• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Bowser doesn't use a sword. :estatic:

Now, now, I have played the whole GBA saga, and FE9. So am I not a "true" Fire Emblem fan?

Thing is, you have to give more attention to the entire Smash fanbase and not just those who have played Fire Emblem. I would disagree that most Smash fans don't care about Fire Emblem at all. If that truly was the case, why did the cutting of Roy cause so much backlash. And why is he doing so well on the polls, even ahead of characters like Palutena who has almost nothing going against her?

See above.

While I understand what you are getting at, I don't think the FE fanbase should be prioritized about the Smash fanbase as a whole.
Well I don't think I ever said you weren't a fire emblem fan, I'm just saying it comes first hand from a fire emblem fan such as myself.

People cared about Roy getting cut because he is a smash character, not because they liked him from fire emblem. How could they? Anyone from America couldn't have even played Roy's game unless they use emulators which Nintendo definetly does not support. He's also doing so well on the polls because people miss his fire sword from smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
People cared about Roy getting cut because he is a smash character, not because they liked him from fire emblem. How could they? Anyone from America couldn't have even played Roy's game unless they use emulators which Nintendo definetly does not support. He's also doing so well on the polls because people miss his fire sword from smash.
Yes, it is true that Roy derives most of his popularity from Melee. I don't think that's a negative, though. Think about it. People would be more excited by his reappearance in Smash than a possible remake of his game, lol.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I actually agree with Noler_Mass.

Sure I don't mind seeing Roy again in smash 4. But I'd be pretty disappointed if all we get from the Fire Emblem series are Marth, Ike and Roy. Aka the same faces from previous smash games. Sure he can join, but please add another Fire Emblem newcomer alongside them, Lyn, Chrom, Eirika, etc.

Anyone who was a main hero/heroine (plus Lucina and Anna) would do just fine (for me at least).

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah I actually agree with Noler_Mass.

Sure I don't mind seeing Roy again in smash 4. But I'd be pretty disappointed if all we get from the Fire Emblem series are Marth, Ike and Roy. Aka the same faces from previous smash games. Sure he can join, but please add another Fire Emblem newcomer alongside them, Lyn, Chrom, Eirika, etc.

Anyone who was a main hero/heroine (plus Lucina and Anna) would do just fine (for me at least).
Yeah, I won't rage if Roy gets in, I didn't even miss him during Brawl. I want to see characters who would play interestingly, mainly Lyn.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
After Ike's inclusion (Though Ike is arguably more interesting than most, if not all fE lords) and seeing how much of clones Roy and Marth differentiate, I think really any FE character could be made to play interesting.

inb4everyonehatesandputstheirfavorite FE lord instead above all others.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was largely a silent Lyn supporter when I came to this site. Well, seeing a good amount of Lyn supporters here, I think I should start supporting her more openly.

For me, Marth = Ike > Lyn > Roy > Anna > Chrom = Lucina = Robin

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
If I were to make the FE Roster I'd honestly probably go with Marth and Ike (the lords that capitalize the series) and then someone from Awakening. Chrom/Robin duo actually could be one of the more interesting characters in Smash, and I could see Lucina at least as an alt working (Or giving Marth the mask)

Though if we're just talking wants, Roy in his new design isn't bad, and I like Lief and Ephriam.
I was largely a silent Lyn supporter when I came to this site. Well, seeing a good amount of Lyn supporters here, I think I should start supporting her more openly.

For me, Marth = Ike > Lyn > Roy > Anna > Chrom = Lucina = Robin
Hey, keep your support open man. I support Masked Man even though I don't think he'll make it, but I don't get unnoticed. I'm hoping to even show people how good of a character he'd be.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Yes, it is true that Roy derives most of his popularity from Melee. I don't think that's a negative, though. Think about it. People would be more excited by his reappearance in Smash than a possible remake of his game, lol.
I'm not saying that any of this is making his chances slimmer, I'm just saying its a disservice to the fans of fire emblem. I know that they are the minority, but think of them more as the experts on the field. People may have been a bit sad with Roy's removal but they liked Ike too so really it ended up okay. For people who don't know about the characters, as long as they play and look cool they are alright with it. But the fans know the characters so they know if the character really deserves it or not. Bear with me here because I am currently in the middle of path of radiance and just did this chapter. But what if the random boss Schaeffer from fire emblem were to make it? He would look cool and have a killer moveset with bows and axes and maybe a move like peach's toad except with a priest, and smash fans would be happy with him. But fire emblem fans would see that he is one of the most pointless fire emblem characters ever and would be outraged. So while they might be the minority, I still think sakurai should listen to them and give them at least one new fire emblem character. I don't mind if Roy is the fourth or not. Also I've said before that I think Ike should get cut, but playing through path of radiance I take that back, Ike is the best.

EDIT: is that picture current? Cuz chroms not on it... Either way it's an awesome picture!!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Shortie's Poll Update for Fire Emblem characters:

Marth 784
Ike 611
Roy 486
Chrom 331
Lyn 249
Lucina 226
Anna 165
Tharja 123
Micaiah 112
Eirika 105
Tiki 97
Robin (FE:A Avatar) 96
Hector 89
Ephraim 70
Caeda 60
Eliwood 50
Walhart 44
Elincia 43
Leaf 36
Sigurd 29
Narbarl 14

Now for Assist Trophies

Black Knight (Fire Emblem) 145
Lyn (Fire Emblem) 144
Chrom (Fire Emblem) 110
Micaiah (Fire Emblem) 90

And lastly, Bosses:

Black Knight (Fire Emblem)121

Does anyone want to do an analysis?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Shortie's Poll Update for Fire Emblem characters:

Marth 784
Ike 611
Roy 486
Chrom 331
Lyn 249
Lucina 226
Anna 165
Tharja 123
Micaiah 112
Eirika 105
Tiki 97
Robin (FE:A Avatar) 96
Hector 89
Ephraim 70
Caeda 60
Eliwood 50
Walhart 44
Elincia 43
Leaf 36
Sigurd 29
Narbarl 14

Now for Assist Trophies

Black Knight (Fire Emblem) 145
Lyn (Fire Emblem) 144
Chrom (Fire Emblem) 110
Micaiah (Fire Emblem) 90

And lastly, Bosses:

Black Knight (Fire Emblem)121

Does anyone want to do an analysis?
I'm surprised Navarre is still getting votes. I wonder how many people are either trolling or think he's somebody else.

Also, kinda surprised how well the BK in the non-character department.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I am happily surprised that Tiki is doing as well as she is. Although, I feel she should have been on the AT Poll as well, but oh well. Manaketes ftw.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I am mostly surprised to see Tharja doing that well on the poll.

Now seriously, she is more demanded than Micaiah, Eirika, Ephraim and Hector?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not to mention, Cordelia apparently has an inferiority complex when it comes to her boobs, apparently. The breastplate is supposedly a misleading sham.

...The more you know?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Did anyone forget about Cordelia?
The best part about her body was her waist, I'd say her beauty was not really show in the fanservice DLC, nor Tharja. That being said I don't like fanservice in the first place.
But Anna. . . mmmmmh, dat.
Not to mention, Cordelia apparently has an inferiority complex when it comes to her boobs, apparently. The breastplate is supposedly a misleading sham.
Wait, where did you get this? Also, her breastplate seems proportional to me, have you noticed that the upper/inner part isn't as, er, full? They're more like perky, smaller breasts. She also has a good posture for that. I don't like girl's postures in Japanese things, they're always too tense and unnatural.

Look at dat.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait, where did you get this? Also, her breastplate seems proportional to me, have you noticed that the upper/inner part isn't as, er, full? They're more like perky, smaller breasts. She also has a good posture for that. I don't like girl's postures in Japanese things, they're always too tense and unnatural.

Apparently it's in the Beach DLC. Of course, most people were looking at things that weren't in the text boxes. ;)

EDIT: For clarification, my brother downloaded the Beach DLC for me as a gag gift, but I did find some of the conversations funny.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh no, it actually is my game. My brother just decided to be...himself, at that point in time.

That and the Beach Battle theme kicks ass.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
STOP OBSESSING OVER FICTIONAL WOMEN

Like, Sheesh. You don't see me doing the same for men, gosh.

I'm just joking. ;) You're all awesome.

You know, I'm kinda hoping that they'll reveal a FE newcomer in the trailer (actually, I'm kinda desperate lol). I'm mean, it's not to say we won't get 4 FE characters, it's just that if Chrom, Roy, Lucina/whatever, is revealed, it might help with these FE debates...or it could make things worse...you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom