• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
There are problems with Eruption, but the color isn't one of them.
I meant that as 'at the very least'..

Yeah, I was already disappointed to see Eruption rather than the Ragnell projectile for a special.. Having it remain the typical orange/red rather than at least changing it to blue to actually SUIT the character is just a complete lack of oversight.

I'm hoping that we're just judging it too early though. For all we know, the actual explosion is blue and who knows? Maybe Eruption actually has some new properties like releasing a projectile/wave or something.

If it functions and looks exactly the same as it did in Brawl though, I honestly would be pretty miffed.

Hong

The Strongest
It would be cool if it created a secondary area of effect, so that even if you don't get a direct hit, you could get some stage presence and shield pressure. I'm talking along the lines of Metagross' Earthquake in size with a decent enough charge.

Hong

The Strongest
Lissa will be the new Fire Emblem representative for Smash 4.

Hong

The Strongest
Ike is cut, guys. Sorry to be the one to tell you this but he won't be appearing in the new Smash Bros. Chrom will be joining Marth this time, just like Roy joined Marth before.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Ike is cut, guys. Sorry to be the one to tell you this but he won't be appearing in the new Smash Bros. Chrom will be joining Marth this time, just like Roy joined Marth before.
Patterns matter more than anything, Chrom is replacing Ike just like Greninja is replacing Lucario.

Hong

The Strongest
Anybody see how Chrom's VA apparently still hasn't been contacted for Smash Bros. ?
Yeah. He's going to be like "I CAN'T ANSWER THAT RIGHT NOW"

No. That doesn't totally give away the fact he has something to hide.

Nope.

Not
at
all.

:troll:

I get it people are thirsty for information, but this is kind of silly. It is way, WAY better to lie and say "No" than to break an NDA within a season of the game's release. That would be so absurdly stupid. Give Matthew Mercer more credit than that. He's an intelligent guy.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I meant that as 'at the very least'..

Yeah, I was already disappointed to see Eruption rather than the Ragnell projectile for a special.. Having it remain the typical orange/red rather than at least changing it to blue to actually SUIT the character is just a complete lack of oversight.

I'm hoping that we're just judging it too early though. For all we know, the actual explosion is blue and who knows? Maybe Eruption actually has some new properties like releasing a projectile/wave or something.

If it functions and looks exactly the same as it did in Brawl though, I honestly would be pretty miffed.
Honestly, I don't get this whole argument about how Eruption should be blue. Eruption is based on Bolganone, it is perfectly fine the way it is. Its weird and unfitting that Ike uses it, but whatever, that doesn't bother me too much.

But if Ike doesn't raise his sword with swirling blue flames around him catching enemies in his attack, then allowing him to perform Great Aether (the "final attack of Radiant Dawn" version) then I'll be annoyed.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Honestly, I don't get this whole argument about how Eruption should be blue. Eruption is based on Bolganone, it is perfectly fine the way it is. Its weird and unfitting that Ike uses it, but whatever, that doesn't bother me too much.

But if Ike doesn't raise his sword with swirling blue flames around him catching enemies in his attack, then allowing him to perform Great Aether (the "final attack of Radiant Dawn" version) then I'll be annoyed.
I agree, though i still don't think that eruption is a useful move.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, yeah, I definitely agree it'd have been better off if Ike got a different move instead of Eruption. But I hate this notion that Eruption MUST have blue flames. That should be his Final Smash, but Eruption matches up perfectly with Bolganone. Making Bolganone blue would clash with the original setup.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well, yeah, I definitely agree it'd have been better off if Ike got a different move instead of Eruption. But I hate this notion that Eruption MUST have blue flames. That should be his Final Smash, but Eruption matches up perfectly with Bolganone. Making Bolganone blue would clash with the original setup.
Well yes i mean it's called eruption, so it's supposed to resemble magma (like bolganone) and i don't think that lava is blue. Now with that said i definetly hope that his final smash stays and it's flashier than ever, complete with the blue falmes or course.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well yes i mean it's called eruption, so it's supposed to resemble magma (like bolganone) and i don't think that lava is blue. Now with that said i definetly hope that his final smash stays and it's flashier than ever, complete with the blue falmes or course.
I won't mind it staying, but the intro should change I think. Make the intro almost identical to the cutscene right before Ike attacks the Radiant Dawn final boss where Yune grants Ike all her power (perhaps without Yune appearing). Anyone within range of Ike will get caught in the flames, then he throws them into the air and performs Great Aether as normal.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I won't mind it staying, but the intro should change I think. Make the intro almost identical to the cutscene right before Ike attacks the Radiant Dawn final boss where Yune grants Ike all her power (perhaps without Yune appearing). Anyone within range of Ike will get caught in the flames, then he throws them into the air and performs Great Aether as normal.
Let's not make Yune appear, you know so she and Micaiah can be playable.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I never liked bologna.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Let's not make Yune appear, you know so she and Micaiah can be playable.
Micaiah as an AT or as part of Ike's Final Smash is about the best you can hope for, unfortunately. Ike already represents the Tellius games and its a disservice to other FE universes if we get two Tellius playable characters, as much as I think the Tellius games are probably the best in the series (of the ones I've played, I haven't played Awakening).

If Micaiah is playable I wouldn't mind it at all. I just don't think it'll happen. :p

Hong

The Strongest
Lissa will be the only new Fire Emblem character we get to play as.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Perhaps he was counting Roy as the second representative of Smash Brothers? It seems logical.
Perhaps. (Heck, I think its even possible we might get Roy back. Slim chance, but he and Mewtwo are the only cut characters people really want back.)

Hong

The Strongest
Now's as good a time as ever. How do you pronounce bolganone, myrmidon, and manakete while we're at it.
Bolganone: Boll-Gan-Non (the e is trying to fool you) It's like Bull-Gannon, if that helps.
Myrmidon: Mirr-Mid-Don
These two I am sure, given they are based on existing language.

Manakete: This is fun. If it's all based on the Japanese "Mamukuto", I would say "Manna-Keh-tey", but there is some reason to believe localization wants us to say 'Manna-Keet", like parakeet. The translation "mamukoot" was probably never meant to be found, though, so go with the first one.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Now's as good a time as ever. How do you pronounce bolganone, myrmidon, and manakete while we're at it.
Since some older fan translations translated the spell name as "Volcannon*", I assume Bolganone is pronounced similarly.

For myrmidon, see here.

And IDK at all about Manakete.

*Volcannon should be the official translation. SO MUCH COOLER SOUNDING.

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Since some older fan translations translated the spell name as "Volcannon*", I assume Bolganone is pronounced similarly.

For myrmidon, see here.

And IDK at all about Manakete.

*Volcannon should be the official translation. SO MUCH COOLER SOUNDING.
Good I've been pronouncing myrmidon correctly this whole time, Bolganone also.

Hong

The Strongest
I bet everyone thinks I'm trolling when I say Lissa is going to be a playable character. I hope you are all ready to be wrong.
I thought ganon was a boar :troll:
Yeah. Just like yer mum.:troll:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
For music, I hope that FE gets a medley and has FE4's awesome End of Despair in it. Or for the theme itself to be remade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj1J29RrYm4

Also, predicting the Tactician to revealed: The Tactician tips the scales!

As well as a Lucina and Chrom AT.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I throw in my lot and my sword with Lucina.

I shall bear my mocking with dignity should the worst come to pass, and my righteous smugness with fury should my prayers be answered.

Let our quarrels be stilled anon. War is upon us, and I bid you all fare well.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I throw in my lot and my sword with Lucina.

I shall bear my mocking with dignity should the worst come to pass, and my righteous smugness with fury should my prayers be answered.

Let our quarrels be stilled anon. War is upon us, and I bid you all fare well.
?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom