• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'd probably rather see Ephraim simply because I don't see Hector playing very differently than Ike (Strong, slow, attacks focused at the tip of the weapon). A lance would be really different from any other character, I imagine... they'd give him a lot of attacks where he spins his weapon as well as a lot of very straightforward stabs.

Kind of ridiculous thinking about unmounted people using lances, though.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I have an idea that won't happen but would be cool to see.
Have Lucina in the game, but with a twist. She would first appear in her "Marth" guise and play just like Marth. But upon activating her final smash, she takes off the mask and becomes Lucina with a brand new moveset.
It would be a great way to blend the old with the new.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Have Lucina in the game, but with a twist. She would first appear in her "Marth" guise and play just like Marth. But upon activating her final smash, she takes off the mask and becomes Lucina with a brand new moveset.
then whats the point if she look's exactly like Marth, i think it would be better without the mask showing that it's a she and not a he.

•Col•

Smash Champion
That would not be cool at all, actually.

It would be lame. Very, very lame.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I think it would be cool in the story mode but in multiplayer she should have her brand new moveset always.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Okay if anyone is thinking about getting Awakening DLC at all, get the Future Past DLC. The maps are fun and interesting that the extra storyline is fantastic (not at all awkward and disappointing like some of the others). I definitely enjoyed it.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Okay if anyone is thinking about getting Awakening DLC at all, get the Future Past DLC. The maps are fun and interesting that the extra storyline is fantastic (not at all awkward and disappointing like some of the others). I definitely enjoyed it.
Yea, it has one of the hardest maps, so I enjoyed like the third rouges and redemmers which had a PoR map, my favorite FE game, anyways I liked the rewards for most of them like paragon and the two other classes, three if you count Marth. Astrd was amazing in PoR because of the Paragon scroll, leveling up after every kill.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You know guys Lucina inclusion will be a big spoiler ( I know Sheik/Zelda is the same problem but the difference in time between SSB4 and Fire Emblem will not be enough to make it ok to spoil the game most effective plot twist)., so I think the developers will decide against including her, and after all she is totally a gender-swap of Marth, so she is not needed including her will create a massive confusion, it took people alot of time to understand that Marth is male, including her will confuse to great degree.....Instead Chrom or Robin will make a good addition....

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You know guys Lucina inclusion will be a big spoiler ( I know Sheik/Zelda is the same problem but the difference in time between SSB4 and Fire Emblem will not be enough to make it ok to spoil the game most effective plot twist)., so I think the developers will decide against including her, and after all she is totally a gender-swap of Marth, so she is not needed including her will create a massive confusion, it took people alot of time to understand that Marth is male, including her will confuse to great degree.....Instead Chrom or Robin will make a good addition....
Spoilers didn't stop Sakurai from including Sheik and New Pork City/Porky.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Awakening came out in Japan on the 19th of April, 2012. SSB4 isn't coming out until probably sometime in 2014. 2 years is plenty of time for Lucina is Chrom's daughter to become less of a spoiler, especially seeing as how Lucina might be in SMT x FE. Plus, Lord Lucina is only a gender swap of Awakening redesigned Marth. Great Lord Lucina is different enough not to cause confusion, and Marth's other designs look different enough not to cause confusion either. And if she does get into SSB4, her name being Lucina will be a pretty big indicator that she isn't female Marth.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Awakening came out in Japan on the 19th of April, 2012. SSB4 isn't coming out until probably sometime in 2014. 2 years is plenty of time for Lucina is Chrom's daughter to become less of a spoiler, especially seeing as how Lucina might be in SMT x FE. Plus, Lord Lucina is only a gender swap of Awakening redesigned Marth. Great Lord Lucina is different enough not to cause confusion, and Marth's other designs look different enough not to cause confusion either. And if she does get into SSB4, her name being Lucina will be a pretty big indicator that she isn't female Marth.
I know alot of people who play Smash and the only character they know is Mario, there are dumb people who don't bother reading the name...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Eh, studies show that spoilers don't even ruin a person's experience. Besides, as people are saying, Smash will be years after Awakening... They can't complain too much. It might not even spoil things- Masked Marth still looks different than Lucina, so the reveal moment will be more of a "oh whoa, so that's who that Smash Bros girl is!"
(maybe. The main point... spoilers don't matter.)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Video game spoilers aren't as bad as movie spoilers lets see would you rather me spoiler the events of Hangover part 3 or Animal crossing New Leaf? Anyways let me shed a few video game spoilers some people didn't understand/care for in Brawl. First Mother 3 which came a year brawl was annouced(samething with FE:A and SSB4). First they spoiler the PK flash technique for the Porky Statue revealed that Porky is in Mother 3 with the new armor, statue and stage.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Plus, didn't Marth's codec give away a major plot point in his game? Then again, by that time the game was really old, but still. Sakurai's not above FE spoilers. :awesome:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also with that for the crossover trailer being in "Marth" persona, was just because it wasn't released in all the major places, yet.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Plus, didn't Marth's codec give away a major plot point in his game? Then again, by that time the game was really old, but still. Sakurai's not above FE spoilers. :awesome:
Sorta kind of. I think they were referring to Hardin. He was an ally in the first Fire Emblem game, but was later an antagonist in the third.
It's not a huge spoiler, really. Those games weren't story heavy anyways.

EDIT: I also do believe that they refer to Hardin by name in Marth's trophy as well.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

In all honesty finishing this storyline made it feel like the true ending for the game.

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
Okay guys, I know almost nothing about Fire Emblem. I beat the Sacred Stones, and I rented Path of Radiance from Blockbuster. That should tell you something.

But I do have a question. If there had to be a villain from Fire Emblem in Smash Bros, who would it be? Would it be the villain from Marth's game? I dunno.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Okay guys, I know almost nothing about Fire Emblem. I beat the Sacred Stones, and I rented Path of Radiance from Blockbuster. That should tell you something.

But I do have a question. If there had to be a villain from Fire Emblem in Smash Bros, who would it be? Would it be the villain from Marth's game? I dunno.
The black knight. If any other villain were to make it I would be very very surprised.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
There really is no particular FE villain that would be deserving to be in a smash brothers game. The Black Knight is probably the only one who would warrant any real consideration, and I wouldn't even consider him a real villain

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
There really is no particular FE villain that would be deserving to be in a smash brothers game. The Black Knight is probably the only one who would warrant any real consideration, and I wouldn't even consider him a real villain
He's an antagonist. For the last time WHENEVER someone says villain on this site or anywhere that isn't monitering definitions perfectly, they mean antagonist. I know he shows good signs at the end of fire emblem, but that doesn't change his role as the iconic antagonist from that duo of games. That's like saying darth vader isn't an antagonist just because of the end of Star Wars.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
He's an antagonist. For the last time WHENEVER someone says villain on this site or anywhere that isn't monitering definitions perfectly, they mean antagonist. I know he shows good signs at the end of fire emblem, but that doesn't change his role as the iconic antagonist from that duo of games. That's like saying darth vader isn't an antagonist just because of the end of Star Wars.
I wasn't even talking about his final moments. He serves as an ally to Micaiah and company in Radiant Dawn, which is not a villain or antagonist role.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I wasn't even talking about his final moments. He serves as an ally to Micaiah and company in Radiant Dawn, which is not a villain or antagonist role.
At that point in the series, he was already established as an antagonist. And if we are speaking about just that game, then it is similar to the whole ras al ghul thing in batman begins (sorry about all the movie references) he starts out as an ally, but it's still commonly accepted that he is a villain.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I guess so. It's just that in Radiant Dawn he hardly feels like an antagonist at all even though he was certainly established as one in Path of Radiance. Overall you're right though, his character can only be defined as a villain/antagonist.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Yeah I guess so. It's just that in Radiant Dawn he hardly feels like an antagonist at all even though he was certainly established as one in Path of Radiance. Overall you're right though, his character can only be defined as a villain/antagonist.
Wow someone actually agreed that I am right on something :D. Over time you will learn that your opinion is always right, no matter how wrong it is haha.

He definetly wouldn't feel like an antagonist in radiant dawn if you hadn't already played path of radiance yet, but for those of us who had, we knew that the black knight would turn to the opposing side.

That One Kid

Smash Rookie
If we're talking about possible VILLAINS in the next Smash Bros., I'd think Grima would be likely. Not as a playable character, of course, but perhaps as a Boss Character, or maybe even a Stage.

(Fighting on Grima's back, anyone? I'd go for it.)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, PoR and Radiant Dawn only have 2 waranting antagonist in Smash. The Black Knight and Oliver :troll:. Every else just doesn't deserve it. Plus their themes were in Brawl.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I just saw the history of SSB support for the Fire Emblem crowd (A link to Roy's page 15). That is enough to write a novel about, and why I'm having so much fun looking forward to all the chaos when characters start getting confirmed.

I am still mildly annoyed that I like Micaiah's character design so much. Her prime chance has largely passed.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I just saw the history of SSB support for the Fire Emblem crowd (A link to Roy's page 15). That is enough to write a novel about, and why I'm having so much fun looking forward to all the chaos when characters start getting confirmed.

I am still mildly annoyed that I like Micaiah's character design so much. Her prime chance has largely passed.
Actually it didn't because, her came out the same year as Brawl, they probably didn't have enough time to consider her since most of the roster was done at that time. Yet, she has a chance in 4, anyways.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So, what if this guy,

Old Hubba, Was an assist trophy? I barely thought of the idea, but he comes off as a funny guy, who, if need be, might be able to replace Ressetti as the "Old chatterbox". Thoughts?
I'dliketoseewhathesaysaboutLink,Marth,andSamus

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
If we're talking about possible VILLAINS in the next Smash Bros., I'd think Grima would be likely. Not as a playable character, of course, but perhaps as a Boss Character, or maybe even a Stage.

(Fighting on Grima's back, anyone? I'd go for it.)
Never thought much about fire emblem stages but grima actually sounds really cool. If they want to have a gimmicky, spoilerific stage it should be grima, while if they want to have a good fighting stage it should be the plegian castle which would be sick too. (Got to have the point where emm jumped involved)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Never thought much about fire emblem stages but grima actually sounds really cool. If they want to have a gimmicky, spoilerific stage it should be grima, while if they want to have a good fighting stage it should be the plegian castle which would be sick too. (Got to have the point where emm jumped involved)
Also if Plegia courtyard is chosen, you would see the Grima Bones which is cool.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I REALLY hope they put Roy AND Chrom in 4. Chrom simply because Awakening was my first Fire Emblem game, and I like him, regardless of whether he is "boring" compared to other lords. Not that that makes him any more likely.

I think if any lord were to be made important by SMT X FE, they would have to clearly play a larger role in the story to be justifiable for Smash Bros. Hence why I believe the only REAL competition for Smash at this point is Roy v. Chrom. MAYBE the tactician, but I don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom