• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Id~purpose has been confirmed on Arena Ferox, I believe. The Fire Emblem theme would probably be the other track.
I don't think that's necessarily been confirmed, but it was used for showing off Tiki's trophy, which looked like it was on the 3DS. So, assuming that the tracks they used actually appear in the game, then Id (Purpose) most likely plays in Arena Ferox.

...I do have to wonder what the implications of Robin's theme song being in the game are.

Rather than continue this controversial topic, as I said before, we need a new topic. Does anyone think we would have a Wii U Fire Emblem stage? If so, would you think it could have a boss?
I've always liked the idea of the Dragon's Table being a stage. Maybe Grima could have some sort of appearance there.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I find it more likely that it is victory theme for Fire Emblem.
Wait, are you suggesting that Id (Purpose) is the new victory theme for Fire Emblem? I mean, right after playing that section of Id, they played the actual Fire Emblem victory theme, if I recall.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wait, are you suggesting that Id (Purpose) is the new victory theme for Fire Emblem? I mean, right after playing that section of Id, they played the actual Fire Emblem victory theme, if I recall.
No, I wasn't saying that. I got a little confused there, sorry.

I actually didn't know when Id~Purpose was played in the direct. I knew it was confirmed only from other users. *shrugs*

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
No, I wasn't saying that. I got a little confused there, sorry.

I actually didn't know when Id~Purpose was played in the direct. I knew it was confirmed only from other users. *shrugs*
It plays right when they tease Tiki's trophy.

Hong

The Strongest
I would be surprised if Duty or a medley of all the battle themes is not featured on Arena Ferox. It is a highly suitable track, and was the music which the game originally featured. There will be at least one other song on the 3DS version, but what that is is anyone's guess. There is no reason to assume it will be Purpose yet, given that the track was probably added to the Direct by the media staff and not the developers.

That said, it would certainly not disappoint.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
By the way, Arena Ferox being only limited to two songs feels like a missed opportunity.
Hopefully we'll get a Fire Emblem stage in the Wii U version that has more Awakening songs.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Ok fine.....we'll have Owain and the Avatar (female) in the background, while Tharja is giving a jealous stare from the corner.
Robin has great chance of being playable, so don't go throwing her/him around as a stage decoration. Especially since we're getting three reps for sure, two or one Awakening reps. Ike still has a good chance though...not.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Robin has great chance of being playable, so don't go throwing her/him around as a stage decoration. Especially since we're getting three reps for sure, two or one Awakening reps. Ike still has a good chance though...not.
You're right, Robin should also be an assist trophy :troll:.

Meanwhile, nobody is considering the factor of the Wii U stage being based on something from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
Gooby Pls

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
My wish list would be something across Marth, Chrom, Ike and Robin (and lyn, but ********! :c). still, they really should use atlernate costumes more, and better alternates costumes, as some people said, one that changes the model, the voice set and the set name (and maybe the taunts) so, they could insert "clone" characters without investing serious developing time and taking character slots...

Marth/Masked marth true identity would be a pretty good choice. and who knows, maybe Chrom/Roy could also work. since Roy's new design also have the shield thingie on his shoulder, and since that shield thingie on chrom become something important during the game, i wouldn't mind defining chrom playstyle (as to making it different of Marth/Ike). I admit i dont know anything of black knight, but maybe he could also work as an alternate of Ike?

Still, im really rooting a lot for Robin Y.Y that would the best FE addition IMO.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
You're right, Robin should also be an assist trophy :troll:.

Gooby Pls
You sick creature. I've never seen someone that shallow since Justin Bieber hit puberty.
My wish list would be something across Marth, Chrom, Ike and Robin (and lyn, but ********! :c). still, they really should use atlernate costumes more, and better alternates costumes, as some people said, one that changes the model, the voice set and the set name (and maybe the taunts) so, they could insert "clone" characters without investing serious developing time and taking character slots...

Marth/Masked marth true identity would be a pretty good choice. and who knows, maybe Chrom/Roy could also work. since Roy's new design also have the shield thingie on his shoulder, and since that shield thingie on chrom become something important during the game, i wouldn't mind defining chrom playstyle (as to making it different of Marth/Ike). I admit i dont know anything of black knight, but maybe he could also work as an alternate of Ike?

Still, im really rooting a lot for Robin Y.Y that would the best FE addition IMO.
Four FE characters is overdoing it. Three is the most likely right now, I refuse to accept only two FE reps.

Chrom gets a shield, Ike is slow and strong, Marth is agile, and Robin has magic. I just realized how the fire emblem could be a trait of Chrom if he gets in, I've never noticed this before. After this smash the new FE reps will be dull. The new lords better start with an axe or lance, no sword or blue hair. I don't want anymore blue haired sword lords, maybe once in a while, but not for the next two games.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That could work. I personally think the Dragon's Table would make a good stage.
I feel it would be a little... sparse.

I mean the location might have been awesome in game, but if you think about it, it wasn't that varied a landscape. How about that platform what's her face jumps from? That'd be pretty funny.

Seriously speaking, I feel castles are the best of the FE series, but I could see a port being interesting, or maybe that giant tree.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I feel it would be a little... sparse.

I mean the location might have been awesome in game, but if you think about it, it wasn't that varied a landscape. How about that platform what's her face jumps from? That'd be pretty funny.

Seriously speaking, I feel castles are the best of the FE series, but I could see a port being interesting, or maybe that giant tree.
Sparse? I mean, I guess there wasn't a whole lot in that chamber aside from the giant force field, but I always thought the area had a nice overall design to it, and since it's the location of one of the more significant parts of the game, there could be some interesting plot related hazards. Maybe I'm remembering it a little differently than it actually was...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sparse? I mean, I guess there wasn't a whole lot in that chamber aside from the giant force field, but I always thought the area had a nice overall design to it, and since it's the location of one of the more significant parts of the game, there could be some interesting plot related hazards. Maybe I'm remembering it a little differently than it actually was...
I just remember a big empty room, lol.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, Arena Ferox was also kind of a big, empty room, if you want to look at it that way.
Fair point. They do well making something out of nothing. Look at Pokefloats, that wasn't cannon at all, haha. I agree that it was a location central to the storyline, and in that sense, would make a good stage.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Fair point. They do well making something out of nothing. Look at Pokefloats, that wasn't cannon at all, haha. I agree that it was a location central to the storyline, and in that sense, would make a good stage.
Oh, please tell me we aren't going to get another Castle Siege stage for the Wii U version... With so many possibilities, that would be such a waste to just make up a non-canon stage again.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh, please tell me we aren't going to get another Castle Siege stage for the Wii U version... With so many possibilities, that would be such a waste to just make up a non-canon stage again.
While I see your point, Castle Siege was visually appealing, and fun to play on as well. If I had played Ike's games, I might have been a little more irked, but I skipped over the console FE's. I really only can enjoy those games on the go, for some reason. I'll play them when my S4 can start emulating gamecube games.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
What are the chances of Jugdral representation? Give me something! D:
Also Glass needs some love. The gods fear his name, after all.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Seriously they should change the name of that game to:

It's more fitting.

As for Fire emblem characters, I just want Ike to be revealed. I couldn't care less for FE Awakening characters.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

It's more fitting.

As for Fire emblem characters, I just want Ike to be revealed. I couldn't care less for FE Awakening characters.
I've never quite understood why this bothers people so much to be honest. FE has had support oriented pairing before in past games. Awakening just took it to, I admit, an more extreme verison and open ended the pairing progress.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654

It's more fitting.

I know that this is a joke, but some people are extremely serious about this. This isn't a "Waifu Simulator", this is only part of the gameplay. if you want a real simulator of the waifus go to newgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom