• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Hey guys, I'm still working on my want roster. I don't really care for Marth, but I do want a fast swords(wo)man. Who's cool? Also are there any cool archers/projectile fighters in Fire Emblem?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hey guys, I'm still working on my want roster. I don't really care for Marth, but I do want a fast swords(wo)man. Who's cool? Also are there any cool archers/projectile fighters in Fire Emblem?
Lyn uses bows on promotion. Also, aside from mages and archers there are also Hand Axes, Javelins, and Magic Swords(like the Levin Sword).

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I know Eirika is specifically known for using a rapier-type sword. Are there any other major characters like that? I want to have that archetype in my roster, but I don't want to put both Ephraim and Eirika in it(except maybe as an alternate costume). How about this: everyone tell me their favorite characters in each combat style. Then I'll research them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well technically most lords can use a rapier and it's a default weapon at the beginning of the game, in fact in most games only a lord character can use a rapier. I recall that Ike, Hector, Sigurd, and Ephraim are the only lords that cannot use a rapier.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
It's like you either didn't read what I was asking for, or it rattled around in your skull for a little bit and fell out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
yeah, that's what i meant by "'want' roster." so who's cool that works like marth/eirika?
You mean use a rapier?

Well. Marth is cool...

So is Erika...

But if you want neither of those...

Lucina is closest to them.

Remember though, pretty much every lord can use a rapier, so I assume you mean a "graceful and fast" fighter.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You want one that is fast? Go for Lyn, her design is based on the Myrmidon (and by extension Swordmaster) class, so she has a lot of speed built in right from the start.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You want one that is fast? Go for Lyn, her design is based on the Myrmidon (and by extension Swordmaster) class, so she has a lot of speed built in right from the start.
Speed yes. She definitely has that.

But she doesn't have the "graceful" thing I think Mouse is going for. She always struck me as more badass than graceful.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Well I figured I would probably include Lyn as the samurai type character. I still need another character for using the pointy end.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well I figured I would probably include Lyn as the samurai type character. I still need another character for using the pointy end.
Well then you could pick Marth, Roy, or Eirika. Seliph or Leif would probably fit the archetype even though neither has a Prf Rapier(though Leif DOES eventually get Rapier access, though it's not exclusive).

Chrom and Lucina both use rapiers but they don't really fit the archetype I think you're looking for.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Anyway, to answer your original question:
How about this: everyone tell me their favorite characters in each combat style. Then I'll research them.
Fragile Speedster: Lyn
Fencer: Marth
Lightning Bruiser: Ike
Mighty Glacier: Hector
"Lance dude": Ephraim
Mage: Micaiah

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Yoshimitsu pls.
He's been a guest in a lot of fighters Namco Bandai has worked on, plus he has the pogo and seppuku moves!
Lyn is cool too.
Also, if you're looking for an axe user, you simply MUST choose Hector. If not him, at least Mighty LobsterHorse Conqueror Walhart.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Hector is already in. Unless someone tells me about someone cooler that uses an axe. Anyway, Yoshimitsu pisses me off. He ****ing sits in the corner and jacks off to heal himself, then he jumps around on his sword before flying around with a flag helicopter. **** him. My friend played as him in SC2(or 3? The gamecube one). I played as Ivy. I love chain swords.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hector is already in. Unless someone tells me about someone cooler that uses an axe. Anyway, Yoshimitsu pisses me off. He ****ing sits in the corner and jacks off to heal himself, then he jumps around on his sword before flying around with a flag helicopter. **** him. My friend played as him in SC2(or 3? The gamecube one). I played as Ivy. I love chain swords.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL
At least IIIIIIIIIII don't have a personal VENDETTA against SOOOOOOOOME characters!

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Someone was asking for the most graceful Fire Emblem character?

Clearly it's Maribelle she's got the porcelain doll hair curls, wears ribbons, gloves, carries an umbrella to battle, is allergic to vulgar vocabulary, and makes Princess Peach look like a tomboy.

Joking aside I think it's Elincia and among lords only I'd say Eliwood, Leif, or Eirika.

FireEmblemFan101

Smash Cadet
Here's my Idea for the Fire Emblem Reps: Lethe(cat form), Micaiah, Ike, Marth or Chrom, Mia.
Fire Emblem is one of the few First Party games represented in Smash Bros. Either replace Marth with Chrom, or don't do it. Having Chom replace Ike is a horrible idea, Chrom is a descendant of Marth, wields the same sword as Marth, and it would be Roy and Marth all over again.
If they add Marth, he should appear as he does in Awakening, Ike as he appears in Radiant Dawn, Same with the other RD characters. Add Micaiah, because she is a magic wielder, and also SSB4 needs more females. Lethe because she's a powerful Laguz. And Mia because she is a purple haired sword wielder. That's my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom