• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Ignore this, my computer is stupid.

Chibi Amelia is pretty cute. Is she worth recruiting in Sacred Stones? (If one of those promotions up there is Hero then the answer is automatically yes.)

(I have like three FE games on hold right now. Life.)

Last edited by a moderator:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Lot's of **** is going down this thread, it seems it was Awakening fans versus Path Of Radiance fans, such a rabid fight.... You know what side I'm on. :awesome:

On a more serious note, here's a random senario, if we got a FE newcomer that wasn't a lord/main character, who would you think it would be? I made sure to include "Main Character" in their, so it wouldn't be unanimously Robin. As they're are a lot of supporters for him.

If I had to choose someone, maybe Nepheenee a lance and shield combo is pretty Bad*** after all.
Tiki or Anna I would presume.

I would personally want Yarne or maybe Panne perhaps. Mainly because I think bunnies are cool and I think they could have a cool moveset.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Tiki would be my choice. She's the most recurring in a major role, and represents something important to Fire Emblem (dragons).

humist1

Smash Rookie
NNID
j22yosh
3DS FC
1650-1416-3926
Chibi Amelia is pretty cute. Is she worth recruiting in Sacred Stones? (If one of those promotions up there is Hero then the answer is automatically yes.)

(I have like three FE games on hold right now. Life.)
Amelia, Ewan and Ross are amazing.

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I need to run that game again, been a couple years haha
Yeah. Was replaying 7 a bit recently, kinda weird to go back after getting used to some of the stuff that was made easier in Awakening (checking enemy movement, ect)

humist1

Smash Rookie
NNID
j22yosh
3DS FC
1650-1416-3926
Oh hai humist. :3
Glad you could join the discussion!
Hey, blue :) so this is where you've been
Yeah. Was replaying 7 a bit recently, kinda weird to go back after getting used to some of the stuff that was made easier in Awakening (checking enemy movement, ect)
Yea, i kinda miss the little things like fog of war, triangle attacks and the arenas.

Hong

The Strongest
The trainees are fun. Wouldn't worry too much about which character is best or worst in Sacred Stones, when just about anyone can solo the game after you get the ball rolling.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Yea, i kinda miss the little things like fog of war, triangle attacks and the arenas.
Awakening added so much, and yet it felt like so much was kinda taken away. The map variety though was my biggest complaint. Go rout the enemy of beat the boss every chapter. What's that? Protect missions? Escape missions? Never heard of them.

humist1

Smash Rookie
NNID
j22yosh
3DS FC
1650-1416-3926
Awakening added so much, and yet it felt like so much was kinda taken away. The map variety though was my biggest complaint. Go rout the enemy of beat the boss every chapter. What's that? Protect missions? Escape missions? Never heard of them.
Yea, when you get over how much they added it leaves you feeling bittersweet because you know they could have done a lot more. The online versus component missing was the biggest misstep for me, seeing as the DS games had it.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Found this on Miiverse tonight. I think you all might find it as hilarious as I did.

humist1

Smash Rookie
NNID
j22yosh
3DS FC
1650-1416-3926
I alternated absolutely everyone, but 9/10 times Seth would see no action aside from ferrying people to and fro.
lol yup seth, marcus, jeigan, frederick all the same. I take all their weapons and use them like meatshields and taxi cabs. Pre-promotes are so useful :)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Last I checked, Jeigan, FE6!Marcus, and Freddy couldn't solo their games.
Any character can solo Awakening if you really wanted... All you have to do is tons of reeking box battles and re-promoting.... So Frederick is absolutely like Seth...

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Any character can solo Awakening if you really wanted... All you have to do is tons of reeking box battles and re-promoting.... So Frederick is absolutely like Seth...
Except Seth and FE7!Marcus don't need to grind. At all. Their bases are so godlike that they carry them throughout most of the game.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I always liked using Ewan in Sacred Stones. His color scheme made for an interesting and exotic Shaman/Druid (not so much Summoner). Bright pastels as opposed to the dark colors of his counterparts.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Anyone know what Fire Emblem games are represented in Brawl? This extends to trophies, music, stickers, etc.

I cannot recall right now. Is there any FE2, 4, and 5 content?

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I recall a FE2 song, though I can't remember it's name. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 4 or 5 song. With Divine Grace I think was the FE2 song.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Anyone know what Fire Emblem games are represented in Brawl? This extends to trophies, music, stickers, etc.

I cannot recall right now. Is there any FE2, 4, and 5 content?
Well, FE2 has the Celica's Divine Protection song in Brawl.
I might be wrong but there might have been a Sugurd trophy in Melee.
I'm also pretty certain about a Leif sticker.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, I checked the trophy (Melee and Brawl) and sticker list, and there doesn't seem to be Sigurd and Leif.

But you guys are right on the Gaiden music. Which makes me wonder why there isn't any FE4 and 5 content, even if it's just something small.

Edit: Worth mentioning that the third game is available in Masterpieces, but only in the Japanese version. I'm sure ya'll know that already though haha. I also checked the beta content list (hoping to find some FE5 stuff), but only found one unused song: Chosen Ones -- FE3.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
It has been officially stated much in the way you would say Yggdral, as in Yggdrassil.

Given the motif for the character names and their weaponry, it would make sense.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Question for you guys; I'm thinking about emulating playing another Fire Emblem game since I've been told multiple times that Sacred Stones isn't the best, and that's the only one that I've played. Which one would you consider your favorite of all the Fire Emblem games?

Hong

The Strongest
Path of Radiance exceeds every other entry in all areas except presentation. I personally was not too fond of the battle animations and music for the majority of the game.

That aside, you get what is easily the best story paired with exceptional gameplay. Simple, fun, and non-overbearing skill system. Solid, sensible chapter design. A wide range of challenges to overcome. Aside from the lack of Maniac difficulty in the international release, you can't ask for more.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Favorite... hard to say. I really like the Tellius games, but FE7 was really fun as well. But I also really liked FE8, which is kind of a black sheep at times (though I think Gaiden winds up taking that the most).

LF2K

Floor Diver
I'm still fairly new to Fire Emblem. I found a copy of Path of Radiance for a bargain, and I'm really enjoying it! :grin:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I started out with Awakening, which is quite a polished iteration of FE in itself. I am considering Sacred Stones sometime after Awakening though. I used to know a guy who was really into JRPGs and he played Radiant Dawn at my old house. He also mentioned playing Path of Radiance at one point.

Not the best person here for an answer. :p

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Radiant Dawn is FE nirvana.

Yes, this is a useless biased fanboy post. No, I don't care. 80% of the reason Path of Radiance is so good is because you can play Radiant Dawn immediately afterwards.

The other 20% is that you can have an army of brutal axe-wielding mobile tanks that move after attacking, headed up by IKE. It's like swapping out five pawns for queens and your king got rook and knight powers. Flashy, awesome, and butt-kicking, but superfluous at that point.

(Always pick axe for Paladin weapon upgrade, you will never regret it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom