• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
お知らせしておきます。6月11日23時配信のNintendo Directで、新作『スマブラ』の映像が初披露となります。世界同時、ここが初! お見逃しなく。
Translation:I have an announcement. During the Nintendo Direct to be broadcast from 11PM on the night of June 11th, the first trailer of the new entry in the 'Super Smash Bros." series will be broadcast. For the first time, simultaneously across the world! Do not miss it.
source: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/342612212621398016

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Anyways, I know we are getting a SMT X FE and all, but what franchise would rather have a crossover with FE or your fine with this? Personally, if it had to be a Nintendo Franchise than Zelda, third party, Soul Calibur.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Don't get too excited. IGN listed the quote as this.
"Please take note: on the Nintendo Direct broadcast on June 11, we will be showing the first images of our new Smash Bros - simultaneously, worldwide, at the same time." Note that the wording that directly translates to "images" could also be interpreted as "clips," so it's not out of the questions that we'll actually see first footage for this game come next week.
Which doesn't really change much. But I think a trailer is still very likely. A reveal for a game like this probably wont be done with just screen shots.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/smash-bros-creator-hypes-mondays-nintendo-direct

•Col•

Smash Champion
^Dunno why you would hype so much over an Ike confirmation since he's close to being a given at this point...

It would be like freaking out and going crazy if MARIO is in the SSB4 trailer.

EDIT: Anyway, doubting ANY Fire Emblem characters will appear in the trailer.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
^Dunno why you would hype so much over an Ike confirmation since he's close to being a given at this point...

It would be like freaking out and going crazy if MARIO is in the SSB4 trailer.

EDIT: Anyway, doubting ANY Fire Emblem characters will appear in the trailer.
If its gonna be anyone it would likely be Chrom. If anyone else were to make it they wouldn't be well known enough to be in the trailer. Even putting Chrom in the trailer is pushing it.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Because nobody has any idea who the hell Marth is at this point, am I right?
He wouldn't be a newcomer though. The veterans they will show are going to be only 4 or 5 and the newcomers will get a similar amount. Out of all the newcomers Marth has a no chance of being one of those few, but Chrom could be prestigious enough to be in the few newcomers. It's a completely different ballpark for Chrom and Marth.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well for a newcomer being revealed, that would be Chrom solely because some people are at least familiar with that character.

Most drab reveal ever...

D

Deleted member

He wouldn't be a newcomer though. The veterans they will show are going to be only 4 or 5 and the newcomers will get a similar amount. Out of all the newcomers Marth has a no chance of being one of those few, but Chrom could be prestigious enough to be in the few newcomers. It's a completely different ballpark for Chrom and Marth.
I wouldn't be surprised if we get more than five veterans. Samus is pretty much going to appear in the likely case Ridley is revealed at E3 and Pit will also be confirmed along with Palutena in the likely case the latter is shown at the trailer. Donkey Kong also has a shot of being confirmed (I could see DK and Little Mac being pit together in a fight like in the Punch-Out!! Wii game).

But Fire Emblem related, a FE character is doubtful and if we do get one, it'll be Marth.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if we get more than five veterans. Samus is pretty much going to appear in the likely case Ridley is revealed at E3 and Pit will also be confirmed along with Palutena in the likely case the latter is shown at the trailer. Donkey Kong also has a shot of being confirmed (I could see DK and Little Mac being pit together in a fight like in the Punch-Out!! Wii game).

But Fire Emblem related, a FE character is doubtful and if we do get one, it'll be Marth.
It doesn't necessarily have to work in that samus is fighting Ridley since they are from the same game. In the last games trailer the series were irrelavent and they just put the newcomers and characters that they wanted in the trailer and had them duke it out. If I were doing the trailer I would do something similar. It gives it more the feel of one unified fighting game than how it would be if we saw samus facing off with Ridley or pit and palutena being all friendly together. I do think that samus and pit could also be in the trailer. But they don't have to be with their counterparts.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
No matter if you want Lyn or Roy. Chrom or Lucina. Black Knight or anyone else. You may see a new Fire Emblem character in a few hours. It may be one you want, it may be one you don't. Regardless, let's hope we see someone.

Good luck.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Gee, FE is one of the tersest series to speculate for. Whether we see any one of our favorite blue-haired swordsmen or a different character within the new trailer or not, good luck. So hope for a staff, axe, or magic user to be included.

No Walhart support. ;c;

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I doubt we will see a FE character today but I hope we do. Not because I want another one.... rather just so it puts an end to the incessant repetitive arguing that always goes on about it around here :chuckle:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't expect a Fire Emblem character in the trailer, which makes me excited for the dojo. :grin:

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
Personally, I expect Marth to stay as the Veteran. I doubt it will happen, but Ephraim would be my pick. Every FE rep thus far has used a sword, and his style of fighting is unusual. His lance gives him longer reach than Marth, perhaps at the expense of power or speed. Ike and Roy can be DLC.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I don't expect a Fire Emblem character in the trailer, which makes me excited for the dojo. :grin:
Your prediction was correct.
Hey, we did see Renga Ferox though! Cool stage.
Is this really true now...?
Yes, sadly.
Ike and Roy can be DLC.
I agree completely, DLC is really the ultimate argument end I'd say here. Why can't we just have all the characters?
It's not like it's THAT important or high a status to be in the base game when you just get in later.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I'm busy, I don't have much time to type my thoughts on e3 but I will later. I just wanted to point out in the first trailer, around :58, mario runs through an arena that seems to be modeled after arena ferox. I think there's an extremely strong chance that chroms in the game. It might end up being that Ike is on the Wii U version while Chroms on the 3ds. Sakurai did say both systems will have the same number of characters but never said they will share the same ones (wii fit trainer does not have any 3ds screen shots).

Critics will probably say this means nothing but I think chrom has a very very high chance of being a newcomer at this point.
Edit: Ninja'd. God dang it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
While I don't believe the Arena Ferox stage necessarily increases Chrom's chances, but stage looks awesome. I wanted a neutral Fire Emblem stage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Or no specific FE character but just to represent FE in general with a popular location from a popular game. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That could easily work. But seeing as Fire Emblem never had a specific stage, I do think this hints at a playable blue haired Lord character from Awakening.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I tend to disagree with those who think that the unveiling of the Ferox Arena will have no effect on an Awakening character's chances for becoming a playable fighter. My only concern is that we probably won't get an Awakening themed stage on Wii U since Sakurai wants to keep stages based of of Wii U/3DS games separate. Regardless, this does increase Chrom's chances of being included as a playable character.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Arena Ferox as a stage is a good thing to see. But regarding stages, are those limited only to console exclusives? Anyway, cheers for an Fire Emblem stage revealed at day one.

•Col•

Smash Champion
http://kotaku.com/dont-expect-a-lot-of-third-party-characters-in-the-nex-513203533

And what about returning characters? I knew Sakurai wouldn't want to get too specific—Nintendo likes to announce characters for their big mascot fighting series with a dripfeed of news on the Smash Bros. Dojo website—but should fans expect all of their favorites from Melee and Brawl?

"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS," Sakurai said. The 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Smash Bros will have the same library of characters.
People are going to be attacking Chrom/Roy/Lucina/Anna and even Ike a lot more now for a Smash 4 character slot. :/

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Arena ferox doesn't raise chroms chances? That's like saying unveiling king k's battleship (or whatever) wouldn't raise his chances. In other words, bogus. You are in denial people. IMO and it seems like a pretty solid one, Chrom is the second most likely newcomer behind mewtwo and a little in front of palutena.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Arena ferox doesn't raise chroms chances? That's like saying unveiling king k's battleship (or whatever) wouldn't raise his chances. In other words, bogus. You are in denial people. IMO and it seems like a pretty solid one, Chrom is the second most likely newcomer behind mewtwo and a little in front of palutena.
I don't know that he is THAT likely, but he is definitely more likely based off of that.

I really, REALLY hope they don't cut Ike...

We LIKE Ike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom