• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I was not that excited about Marth in Melee.

In Brawl, the tweaks to his moves just really nailed the flavor of the character for me. While I do not play as Marth, he is one of the best designed characters. His specials are unique and capture the strategy aspect of his games.

Now visually he looks amazing. Brawl made his moves and style more flavorful and Smash4 really hit his model out of the park. The picture of Link and Marth jumping at each other is amazing.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sigurd from Fire Emblem 4 was originally supposed to be in melee, but to advertise Fire Emblem 6 coming out, they put in Roy instead. So I think Marth and Krom will be the only ones to make it.
Damn, I can't believe I'm quoting from the first page, but wasn't it Leaf who was supposed to be in Melee instead? I could've sworn it was Leaf due to the recent FE at that time before Sakurai added Roy instead

Vanguard Ike or Lord Ike it would be really awesome to play with either....

Lord Ike:

Vanguard Ike:

Hero Ike:

( Hero Ike sure looks good too and that Sword is just amazing it's called the "Ettard" )

So now which variation is your favorite ?
There's a possibility we might get the Hero class for Ike this time. At least he can lift Ragnell in that outfit in RD comparing to just the Lord outfit in PoR. I like all three, but the Hero class might be the most realistic

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Damn, I can't believe I'm quoting from the first page, but wasn't it Leaf who was supposed to be in Melee instead? I could've sworn it was Leaf due to the recent FE at that time before Sakurai added Roy instead
I think Leaf would have been the choice if Sakurai had an FE character he wanted somebody before he knew about Roy. There was a poster namd cednym who claimed that Leaf was the original FE character Sakurai wanted to include(besides Marth obv), but that once he saw Roy he decided that Roy's flame attacks made him stand out. However, cednym's info wasn't super well sourced: he referenced an interview in an old issue of Famitsu, but I don't think anyone's been able to find/verify the interview.

Daniee

Smash Cadet
Having a third FE character revealed this early (probably about a year before release) gives me some hope that there will be three characters this time.

But now it'll probably be several months before they show someone more exciting. >.< Marth is cool and all, but I need to see Ike. I hope the lineup is those two plus My Unit (but I don't particularly care who the hypothetical third character is as long as Ike is still in).

As for Ike's design:
I like Lord Ike the most.
I think we'll get Ranger Ike again.
If he gets his Radiant Dawn design, I'd prefer the Hero look.

I think Leaf would have been the choice if Sakurai had an FE character he wanted somebody before he knew about Roy. There was a poster namd cednym who claimed that Leaf was the original FE character Sakurai wanted to include(besides Marth obv), but that once he saw Roy he decided that Roy's flame attacks made him stand out. However, cednym's info wasn't super well sourced: he referenced an interview in an old issue of Famitsu, but I don't think anyone's been able to find/verify the interview.
I remember reading that as well. I'm willing to believe it's true because it just makes sense. The only other characters that would've worked as a Marth clone I think are Seliph and Leif, and Roy definitely stands out more than those two, especially the former.

It would be hilarious if, after all this time of people claiming that Roy and Ike were chosen because they were the protagonist of the most recent game in the series, that that was a total coincidence and both were chosen for different reasons.

•Col•

Smash Champion
The whole Sigurd thing was a big lie created pre-Brawl. The lie was that Sigurd was planned to be in a Smash game and was one of Sakurai's favorite FE characters.

When looking at possible candidates for a second FE character for Melee, Sakurai did consider Leaf originally, but like someone mentioned, when he found out about Roy he thought that he would stand out a lot more and had a 'charm' or whatever that would draw players to him.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What could Lyn bring to Smash Brothers?
A vagina

Technically she can use bows after promotion. It's not something to base her entire moveset around, but it's something. Also she's based on the Fragile Speedster Myrmidon class, whereas Marth and Roy are "traditional" rapier using/fencing Lords, while Ike and Chrom are more based on the Lightning Bruiser Mercenary class(though Ike is more of a Mighty Glacier in Brawl).

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
A vagina

Technically she can use bows after promotion. It's not something to base her entire moveset around, but it's something. Also she's based on the Fragile Speedster Myrmidon class, whereas Marth and Roy are "traditional" rapier using/fencing Lords, while Ike and Chrom are more based on the Lightning Bruiser Mercenary class(though Ike is more of a Mighty Glacier in Brawl).

Basically this. She'd be pretty unique. I know that her odds of making it in are pretty meek, but whatever. For most NA FE fans, Lyn is the first FE character they got to play as so she'll always have a special place in our hearts.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
What could Lyn bring to Smash Brothers?
A playstyle that revolves around being agile, nimble and precise in her strikes and movements-basically feeling and acting like a cross between a samurai and a ninja. Her specials could easily include her critical attack and a bow with decent knockback and which can be aimed at any direction, amongst other ideas.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think we most likely gonna see Hero Ike, with some elements thrown in from Vanguard Ike. Aka, Hero Ike with more armour.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Which is, of coarse, one of the first moves I'd change from Ike if he came back...

At least aestically! Make the flames blue or something, please. Like in PM.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Which is, of coarse, one of the first moves I'd change from Ike if he came back...

At least aestically! Make the flames blue or something, please. Like in PM.

Yeah, I totally don't get why they wouldn't at least change the color of the fire for Eruption. :/

It would literally just take a few minutes for them to have changed it.

My guess that that Sakurai didn't think too much about it.. Like "Oshi- this ragnell projectile move is OP as hell.. Eh, give him that fire attack we were gonna use for Roy. DONE."

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Well, at least there is Project M.

...But wait, in that context how would Ike know Roy?
They met in Awakening's DLC.

Why does Ike have red flames instead of blue? Because flames are red. Ike has no flame abilities in the game other than his blue flame aura, so when he added it to his abilities it was all made up.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think I remember seeing in a DLC YouTube video (I don't own a 3DS or Awakening) that Ike in his DLC chapter after recruitement said something about 'a man called Marth thought me that'. Something about compasion for your companions or something. Ike and Roy meeting in a similar way isn't as farfetched. Especially since they choose to fight each other. SMASH BRETHREN *****!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Because blue flames are more cool then red flames.

In context they're more dangerous too. Blue flames are actually hotter then red flames.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Because blue flames are more cool then red flames.

In context they're more dangerous too. Blue flames are actually hotter then red flames.
More cool and hotter? This reminds me of a joke from the pokemon anime:
Blaine: "What do tourists [at Cinnabar Island] think is hot and cool?"

I think of blue flames as more calm, controlled, and dangerous, as opposed to red flames, which are more explosive. The move is also called eruption, which are generally colored red, hence the move of Ike is red.

It also looks like a Bolganone tome from Path of Radiance, which is red. I don't really like how people speculate that it was originally Roy's move.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Anyone who's used a stove should know that the flame starts blue and turns red when you make it hotter. It's true that blue is hotter in stars, but I think at terrestrial temperatures, the color of the flame depends much more on the fuel source.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anyone who's used a stove should know that the flame starts blue and turns red when you make it hotter. It's true that blue is hotter in stars, but I think at terrestrial temperatures, the color of the flame depends much more on the fuel source.

I don't think the goal of stoves are to create heat for the purpose of harming people.

Pro fact, red flames are actually the lowest temp fire. Chemical make-up does factor in that, hence the "low temp" blue flames.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yo, imagine if Sakurai gives every FE fighter a fire based B special for no apparent reason. So like, everyone has different flame colours:

Marth = purple flames (cuz fabulous) <-- and why does Marth glow less purple in when he uses Sheild Breaker in Brawl? :c
Roy = red
Ike = blue
Chrom = yellow (cuz he has the power of corn, and corn's yellow)
Lyn = green
etc etc

I always thought Ike's Eruption is an interesting case. I don't know that much about FE, however, Bolganone is like a magic attack, right? It's never associated with swords? I mean, it's not like that little problem would stop Sakurai from having Ike using an attack based on Bolganone, however, I never came across any sources about Sakurai mentioning Bolganone. I remember reading one post some time ago, explaining that Sakurai may have said (in an article? a book?) that Eruption is inspired by Bolganone, but I couldn't find any sources, nor did the poster provided a link, dammit! How can I believe this info!?

But seriously, if you're going to have Ike use a move that may be based on magic, why not do the same for Roy? Like make him spew out different flame attacks, like he's some sort of fire mage or something...

Damn you Cecilia! If it weren't for your teachings, Roy may have became a mage -- a very bad mage -- but still one nonetheless!!

Ok, Roy, if you're going to have children, pls pls pls make Lilina teach them magic. kthxbai.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yo, imagine if Sakurai gives every FE fighter a fire based B special for no apparent reason. So like, everyone has different flame colours:

Marth = purple flames (cuz fabulous) <-- and why does Marth glow less purple in when he uses Sheild Breaker in Brawl? :c
Roy = red
Ike = blue
Chrom = yellow (cuz he has the power of corn, and corn's yellow)
Lyn = green
etc etc

I always thought Ike's Eruption is an interesting case. I don't know that much about FE, however, Bolganone is like a magic attack, right? It's never associated with swords? I mean, it's not like that little problem would stop Sakurai from having Ike using an attack based on Bolganone, however, I never came across any sources about Sakurai mentioning Bolganone. I remember reading one post some time ago, explaining that Sakurai may have said (in an article? a book?) that Eruption is inspired by Bolganone, but I couldn't find any sources, nor did the poster provided a link, dammit! How can I believe this info!?

But seriously, if you're going to have Ike use a move that may be based on magic, why not do the same for Roy? Like make him spew out different flame attacks, like he's some sort of fire mage or something...

Damn you Cecilia! If it weren't for your teachings, Roy may have became a mage -- a very bad mage -- but still one nonetheless!!

Ok, Roy, if you're going to have children, pls pls pls make Lilina teach them magic. kthxbai.
Wow I like it, would be a cool aesthetic.

and yeah bolganone is purely magic tome based. and yeah sakurai usually does teh ph1re just for show, cause ya know.... smash bros isn't canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom