• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem character revealed tomorrow:
Is it Chrom?
Is it Roy?
Is it Lucina?

Nah it's Nowi :troll:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
As long as Ike stays and there aren't any random additions like Thajra or something I'll be fine when it comes to FE.

I have bigger concerns as far as newcomers are concerned.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well, you know me, I'll always be cheering for Roy on the sidelines. I do hope we get a FE character reveal either way!

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I think the most disheartening aspect that resulted from this Direct is that I'm having trouble getting excited for any Fire Emblem character at this point (I'm still unmoved with Ridley).

While I know Tiki was a long shot, and I mean loooooooonnnnnngggggg shot, the idea of Chrom pairing up with Robin or Lucina was definitely a strong contender in my opinion. But perhaps I was too spoiled by the idea of a duo then, and now that the transform mechanic is essentially scrapped, the concept of Chrom by himself is sounding... dull.

Realistically speaking Chrom is still the front-runner of any new Fire Emblem character coming in, but I'm having trouble rekindling my interest in him. I don't have enough faith to back Roy's return nor have I been convinced Anna will or even should claim the third spot. At the very least though Lyn still returned as an Assist Trophy, which I'm grateful for since she is one of my favorite Lords in the series.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I think the most disheartening aspect that resulted from this Direct is that I'm having trouble getting excited for any Fire Emblem character at this point (I'm still unmoved with Ridley).

While I know Tiki was a long shot, and I mean loooooooonnnnnngggggg shot, the idea of Chrom pairing up with Robin or Lucina was definitely a strong contender in my opinion. But perhaps I was too spoiled by the idea of a duo then, and now that the transform mechanic is essentially scrapped, the concept of Chrom by himself is sounding... dull.

Realistically speaking Chrom is still the front-runner of any new Fire Emblem character coming in, but I'm having trouble rekindling my interest in him. I don't have enough faith to back Roy's return nor have I been convinced Anna will or even should claim the third spot. At the very least though Lyn still returned as an Assist Trophy, which I'm grateful for since she is one of my favorite Lords in the series.
Never, ever take Ike out of the picture.....Ike will be stronger than ever.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I should've clarified new Fire Emblem character. I'm as excited for Ike as I am for someone like Wario or Ness, meaning I expect them to return. Of course if Ragnell was ranged on the other hand that might pique my interest.
I'm afraid the only thing that hinders Ike chances is that some people are expecting him to be cut, which will make it easier for Sakurai to do so.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
The Pokemon reveal trailer of Charizard and Greninja makes me think something similar can happen with Fire Emblem.
Ike shows up with a new design (Radiant Dawn) and then in comes Chrom (or another FE character). But we'll have to wait like a month or so for that.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The Pokemon reveal trailer of Charizard and Greninja makes me think something similar can happen with Fire Emblem.
Ike shows up with a new design (Radiant Dawn) and then in comes Chrom (or another FE character). But we'll have to wait like a month or so for that.
Personally I thought since Charizard was an update I thought it was gonna be Mewtwo since he was going to also be an updated Vet. I kind of was hoping for a Micaiah and Palutena dual reveal since Micaiah had major involvement with goddesses. But, after seeing that, I would think a female Robin and Micaiah reveal would be awesome. Add in Lip and we will have 10 females!

Hong

The Strongest
I'm afraid the only thing that hinders Ike chances is that some people are expecting him to be cut, which will make it easier for Sakurai to do so.
Of course Ike is going to be cut. Didn't you see? They revealed the Beam Sword today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom