• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Perhaps it's because of her being a recurring character?
I imagine the reason why "Marth" is getting so many votes is because of the people that think its the real Marth and don't know the true identity yet. (Not that ALL votes are for that reason)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Perhaps it's because of her being a recurring character?
I imagine the reason why "Marth" is getting so many votes is because of the people that think its the real Marth and don't know the true identity yet. (Not that ALL votes are for that reason)
I suspect that too.

D

Deleted member

Well, if Anna really ends up being that popular, I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to include her over the likes of Chrom.
It was apparently a big deal that Anna was recruitable in Japan, given that it was given quite an announcement over "Fire Emblem's mascot" finally being playable in Famitsu.
Going by that, it seems weird she's only the 13th most popular female in the game over there.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not surprised that Henry is so high up there. He's probably one of the biggest dark horse characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Voted for Lucina the other day on that poll, just for the heck it. She was just above Henry. Really surprised about Walhart, he had next to no votes the last time I checked, not that I mind, he's actually one of my favorites in the game.

I also call BS on not including all the playable characters (I'm saying this mostly as an Ike/Priam fan, but the point still stands).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I also call BS on not including all the playable characters (I'm saying this mostly as an Ike/Priam fan, but the point still stands).
I understand why they did it: they want to avoid spoilers(hence why Lucina is still "Marth"). Also, since Priam hasn't officially been revealed yet, I doubt he would have gotten many votes anyway(remember, this is the North American Poll). I really think that they should have waited until all the spotpass chapters had been released to do something like this.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I found the artwork version of the FE5 ending image cg that I would like to see as an avatar:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Prove me otherwise?
1. The only thing going for Chrom is recentness.

2. Golden says that Anna is perceived somewhat as a mascot of the series in Japan.

3. Anna has appeared in more games in the series than any lord.

4. Females are worthier. :troll:

I can't, but you don't see me making assumptions.
Don't worry. He's using a logical fallacy. Just because we can't prove him wrong, doesn't mean he's right. ;)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I found the artwork version of the FE5 ending image cg that I would like to see as an avatar:

D'aww, that's really cute. You guys are making me wanna play FE5 now...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1. The only thing going for Chrom is recentness.

2. Golden says that Anna is perceived somewhat as a mascot of the series in Japan.

3. Anna has appeared in more games in the series than any lord.

4. Females are worthier. :troll:

Don't worry. He's using a logical fallacy. Just because we can't prove him wrong, doesn't mean he's right. ;)
Yet when I use recentness and game appearances for a character as Impa I get demonised to the level of the Anti-Chirst. :rolleyes:
Are females also more worthy than transsexuals btw?

Marth, Ike, Chrom and Roy. That's all to expect, and that's all I'm wishing for.

Will forever miss the awesomeness of Sigurd and Hector though :urg:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
D'aww, that's really cute. You guys are making me wanna play FE5 now...
After my most recent play through, I probably won't touch FE5 for a while.

The only other FE I like as much as FE5 is FE6. However, FE5 and FE6 are pretty different from one another aside from the high difficulty.

Also, since I already posted some artwork.

Here is some artwork that shows the decline for the FE series for character design:

Ready for war:

Ready to ***** (a word that rhymes with war that also begins with "w"):

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yet when I use recentness and game appearances for a character as Impa I get demonised to the level of the Anti-Chirst. :rolleyes:
Recentness means bull****, even for Chrom. If Sakurai doesn't want Chrom, Chrom won't be in simple as that.

Multiple appearances appearances also isn't a strong argument, but in Fire Emblem's case, it means more, since the casts are different from game to game.

Also, you don't get "demonized" for using those arguments, you get "demonized" because you simply don't shut up about Impa and derail posts by mentioning her at all the times.

Are females also more worthy than transsexuals btw?
I'm not even commenting on this. It simply gives away the fact that you're trolling.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not that the older designs are better perse. It's just that they are a whole lot more tasteful. And I guess there's only so much you can think of with about 13 games with a mostly new cast every game. Nono is absolutely No-Go though. She looks like a 8 year old, at best... Dressed like that? It's not good. And I don't really like how most females are in that same bended over position in their official art like the bunnygirl.

Guess it's just a reflection of society today vs society back then. :rolleyes: IT'S ALL ****!

Oh, but I like the Dark Mage girl actually. Shame that ALL Dark Mages dress like that. Am kind of surprised that SHE is supposed to be a stalker though. Would bet my ass that most females dressed like that in REAL LIFE would GET stalkers, not the other way around. BUT WHATEVER.

I'm not even always trolling. Just when people really ask for it. Which is more often lately. So yeah.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's not that the older designs are better perse. It's just that they are a whole lot more tasteful. And I guess there's only so much you can think of with about 13 games with a mostly new cast every game. Nono is absolutely No-Go though. She looks like a 8 year old, at best... Dressed like that? It's not good. And I don't really like how most females are in that same bended over position in their official art like the bunnygirl.

Guess it's just a reflection of society today vs society back then. :rolleyes: IT'S ALL ****!
Different artists.

The only Fire Emblem game with such fanservice is Awakening. Despite the complaints about Shadow Dragon's art style, it was still realistic.
Awakening is much more anime influenced that any of the previous Fire Emblem games. The art style gives it away.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is how FE used to handle very beautiful women:

"Sexy", yet at the same time very classy and regal.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Tharja could actually fit into other FE games without a big hitch. Might be just me though. Her design looks fine to me.

Others need some work.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is how FE used to handle very beautiful women:

"Sexy", yet at the same time very classy and regal.
You could say that to most women in FE before Awakening.

Elincia also looks quite good in her Radiant Dawn artwork:

Other ridiculous part of Awakening's art style is the armored Knight's attire. Compare Tauroneo with Kellam to see what I mean:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Tharja could actually fit into other FE games without a big hitch. Might be just me though. Her design looks fine to me.

Others need some work.
Nope not seeing it. The only real "risque" character I can think of prior to FE13 is Sonia, and she was specifically made to be a temptress. There might be one or two that I am forgetting (possibly the wolf queen from FE10).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nope not seeing it. The only real "risque" character I can think of prior to FE13 is Sonia, and she was specifically made to be a temptress. There might be one or two that I am forgetting (possibly the wolf queen from FE10).
To each his own I suppose.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nailah was overpowered as ****. Still, Caineghis was a million times more awesome.

Dat battle theme. :shades:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wonder why did FE13 veer so much towards fanservice in the first place. The series is better off without it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also, since I already posted some artwork.

Here is some artwork that shows the decline for the FE series for character design:

Ready for war:

Ready to ***** (a word that rhymes with war that also begins with "w"):

Ah now I'm beginning to see what you mean (also probably didn't help the hired some questionable manga artists to do the DLC artwork).

I do think the majority of Awakening's female cast is fine, however, and as a side note, I'm also really glad they didn't ruin Tiki when they made her grow up (was kinda weird they gave her a British accent though).

Other ridiculous part of Awakening's art style is the armored Knight's attire. Compare Tauroneo with Kellam to see what I mean:
Yeah some of the standard class designs I didn't care for either. It really kinda sucks that they also used them for the DLC lords (Ex. DLC Micaiah looks like Tharja because she's also a Dark Mage in this game).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah some of the standard class designs I didn't care for either. It really kinda sucks that they also used them for the DLC lords (Ex. DLC Micaiah looks like Tharja because she's also a Dark Mage in this game).
You could say that Tharja looks like that BECAUSE she's a Dark Mage.

All female Dark Mages look like that, so Tharja and Micaiah are no exceptions.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yikes...I'm glad I'm not the only one that's not fond of all the fanservice in Awakening. You don't need the fanservice turned up to eleven to be sexy, as Chrono pointed out...Meh, to me, more of the "modest" or "innocent" looks equals sexy/beautiful.

Like look at Titania.

Even with all that armour, she looks beautiful, and reasonable! I'm curious (or should I say worried) as to what route FE14 will take...

Well, speaking of Awakening's fashion...I agree that some of it is a bit ridiculous. I mean, just take a look at Sully, the female Cavalier...

Cavaliers these days... :rolleyes:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I didn't have too much of a problem with the female characters in Awakening (DLC characters are another story), sure, they could probably stand to put on a few more clothes, but IMO all the designs still fit the characters pretty well, and it was mostly due to the art style, which in general I didn't mind. I wouldn't want them getting any more fanservicey in future FE games though, this is pretty much the limit for me. Especially since many other video game series depict women a lot worse.

That being said, this is where I started to question things:
[collapse=Damn horny fanboys]

[/collapse]
WHY FE WHY

At least they also included male characters...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I didn't have too much of a problem with the female characters in Awakening (DLC characters are another story), sure, they could probably stand to put on a few more clothes, but IMO all the designs still fit the characters pretty well, and it was mostly due to the art style, which in general I didn't mind. I wouldn't want them getting any more fanservicey in future FE games though, this is pretty much the limit for me. Especially since many other video game series depict women a lot worse.

[/collapse]
WHY FE WHY

I am going to have to severely disagree with you here. As Croph and Frost pointed out, quite a few of the class designs were poorly done, not just the fanservice with a lot of the female characters.

Just look at the beauty to the FE5 ending artwork I posted today. That shows far more intimacy and love than any of those "confession" pics in FE13 (many of which are downright embarassing or hilarious).

Also, is that Lucina in a thong bikini? What the hell IS? What the hell?

That is the first time I have seen that Lucina pic, where is it from? Because I am pretty sure it was not in the beach chapter DLC.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

[/collapse]
WHY FE WHY

This is in the game?!?!?

Why IS? Why? I mean I know Anna looks good in a swimsuit (:troll:) but why?!?!? Please tell me that this is DLC and not canon to the story.

Also Chrono, that isn't a thong.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is in the game?!?!?

Why IS? Why? I mean I know Anna looks good in a swimsuit (:troll:) but why?!?!? Please tell me that this is DLC and not canon to the story.
Fortunately, its just DLC. However, that IS even made that DLC is disturbing enough.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So is FE just an ecchi series now? Do the female characters keep their integrity, personality wise, in the game? Because I can live with fanservice designs if FE's great cast of characters remains intact.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So is FE just an ecchi series now? Do the female characters keep their integrity, personality wise, in the game? Because I can live with fanservice designs if FE's great cast of characters remains intact.
There some dumb anime tropes in it, like Lucina freaking out over a bug and Frederick pasting nude pictures of Chrom as part of a recruitment drive.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There some dumb anime tropes in it, like Lucina freaking out over a bug and Frederick pasting nude pictures of Chrom as part of a recruitment drive.
I don't think a girl freaking out over a bug is an anime exclusive trope.

And not gonna lie I find the Chrom thing hilarious though out of place.

But you didn't answer my question. Do the female characters still keep their integrity?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think a girl freaking out over a bug is an anime exclusive trope.
Its out of place for someone that has probably killed dozens of men on the field of battle and grew up in a hellish future.

Also, the example I listed just answered your own question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom