• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Project M tries to focus most on characters that aren't gonna be in Smash 4 though.
What do you mean by that? Because the only characters added that were not in Brawl were Mewtwo (who is extremely likely at this point) and Roy (who is arguable).
I don't really see Project M adding new and original characters any time soon tbh.

So Lyn is the discussion? I like Lyn. A lot. Heck, I may even add her to my roster just to take a chance and be different. It's not like it matters if I'm wrong, I'd be more surprised if there was a roster that got everyone right.

And on a side note, why am I even here? I hate Fire Emblem Discussions, yet I feel like having one today? :ohwell:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
What do you mean by that? Because the only characters added that were not in Brawl were Mewtwo (who is extremely likely at this point) and Roy (who is arguable).
I don't really see Project M adding new and original characters any time soon tbh.

So Lyn is the discussion? I like Lyn. A lot. Heck, I may even add her to my roster just to take a chance and be different. It's not like it matters if I'm wrong, I'd be more surprised if there was a roster that got everyone right.

And on a side note, why am I even here? I hate Fire Emblem Discussions, yet I feel like having one today? :ohwell:
Don't worry the Fire Emblem discussions in here aren't as crazy as they are in the other threads, the Fire Emblem speculators here agree on most subjects.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Guess Mewtwo and Roy where exceptions cause they where in Melee in the first place. Hence, Project M stands for Melee.

What I mean is that the PM team wants to add fresh newcomers that aren't all too likely to be in Smash 4 as characters. Don't ask me why either, they just won't do it. So there'll be no Villager, MegaMan, Rosalina or Wii Fit Trainer in Project M. Due to some copyright stuff, they also aren't much allowed to use content that's not from Brawl. So all new characters should be either trophies, stickers or Assist Trophies. Chrom for example wouldn't be possible, neither would Mega Mewtwo.

Lyn could be the topic, but I myself rather discuss Ike.

Look at this alt costume I found online:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There isn't really any consequence to the idea of Ike using his Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn look. All it does is emphasize Ike's strength and creates more of a contrast.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It does, and it gives an excuse to buff Ike some in weight, strenght and speed even. Still hoping for a far more flashy Aether, and actual blue fire on his Eruption attack. Those two attacks really dissapointed me greatly in his moveset when Ike was first announced.

•Col•

Smash Champion
It does, and it gives an excuse to buff Ike some in weight, strenght and speed even. Still hoping for a far more flashy Aether, and actual blue fire on his Eruption attack. Those two attacks really dissapointed me greatly in his moveset when Ike was first announced.
Screw that.

Take Eruption away and give Ike that dang projectile attack for the Ragnell, Sakurai. It won't be stupidly broken if you just BALANCE it.

And given the amount of changes other characters have gotten already, I wouldn't be surprised if Eruption actually was removed. Here's to hoping, at least.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Removal of Eruption is also a do-want for me. However, because of Sakurai already saying no to the Ragnell shockwave / laser projectile, I automatically assume we won't get it. I still support the idea though! And if nothing else, give Ike a Tomahawk, which would work like Link's SSB 64 Boomerang.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Removal of Eruption is also a do-want for me. However, because of Sakurai already saying no to the Ragnell shockwave / laser projectile, I automatically assume we won't get it. I still support the idea though! And if nothing else, give Ike a Tomahawk, which would work like Link's SSB 64 Boomerang.
Does Ike need a projectile?
I like the big heavy guys having mainly melee attacks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

He doesn't need it, but it would be cool to add a little pressure game on Ike.

I still want mad Aether buffs as well.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
He never really did the eruption in his games though, the ragnell-wave is one of the signature things about his weapon, not bursting flames like the sword of seals, though.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I really like the idea of Vanguard Ike.

It fits his big heavy swordsman playstyle best imo.
I really hope this is the design they go with (or at least make it an alt. to the Hero design) because this would look freakin amazing in HD.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So, if we got 4 FE, who would you choose?

Marth(No Duh)
Ike(Reoccurring Lord, unique, polular)
Roy(Ph1R3*shot*, popular to the extreme, can be decloned)
Robin/Avatar/Tactician(offers new perspective on Fire Emblem, major character in Awakening, can count as female ala WFT)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
B-but, it's ZIGLUDO-CHAN-SAN-SAMA-SENPAI-SAN-SAMA-SAN-CHAN-SAN-SENPAI-CHAN. You cannot go wrong with ZIGLUDO-CHAN-SAN-SAMA-SENPAI-SAN-SAMA-SAN-CHAN-SAN-SENPAI-CHAN, he's the second best lord behind Landmaster.
3rd you forgot Waluigi.
ZIGLUDO-CHAN-SAN-SAMA-SENPAI-SAN-SAMA-SAN-CHAN-SAN-SENPAI-CHAN can't handle the Waluigi time.

Also somewhat off topic, but does any one know how to upload screenshots from Brawl/Project M to a computer? Because I look in the files, but I have no idea where to find the screenshots themselves, I want use one of the Screenshots for my profile pic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Waluigi has worst Luck growths. The RNG Goddess also has a big hate for him, and he has troll growths. Overrated/10. He does come with a nice weapon level in Rackets though...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also somewhat off topic, but does any one know how to upload screenshots from Brawl/Project M to a computer? Because I look in the files, but I have no idea where to find the screenshots themselves, I want use one of the Screenshots for my profile pic.
First off, you'll need a program called "bin2jpg" and an SD card.

You need to look for a folder named "AL", which should contain the .bin files of your screenshots. You cannot use them normally, which is where the program "bin2jpg" comes in. Extract all of the files for that program into a single folder, there should be 4 total. Put the .bin file into the bin2jpg folder, then click a file called bin2jpgall. If done correctly, you'll produce two additional files, one of which will be a .jpg of your picture.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
So, if we got 4 FE, who would you choose?

I'd choose Marth, Ike, Roy and Lyn.

Of course no one would like they all have swords, but they have different sword styles, and they aren't a bunch of blue haired guys either.

Also, one was already in Smash, the other was an AT. Showing Sakurai already knows or maybe even likes both of them
Same as you. Marth, Ike, Roy, Lyn.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
It would be interesting if Chrom / Lucy were there (as Great Lords) and the DSpecial was to swap out a sword to a Lance. Seriously, EVERY FE CHARACTER HAS SWORDS, I'M SICK OF IT

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike swings his sword around as an axe anyway. I'd like it indeed that if we'd get Chrom in, he'd make use of his Shield of Seals and a few lance moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom