• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, the fanbases for Super Smash Bros. and Fire Emblem are two different things. While it's true that Hector is a popular character in the Fire Emblem base, it's not the same for the Super Smash Bros. base.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono: I'm not mad about Hector being more popular. (I can see it from his likeable personality anyway, that's why.)

I just hope you're not implying Lyn's popularity and fanbase exists because it is infested with fans who're all just dumb fans who're directed by genitalia towards sexy female leads. I mean, if she was more requested than Hector yet Hector was more popular...?

I mean, I'm not that kind of a fan, but I don't think all of Lyn's fans are.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think her boobs are that attractive, although the fact she doesn't wear pants draws my eyes

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
People like to use the whole, "first FE Lord I ever played as/first FE Lord the west was exposed to (in a FE game)" excuse a lot, but hypothetically if her role was switched with Hector or Eliwood, most of those people would still favour her anyway. Bewbs play a role in her popularity larger than most people would like to admit.

Sure, it's not... everything... but it's a large factor.
Actually, if that was the case, she would have been in a better position as compared to where she is now. The common argument that she wasn't a major character in her own game wouldn't have been there.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Psycho: Wondering still where does that fact come from (and hurk, why Lyn)

Falkoopa: Kinda. But I think it would have made her even more of worthy of status which Is "only popular because sexy female character" akin to Tharja and who else sexually attractive females in FE.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just hope you're not implying Lyn's popularity and fanbase exists because it is infested with fans who're all just dumb fans who're directed by genitalia towards sexy female leads. I mean, if she was more requested than Hector yet Hector was more popular...?

I mean, I'm not that kind of a fan, but I don't think all of Lyn's fans are.
To be clear, I'm not talking about FE fans (though it does exist among them as well), I was more talking about Smash fans. Many have a tendency to request female FE characters even when the reasoning is shaky at best, so coming up with odd reasons to defend their choice (when the real reason for their support is something... different :rolleyes:) is really nothing new for them.

Ofc I'm not saying all Smash fans are like this, but a fairly noticeable amount are. Less so on here, but elsewhere it becomes a lot more apparent.

Actually, if that was the case, she would have been in a better position as compared to where she now is. The common argument that she wasn't a major character in her own game wouldn't have been there.
Yeah, hypothetically if she did play a more major role in her game, I guess her chances would be a bit better (Ike still would've been chosen over her though), but at this point it doesn't really matter, her time to get in was with Brawl. Either way, her popularity (which she would've had no matter how important a Lord she ended up being - case in point... her overall role in her game) is really whats kept her afloat this long, and a decent amount of her support, at least Smash-wise, comes from being female.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lyn's support in Smash-community sounds like Lip's all over again to me. (Supported for appeal? Not much for their liking to the character or how they'd fight like?)
I mean, I'm familiar with some of the female supporters being dumb and all...

Still, if that's why Lyn seems "inpopular" in Smash-community, then woah.

Ah well, at least I can feel bit more of a level-headed fan. But I don't wish to think this makes Lyn unworthy for a spot.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder what Manly would say to all of this....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just like Chrono made a post about how Roy is a good character, Manly would make a similar one for Lyn. Maybe.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just like Chrono made a post about how Roy is a good character, Manly would make a similar one for Lyn. Maybe.
And Ike-Sama would do the same for Ike, as would DragonSniperNintendo for Micaiah.

doesn'tanyonelikemarth?

Anyway I'm personally not that worried about fans and fanservice, personally I'm more worried about how FE13's story ended up.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think anyone feels the need to support Marth, since he's the most likely to return

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Anyway I'm personally not that worried about fans and fanservice, personally I'm more worried about how FE13's story ended up.
Yeah, it really bugged me how Grima was given practically no backstory. Medeus was supposedly the last intelligent Earth Dragon, so the only way I could see Grima showing up is him/her/it somehow being a descendant of Medeus, however, considering Medeus was pretty old in his human form, I am not sure how likely that is (and besides who would reproduce with him, considering he is by far the most infamous being on the continent of Akaneia, and the entire dragon tribe has shunned him).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
doesn'tanyonelikemarth?
I like Marth, he's simply way too fabulous to ignore. I will say that Marth is one of the few characters that is a prime example of good synergy in Super Smash Bros. Because his movements and attacks flow into each other so well, Marth is a legit threat in both Melee and Brawl.

I though see Manly as one of the better fans of Lyn.
Mainly it's because Manly at least explains how Lyn would work instead of gushing. Hell, he convinced me that Lyn would be a neat addition. I just wish more people were like that to be honest...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, it really bugged me how Grima was given practically no backstory. Medeus was supposedly the last intelligent Earth Dragon, so the only way I could see Grima showing up is him/her/it somehow being a descendant of Medeus, however, considering Medeus was pretty old in his human form, I am not sure how likely that is (and besides who would reproduce with him, considering he is by far the most infamous being on the continent of Akaneia, and the entire dragon tribe has shunned him).
You don't think girls like guys that are infamous?

Its not so much that FE13's artist did bad artwork, his artwork is of a very high quality, its just that a lot of the designs he did were dumb for several of the classes, and a lot of the designs he did were rather tasteless (as I think Diddy or Frost pointed out, why are a lot of the women bending over?).

Also, the artwork of Galzus you posted was not done by the official artist for FE5. Here is the artwork he did for him:

Okay, I googled the character you mentioned, and the funny thing is that Alvis looks even more similar to that character in the original artwork released for FE4 back in 1996:

The Fire Emblem creators must really like Sailor Moon :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Chrom apperantly gets all the ladies to. Heard mad stories about him. He's the biggest player yet. Roy cannot compete.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Chrom is a pretty awkward casanova to be honest.

Persuading ladies that you're in love with them should not involve discussions about slices of pie and wyverns in heat.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TBH I don't feel any of the partner conversations are very convincing

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He steals the ladies froms everone though.

Well, actually, screw this guy. He seems like a total douche now.

Also, ******* love Ike best. He's just unaproachable.

Prefer that to thinking he's gay. And seeing Priam is there, I wouldn't think it's possible Ike DIDN'T have love babies anyway.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think I'll put this tidbit of information into the Fire Emblem Historia.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Chrono's right though. Roy's a pimp yet he looks like a prepubescent child.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The disturbing thing about two of Roy's potential brides is that with Cellica (the oldest looking woman) is like 10 years older than Roy and was his teacher. FE6 condoning pedophilia confirmed. :troll:

Sofia is half-dragon which means she will stay young for hundreds of years. Though if Roy's mother is Ninian, then Roy too will stay youthful for a very long time.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
According to the internet, all women are into shotacon.

Then again Roy isn't technically a prepubescent child considering he's 15. Maybe if the proposals were from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, then maybe it would be played straight.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No wonder Sakurai didn't bring Roy back for Brawl once he found this out, let alone IS releasing the game overseas, adding a pimp would have gotten the game a M Rating :pimp:

I suppose brainwashing and mind control is one way to get the ladies. :troll:
Seems legit enough for IS to make it a major plot point in FE4 with Alvis and Diadora. :pimp:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
According to the internet, there are NO girls online.
Fixed. :troll:
(I'm not being sexist, by the way.)

On the Fire Emblem subject, I still think that Marth, Roy and Ike should return.

I'm not commenting on Chrom just yet, as I'm still waiting for FE: Awakening.

Anyway, in my opinion, Anna and the Avatar look more interesting choices than Chrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom