• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
If we get another Fire Emblem assist trophy, I really hope it's someone from the Jugdral series. FE4+5 have gotten literally no representation in Smash Bros. at all. Sigurd, please.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
How about someone like Anna or Caeda as AT choices? Heck, how about one of the characters that helped define particular FE character archetypes like Jagen?
I'd be more thrilled if Caeda was playable. In fact, I'd like to have a character that shows more of FE's weapon triangle, swords gave already been covered.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think if there's a FE newcomer it's either going to be Chrom or no one. Micaiah doesn't really make sense as a playable character in comparison to Chrom, we already have a Tellius series representative, and Awakening was very successful. This is why I see Micaiah would be more likely as an Assist rather than a fighter.
Micaiah is the most recent non-sword lord, since I don't think Robin technically is. I don't really want another male sword user.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Still holding out hope for a manakete AT who burns the stage (Tiki is ruled out though, so I don't expect it.)

Hong

The Strongest
I wish Micaiah had been the new standard for a lord instead of Ike.

I think it adds more to the experience when the leading and most pivotal piece on the battlefield isn't the most powerful. Lords who instead focus on utility and support is a cool concept. I would have loved to have had a Heron as a lord, with their different supporting galdrs.

I think Path of Radiance would have been an even better game if it followed the story starting from Elincia, switched over to the Greil Mercenaries, and then it was all about Elincia, Ike, and his chief staff going forward. Nothing against Rhys or Mist, but she could have been the healer and back-up fighter just fine.
Still holding out hope for a manakete AT who burns the stage (Tiki is ruled out though, so I don't expect it.)
Or perhaps the reason she was shown is because she is an AT. :b Since the footage for the direct used a build of the game that had been probably been compiled a few months before we had seen it, it's possible that she would not be ready to show off yet.

Judging from the trophy stand, it looks like it was snapped on the 3DS version, so it's hard to say if that was not derived from a higher res render they could use on the Wii U.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I wish Micaiah had been the new standard for a lord instead of Ike.

I think it adds more to the experience when the leading and most pivotal piece on the battlefield isn't the most powerful. Lords who instead focus on utility and support is a cool concept. I would have loved to have had a Heron as a lord, with their different supporting galdrs.

I think Path of Radiance would have been an even better game if it followed the story starting from Elincia, switched over to the Greil Mercenaries, and then it was all about Elincia, Ike, and his chief staff going forward. Nothing against Rhys or Mist, but she could have been the healer and back-up fighter just fine.
Or perhaps the reason she was shown is because she is an AT. :b Since the footage for the direct used a build of the game that had been probably been compiled a few months before we had seen it, it's possible that she would not be ready to show off yet.

Judging from the trophy stand, it looks like it was snapped on the 3DS version, so it's hard to say if that was not derived from a higher res render they could use on the Wii U.
Elinica is one of my fave characters, I used her as much as possible in RD so I could bring her in end game.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Elinica is one of my fave characters, I used her as much as possible in RD so I could bring her in end game.
Having too many characters from the same game/continent might not be a good idea in terms of "balancing" the series as well as angering some fans. It is similar to Pokemon, I guess. Like, I just want them to acknowledge Jugdral, anything, no characters, stages, whatever, chances are pretty much nonexistent for those, but like, a trophy? Assist? Sticker? c'mon.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Having too many characters from the same game/continent might not be a good idea in terms of "balancing" the series as well as angering some fans. It is similar to Pokemon, I guess. Like, I just want them to acknowledge Jugdral, anything, no characters, stages, whatever, chances are pretty much nonexistent for those, but like, a trophy? Assist? Sticker? c'mon.
I get you. I'm bummed that Gen 2 in Pokemon only had Pichu for a playable character as it's only one. I hope FE get's more AT's.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, I checked the trophy (Melee and Brawl) and sticker list, and there doesn't seem to be Sigurd and Leif.

But you guys are right on the Gaiden music [With Mila's Divine Protection]. Which makes me wonder why there isn't any FE4 and 5 content, even if it's just something small.

Edit: Worth mentioning that the third game is available in Masterpieces, but only in the Japanese version. I'm sure ya'll know that already though haha. I also checked the beta content list (hoping to find some FE5 stuff), but only found one unused song: Chosen Ones -- FE3.
I was going to say, the only content we didn't get is FE4 and 5. But I guess you could count that palette swap Marth has which slightly resembles Leif's colour design.

Hmm, makes me wonder if the FE fighters will get alt costumes... Awakening Marth pls kthxbai or this:

pls Sakurai

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I think they could implement the weapon triangle with robin too, since there isn't something necessarily canon that he/she uses.I was thinking of a weapon type change kind of moveset, down b would change his type from physical to magic weapons and viceversa, physical type would use sword slash for recovery, a lance rush for side b and a huge axe swing for regular b, while the magic type would use wind magic for recovery, fire for a side b and lighting for regular projectiles. They could also change some of his/her properties between types, like the physical type has faster falling speed and doesn't have good recovery but has stronger melee attacks, while the magic has slower falling speed, better recovery but weaker melee attacks.

Hong

The Strongest
Male dark mage co-lead that gets staves on promotion. He must conquer the world in order to save it from itself.
Female soldier-based co-lead that opposed him, but learns about the gravity behind what he must do and defends him on his journey.

Do it.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Male dark mage co-lead that gets staves on promotion. He must conquer the world in order to save it from itself.
Female soldier-based co-lead that opposed him, but learns about the gravity behind what he must do and defends him on his journey.

Do it.
How about "Harken and Keith: Journey to the White Castle."

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Do it.
Something about that set up sounds very familiar...

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
I always see people talk about the protagonists of FE being in Smash Brothers so I decided to make a thread dedicated to the possible FE villains for smash. So who out of the villains do you think would make a good rep? DISCUSS!

andimidna

Smash Master
Ehh... there's too many good/deserving protagonists to start considering a villain from Fire Emblem.

A 3-4 character roster with Marth and Ike. And then the Awakening lords, Robin/Tactician, or Anna.

Until there's a prominent/popular/important/recurring villain that's getting requested, nah.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Robin is technically a villain.

That's probably the closest we'll ever get to having a Fire Emblem villain on the roster.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think people are not asking for a Fire Emblem Villain, because most villains in Fire Emblem games have no redeeming features and are detestable when it comes to being likable characters.

The Fire Emblem Protagonists tend to be the most liked, because they are interesting and developed characters with flaws.

The Fire Emblem Villains tend to lack any redeeming qualities to them.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
I think people are not asking for a Fire Emblem Villain, because most villains in Fire Emblem games have no redeeming features and are detestable when it comes to being likable characters.

The Fire Emblem Protagonists tend to be the most liked, because they are interesting and developed characters with flaws.

The Fire Emblem Villains tend to lack any redeeming qualities to them.
Now that you mention it they are kind of just typical villains aren`t they? I think Black Knight is an exception to that rule though. He is like the Sephiroth of FE when he enters the battlefield he takes it over. (at least that is what I think) He is the only FE villain that was memorable to me. Oh also King Ashnard to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom