• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I REALLY hope they put Roy AND Chrom in 4. Chrom simply because Awakening was my first Fire Emblem game, and I like him, regardless of whether he is "boring" compared to other lords. Not that that makes him any more likely.

I think if any lord were to be made important by SMT X FE, they would have to clearly play a larger role in the story to be justifiable for Smash Bros. Hence why I believe the only REAL competition for Smash at this point is Roy v. Chrom. MAYBE the tactician, but I don't see it happening.
This, This, and THIS.
After Roy Vs. Chrom, I'd say Lyn, Robin, Lucina, and Anna all compete for a 5th spot.

So on alternate costumes, how do these sound?
Ike as Priam/Ephraim
Marth as Lucina/Roy/Chrom/Other Lord
Lyn as Lucina/Eirika
Lucina as Masked Marth/Lyn/Celica/Eirika
Roy as Eliwood/Chrom/Ike/Other Lord
Anna as her other family members

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As long as it isn't a full on swap i'd be fine with it. The issue I have with it is picturing Chrom as a swap for Marth. Marth's stance would not fit Chrom at ALL. I think if Marth just took on some armor similar to Chrom, that would be much better. Same thing with everyone else too.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Fredrick, please stop.
Not sure whether this is directed at me. However, if it is, I don't see why me liking Chrom is such a big problem. So I like him. It doesn't make him any more likely for Smash Bros.

I'm not going to criticize somebody for liking something different from me. I'm not even pressing it on anyone. I'm just stating my opinion.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Not sure whether this is directed at me. However, if it is, I don't see why me liking Chrom is such a big problem. So I like him. It doesn't make him any more likely for Smash Bros.

I'm not going to criticize somebody for liking something different from me. I'm not even pressing it on anyone. I'm just stating my opinion.
Don't worry habanero just reeeeeally hates Chrom. What I think will happen is that Marth Chrom and Ike will be in the game with unique movesets and Roy will be used as a last minute clone again like in Melee and like he was planned to be in brawl. I think that if something similar to sonic happens with smash 4 he could once again get cut but if not he will be a last minute clone. I really strongly believe this will happen, no matter how much I want to see ephraim, hector or the black knight.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
As far as villains go... maybe an alternate costume to show Grima possessing a certain someone?

That could be easy and cool. I wouldn't mind seeing Walhart with that vicious axe, but I guess he's not super popular... and I guess his character design is a bit goofy with those horns. FE just needs an interesting reoccurring (humanoid) villain.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
As far as villains go... maybe an alternate costume to show Grima possessing a certain someone?

That could be easy and cool. I wouldn't mind seeing Walhart with that vicious axe, but I guess he's not super popular... and I guess his character design is a bit goofy with those horns. FE just needs an interesting reoccurring (humanoid) villain.
Getting a recurring villain in the FE series would ruin the idea of it. I like how most of the time you're fighting against a completely different person at the end and they all have different motives.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know, when I played Fire emblem Awakening, I actually thought that Lucina was the bland one. Chrom was actually pretty cool. Don't kill me, Lucina fans, I still like her though. ^^;.

I really don't mind Chrom. I'd be more than happy to see him in smash, wether he comes along with Lucina or not.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
You know, when I played Fire emblem Awakening, I actually thought that Lucina was the bland one. Chrom was actually pretty cool. Don't kill me, Lucina fans, I still like her though. ^^;.

I really don't mind Chrom. I'd be more than happy to see him in smash, wether he comes along with Lucina or not.
Lucina and Chrom are BOTH bland. This coming from the biggest FE fan you'll ever meet. Not as bland as Marth though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lucina and Chrom are BOTH bland. This coming from the biggest FE fan you'll ever meet. Not as bland as Marth though.

Meh, I don't know how Marth is like in his own game so I can't give my opinion to him (or any of the other characters in the series for that matter). But I actually thought that Chrom had a pretty nice personality, especially during the characters conversations but meh. Opinions eh? >_>

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I kinda am, and their both bland to me, but the reason why I support Lucina is the female thing, same reason with Lyn. Don't say I need a better reason, I just want a Female FE character, anything wrong with that. Actually Lucina made more interested in Marth also.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
When people talk about blandness, I don't think they're talking about personality. Both chrom and lucina have distinct personalities, granted they only venture as far from the stereotypical FE lord/leader as any other lord but its there nonetheless. I suppose what they mean to talk about is the details that surround each character that make them interesting. Chrom and Lucina should be considered interesting, but because Chrom, Lucina and loosely Marth cover the same circumstance of their position, they aren't credited with these traits being applied to their character. That is being an exalted king with the sword falchion and all that.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I don't know how Marth is like in his own game so I can't give my opinion to him. But I actually thought that Chrom had a pretty nice personality, especially during the characters conversations but meh. Opinions eh? >_>
He has a nice personality, but that's what makes him bland. Everything he says is so expected and normal and there's nothing special about him. He plays the role of level-headed hero well.

I kinda am, and their both bland to me, but the reason why I support Lucina is the female thing, same reason with Lyn. Don't say I need a better reason, I just want a Female FE character, anything wrong with that. Actually Lucina made more interested in Marth also.
Lucina has a decent shot I'd say, especially because she's a girl. I'd rather Micaiah, but her time has passed with Brawl, leaving Lucina as really the only choice for a girl FE rep.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
When people talk about blandness, I don't think they're talking about personality. Both chrom and lucina have distinct personalities, granted they only venture as far from the stereotypical FE lord/leader as any other lord but its there nonetheless. I suppose what they mean to talk about is the details that surround each character that make them interesting. Chrom and Lucina should be considered interesting, but because Chrom, Lucina and loosely Marth cover the same circumstance of their position, they aren't credited with these traits being applied to their character. That is being an exalted king with the sword falchion and all that.
I guess that's why Ike and Hector are so popular.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Oh is that what they meant. I thought they were talking in terms of personality in which case I'd have to say I liked Chrom's better than Lucina since she felt a little too "doom and gloom" for my taste (which is understandable seeing the **** she went through in her future but yeah).

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Basically my feelings. I'd like to see one of them or both of them.

As far as characters, Marth actually isn't that bland. One of my favorite things about the Fire Emblem games is the personalities of the characters. Each of them has their own charm. Which is why I especially like Awakening, with support conversations the characters are fully explored. In past FE games, the lord was the only character fleshed out...sometimes (looking at you, Sigurd). In terms of Marth, he's very noble and elegant. He's not the greatest character ever but unique enough to hold my attention.
I think consideration should also be made to the technical hardware. Marth starred in the first FE game on the NES. Gameplay was most likely took priority than the story. I still think they did a great job with the writing in the game, given what they had to work with. Now with the technology improving, story lines are much more immersive. Ike and Eliwood are great characters, although Ike was a little boring in Radiant Dawn.
I am confused about the consensus of Chrom, though. Awakening is by far the most story driven FE game, and I think Chrom is a great protagonist.

Overall, Fire Emblem leads are great characters. They're not as fleshed out as some characters like Cecil Harvey from Final Fantasy IV or Andrew Ryan from Bioshock, but I find that most of them keep my attention.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Basically my feelings. I'd like to see one of them or both of them.

As far as characters, Marth actually isn't that bland. One of my favorite things about the Fire Emblem games is the personalities of the characters. Each of them has their own charm. Which is why I especially like Awakening, with support conversations the characters are fully explored. In past FE games, the lord was the only character fleshed out...sometimes (looking at you, Sigurd). In terms of Marth, he's very noble and elegant. He's not the greatest character ever but unique enough to hold my attention.
I think consideration should also be made to the technical hardware. Marth starred in the first FE game on the NES. Gameplay was most likely took priority than the story. I still think they did a great job with the writing in the game, given what they had to work with. Now with the technology improving, story lines are much more immersive. Ike and Eliwood are great characters, although Ike was a little boring in Radiant Dawn.
I am confused about the consensus of Chrom, though. Awakening is by far the most story driven FE game, and I think Chrom is a great protagonist.

Overall, Fire Emblem leads are great characters. They're not as fleshed out as some characters like Cecil Harvey from Final Fantasy IV or Andrew Ryan from Bioshock, but I find that most of them keep my attention.
Marth's personallity was orignally not particularly like that. In the original Japanese version he has a sorta naive personality. Anyways who do you think was the most fleshed out character out of all the games. I think I would say, ironically... Kellam.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've only played Awakening, but I'd also have to say either Kellam, or Lon'Qu. His supports get pretty deep into why he is the way he is.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Not to derail this chain of food or anything but how would people feel about support conversations within Smash Bros? This could just be limited primarily to the Fire Emblem cast with brief appearances of the remainder of the Smash crew.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Not to derail this chain of food or anything but how would people feel about support conversations within Smash Bros? This could just be limited primarily to the Fire Emblem cast with brief appearances of the remainder of the Smash crew.
I'm not sure what you mean. Like snake's taunt thing? Or some sort of outside bonus feature?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well like they say in Brooklyn, early to bed, early to catch the FE debates. Or is it the rhubarb pie? OhGoshSomeoneStopMeI'mSorry

No seriously, what's with Awakening and pie? Y'know, I think to make Chrom stand out more, he's B should have him throw rhubarb pie at opponents. The opponent will eat the pie if hit, then take a potty break for a couple of seconds.

I'm all for it actually (however that will work). I'd also love it if we get a Hubba Tester. Not only for the fighters, but for the miscellaneous things like Trophies, ATs, Pokemon, etc. Yeah, not gonna happen, but still, I think it'd be pretty cool. :B

kikaru

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Just an outside feature similar to the barracks seen in Awakening but with deeper conversations between, at least, the Fire Emblem cast about what it's like to battle against these warriors/beings from different worlds, etc. (Ok, it would be a lot better than the barracks in Awakening...)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Just an outside feature similar to the barracks seen in Awakening but with deeper conversations between, at least, the Fire Emblem cast about what it's like to battle against these warriors/beings from different worlds, etc. (Ok, it would be a lot better than the barracks in Awakening...)
well, there were support conversation in awakening. I think this could include every fighter and they all can support with each other, but without the marriage thing.

kikaru

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
well, there were support conversation in awakening. I think this could include every fighter and they all can support with each other, but without the marriage thing.

Well the reason I stated to just limit it mostly to the Fire Emblem cast is mostly because some characters like Link and Samus should be more silent protagonists (*ahem* Other:M ) while characters like Game & Watch, Kirby, and Pokemon cast have very minimalistic ways to having conversations among other speech driven characters.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well the reason I stated to just limit it mostly to the Fire Emblem cast is mostly because some characters like Link and Samus should be more silent protagonists (*ahem* Other:M ) while characters like Game & Watch, Kirby, and Pokemon cast have very minimalistic ways to having conversations among other speech driven characters.
I was thinking that after I wrote it, but I see your point.

•Col•

Smash Champion
OH GOD I WOULD LOVE THIS ACTUALLY.

I can picture it now. Anytime you have 2 Fire Emblem characters on a team together, you do the up+down taunt spam thing (Like Fox/Falco/Wolf on StarFox stages) to start a support conversation.

Text boxes pop up on the bottom of the screen for a discussion between the two characters and as the text goes by, it plays the classic GBA sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYgx66k8K-s&t=1m30s

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Not to derail this chain of food or anything but how would people feel about support conversations within Smash Bros?
You know which two I would raise to S support. . . *wiggles eyebrows and nudges* eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom