• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
A question for you and I suppose anyone else who wants to chime:

How will you respond if Ike does not show up in playable form at all?
Despite having support for Chrom to be playable, I would be quite upset to see Ike go.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
For every game we get Marth and a character/s from the newest FE game. Just liking Roy or Ike is not going to make them relevant again. This time it's either Chrom, Robin, or both.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
For every game we get Marth and a character/s from the newest FE game. Just liking Roy or Ike is not going to make them relevant again. This time it's either Chrom, Robin, or both.
Ike is in a better position now than Roy was in Brawl, and thus has a good chance of returning.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Ike is in a better position now than Roy was in Brawl, and thus has a good chance of returning.
Ike will not be coming back because 1) He is not the mascot of the series, and 2) He is not one of the main characters from the newest game.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Why people keep using this argument? Roy was cut due time constraints, not because he was replaced.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Ike has 2 games as the main character, same as Marth. Also, Marth wasn't the only one to get a descendant in Awakening. Ike got one, too, through Priam. Ike is also the most popular FE lords on polls, too. Also, Roy was only removed because they didn't have enough time to add him. Also, Intelligent Systems, from my understanding still know people like Ike, that's why he was the only other character in Awakening besides the mascot, Marth to get a descendent. Ike and Marth are almost on equal footing, in terms of the FE mascot. Marth just has the advantage of being the original lord and having his games remade.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Why people keep using this argument? Roy was cut due time constraints, not because he was replaced.
Even so they added Ike first because he was the newest. Ike had more priority over Roy. If anything they will add the newest FE character/s and then get to older one. Besides, why would anyone want Roy, Ike, and Marth, they will alll be dull lords with swords.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Even so they added Ike first because he was the newest. Ike had more priority over Roy. If anything they will add the newest FE character/s and then get to older one. Besides, why would anyone want Roy, Ike, and Marth, they will all be dull lords with swords.
Isn't Chrom just as dull, though. I mean he is just Ike and Marth mixed into one. Also don't call Sword users dull, even though they have swords, the characters each use them differently. Also you shouldn't rely on patterns because there nothing more than coincidence.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So I've been hearing people say that the roster's been finalized. What's that all about?
Sakurai finalizes what he plans the roster to be very early in game development. Of course though, this doesn't mean we will see everyone in the final product. Look at Roy and Mewtwo, who were planned, but were cut because there wasn't enough time to implement them.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I've been hearing people say that the roster's been finalized. What's that all about?
It's probably from him Brawl interviews, but Sakurai stated somewhere that the roster is the first thing he decides upon when he begins the development of a Smash game.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Patterns! what patterns? A pattern of one isn't a pattern.

You know, right? There's a lot of fighting styles with swords.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Isn't Chrom just as dull, though. I mean he is just Ike and Marth mixed into one. Also don't call Sword users dull, even though they have swords, the characters each use them differently. Also you shouldn't relay on patterns because there nothing more than coincidence.
I personally want to see Robin in the game more than Chrom, as he represents more of the game than Chrom does. Robin will also have magic!!!!!!!!!!! Nutin con beaat magicall. I would still prefer Chrom over Ike and Roy because he is'nt irrelevant. Ice Climbers and R.O.B. were different because they had one game in their entire series, where in FE they have a whole cast of characters to choose from.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
It's probably from him Brawl interviews, but Sakurai stated somewhere that the roster is the first thing he decides upon when he begins the development of a Smash game.
Oh. That's good to know. I just hope he gets to put all the characters he wanted into the game. I think it's kind of sad that no matter who Sakurai puts in Smash, there will always be quite a few people who will be upset.

Eh...you can't win them all, I guess.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I personally want to see Robin in the game more than Chrom, as he represents more of the game than Chrom does. Robin will also have magic!!!!!!!!!!! Nutin con beaat magicall. I would still prefer Chrom over Ike and Roy because he is'nt irrelevant. Ice Climbers and R.O.B. were different because they had one game in their entire series, where in FE they have a whole cast of characters to choose from.
Yet, Ike is one of the only protagonists with two games where he is the main character, the only other character is Marth, himself. Also, Ike had a descendant in Awakening, Priam, making him still relevant even in Awakening. Also I feel Sakurai has learned the backlash of removing characters through Mewtwo and Roy. I'm not saying Roy will come back. Yet, I'm still optimistic about Ike.

Sorry, if I sound rude, but I'm just really passionate about my main, so I'm willing to defend him until the game is released.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
You know who they should put instead? Vincent and Victor, they could work like the Ice Climbers.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Priam wasnt a main character in awakening. In order to be in smash a character needs to be actually important their game.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Priam wasnt a main character in awakening. In order to be in smash a character needs to be actually important their game.
I'm not saying Priam should be a character, I'm saying he helps the odds of Ike, because it helps him stay relevant above most lords in Awakening, except for Chrom, Lucina, Robin, and of course, Marth.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Please don't double post. Use the edit button near the bottom of the post, if you want to add something to your post.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
It may help him a little, but not enough and I never said you said he should be one.

Hong

The Strongest
It's a given.

The 3DS version, which has the same cast of characters as the Wii U version, is slated to ship this summer. That means the product has to be produced and on shelves in four months, at the very latest. Take away a month for proper production, syndication and shipment, that means they have about three months. If they want a character roster where everyone is remotely balanced, fun to play as, and with minimal bugs, they can't possibly hope to add anymore. Not to mention, localization will want MINIMUM two months (though preferably three+) to proof-read, make adjustments, as well as fly in voice talent (most if not all with tight schedules), record and of course implement the lines themselves.

Right now the game hopefully has all the core localization done, all the characters and 3DS stages in some functional form. The final months will be spent fine-tuning the characters extensively, and if the production staff doesn't have any pressing matters, they'll be working on cranking in as many trophies/stickers as possible. If the Wii U version is coming out later, it could possibly indicate there is more work to be done with the stages and stuff.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Ike will not be coming back because 1) He is not the mascot of the series, and 2) He is not one of the main characters from the newest game.
people loved roy but they did away with him too.
There's a pretty big difference between Roy and Ike though. You could go into the typical Fire Emblem fanboy arguments of why Ike is still significant to the series, but I'll put it this way:

Ike is one of the fan favorites in Brawl. Roy may have been popular in Melee, but he definitely wasn't one of the favorites such as Falco. Sheik was, and she basically has no series significance, and she's still here. Ike is one of the most popular characters and widely used characters in Brawl, the best-selling game in the series, which as far as I can tell, sold about 1.5 million copies more than Melee did. Cutting Ike is almost like a slap in the face to the fans of Brawl.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Do you want Fire Emblem to be stuck with two characters forever?
Well, considering that the most likely newcomer for this series is an expy of Ike and Marth that lacks the best qualities of either, yes.

Like I said, we should get Ike, not some poser that will be unable to fill in the gaps.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Well, considering that the most likely newcomer for this series is an expy of Ike and Marth that lacks the best qualities of either, yes.

Like I said, we should get Ike, not some poser that will be unable to fill in the gaps.
Ike instead of Robin? If anything Robin is more suited to be playable in the next smash.

Hong

The Strongest
Regardless of my desires, I am expecting only Marth and Chrom as Fire Emblem representatives this time.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ike instead of Robin? If anything Robin is more suited to be playable in the next smash.
Why should we replace Ike?
Why must we believe in some imaginary criteria made up by fans?
Why must we forge a pattern over one event?
Why is Ike suddenly on par with the easily disposable Roy?

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Would love it if we got anybody else BESIDES another sword user. I'm all up for Robin, would love to see Tharja and even be curious to see a Lancer in the arena.

Hong

The Strongest
Would love it if we got anybody else BESIDES another sword user. I'm all up for Robin, would love to see Tharja and even be curious to see a Lancer in the arena.
Robin > Anna > Celica > Ephraim > Eirika > The plate of food my housemate had half-eaten before falling asleep > Chrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom