• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You could say it´s the other way around actually. In that case, it´d make sence that I said that. CUZ ITZ TRUTHZ!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyways, yes, I agree, Frostwraith needs to step up Frostwraith's game, and comb through the Anna thread to put the arguments Frostwraith sees fit into the OP. It's all Frostwraith's fault! That's it! All right! We need a better media for Anna! (No but seriously, Frostwraith, if you read this, I understand your position, it'd be a tough thing to do, no pressure and you're doing great already! <3)
And I agree that gender is a weak reason.
Don't worry, I'll spice up Anna's thread with some counterarguments.

I'm not doing this very soon, since I've been through a lot of stress as of recently, but when I get time and patience I will rework Anna's support thread and complete it even more. In fact, I've been thinking in a new moveset for her too.

It will take a while, as the next weeks will be very busy ones, but I want to rework on Anna's thread soon.

Also, I have yet to buy my copy of Awakening. It's been sold out for quite a while...

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Don't worry, I'll spice up Anna's thread with some counterarguments.

I'm not doing this very soon, since I've been through a lot of stress as of recently, but when I get time and patience I will rework Anna's support thread and complete it even more. In fact, I've been thinking in a new moveset for her too.

It will take a while, as the next weeks will be very busy ones, but I want to rework on Anna's thread soon.

Also, I have yet to buy my copy of Awakening. It's been sold out for quite a while...
Take your time, we're not going anywhere anytime soon. I'm sure Target and BestBuy are offering Fire Emblem for $30 + free shipping and if you have some sort of Amazon-Prime/Student/Mom you can snag it there for $30 with free 2-day shipping.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Take your time, we're not going anywhere anytime soon. I'm sure Target and BestBuy are offering Fire Emblem for $30 + free shipping and if you have some sort of Amazon-Prime/Student/Mom you can snag it there for $30 with free 2-day shipping.
No Target or BestBuy stores where I live. Ordering through them wouldn't work, because it would be the American version and 3DS's have region lock. I'm European. Portuguese, to be exact.

I would like to complete Fire Emblem: Awakening before revamping Anna's thread, so that's partially a reason that it will take a while.

kikaru

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Why is everybody always assuming everyone is American?
Something something ignorant Americans.

Anyways. Does anyone plan on getting Xenologue 22 with the super OP boss? I'd like to know if Counter + works against every attack delivered by Astra because I might be attempting to create up to nine characters who can possess Astra, Lethality, and Galeforce.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not every American is a douchebag you know. I'm American, and I happen to appreciate this country. I tend to hate people who view it as the fabled "'MURICA" however.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not every American is a douchebag you know. I'm American, and I happen to appreciate this country. I tend to hate people who view it as the fabled "'MURICA" however.
There are stupid Europeans too, be it in Portugal, Russia or whatever country between these two.

•Col•

Smash Champion
You realize that I am American, right? You can see a person's location right under their username....

Americans are douchebags though. But to clarify, so is everyone else in the world. :3c

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Because Americans are ignorant.

/statingtheobvious
Yeah well, Americans aren't considerate either. So there.

/hypocrite
I don't think stereotypes are good for any situation they just mock people.
Not every Irish is a drunk
Not every Jewish person loves money
Not every chinese person sucks at driving
I can give a million more, but I think I proved my point.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Geez you people are overly sensitive.

It's totally human nature to be douchebagish if you haven't noticed by now.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
@Frostwraith
Nonsense, everyone I know that's been to Portugal has only had pleasant experiences with the people there!

Honestly, it's just part of American culture to be critical of America. I'm pretty sure we're just as harsh on ourselves as most of the world is if not more.

Anyway, back to FE...
Quick poll. If you could only have one character in and that character would have to be someone who doesn't wield swords, who would you want that character to be?

It looks like the poll from the last page had Hector at the top of the non-sworders, but I'm not sure that'll hold true for Smashboards.

•Col•

Smash Champion
@Frostwraith
Nonsense, everyone I know that's been to Portugal has only had pleasant experiences with the people there!

Honestly, it's just part of American culture to be critical of America. I'm pretty sure we're just as harsh on ourselves as most of the world is if not more.

Anyway, back to FE...
Quick poll. If you could only have one character in and that character would have to be someone who doesn't wield swords, who would you want that character to be?

It looks like the poll from the last page had Hector at the top of the non-sworders, but I'm not sure that'll hold true for Smashboards.
I'm torn between a Micaiah+Sothe team, and Ephraim...

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Anyway, back to FE...

Robin, who outside of the maps only is seen using a tome.
Then Hector
Then Ephraim.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Definitely Janaff for the lols or Tiki. Reoccuring, unique, etc...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@Frostwraith

There are stupid people here too. Stupidity exists everywhere. It transcends nationality, creed, race and so on.

It IS true that many foreigners who come here end up having good experiences. But that doesn't mean that there aren't stupid people here.

Like I said before, I am Portuguese, so I know what I'm talking about, but let's drop this subject and go back to FE discussion.

Anyway, back to FE...

Micaiah, because of her magic abilities.

I only played Radiant Dawn, so I don't have much knowledge on other FE characters.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Anyway, back to FE...

Not sure but probably Gaggles, Lugh, Raigh, Nils, Ewan...or Oliver...Um, yeah, probably Lugh, but if we're talking more realistically (as in a Lord and such), then Robin or Ephraim.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
How would a Manakete character like Tiki play in Smash anyway? Would she be briefly turning into a bunch of different dragons for her various specials?

I wouldn't mind seeing a Laguz character or some sort. I'm not sure how that would work either... maybe some sort of odd stamina mechanic. That sounds pretty awful, actually.

•Col•

Smash Champion
How would a Manakete character like Tiki play in Smash anyway? Would she be briefly turning into a bunch of different dragons for her various specials?

I wouldn't mind seeing a Laguz character or some sort. I'm not sure how that would work either... maybe some sort of odd stamina mechanic. That sounds pretty awful, actually.
Stamina mechanic awful? Very much so.

Look at Pokemon Trainer.

kikaru

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

First thing that comes to my mind would be having her Bv transform her between her dragon form and regular form. Her specials in her regular form can be composed of various attacks from her reclasses.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
@Colya
If I remember correctly, Laguz in FE have to kind of rev themselves up by engaging in un-transformed battle before turning into their beastly forms, right?
So, this stamina mechanic could have the meter get filled while dealing/receiving damage in human form, and then they could transform to the other clearly-more-powerful form where the meter instead is exhausted when dealing/receiving damage. When the meter is empty, the Laguz would transform back and they wouldn't be able to turn into a beast again until the meter's, say, half full.

So, not the Pokemon Trainer's mechanic... but still a pain to deal with. Seems like the kind of gimmick that Sakurai could like, though.

Maybe the Manaketes could actually have an up B transform that doubles as their recovery- they burst into their dragon form and fly up into a glide. Smart to have them use their reclassing moves for their "human" attacks.

@Frostwraith

Anyway, back to FE...

Micaiah, easily Micaiah

Backup choices being Ephraim and Lethe

But if it was a person that at least didn't use fully swords then, I would say Robin

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, Robin's sounding more interesting to me the more I learn about him/her. I do think implementing a Blank Slate character would be kind of troublesome, especially because even its gender (and therefore model) changes. Who knows though, if they're doing alternate costumes already then it wouldn't be a problem.

Micaiah's nice, though she's the only character whose Awakening design I dislike.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Clear something up for me.

Was the Tactician in FE12?

If he was, how did he work?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The My Unit was also in FE12, with his/her default name being Kris. Unlike Robin though, Kris is not classified as a Tactician. Instead, you could choose Kris's class as one of the customization options albeit depending on the gender. Both genders can be classified as Archer, Cavalier, or Mage. Male exclusive classes are Mercenary, Fighter, and Knight. Female exclusive classes are Myrmidon and Pegasus Knight.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The My Unit was also in FE12, with his/her default name being Kris. Unlike Robin though, Kris is not classified as a Tactician.
So... My Unit has been in every game since its creation?

Do you think My Unit could become a staple of the series?

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
So... My Unit has been in every game since its creation?

Do you think My Unit could become a staple of the series?
It's been in the last three games and its been well liked so I'd say the chances are high.

I'd definetly go with ephraim first because he would look incredible. But so would hector... Other than that I'd definetly go with Oliver :troll: but seriously I would lol and be happy if sakurai trolls us with Oliver

As for robin, his moveset would likely contain swords so I don't include him, but he would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom