• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
As someone that have played all the 13 FEs. My favorite is FE9 Path of Radiance followed by FE7.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Path of Radiance exceeds every other entry in all areas except presentation. I personally was not too fond of the battle animations and music for the majority of the game.
While I admit that the animations were a bit stiff, I do like that they avoided the weird horse-fu that some FE's tend towards.

Anyway, everyone knows TRS has the best animations.
:p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of PoR animations, yeah, it's hard to replicate the flashy GBA sprites in 3D. In particular, I would have liked it if Peg Knights and Wyvern Riders didn't didn't stop before attacking in their animations.

I've been playing it on and off for a while. I'm currently in the stage with the three ships.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Right now I'm doing an Ike+Girls only run on NM. Currently at Port Toha.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Speaking of PoR animations, yeah, it's hard to replicate the flashy GBA sprites in 3D. In particular, I would have liked it if Peg Knights and Wyvern Riders didn't didn't stop before attacking in their animations.

I've been playing it on and off for a while. I'm currently in the stage with the three ships.
Ike animation were top notch in PoR specially his Lord animations....

and on the topic of my favorite Fire Emblem...

I have a tie, Radiant Dawn and Thracia 776....

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Ike animation were top notch in PoR specially his Lord animations....

and on the topic of my favorite Fire Emblem...

I have a tie, Radiant Dawn and Thracia 776....
I agree.

Not only are the animations cooler when everyone starts to promote, but we get some nice music.

I can also vouch for both Radiant Dawn and Thracia 776. For the latter, I can only recommend it to people who are either proven tacticians, or have had their toesies wetted by other entries.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike's animations where terrific in FE9! It's also due to that that I started to support him for Brawl. Felt they wheren't so great in FE10 however. Aether lost a lot of it's 'wow' factor, and Ike seemed to drop on his head after, and bounce from his sword? FE10 beats animations from FE9 with everything except for that.

FE9 is my favorite game. FE10 comes after. Also really liked FE12. But really... Can't think of ANY FE that's not great. Had some problems with Tharcia 776 however, can't complete it but it's good quality. Even like FE6 and FE8, great games which I replayed a lot. Probably as much as FE7, which is great, yet overrated.

Hong

The Strongest
Ike's animations where terrific in FE9! It's also due to that that I started to support him for Brawl. Felt they wheren't so great in FE10 however. Aether lost a lot of it's 'wow' factor, and Ike seemed to drop on his head after, and bounce from his sword? FE10 beats animations from FE9 with everything except for that.
It's true. My friend was convinced he genuinely lands on his head until I showed her the animation frame-by-frame.

I will grant that Aether was WAAAAAAAAAAY cooler in Path of Radiance, but I liked Ike's overall brutality in FE10.

Hong

The Strongest
The Waluigi thing had me thinking.

Honestly, I am astonished more than a handful of people ever thought he at all had an even minuscule chance of being playable. If Waluigi can get that much of a response, I can't wait to see what happens when a Fire Emblem character gets posted. Whether it's a trophy, AT, stage element or outright playable, I eagerly anticipate the public response.

Maybe it is because I am a creature of law, I feast on chaos in order to maintain balance. I had not felt satiated since Pyrosphere's unveil. Since then, I have only been taunted with meagre appetizers. I can't wait until Ike, Tiki. Robin or any of the Fire Emblem hopefuls show up as an Assist Trophy.

Feeeeeeeeeeed me. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The Waluigi thing had me thinking.

Honestly, I am astonished more than a handful of people ever thought he at all had an even minuscule chance of being playable. If Waluigi can get that much of a response, I can't wait to see what happens when a Fire Emblem character gets posted. Whether it's a trophy, AT, stage element or outright playable, I eagerly anticipate the public response.

Maybe it is because I am a creature of law, I feast on chaos in order to maintain balance. I had not felt satiated since Pyrosphere's unveil. Since then, I have only been taunted with meagre appetizers. I can't wait until Ike, Tiki. Robin or any of the Fire Emblem hopefuls show up as an Assist Trophy.

Feeeeeeeeeeed me. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Assist Trophy Chrom.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
As a creature of balance, I can only wish for harmony and for things to continue to go as smoothly as they can. Order and chaos are tools, used only to right the scales when they have gone too far in one direction or another.

:p On a FE note, I though the GBA games were pretty amazing in animation. I would love to see over the top, shonen-like crazy kind of combat scenes. Since the entire battle could be calculated before the animation shows, they could even design the interactions to be more natural. Of course, it's cheaper to do it easily, so I see why they do it that way.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Thinking about it, an Awakening character getting deconfirmed (especially Chrom) or us getting no Awakening newcomer at all might be a big slap in the face for some people, especially those who are all like, "Arena Ferox stage = guaranteed Awakening character!"

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
It's not really being naive, it'd just be Sakurai being immensely random. Awakening getting a playable character is a pretty realistic expectation.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I was referring to fans being so rash with thinking being recent is all that matters, but failing to realize that means jack squat if there is a lack of substance.

Hence why I'm calling people naive.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
It's not really being naive, it'd just be Sakurai being immensely random.
Having different values from the general fanbase is not at all random. People just mix their own hype for the character for probability of them making an appearance.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I would call it random, in the sense that most inclusions are not particularly unexpected. There are always some oddballs here and there, and some get in over others, but when you take a look at the general picture, general things tend to match. At least they do to me, I could just be projecting my thoughts on to others. Thus, for me, it would seem random because the trends indicate to me that we're likely to get an Awakening character. We aren't guaranteed one by any stretch. And Sakurai's already done two things I didn't expect, though one of them fits still. Rosalina was a big surprise though.

Hong

The Strongest
I think it depends a lot on franchise.

Certainly not unreasonable to expect newer characters from franchises like Pokemon and Fire Emblem. I expect an Awakening character.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
It does. Although I'm not particularly expecting anyone from X/Y in Smash this game as a playable character. There isn't anyone that feels as fitting as Lucario did for Brawl (though I was still holding out for Deoxys then).

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I was more or less referring to the fact that having an Awakening stage does't necessarily guaranteed an Awakening character (whether that increases a character's chances, though, people have different opinions on this matter). Even if we didn't get an Awakening stage, however, I do think an Awakening character (mostly Chrom or Robin for a more surprising choice) is possible.

We also have to keep in mind that the Pokemon Company is probably more controlling than IS. We'll see if IS suggests a character to Sakurai this time though. Who knows...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I just think with what is provided right now, I feel as though both Lucina and Chrom would feel sort of inappropriate.

I don't care if Fire Emblem: Awakening sold well or whatever, in the long run I feel as though we'll just trend on stale concepts.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's what people said with Rosalina. I'm not saying that they have anything as obvious as the Luma (though there is Pairup), but if Sakurai wanted to use them, I don't think they'd have to retread on the same concepts as Marth/Ike. Also Robin.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, that's what people said with Rosalina.
Those people are idiots on par with the people that said Diddy Kong would be a clone of Donkey Kong.

(THEY WERE REAL.)

I'm not saying that they have anything as obvious as the Luma (though there is Pairup), but if Sakurai wanted to use them, I don't think they'd have to retread on the same concepts as Marth/Ike. Also Robin.
I didn't mention Robin because he's a much more intuitive choice, being a lot more associated with tomes.

Also, tag teams are rather vile, because I know balance for that is going to be botched.

Also, yeah, they are going to trend on the same ideas.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
This has probably happened here before, but I want to make it happen again,

If Fire Emblem got a representative from the series, but it was a villain from the series, who would you want it to be?

Me, I'd want Alvis. Zephiel as a close second.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This has probably happened here before, but I want to make it happen again,

If Fire Emblem got a representative from the series, but it was a villain from the series, who would you want it to be?

Me, I'd want Alvis. Zephiel as a close second.
Does Robin count as a villain? Or Tiki?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Gharnef, by virtue of him having been in more games than any other villain, not to mention being the inspiration for most of the evil sorcerer types in every game since.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Clearly the biggest enemy is the Random Number Generator.

Every villain is small fry compared to that mechanic, because it can out right screw you over on a cruel day.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Clearly the biggest enemy is the Random Number Generator.

Every villain is small fry compared to that mechanic, because it can out right screw you over on a cruel day.
Yeah, I remember it screwed over Nephenee in my first run of PoR, so I didn't even know she's supposed to great then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom