• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Snagged the 8000th post, suckers.

It's a pity that the Future Past DLC exists. On the one hand, they were the best part of Awakening, but that pretty much stuffs any chance of a sequel where we get to explore Lucina and the second generation's potential struggles firsthand. They were always the more interesting set of characters and would benefit from more fleshing out and a game to themselves. Fingers crossed, I suppose.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Snagged the 8000th post, suckers.

It's a pity that the Future Past DLC exists. On the one hand, they were the best part of Awakening, but that pretty much stuffs any chance of a sequel where we get to explore Lucina and the second generation's potential struggles firsthand. They were always the more interesting set of characters and would benefit from more fleshing out and a game to themselves. Fingers crossed, I suppose.
Oh yeah. :/ I forgot about that... but what about the Children of the "Good" timeline? I assume that they would still be born in the timeline where "You know who" is killed.

Maybe they can run into a few new characters, or their "Bad Future" self's.

EDIT: 8001st! How do you like me now??

Everyone: Get out.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just completed Path of Radiance. It has to be the best FE game I've played to date, better than FE7.

Now onto Radiant Dawn. Just got through the first chapter. The cutscenes and animations are a step up, but I wish it kept PoR's more colourful artstyle.

I'll be extremely mad if Ike gets cut now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Transferred your data from PoR to RD?

You are becoming one of 'us' soon Fal ;)

D

Deleted member

Okay FE players.
If you choose only one catch-quote for the following characters :

- Robin
- Chrom
- Lucina
- Anna
- Tiki

Which ones would they be ?

EDIT : Also which one for Lyndis ?

Last edited by a moderator:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Robin- Time to trip the scales!
Chrom- Your end has come!
Lucina- I say when it ends!
Anna- I make deep cuts! or CHA-CHING!
Tiki- Watch this!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Robin: Time to tip The scales!
Chrom: Anything can change!
Lucina: I challenge my fate!
Anna: Haven't used her enough to know a lot.
Tiki: read Anna...

Here's some extra
Noire: *Bipolar Maniacal Laughter*
Cherche: Rest in pieces

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Yo, Robin needs Wind Magic for real.

And not that crappy Gale boomerang stuff, why the hell would a zoning/mid range fighter want to draw people in?! (How do the Smash devs game design sometimes ...) Dude needs good zoning options with the ability to properly reposition her opponent. P:M Link 2.0 if you will.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Wait a minute... You're trying to sucker me into another Ike vs Chrom debate, aren't you? There isn't that much of a difference between Chrom, Ike, and Marth but, really, does that even matter all that much in terms of Smash? Brawl had 5 semi clones with 2 of them being of the same character so even if Chrom ends up being a mix of Marth and Ike, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. If Brawl made Fox, Falco, and Wolf work, SSB4 could make Marth, Ike, and Chrom work. Honestly, the only people who I've seen who have any real objection to Chrom are the hardcore "beat Lunatic+ with their buttcheeks" Fire Emblem fans, and it's usually based on the concern that he's going to replace Ike. Pokemon and Fire Emblem are the two franchises in Smash that focus on their most current generation in Smash so unless Intelligent Systems secretly has Fire Emblem: Dragonfart in the works, I don't see why the star of the last game would be completely skipped over. especially when Awakening is already represented with Arena Ferox.
So what you're saying is that a series that clearly can offer something much better shouldn't do that because we need REPRESENTATION over characters, and if you say that is wrong you're a **** eating spoiled brat that needs to go **** yourself. Also apparently no one at all with complain about the highly redundant cast of characters, because people are all stupid and will gobble up anything thrown in their direction.

Also yes, Ike is better then Chrom. Chrom is probably one of the biggest downgrades of a tradition I've ever seen in the series.

Also please for the love of Naga press the ****ing A button.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
So what you're saying is that a series that clearly can offer something much better shouldn't do that because we need REPRESENTATION over characters, and if you say that is wrong you're a **** eating spoiled brat that needs to go **** yourself. Also apparently no one at all with complain about the highly redundant cast of characters, because people are all stupid and will gobble up anything thrown in their direction.

Also yes, Ike is better then Chrom. Chrom is probably one of the biggest downgrades of a tradition I've ever seen in the series.

I'm just glad people are admiring Ike instead of unjustifiably shunning him.
I'm glad there's no form of hypocrisy here....nor the taking of Fat's comment too harshly somehow.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Good lord...you're taking this way too personally. I'd actually like Ike and Chrom to get in but apparently that's too obscene of a option to even suggest. Would it really be that offensive if Chrom were playable?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Good lord...you're taking this way too personally. I'd actually like Ike and Chrom to get in but apparently that's too obscene of a option to even suggest. Would it really be that offensive if Chrom were playable?
No, Its just cool to hate FE7 apparently.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Please keep things civil Xenoblaze.

No, Its just cool to hate FE13 apparently.
It's funny, but these arguments reminds me of Melee Vs. Brawl. It's only now, however, that I'm on the side for the older game(s) being better. :laugh:

Dem Fire Emblem hipsters nowadays.

Well I liked FE before it was conceptualized.
FE1-3 for life. :shades:

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Dem Fire Emblem hipsters nowadays.

Well I liked FE before it was conceptualized.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Still, I feel like Chrom's going to happen in some form, whether he's by himself or accompanied by Lucina or Robin. Is he the most original character? No but, as said, that doesn't really mean that much in a game that features twin brothers, essentially a good and evil version of the same character, and two boys with one of them being a reincarnation of the other. Like it or not, Chrom is still the title character of the latest game and it's highly unlikely that they'll pass him up for a less significant character. As I said in my other post, there aren't a lot of people who outright hate him and, truth be told, his popularity is about the same as Ike's overall so a lot of people don't seem to care about the similarities between the two to begin with and like each individual character for what they're worth.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Do you need a hug?

I've already expressed my views towards Chrom. I think Sakurai might go a step further and make Chrom more unique than I (and many others) imagine, though I'm still skeptical -- I would rather see things with my own two eyes before anything.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yeah that's what I thought, but that's quite a number to miss.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with any of the Japan-only FE games. I really did mean FE13.

It's funny, but these arguments reminds me of Melee Vs. Brawl. It's only now, however, that I'm on the side for the older game(s) being better. :laugh:
All in all, I agree with the older games having more merit, but that doesn't mean people should hate on Awakening.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Do we expect any moveset changes in Ike? Am hoping for Aether revamps. Think Ike should recover better with it, horizontally. And it should also be a more powerful attack all over! It should have the same 'oomph' feeling as say, the Forward Tilt or Forward Air. The first few hits aka the 'Sol' part, should be like it is in Brawl but the final blow should be real powerful and send people away. Ike should recover better, and characters are getting mass buffs apperantly.

Also think Eruption should be gone. Or at least be with flue fire. If we get Ike revealed early, and he shows doing Eruption in Brawl's style, I think we can officially kiss Roy goodbye.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yes it would be an insult if Chrom got in.

With Fire Emblem ever expanding it's horizons with every passing generation, you'd think in Super Smash Bros. there would be a natural evolution of the franchise. But Chrom is everything that would be wrong with neglecting Fire Emblem, just playing it too safe with a beaten idea instead of actually trying something new. To think people are perfectly okay with a devolution of game design despite the clear progressions for both Super Smash Bros. and Fire Emblem.

D

Deleted member

Maybe Fire Emblem should expand to not have another blue-haired swordsman lord before anything else. :rolleyes:

Let's have the next main lord be a Hawkeye and have some bow blessed by the power of whatever as his/her signature weapon.
No more lords because watery tarts threw swords at them.

EDIT: Oh, and the bow lord's hair color should be orange. Not red, orange.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
My wanted FE newcomers
1) Tiki
2) Lucina
3) Anna
4) Chrom
5) Robin
6) Micaiah
7) Lyn

And I think they're all possibilities :)
Did I forget anybody?
"Maggie, my dear, it looks like someone has listed their top Fire Emblem characters."
"Yes, Rose, you are most correct. "
"But it seems he didn't list us."
"Bless my soul, Rose, I believe you are correct. "
"But, my dear Maggie, why wouldn't he list us? Do you think he doesn't like us?"
"Of course not, my dear Rose. That wouldn't make any sense."
"Well then, why wouldn't he have listed us?"
"My dear Rose, I've had an idea. Perhaps he simply hasn't heard of us."
"Well, that seems understandable. Binding Blade is somewhat obscure outside of Japan."
"Well then, my dear Rose, do you think we should introduce ourselves to him?"
"Certainly, my dear Maggie. Then, when he puts us at the top of his list, we'll thank him by mashing his head in!"
"Of course, my dear Rose."
"Well then, Maggie, shall we be off?"
"Why certainty, my dear Rose. "
:troll:

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Yes it would be an insult if Chrom got in.

With Fire Emblem ever expanding it's horizons with every passing generation, you'd think in Super Smash Bros. there would be a natural evolution of the franchise. But Chrom is everything that would be wrong with neglecting Fire Emblem, just playing it too safe with a beaten idea instead of actually trying something new. To think people are perfectly okay with a devolution of game design despite the clear progressions for both Super Smash Bros. and Fire Emblem.
Chrom and Lucina duo.
I simply want to play as a sword team.
It sounds badass.
swwwoooorrrddd teeeaaammm
ahhh....
That's nice.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Chrom and Lucina duo.
I simply want to play as a sword team.
It sounds badass.
swwwoooorrrddd teeeaaammm
ahhh....
That's nice.
My only problem with that is the high probably of that being exploited to become broken.

Though, I would encourage that if it's not half assed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom