, aversa, and walhart bother me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They hired a different artist for this game, yes.

The designer is Yusuke Kozaki, also known for his work in No More Heroes.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On the topic of Chrom, the FE fanbase's reception of him seems to be ho-hum or mixed. They just seem to regard him as "just another lord" with nothing really about him that stands out. I think if Chrom were not the most recent lord, he would probably fall down the memory hall rather quickly.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Off topic :

I hope Fire Emblem 14 to become a mix of these 4 games:

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn:

The scope of Tellius is pretty huge, the Storyline and the Lore is the best in the series...and I want the game to be as long as Radiant Dawn

Fire Emblem 5 :

The gameplay in that game is amazing, even the game is unforgivably hard still it makes you come back for more, they need to have the hardest mode during the storyline to have limited supplies.

Fire Emblem Gaiden/2:

This game is really amazing, it did alot of thing before it's time, it will be really awesome when you go to a store in the map, you actually can control the main character freely in 3rd person view.

Fire Emblem 13:

The Freedom in this game is awesome, they need give you the ability to do whatever you want after you finish the game...

Finally they need to include Online battles.... it's so disappointing that FE13 didn't have it, because it was so damn perfect for online battles...

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I think chrom is pretty great but I can see where your coming from saying that hes not as memorable as some of the other lords. But I believe there's an easy explanation to that. Past fire emblem games had their star and everything that happened in that game revolved around that character. Awakening also focused a lot around your own character. The story focused around you and chrom rather than just chrom.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
My guess is that if there is a third representative: it will be Chrom as a psuedo-clone of Marth.

Sakurai seems to be OK with psuedo-clones. And Chrom is the new guy. They can give him properties that Roy had such as a stronger sweetspot at the base of the sword.

This is just a guess. I would prefer only two FE reps.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
My guess is that if there is a third representative: it will be Chrom as a psuedo-clone of Marth.

Sakurai seems to be OK with psuedo-clones. And Chrom is the new guy. They can give him properties that Roy had such as a stronger sweetspot at the base of the sword.

This is just a guess. I would prefer only two FE reps.
TBH I wouldn't mind having 2 reps only, after all the two character are perfect, one is super strong , the other is very fast....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think Chrom would fit the 'super strong' role. Ike does that best, by far. Hence why I think they'll keep Ike, and add Chrom as a middle in the road character. I feel Ike's chances of staying are really good.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I care, cause he's a descendant from Ike. Which is a great throwback to Ike in general, and extra nice, cause Chrom is a descendant of Marth. Don't know for sure if he's gonna be the Lord of the next FE game, but I sure wouldn't mind if he was.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Who even cares about that ugly Priam/Paris/Prius/whatever his gross name is.
Paris is his Japanese name. His name was chosen because Paris was Ike's name in the early development stages of Path of Radiance.
Once again I doubt Priam will return as the protagonist. Hes more of an Easter egg. If they intended any more than that I think they would have had him appear in the main story line.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But he's so... 'Out there'. You know? And he could work very well as the 'Leaf' of Awakening.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
But he's so... 'Out there'. You know? And he could work very well as the 'Leaf' of Awakening.
Except Leaf was actually important to the story in the second generation of FE4, whereas Priam/Paris only has storyline relevance in a spotpass chapter.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, that's true, but still. Wouldn't mind seeing him again so to say. And I bet he made up having to throw Ragnell as a ranged weapon as well. Jus look at that smirk, you KNOW he did it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know about you all, but I like seeing woman in games with skimpy clothing in war.

It's a game, I play it for entertainment. I'd rather look at an interesting design than a realistic design.

Reality sucks. That's why I'm playing a game instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom