• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If Fire Emblem gets 3 reps it should be Marth, Ike and Micaiah with Radiant Dawn and Awakening having stages for Wii U and 3DS respectively.
I completely agree with the idea of Micaiah joining, not only is she well known being the protagonist of the Radiant Dawn but I feel she'd be an incredibly fresh edition not only to Smash but also as an FE representative because:

a) She's NOT a blue-haired sword-wielding Lord Class character
b) Since she's canonically a mage, she would also be the first "true" magic user to join the roster ("Zelda don't count" to quote @Warchamp7 ) and I feel that there are loads of things that Sakurai could do with her and her light magic to make her a unique and altogether enjoyable addition.

But for now, given the prominence of FE: Awakening and Chrom it seems she might just be on my wishlist for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I completely agree with the idea of Micaiah joining, not only is she well known being the protagonist of the Radiant Dawn but I feel she'd be an incredibly fresh edition not only to Smash but also as an FE representative because:

a) She's NOT a blue-haired sword-wielding Lord Class character
b) Since she's canonically a mage, she would also be the first "true" magic user to join the roster ("Zelda don't count" to quote @Warchamp7 ) and I feel that there are loads of things that Sakurai could do with her and her light magic to make her a unique and altogether enjoyable addition.

But for now, given the prominence of FE: Awakening and Chrom it seems she might just be on my wishlist for the time being.
Yeah. I'd also take Ephraim over Chrom, or Tharja even... but that wouldn't happen.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. I'd also take Ephraim over Chrom, or Tharja even... but that wouldn't happen.
Yeah.
<------- I don't think my avatar will ever happen either, but I can dream. Maybe she'll even be a trophy haha.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Robin is very possible for a Mage character, though would probably be mixed with a sword and magic.
I don't want The Avatar as a playable character. I find him/her as uninteresting as Chrom.

Yeah.
<------- I don't think my avatar will ever happen either, but I can dream. Maybe she'll even be a trophy haha.
Well Tharja is pretty popular so I could see her being an AT atleast.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Come to think of it, I would really like to see a Fire Emblem Representative who is an axe user (Hector anyone?), who would play even heavier than Ike (if that's possible). Unfortunately, of course, Hector has blue hair like past FE representatives.:ohwell:

Or as @ praline praline mentioned, Ephraim being a Lance lord would be another fresh/unique option, because he would break the trend and also be the first proper lance user in Smash. I know Ephraim would immediately be my new main if he somehow got in.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I don't want The Avatar as a playable character. I find him/her as uninteresting as Chrom.

Well Tharja is pretty popular so I could see her being an AT atleast.
A least Robin would play unique and not be a Lucas or Luigi

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yes but which of the two is more relevant? At this point Michia is just a pipedream like Ridley
Relevancy isn't everything or else Pit, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Marth and Mr. Game and Watch would never have been playable.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Relevancy isn't everything or else Pit, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Marth and Mr. Game and Watch would never have been playable.
that argument is only applicable when talking about a franchise (except Marth he FE's Pikachu) that ALSO isn't relevant. FE is still relevant, so they are going to pick new characters, just like Pokemon, FE13 is only a few years old, so they are going to pick a character that might just sell more of the game. I'm sick of people using that argument for everything relevancy only matters for the franchise.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Finally, we don't have to argue about Ike being in!

He looks too swaggy, with the design I wanted, yes!

Igneous42

Smash Ace
HOOORAY!!! I never assumed he would be cut but always did kinda fear he might be. Of the unannounced characters he's the only one who I though might be "at risk" I cared about. And he looks ****ing awesome in this one, love the Radiant Dawn look! Still assuming we will get an Awakening rep personally, so three FE characters would be awesome

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I ****ING TOLD YOU!!!!! IKE WAS GOING NOWHERE!!!

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
This, in my opinion, confirms every other character we thought might get cut except maybe Snake. He had probably the least chance of returning, so we can all prepare ourselves for Wolf, Lucas, ROB, Ganon, and co.

D

Deleted member

Thank god Ike returned. There were no good reasons for axing him and I knew Sakurai wasn't just going to cut characters out of the way.

So we are getting three Fire Emblem characters after all.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Thank god Ike returned. There were no good reasons for axing him and I knew Sakurai wasn't just going to cut characters out of the way.

So we are getting three Fire Emblem characters after all.
Yeah. And about damn time for a series with that big of a library.

****in' Starfox...

Color me 100% hype, because my only real fear for the game (that Ike would be replaced, which not only meant I'd lose my favorite lord, but I couldn't really get excited about Chrom because he'd probably leave the next game or whatever.) is now over! Party time!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Now that Ike is back, I don't care anymore for FE discussion.
I agree.

Marth, Ike and Chrom is the trio that we're going to get, in all probability. Heh, I'm glad that my faith in Ike paid off in such a spectacular fashion. :)

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG

Look at that. Look at how manly that is. Ike has been lifting. You wish you were as manly as that. Did you hear something? You did. It's the sound of panties hitting the floor.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad that Ike is returning. He was my powerhouse main in Brawl and I'm loving that they gave him his Radiant Dawn look over his Path of Radiance look. He looks prepared to face Nintendo's All Stars more than ever before. Though I do wonder if they're going to alter his moveset slightly to differentiate himself more so than the last game. Like, changing his side B to that blade beam he has in Radiant Dawn? Maybe changing his down special to something like Luna? I also wonder if he gets a new Final Smash. I hope not, as Great Aether was definitely one of the most visually appealing Final Smashes in the game. Maybe alter it some so we Yune powering Ike? With this reveal, I'm now more hyped than ever. My favorite Fire Emblem character (not counting Robin, as he is a created character) is here, and I couldn't be happier.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I'm so glad Ike is back. He's my favorite FE lord, and really the only heavy weight character I enjoyed playing as in Brawl. And as expected, he's got the older Radiant Dawn look now, which is just badass.

Ok E3. Bring on the THIRD blue hair guy sword guy person. :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We currently have Aether and Counter confirmed. My guess is that Eruption might be replaced with the Sword Beam. (I'll miss the super armour though.)

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
hmmm I'm sort of dissapointed. Only sort of. This probably means we are getting three reps, but now we can only get one more instead of two newcomers.

Final Smash Ideas?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder if there's a chance Eruption could be given to Chrom/Roy (IF he comes back, which is a big if) while Ike gets his Ragnell's ranged attack? Sakurai did talk about wanting to implement it in Brawl but talked about it being too powerful. Perhaps he's find a way to implement it?

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one thinking that they showed a fire emblem character because we'll have a fire emblem newcomer at E3 ?

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one thinking that they showed a fire emblem character because we'll have a fire emblem newcomer at E3 ?
You're not alone in that think. I doubt we'll see Chrom at E3 though, unless he has a really unique and interesting play style that no one else would have.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
YES IKE

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

By far my favorite reveal so far. I'm offended some people thought there was a chance he wouldn't be back

Hong

The Strongest
Ike has returned.

The Fire Emblem community is at peace.

I am 100% okay with the fact I doubted Ike, and so happy to see I was wrong.

He had honestly a horrible design in Brawl. He looked better in his source material. Now he could very well be my favourite returning character.

RIDICULOUSLY handsome, stern and grumpy demeanor, a body crafted by the gods, and the sword of legends in hand... this is without a doubt the Ike we all know and love, and he has no sympathy for you.

D

Deleted member

Curiously, his japanese page gives a link to the Radiant Dawn's japanese page, while the american's and european's give to the Awakening's western pages.

Just like with Marth...

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
This, in my opinion, confirms every other character we thought might get cut except maybe Snake. He had probably the least chance of returning, so we can all prepare ourselves for Wolf, Lucas, ROB, Ganon, and co.
Why must they be cut, because we're going to believe a leak? I would really be upset if G&W and ROB were cut since they're entirely unique characters and made retro characters really stand out from the pack. (Granted ROB could have been implemented better, but they both deserve to stay.) As for Wolf and Lucas, they're already part of franchises with low representation so cut them out so that they're back to being minimal? If any 4th person should have been cut, its Toon Link. Pay no attention to the leak, its a lie.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Hey at least they went with his FE10 design. Adds variety to the (pretty-looking wimp) roster, and I have a feeling that will make him more popular amongst some players that tended to ignore him.

At least the whole 'carrying a two-handed sword with one hand' deal looks more believable now. Kudos on your return, Ike!

Is that supposed to be Ragnell's ranged attack? I hope it is, Sakurai has been doing more research on the characters, and I didn't like much that Ike had Eruption instead of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom