• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not sick of swords, I'm sick of Lords.

'Oh **** you. Look, I never chose to be a damn Lord! Only signed up so I could fullfill my contract as a Mercenary, which is what I still call myself. Hell, some even call me a Hero! Or a Vanguard. ************, I don't care, but am not some fancy pansy high-class noble, you hear me?'

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wish I knew more about this series, then I could actually provide some decent input. I don't feel like looking up stuff on the Wiki will help too much. But with Marth confirmed, I just hope for Ike to come back. He was one of my favorite Brawl characters next to Diddy, Pit, and Wario. So as long as those two are in, I'm happy. They are unique characters too.

As for anymore characters, maybe Roy could come back too. He is popular. But I can only see myself getting hyped if he's de-cloned a good bit. I see a bunch of people see a bunch of request for Chrom. The problem is, I couldn't find anything super unique about him on the web, so I don't know what he could offer. But maybe he can use a lance instead of a sword?

Eh, I don't know.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Step one: Play Fire Emblem
Step two: Choose Ike as Lord and Savior
Step three: Pray daily to the RNG Goddess for good growths
Step four: Come back here

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I....uh, I guess sure. I already know Ike's the best hero though.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Why not?
I mean, Frederick is instant god tier, maybe that's why. But still.
He's Frederick.
If any Jagen should get in, it should be the ORIGINAL Jagen.

Anyway, if a non-Lord got in the game, I'd much rather see Anna, a Manakete/Laguz/Taguel, or a Mage.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Step five: Once you had good growths proceed to wreck everything in your path
Step six: Forget to protect your weak non FE-loving comrades and watch them die by enemy phase ambush
Step seven: Reset and repeat.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Step eight: Remember, Paladins. They wreck every type of ****. Especially in the GBA games and FE9.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If I had to choose 4 FE characters that I wanted, from my own personal preference, it would end up being Marth (because staple), Ike (because my main in Brawl and awesome otherwise), Robin (because represents player and fundamental to the series beyond just Awakening as a Tactician) and Anna (side character in several games that has a very unique moveset compared to the other three choices in the game where she is finally a playable character). After those four comes Lyn (only if she is a quickdraw katana wielder like is suggested in the Project M sub-forum), Roy, Leif, Micaiah, and Tiki. (And Chrom, I guess.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Step nine: Remember, Iron Man runs only. If your unit dies, even though he / she / it is RNG screwed or totally worthless in general: RESTART.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hey guys, guess what.
Lyn is my choice for a Fire Emblem rep.
Read it and weep suckers.
Woah woah bro, you'll get no complaints from me.

As she's my choice as well. but in reality she's more of darkhorse if anything. because corn.

For me it'd be Marth, Ike, lyn. and roy would be the 4th. (if there is a 4th)

But if I had to choose an awakening character it'd be the tactician.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
So why exactly do a lot of you not want Chrom?

I think he's the most likely FE newcomer seeing as his game saved the Fire Emblem series. He may not be the most unique, but still has a lot to work with in terms of a moveset.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I don't want Chrom because he doesn't bring anything new to the table.
To be fair, he does bring up a possible different sword style and a possible lance. but other than that your right, unless sakurai wants to bust out a second seal chrom lol.

Note: Not a chrom supporter.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So why exactly do a lot of you not want Chrom?

I think he's the most likely FE newcomer seeing as his game saved the Fire Emblem series. He may not be the most unique, but still has a lot to work with in terms of a moveset.
I don't want Chrom, because Marth and Ike exist. Why should I beg for Chrom when I can just simply stick with Marth and Ike and get no repercussions whatsoever?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
To be fair, he does bring up a possible different sword style and a possible lance. but other than that your right, unless sakurai wants to bust out a second seal chrom lol.

Note: Not a chrom supporter.
That just doesn't excite me.

How so?

The same could be said about Rosalina before her reveal.
What can Chrom do that lets him stand out?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
That just doesn't excite me.

Neither does it excite me, but i'm just being fair.

Maybe um he could do something with his exalted falchion. but it would probably be similar to ike's/roy's effects. Pretty much its because of recency and because the newcomers to FE like him, that what makes him "stand out".

Btw the same can be said for lucina.

But Chrom has that LA face with an Oakland booty. :troll:
What that's supposed to mean son? LA face is beautiful. lets not bring up chrom booty, pls D:

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Ike fights for his friends, Chrom fights WITH his friends. That's what Chrom brings to the table. However, Robin would be more interesting than Chrom in that regard.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I don't want Chrom, because Marth and Ike exist. Why should I beg for Chrom when I can just simply stick with Marth and Ike and get no repercussions whatsoever?
So, with that logic, you don't want any new Fire Emblem characters?

Well I mean Sakurai can really do whatever he wants with Chrom's moveset, to both make him an interesting and unique character. But I guess you could say he can switch between a sword, shield, and lance for attacks. They could also involve the whole "pair-up" mechanic of Awakening, being as it's new to the series. He could call in assists from others, or we could even go with the Chrom & Lucina idea where they call each other in for attacks and can switch out (I had a cool idea for this, prob. thought of already though).

I mean there's tons of possibilities though, it's really about how interesting they want to make him. For example they could bring in a magic user alternatively, but it doesn't mean they couldn't just be a Zelda clone (without creativity).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom