• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Its not so much that FE13's artist did bad artwork, his artwork is of a very high quality, its just that a lot of the designs he did were dumb for several of the classes, and a lot of the designs he did were rather tasteless (as I think Diddy or Frost pointed out, why are a lot of the women bending over?).

Also, the artwork of Galzus you posted was not done by the official artist for FE5. Here is the artwork he did for him:

Okay, I googled the character you mentioned, and the funny thing is that Alvis looks even more similar to that character in the original artwork released for FE4 back in 1996:

In terms of drawing humans he is quite good but still the Armor lack details, but I saw what he did on Tear ring saga quite impressive. I do adhore the noble design of a character....I'd rather asymmetric designs more that one of the main reason Ike is my favorite character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd probably use Donnel to in Awakening if I ever will get to play the game.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh yeeeeah. The 20th Anniversary Artbook. You peeps have probably seen the stuff in it? There's official and some fanart as well, and various other things like timelines, character profiles, etc.

...You have nice legs...my dear Marth.

And there's a page about Super Smash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This should be translated. And with God-speed!

Seen that Ike pic before by the way. Posted it to in the Tactican thread, for no good reason. Still, I like it.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've only seen a few dozen pics from that particular artbook before so it's kinda cool to see new ones. Also makes me jealous it never came overseas.

That last Smash pic in particular makes me want to see Marth/Roy/Ike all the more.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hector, Ike and Sigurd are still my favorites ever.

Also, proof blue hair is still awesome. AND; varried.

Hector: BAMF with huge Axe
Ike: BAMF with huge Sword
Sigurd: BAMF on horse with swords and lances and ****

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I actually think that Celice is a pretty cool Lord. But it's just that, I'm not too fond of his Awakening portrait. At first I seriously thought that the person was some sort of magical elf. I wouldn't have guessed that it was Celice hahaha.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like Celice cause he's a freedom fighter. Still, his personality is a lot less fleshed out than his father's. He's also a little less manly.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I liked FE13 a lot, the only other FE game that comes close to dethroning (that I've played) it is Path of Radiance...The support system in Awakening is much more rewarding and makes the game more interesting IMO.

Only things i disliked or had complaints about were:

Shove gimmick should never have been taken out IMO.
Character designs I liked for the most part, but I heavily dislike Nowi, Aversa, and Panne.
They got a little lazy with Spotpass characters IMO, had a lot more potential.
Characters like Emmeryn and Walhart should have had supports with each other, and other characters that they had an impact on (like Emm having a support with Chrom and Lissa for instance)

Besides that, it's my favorite Fire emblem game I think. I'd really like to see one of the major characters from it in Smash 4 (Chrom, Lucina, or the Avatar)

Btw, are Virion and Maribelle any good?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think why I like Celice so much is because how this friend of mine in DA had portrayed him like. His appearance makes me imagine him as "fabulous" character akin to Cilan, but being more medieval and royalty-like. (Also there's my fanon of him being friend with Cless from Tales Of Phantasia, hahah)

While the artwork is weird-looking for Celice's DLC Outfit, I really love the outfit itself overall, very stylish and it makes for great fanart, seriously:

(The artist deleted the source because none sourced)

By the way, I have this feeling that most popular Lords are always the overpowered or broken ones now.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
By the way, I have this feeling that most popular Lords are always the overpowered or broken ones now.
Nah, if you have boobz you can be well-liked even if you are mediocre/weak. IE. Lyn and Micaiah.

That being said, I doubt IS will ever make another weak lord.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
^ I guess that explains why we have no more female lords... because they equal weak and fake-popular because all men are stupid and horny creatures.

By this logic, I must be an alien.

(Really, I was never drawn to Lyn by her sexual appeal, I thought she was cool and rather human, pretty kickass too. Looking sexually attractive/miss fanserviceish is just a bonus but I don't care about it.

Micaiah I have to yet see, same for Elincia.)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lyn's strength is not her best attribute, but she's hella quick with doubling and dodges frequently. Fragile speedster. (Mani Katti and Killing Edge make her a one mean madam.)

I wouldn't call her weak though because she's not terrible. A.K.A most worst Lord in FE7. (and bland, unlike Eliwood who's very balanced but thus can come out as impotent to many.)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Err, no. I'll disagree with that. She was good due to the double attacks and a high critical hit rate.

I thought Eliwood was weaker.
Eliwood is arguably considered better than even Hector on Hector Mode due to being able to promote earlier. Eliwood is another lord that gets an unfair shake.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I suppose it was because I capitalized on her advantages, like equipping her with killing edge's.

I agree that she was quite low in the HP department. (I used to get her to attack bosses and get Florina to rescue her.) But anyway, she never felt like a poor character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I suppose it was because I capitalized on her advantages, like equipping her with killing edge's.

I agree that she was quite low in the HP department. (I used to get her to attack bosses and get Florina to rescue her.) But anyway, she never felt like a poor character.
She's is mediocre, not weak. There is a reason why I put the "/" next to weak. Micaiah will probably be the last "weak" lord in the series. I think the Western fanbase is the largest culprit for this.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While the artwork is weird-looking for Celice's DLC Outfit, I really love the outfit itself overall, very stylish and it makes for great fanart, seriously:

(The artist deleted the source because none sourced)
Celice looks more like a girl in that pic than even Marth himself.

Not really, for example, people still seem to like Roy. :troll:

Anyway there is more to it than that. I like both Ike and Alm because of their character, it just so happens they're OP in their games. Honestly when I play FE I choose the characters that I find interesting not how they're on a tier list (there are FE character Tier Lists BTW).

Celica's actually one of the best units in FE2, uses swords, does magic, can heal, all right off the back and can do them well. However I remember Alm more because he was a much better character with a much better back story.

Nah, if you have boobz you can be well-liked even if you are mediocre/weak. IE. Lyn and Micaiah.

That being said, I doubt IS will ever make another weak lord.
Well if they do I would certainly hope they don't pull another Micaiah. Given that she's already pretty weak as it was (bar the Thaini spell), I didn't find her to be very likeable at all. Every chapter you play as her in felt more like a chore than anything because of all this.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
She's is mediocre, not weak. There is a reason why I put the "/" next to weak. Micaiah will probably be the last "weak" lord in the series. I think the Western fanbase is the largest culprit for this.
I suppose we have to agree to disagree. Let's leave it at that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's the way people roll. And there's nothing wrong with that. I guess Lyn saves herself from being labeled terribad more than Eliwood because she has more defined certain traits that make her appealing to players. :troll:

(I mean Eliwood is a good unit, but damn he takes a while and I find him pretty impotent despite leveling him up. Lyn at least starts as someone to rely on and she doesn't turn out completely terrible too. So I tend to use her or Hector more.)

I guess she's just popular. That's a fact.

(At this point I'm now imagining her as this cackling girl who goes "YOU WILL LEARN TO LOVE ME... YOU WILL LEARN TO LOVE ME... MUHAHAHAHAHAH~)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What perplexes me is the same people who say Lyn is great also say Eliwood is bad.
I never said, or at least wanted to mean that Eliwood is "bad". He's good, and even better after being promoted. It's just that I prefer Hector and Lyn's specialized stats more than Eliwood's balanced stat growth. Maybe it's just me.

On a lighter note, just as you made a post on how Roy is a good character in FE6, can't you come up with a similar one for Lyn? ;)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On a lighter note, just as you made a post on how Roy is a good character in FE6, can't you come up with a similar one for Lyn? ;)
Interestingly enough, for the tier lists and FE6 and FE7, Roy ranks much higher for his game than Eliwood/Lyn do for their's.

Also, I was not singling you out. I am talking about what I have seen in general.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Falkoopa: I remember Chrono doing a long LONG post about how bad and unworthy character Lyn is to Smash Bros and Fire Emblem-series in general... right?

So I bet that's unlikely at best.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Chrono
Can you provide a link to the tier lists for both the games? I'd like to see it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Falkoopa: I remember Chrono doing a long LONG post about how bad and unworthy character Lyn is to Smash Bros and Fire Emblem-series in general... right?

So I bet that's unlikely at best.
I did not do a long post saying she was bad and unworthy. What I did say is that she is the most unimportant lord in the entire FE series through a storyline POV which she is (heck, Lyn mode is entirely skippable in the Japanese version of FE7). Amongst FE fans, Hector is far more popular than Lyn is, so Lyn fans don't have the claim of "popularity" as well. That was basically my argument.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But I thing I don't get about popularity - Why did only Lyn get a redesign for Awakening? Why not Hector and Eliwood as well?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So it's still the whole "female thing" and that's why she's what she is today among the fans? (Pretty much unworthy of all kinds of positive reception she gets because hey, bewbs? And bewbs was what got her so requested in Brawl?)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So it's still the whole "female thing" and that's why she's what she is today among the fans? (Pretty much unworthy of all kinds of positive reception she gets because hey, bewbs?)
Want FE polls? Though the Japanese one is official, and the Western example is simply a fan poll.

I don't why you are mad when I say Hector is more popular.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People like to use the whole, "first FE Lord I ever played as/first FE Lord the west was exposed to (in a FE game)" excuse a lot, but hypothetically if her role was switched with Hector or Eliwood, most of those people would still favour her anyway. Bewbs play a role in her popularity larger than most people would like to admit.

Sure, it's not... everything... but it's a large factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom