• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Who else has been lucky/BEXP abusive enough to always get a perfect Ike?

Perfect Ike = Capped HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Def. Res/Mag can bugger off.
I have, and it wasn't that much of a pain either... What's more of a pain is getting perfect stats for your healer like Mist or Rhys.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I have, and it wasn't that of a pain either... What's more of a pain is getting perfect stats for your healer like Mist or Rhys.
I tend not to bother. I make sure Mist never sees combat and slap a staff into Ilyana's hand once she promotes. It usually suffices until Elincia comes along.

Speaking of which, why hasn't there been a playable Pegasus Knight in Smash yet?! :( They're one of the more iconic things about FE, I feel.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who would like to see Micaiah (Spelling fail) as a playable character over chrom? She is a femail FE character who uses mainly magic, It would be good, a new female character from fire emblem would be boss, lucina is too close to marth

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Am I the only one who would like to see Micaiah (Spelling fail) as a playable character over chrom?
No you are not. There are lots of people I would personally rather be playable than Chrom, but sadly most of them just won't happen.

nessokman

Smash Lord
No you are not. There are lots of people I would personally rather be playable than Chrom, but sadly most of them just won't happen.
I'd say Micaiah is still somewhat relevant, she was in the second to last game to come out.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Am I the only one who would like to see Micaiah (Spelling fail) as a playable character over chrom? She is a femail FE character who uses mainly magic, It would be good, a new female character from fire emblem would be boss, lucina is too close to marth
You actually spelled it right. And you should join my Micaiah support thread because I want Micaiah in!!

In all honesty though if I could pick any FE character it would probably be Ilyana because I wouldn't have beaten either game that she's in without her. But I know that would never happen.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
In sakurai's eyes, shadow dragon is probably only relevant as a remake, nothing more
Nice to know you talked to Sakurai and worked this all out

But until you can prove that happened, we only have IS to go by, and they say SD and HoLaS count. Which is why Awakening is FE13 and not FE11.

Also, SD and HoLaS introduced many new mechanics(like Class Changing, and being able to skip enemy turns) that make them feel like more than just remakes. Awakening to me honestly feels like it was building more on the DS games than continuing where the series "left off" with RD.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, has anything significant changed for a new Fire Emblem character in the Direct? Aside from the obvious de-confirmations of Lyn and Tiki, have the chances of characters like Chrom, Robin, Lucina, or Roy been increased or lowered by anything we've seen recently?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So, has anything significant changed for a new Fire Emblem character in the Direct? Aside from the obvious de-confirmations of Lyn and Tiki, have the chances of characters like Chrom, Robin, Lucina, or Roy been increased or lowered by anything we've seen recently?
Not really.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Nice to know you talked to Sakurai and worked this all out

But until you can prove that happened, we only have IS to go by, and they say SD and HoLaS count. Which is why Awakening is FE13 and not FE11.

Also, SD and HoLaS introduced many new mechanics(like Class Changing, and being able to skip enemy turns) that make them feel like more than just remakes. Awakening to me honestly feels like it was building more on the DS games than continuing where the series "left off" with RD.
And Awakening connected all the series together. (I don't recall much info on a timeline between the series or whatever)

nessokman

Smash Lord
What

I was talking about in terms of mechanics.

I never mentioned anything about a series timeline.
Well it was a progression of series, and I consider something that helps us understand the timeline as something worth mentioning. Awakening had so many loopholes in the time travel ....god....

Last edited:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Only notable thing about FE in regards to the direct would just awakening references. We already knew a 3DS stage was Arena Ferox but saw a lot more of it, Tiki Awakening tropy and "final stage" Awakening music playing during the "guess that trophy" for Tiki. So really not much, other than Awakening is obviously making it's mark. Because I know people will get uppity if I suggest that effects any characters at all I won't say that it does. Just take it for what you will.

•Col•

Smash Champion
So according to Sakurai, the stages will differ between to two games.. We know that Arena Ferox is in the 3DS version, so what do you think the FE stage for the Wii U version will be?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So according to Sakurai, the stages will differ between to two games.. We know that Arena Ferox is in the 3DS version, so what do you think the FE stage for the Wii U version will be?
Well, I'm not sure about specific stages, but I would think the most likely scenario would either be something from Radiant Dawn, or something else from Awakening. Considering that stages from handheld games can make it onto the Wii U version for lack of better options (Pokemon League, Palutena's Temple), a stage from Awakening seems quite possible. So...

Maybe the Dragon's Table could be cool?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well, I'm not sure about specific stages, but I would think the most likely scenario would either be something from Radiant Dawn, or something else from Awakening. Considering that stages from handheld games can make it onto the Wii U version for lack of better options (Pokemon League, Palutena's Temple), a stage from Awakening seems quite possible. So...

Maybe the Dragon's Table could be cool?
Grima or bust!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think we might expect to see something from the Tellius game...or maybe he'll throw us another Castle Siege. I dunno.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
My bet is either the "early" Akanaeia, Jugdral, or Tellius series, most likely the latter for a Wii U stage. As those are the home console FE games.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The battlground where Gallia and Begnion faught, you will have laguz droping at you, arrows hit, at the end of the stage you will either fight, Skrimir or Zelgius as a boss fight, if you fought Zelgius and you landed the last hit, Skrimir will kill your enemies as a favor and the other way around.

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I did have an idea a while back for the Dragon's Altar (FE3/12/13) to be stage, and would feature Medeus as a stage hazard.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I want to say the Wii U version will be based on something from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, if it's going to be based on the most recent entry on home consoles.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
In a part of my dream I checked the smashbros website (it was Friday) and saw Ike revealed with his Radiant Dawn design. I'm not a precognitive dreamer so it doesn't mean anything.
I personally didn't like playing on Castle Siege except for the awesome music, I hope the Wii U FE stage is different.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really don't want Ike to take on his Radiant Dawn appearance.

I believe that his Path of Radiance look is more iconic, and his Radiant Dawn look is actually quite similar to Chrom's outfit.

•Col•

Smash Champion

I believe that his Path of Radiance look is more iconic, and his Radiant Dawn look is actually quite similar to Chrom's outfit.
Guy, guys.

Several characters are getting alternate skins now. We can have both Radiant Dawn AND Path of Radiance Ike.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Just pretend Ike is Chrom then.

It's not like there's going to be a difference anyway.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
A lot of characters got redesigns, so I expect Ike having an "in-between" look from PoR and Radiant Dawn.
As long as it's not the Awakening design.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Honestly Awakening Ike wouldn't be the worst thing ever. The infamous drawing of Ike for that game had really weird proportions/perspective and the color saturation was off.

Just picture Priam with short hair and a larger cape, and boom there you go, FE13 Hero-armor Ike.

Yes, the armor in those two pictures are, for the most part, the same. Hard to believe I know. Artistic freedom I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom