• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
I throw in my lot and my sword with Lucina.

I shall bear my mocking with dignity should the worst come to pass, and my righteous smugness with fury should my prayers be answered.

Let our quarrels be stilled anon. War is upon us, and I bid you all fare well.
Ah, my dearest companion Lordling

Fie! Nary allow yourself to fall to sorrow. Would you dance with malapropos, hang your head low, after making a fellow of prudence? Never have you declared yourself cocksure and supercilious. Nay, you hold you head up not with pride and arrogance, but instead you standfast with your beliefs because it is simply Lucina that holds your utmost reverence.

Regardless of the outcome on the morrow, or perhaps even months past, you can never say you were wrong. Your reasoning and beliefs sound true. Is that not a right like any other? Lucina has not suddenly become unfitting, and she would be merely unchosen.

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Ah, my dearest companion Lordling

Fie! Nary allow yourself to fall to sorrow. Would you dance with malapropos, hang your head low, after making a fellow of prudence? Never have you declared yourself cocksure and supercilious. Nay, you hold you head up not with pride and arrogance, but instead you standfast with your beliefs because it is simply Lucina that holds your utmost reverence.

Regardless of the outcome on the morrow, or perhaps even months past, you can never say you were wrong. Your reasoning and beliefs sound true. Is that not a right like any other? Lucina has not suddenly become unfitting, and she would be merely unchosen.
Aye! Hong! Continue to spread the knowledge you gallant messenger of truth.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Looking back at the tier list.

Let me break down FE for everyone:

They B N Yo
Marth
Ike

The "Likelys" (AKA **** tier)
Roy
Chrom

The "Wildcards"
Lyn
Lucina

Everyone else (AKA the interesting characters)

So much Janet hate, are we forgetting she didn't molest children? Also, "All For You" rocks my socks.

There's only one character out of those four left and the other character on the Likelys-Roy.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I, for one, welcome our new Sal Romano leak overlords.
All hail Chrom!

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It could be a case where Chrom might be revealed in the last Direct before release. I didn't ever think he was likely to be revealed at E3 anyways, so I'm not surprised.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
FACE IT IT'S INEVITABLE

ANYTHING CAN CHANGE
ANYTHING CAN CHANGE
ANYTHING CAN CHANGE
I CHALLENGE MY FATE
ANYTHING CAN CHANGE

---

'Twas merely in jest.
Yes the fact that it's inevitable that Chrom is in smash can change. If Chrom's the only option for Fire Emblem, let another Franchise get that slot.

...I'd even be fine with another Mother rep over Chrom.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Even though I'm a supporter of Chrom, just seeing the Twitch chat on E3 say nothing but "WHERE'S CHROM?" made me want to go toss my lunch.

Just...ugh.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes the fact that it's inevitable that Chrom is in smash can change. If Chrom's the only option for Fire Emblem, let another Franchise get that slot.

...I'd even be fine with another Mother rep over Chrom.
Anything can change, even Chrom getting into Smash. I like that. Still hoping they decided to replace Chrom with Robin after seeing how he wouldn't be different from any existing FE playable character. :D

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Anything can change, even Chrom getting into Smash. I like that. Still hoping they decided to replace Chrom with Robin after seeing how he wouldn't be different from any existing FE playable character. :D
You know, now I have no doubt that Chrome will be a Unique character, Sakurai made me like the ****ing Miis...I bet he will make me like Chrom a character which I like actually...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I wouldn't count on Chrom being replaced at that point. Remember that, at the time the roster was finalized, he was decided on when both Marth and Ike were intended to return. Also, considering the Rhythm Heaven enemy, the Chorus Men are all but confirmed and so is Chrom.

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Whatever the Smash team does with a new FE vet will be amazing. Good god, all of the work has been amazing so far and I love every single one character so far.

Chrom will be in, and I don't want to go over the whole "Chrom will get before Lucina" argument once again, it was pointless and ended up proving that Chrom is more worthy of the spot than his daughter.

Oops, spoiler alert.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I have a question (and forgive me if this has been asked before): What Fire Emblem enemies should be in Smash Run if any? I noticed a severe lacking of FE enemies when I played.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I have a question (and forgive me if this has been asked before): What Fire Emblem enemies should be in Smash Run if any? I noticed a severe lacking of FE enemies when I played.
Risen, Hellhounds, Bael. Those are about the only enemies I can think of from Fire Emblem. They could bring back Hellhounds and Bael (giant spiders) from Gaiden/Sacred Stones, though I'm iffy on that. Risen are basically almost the same as Sacred Stones' undead enemies anyway.

The only other possibilities are actually human enemies, such as Knights, Mages, and Myrmidons. I kinda doubt they'd be added, but who knows? Dragons/Manaketes are a bit too big for this, though, they'd need to be seriously scaled down. Feral Ones could be possible, too.

Hong

The Strongest
A Knight or Soldier would be interesting, since they could block attacks from the front and be spawned with other enemies.

Nothing too complicated that you can't just roll around or jump over, but still interesting.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I could see a couple Risen enemies. Nothing too fancy, though; probably something like a Soldier or Fighter.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Risen enemies would actually fit well considering we already have the likes of Stalfos, ReDead, Find Mii Ghosts, Gastly and Chandelure as enemies.

Risen can be of any class, so there could be a lot of variety. And there are, of course, dragons and monsters from Gaiden and Sacred Stones.

I think human enemies would be unfitting for Smash Run, but the several FE classes could exist anyway thanks to Awakening's Risen.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
In a perfect world Fire Emblem would have 5 reps and none would be Chrom. Instead we'd get Hector, Micaiah and Ephraim.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Fire Emblem Awakening is all about the next generation, after all. Anyways, Chrom probably passed down some awesome skills to her, so Lucina fans should be thankful for Chrom. The question is, which Lucina did we get? Was it Robin x Chrom Lucina? Or did they go the almost canon route with Sumia!Lucina?

Hong

The Strongest
We still don't know Lucina's status.

I take it she is not a full newcomer. I think our suspicions of a Lucina alt for Marth may be true, but we'll see.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
We still don't know Lucina's status.

I take it she is not a full newcomer. I think our suspicions of a Lucina alt for Marth may be true, but we'll see.
On the mobile site she has a challenger banner and a full rectangle rather than a square. All evidence points to her being a seperate character (albeit a clone of Marth).

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I did set my expectations for the Fire Emblem series to get at least 3 reps at first, but after watching the recent unveil trailer, I was very surprised that the FE series now has 4 reps.

Either way, I am still happy that Lucina and Robin made it in.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, if Marth is slower, perhaps Lucina will be a faster alternative. Looking forward to learning more.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Well, if Marth is slower, perhaps Lucina will be a faster alternative. Looking forward to learning more.
I'm thinking that Marth's air game was changed and then given to Lucina, in a way.

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
NO WORDS. ONLY TEARS.

As a massive Fire Emblem fan, today felt like Christmas to me. I love everything about both of the characters who are joining the battle from Awakening.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Leather tastes bad.

Ahem, anyway I'm very glad Robin was confirmed. Sad to see Chrom as part of the Final Smash, but at the same time it's awesome? I'm mixed about Lucina, I didn't think Sakurai/The Developers would be leaning towards having a Shoto-character, if that's her case. If she's just a clone...

That could make matters worse.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
We got the Lucina who marries male Robin.

They obviously eloped and ran away to smash to escape the tyrant Chrom who gets beat down and denied entry by none other than Captain Falcon, the knee of justice.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
That one part of the trailer where Lucina says she'll join the fight...

The face she made looked really weird.

Edit -

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah, that's right. Chrom will just lie there crying like a wimp while at least Lucina could take a hit and maintain her resolve.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
I did set my expectations for the Fire Emblem series to get at least 3 reps at first, but after watching the recent unveil trailer, I was very surprised that the FE series now has 4 reps.
Called FE getting 4 reps over a year ago. :D Anyway, if Starfox gets 3, FE can certainly have 4.

Also is it just me..... Or do the pictures on the Smashbros website actually portray Marth as more feminine than Lucina? XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom