• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I want a berserk staff!
If used while an opponent is in front of them, they will continuously use random smash attacks (or aerials if not on the ground), making it difficult to move.

Also I think the thief would be a good AT. Possibly even steal dragoon pieces if a player has them.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
But why would a lockpick let you do that?

In the games they're master keys that only Thieves, Rogues, and Assassins(and Dancers in FE5) can use. There are some classes(FE5 Dancers, FE7-8 Assassins) that can use lockpicks but not steal. So I don't really see it working.

Though it would be cool to have a thief AT that stole items. Kind of like Munchlax.
It's just an idea for item. The items don't have to exactly match the purpose in their games.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Huh. You guys made me realize for the first time that Brawl had no FE item. That's dumb. I don't think I've ever been through a FE game without reaching the item cap.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I personally would find it rather weird for Marth and Ike to use items as Staves, Tomes, or Lances which they couldn't use in the games themselves...

Vulneraries could make a good item? A stackable healing item perhaps?

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I personally would find it rather weird for Marth and Ike to use items as Staves, Tomes, or Lances which they couldn't use in the games themselves...
But lip's stick and Ray guns are perfectly fine, right? :p
Vulneraries could make a good item? A stackable healing item perhaps?
Yeah. At the very least, I don't see why they can't make it similar to a food item just to give fire emblem something in the item department.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think you're overthinking it. FE item should be something that's iconic to the series. Smash's items are about iconic items in the game, so it doesn't matter if a character from series can't use them. Smash isn't canon. But should that be your criteria, anyone can use the reeking box in Awakening, including Ike and Marth.

Out of all the item's listed, I think the Berserk Staff is the one that is the most distinctly Fire Emblem. The Reeking Box is very FE, but it has only appeared in Awakening. Then again, the Star Rod for Kirby has only appeared in Kirby's Adventure and its GBA remake.

I'd rather FE get a distinct and unique item that's only in the FE series, rather than a vulnery. Most of the healing items are the second or third item for the series. Not to mention, how much would it heal? The normal percentages have already been covered (50% and 100% from the Maxim Tomato and the Heart Container). I wouldn't want a low amount healing item.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Heck, something like a Glass Axe could be a good idea too. Deals a lot of damage, but only has three shots before it breaks.

Speedwings could make one attack faster. Light Runes could create an unbreakable light wall.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Idk something like a energy drop, increases the damage from attacks slightly.
Dracoshield, reduces the damage you take slightly.
Um idk what the ashera icon can do, unless it makes you auto dodge when attacked.

That's all I got.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
So, if we got 4 FE, who would you choose?

I'd choose Marth, Ike, Roy and Lyn.

Of course no one would like they all have swords, but they have different sword styles, and they aren't a bunch of blue haired guys either.

Also, one was already in Smash, the other was an AT. Showing Sakurai already knows or maybe even likes both of them

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So, if we got 4 FE, who would you choose?

I'd choose Marth, Ike, Roy and Lyn.

Of course no one would like they all have swords, but they have different sword styles, and they aren't a bunch of blue haired guys either.

Also, one was already in Smash, the other was an AT. Showing Sakurai already knows or maybe even likes both of them
Yeah I find this the most likely, because you got all the major needed characters.
Marth (Famous Protagonist)
Ike (2nd most important lord)
Roy (Shameless Semi-clone)
Lyn (Femme-Fatale

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
What, Black Knight or a playable FE villain? Because most series get an antagonist around their 3rd or 4th character. I'm not really a fan of BK (Nergal is my favorite FE villain), but who else would they choose over him?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There's noone basically.

Unless you want Robin aka the Avatar, who's apperantly the reincarnated Girma in a different timeline or some ****.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
What, Black Knight or a playable FE villain? Because most series get an antagonist around their 3rd or 4th character. I'm not really a fan of BK (Nergal is my favorite FE villain), but who else would they choose over him?
Arvis is my favorite villain from the series, but Black Knight would be my realistic choice. Ashera would work too.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The Shield of Seals could work as an item. Sort of like a version of Link's Shield that anybody could grab. Though I think that the Levin Sword and Devil Axe are both excellent choices as well. Really we should get all three since it's taken so long to get an FE item

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Dat clipping.
The thing that disappointed me the most about Marth's new pictures was that everyone was using that really badass Nair picture of him and his chin was still clipping through his collar.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The thing that disappointed me the most about Marth's new pictures was that everyone was using that really badass Nair picture of him and his chin was still clipping through his collar.
Just be grateful it's his collar and not his sword.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It seems like the Flames of War have extinguished.

Thread needed a bump

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Project M tries to focus most on characters that aren't gonna be in Smash 4 though. Also, I agree with Habanero. Ike is most likely, and also most awesome.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Project M tries to focus most on characters that aren't gonna be in Smash 4 though. Also, I agree with Habanero. Ike is most likely, and also most awesome.
Lyn only has a decent shot in Smash 4, but she has the best chance for a unique character, if we're talking about most likely in general, then Corn and Rye.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lyn? What?
Would somebody like to explain why they most definitely would go for lyn?
Not most definitely, but she has a good shot I guess.

She's marketable, popular, has an unique style, has been in Brawl as an Assist Trophy and a trophy, was chosen as a DLC character above Eliwood and Hector in Awakening and Fire Emblem 7 being the first international released game in the west for Fire Emblem.

To be honest, I still consider Chrom as the most likely. But thanks to Rosalina, I can safely support Lyn again without too much shame.

Again, Ike has all of my hype though. :ike:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom