• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Glad that one of my mains from Brawl is back!

Anyways, I'm still thinking that even with Ike's inclusion, it is still possible to have one more rep from the Fire Emblem series.

Hong

The Strongest
Please don't bring back Jason Adkin's wimpy voice for what is now a big, strong, muscular Ike.

Nintendo has changed SO MUCH since Brawl. They can do better.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
'AIGHT THAT'S 2/3 MUH FIRE EMBLEM PICK
LEGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:)

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Please don't bring back Jason Adkin's wimpy voice for what is now a big, strong, muscular Ike.

Jason Adkins still voiced Ike in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Who could be a good replacement if he ever was to be replaced? I'd like to see Grant George or Keith Silverstein.

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Hey at least they went with his FE10 design. Adds variety to the (pretty-looking wimp) roster, and I have a feeling that will make him more popular amongst some players that tended to ignore him.

At least the whole 'carrying a two-handed sword with one hand' deal looks more believable now. Kudos on your return, Ike!

Is that supposed to be Ragnell's ranged attack? I hope it is, Sakurai has been doing more research on the characters, and I didn't like much that Ike had Eruption instead of that.
That animation looks familiar, so I put on Brawl and... ah!

Yeah, it's down smash.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
That animation looks familiar, so I put on Brawl and... ah!

Yeah, it's down smash.
Aw well, that's kinda disappointing. Thanks for the clarification though. Still hoping for that change, Sakurai seems to be staying more faithful to canon this time.

Hong

The Strongest
Jason Adkins still voiced Ike in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Who could be a good replacement if he ever was to be replaced? I'd like to see Grant George or Keith Silverstein.
Yes, he did voice Ike in RD, but I was not overly pleased with the English voice cast for that game.

I would nominate Jamieson Price. He only did a few lines for Priam in Awakening, but did them well.

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Yes, he did voice Ike in RD, but I was not overly pleased with the English voice cast for that game.

I would nominate Jamieson Price. He only did a few lines for Priam in Awakening, but did them well.
I feel Jamieson Price would be a bit too deep for Ike. Considering his tone of voice in Japanese even in FE10. Then again, Priam was voiced by Daisuke Ono in Japan and also sounded a bit soft...

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well that's one long drawn out battle said and done.

Even though I did paritcipate in some of the debate on the logic on Ike coming back or not, as a Ike main in Brawl, I can't help but be happy about the situation.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So what FE antagonists have a chance in making it to the roster? I've been curious and I barely know anything about FE. What about Black Knight and Ashera? Those were villains in the games Ike were in right?

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace

Has Adkins done anything since or is Ike his only role?

On one hand Jamieson Price is absolutely glorious. On the other hand I have to agree that he's a little to deep for Ike. Liam O' Brian, perhaps? Matt Mercer?(OH WAIT) I dunno. Maybe Price WOULD fit better now that he has the FE10 meathead look.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's hard to say at this point. I don't think Ikes presense necessarily seals the coffin for anyone since many of us considered the possibility of three FE this time around. Though all left to be seen.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
This goes towards more of my theory that Chrom is the last pick for the roster, as once they knew of Awakening's popularity they'd be able to make a half Ike, half Marth clone pretty quickly. That's just my thought.

D

Deleted member

So what FE antagonists have a chance in making it to the roster? I've been curious and I barely know anything about FE. What about Black Knight and Ashera? Those were villains in the games Ike were in right?
Ashera was the final boss of Radiant Dawn (spoiler) and Black Knight is a recurring, extremely powerful enemy, who eventually joins the player's side as a part of Micaiah's faction (spoiler). Given just how brutally strong these two characters are canonically, I don't feel like they would work. Also, Black Knight is naturally a large character model who in-game is essentially a tank that is hard to damage and just deals heavy hits. I think Black Knight is so slow that he wouldn't be enjoyable (general class characters don't really jump), and really compared to the protagonists like Ike, Chrom, etc. I feel like the Lords and other protagonists would have priority over him in being added to the roster.

Also, Ashera being the final boss would be somewhat difficult in the sense that she:

a) is extremely powerful (although extremely powerful forces like Mewtwo and Ganondorf have been put in, so this may be irrelevant)
b) As a final boss, she doesn't really move that much at all, instead, she has an army of elemental "spirits" which surround her, also, she only uses one attack that deals major damage, and while certainly a moveset could be created for her (Like what Sakurai did with Captain Falcon), the fact that she doesn't move in FE poses a problem from the standpoint of balancing her mobility.
c) Doesn't really have much of a following/fanbase, which is a problem faced by many FE final bosses (aside from the fact that many of them have such unusual body types that they probably wouldn't work in Smash regardless) because typically each game in the franchise has a different final boss that is incredibly powerful. It doesn't help that she essentially splits this responsibility in the Tellius Region (as Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn took place on the same continent) with King Ashnard of Daein, who was the final boss of Path of Radiance (the first Tellius game).

Hong

The Strongest
Jokes aside, would be a shame if we got someone boring if we got a third Fire Emblem representative at all. Micaiah, along with Anna, Robin, Ephraim and even Eirika is more interesting than the prospect of Chrom.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
It seems that Ike is advertising Awakening on his page. It wouldn't surprise me if we got a Fire Emblem character that has nothing to do with Awakening (such as Roy) and they advertise Awakening also. :laugh:

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
I love how Ike was revealed the day I reached part 3 in my Radiant Dawn playthrough. Coincidence? I think not. :b:

But anyway it looks like we're going to have the 3 blue haired swordsman after all. I really don't think Ike's return affects Chrom's already high chance at all.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Jokes aside, would be a shame if we got someone boring if we got a third Fire Emblem representative at all. Micaiah, along with Anna, Robin, Ephraim and even Eirika is more interesting than the prospect of Chrom.
Watch tables be flipped as Chrom is confirmed at E3.:troll:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
It seems that Ike is advertising Awakening on his page. It wouldn't surprise me if we got a Fire Emblem character that has nothing to do with Awakening (such as Roy) and they advertise Awakening also. :laugh:
So did Marth. Not only that, they decided not to use either of their designs from Awakening. Hopefully we get a non-Awakening rep. If we do, I pray it'll be Robin.

Hong

The Strongest
Watch tables be flipped as Chrom is confirmed at E3.:troll:
Nah. They spent the rest of their budget on bringing back the most wanted veteran: Young Link.

Honestly though, it would be unreasonable to discount Chrom, who is quite possible.

Got to be pragmatic. If he has a very distinct gameplay niche, I can't complain.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Nah. They spent the rest of their budget on bringing back the most wanted veteran: Young Link.

Honestly though, it would be unreasonable to discount Chrom, who is quite possible.

Got to be pragmatic. If he has a very distinct gameplay niche, I can't complain.
I actually wanted Young Link to return :( I hate Toon Link. If they had Pichu in over him....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom