• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
If I recall Ganondorf didn't get many changes because there was an intention to avoid alienating those that are familiar with his gameplay style from Melee.
I feel like they could have kept him pretty much exactly the same though, even with a sword. Basically, just switch in sword attacks with similiar properties for the moves where he awkwardly uses his legs to kick(which looks dumb in Brawl because they made his model tubbier and gave him the running animation of a 50 year old jogging).

Ftilt - Rather than a "THIS IS SPARTA" kick, he would thrust his sword forward
Dtilt - Swipe at ground with sword
Utilt - Sword glow purple while charing up, then he thrusts the ground to cause a huge explosion with high knockback
Usmash - Stabs upwards at a slight angle
Dsmash - Slashes both sides, front then back
Nair - Rather than two kicks, he slashes in front of him twice
Uair - Rather than bicycle kick he just swipes above him, front to back
Bair - Looks much the same as it does now, but even more badass because he bashes people's skulls in with the hilt of his sword
Down B - Pretty much exactly the same as wizard kick, but he charges sword-first

Everything else stays as is. Yeah I guess the main change is that he'd have a disjointed hitbox for these attacks but.. So what? That wouldn't actually change much other than making Ganondorf slightly better overall. And the way Brawl Ganondorf turned out, it probably would've helped him quite a bit.....

Which is why (though off-topic from FE) Sakurai should just suck it up, make Black Shadow-dorf so they aren't "alienated" while he redoes Ganon from scratch.

I very much wish he would add Black Shadow and give him Ganondorf's current moveset and remake Ganondorf.. He has so much potential. :(

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
insert nonsense here
Hey guys, that's Manly Spirit's little brother, who he openly stated as attempting to troll. Let me tell you they're let on when you use things like affability and such obvious reversal attacks, your attacks need to be more subtle, though I don't bother to regard how subtle seeing as the troll's work is a lowly thing.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So wait, FinalStarman is Manly's younger brother? Huh, didn't know that. I talk to him on Skype a fair amount.
ihavenoidealolololololololol
But don't you remember Manly mentioning stuff about his little troll brother?
And how come there isn't a Smashboards IRC? AlphaZealot pls. And how come I don't get to skype? D:
I would just talk about Anna anyways :3

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
So wait, FinalStarman is Manly's younger brother? Huh, didn't know that. I talk to him on Skype a fair amount.

No, I am not, quite frankly. Ask him yourself, if you wish.

Misunderstanding
I admit to my incompetence and ignorance.

It's all an undesirable misunderstanding, based entirely on my incredibly foolish actions. I inconsiderately misinterpreted GoldenYuiitusin's words, and misconstrued it's original meaning into something it was not. I originally thought I was being insulted (TheDivineDeity, again, is the equivalent of an insult within these threads), when in fact I was only being genuinely questioned as to my ill-mannered conduct (as it was similar in aspects - brazen assumptions and hostile activity), as well as when I originally thought he was insulting ManlySpirit, when it was in fact it was only in playful jest between friends. I should take taken consideration to context.

I am truly, deeply sorry for all that has taken place. I take responsibility for my actions, and my hasty actions have been disgraceful, embarrassing, and imbecilic. I take full responsibility for these actions, and I am deeply sorry for it.

To GoldenYuiitusin: You especially, I apologize towards with great regret and sorrow. It is you who were in the right, and I in the wrong. I acted without any sort of regards to civility, whereas you have. You are far more civil than I will ever be.

When I accused you of contributing nothing to the discussion, I was wrong. You have contributed, more than I ever will. In fact, you have contributed to some of the most intelligently-written discourse throughout these threads, with open-minded thoughtfulness, consideration towards others, and conclusively-logical arguments based on reasonable argumentation. I, on the other hand, have never once contributed anything of valuable worth to these forums. My lasting legacy will be breaking up some fights (that will be long forgotten), and perhaps adding a signature to the controversial Mr.SaturnGamer (that will also be ignored), but that is it - nothing thought-provoking or intellectually engaging. Your lasting legacy, however, will be far more reaching within the implications of greatness, to be remembered for years to come. You are the better man than I.

To Opossum: My conduct within this thread was unbecoming. I was truly disgraceful.

To the rest: For my time-wasting, idiotic nonsense.

I actually do admire you greatly, MonK4, so it is a shame I lost all your respect, and more-than-likely Xenoblaze's as well. In fact, it's a damn shame I also lost the respect of GoldenYuiitusin, Opossum, and Swampasaur as a result of my foolishness. A damn unfortunate shame. I still respect you all, even if you may not respect me. It is a shame.

I am a damned fool.

D

Deleted member

I appreciate the apology, but I think you may have went a little overboard there. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Manly said his little brother was DonutFinder.

To Opossum: My conduct within this thread was unbecoming. I was truly disgraceful.

I get that you're sorry, and I appreciate the (albeit rather extreme) apology, but I kind of have to ask...what are you apologizing to me for? :confused: I honestly have no idea, so that probably means it wasn't too big a deal. Whatever it was, though, apology accepted.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I get that you're sorry, and I appreciate the (albeit rather extreme) apology, but I kind of have to ask...what are you apologizing to me for? :confused: I honestly have no idea, so that probably means it wasn't too big a deal. Whatever it was, though, apology accepted.
Maybe he got this mixed up with the Chrom thread?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe he got this mixed up with the Chrom thread?
He said something to me in the Chrom thread? I'll check, just in case. Either way, apology still accepted, Starmen.

EDIT: Not there, either.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
You are indeed correct, shinpichu, I was mistakened as to the OP. Although the sentiment is still shared towards Opossum, as he is a well-respected within the Fire Emblem threads who disapproved of my actions.

I think Manly said his little brother was DonutFinder.

These are the events that transpired:

I misinterpreted a statement made by GoldenYuiitusin (henceforth, GY) about ManlySpirit (henceforth, MS) being overly-obsessive about Lyndis, and without adding any context into the situation (GY and MS are actually affable towards each other, and GY was actually referring to past events) I accused GY of needlessly bashing MS because he supported Lyndis, as well as bringing nothing but snark to the thread. Again, I misinterpreted GY's statement to be rather condescending and snide, which again, wasn't the case at all. I replied to GY that he act "civil" (which he was) and, instead of "insulting" supporters of certain characters (which he did not).

GY then responded if I was TheDivineDeity's alternate account, because I acted in a similar manner in regards to my conduct (wrongful accusations and confrontational actions). Naturally, I mistook this as a disrespectful remark, as the TheDivineDeity's own ruinous reputation has led him to be the but-of-the-joke for certain members of the forum (Mr.SaturnGamer and Hotfeet444/Arcadenik calling each other TheDivineDeity alternate accounts, several of TheDivineDeity's ludicrous ideas turned into joke threads, the name being synonymous with humiliating degradation of reputation and credibility). So, I mistook GY's inquiry as an insult, and then accused him for lacking respect.

In response, GY called me out on my miscalculated inaccuracies, and clarified his statements more accurately by explaining the context of his original post and his counter-rebuttal towards my response, as well as rightfully taking offense to my allegation that he was not "civil" while I "was". Basically, in a whole chestnut shell, I misinterpreted the entire situation, and acted erroneously.

Afterwords, because the situation involved MS, another user by the name of MonK4 thought I was MS's "troll brother" because of the "nonsense" I posted, which also led to Xenoblaze curiously wondering if I was also that particular person. Admittedly, I was emotionally distraught over these series of unfortunate events, so there was so much confusion over to what just occurred. So, in essence, I issued an apology to everybody, as well as some clarifications over the entire situation, and took responsibility. Granted, it was a rather extreme apology, and alas, I suppose I could have toned down the dramatic rhetoric. Although I do speak honestly from the heart - I should be wary of shooting other people when residing in glass houses.

GY has appreciated the (admittedly dramatic) apology, thankfully. All in all, it was much unnecessary drama, that may be applicably useful for a few laughs for two, but ultimately it did not serve the purpose of this thread, which is to discuss Fire Emblem-related topics at large. Let us move on.

I only desire that we continue the thread was once before, in a peaceful and pristine manner.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You are indeed correct, shinpichu, I was mistakened as to the OP. Although the sentiment is still shared towards Opossum, as he is a well-respected within the Fire Emblem threads who disapproved of my actions.

These are the events that transpired:

I misinterpreted a statement made by GoldenYuiitusin (henceforth, GY) about ManlySpirit (henceforth, MS) being overly-obsessive about Lyndis, and without adding any context into the situation (GY and MS are actually affable towards each other, and GY was actually referring to past events) I accused GY of needlessly bashing MS because he supported Lyndis, as well as bringing nothing but snark to the thread. Again, I misinterpreted GY's statement to be rather condescending and snide, which again, wasn't the case at all. I replied to GY that he act "civil" (which he was) and, instead of "insulting" supporters of certain characters (which he did not).

GY then responded if I was TheDivineDeity's alternate account, because I acted in a similar manner in regards to my conduct (wrongful accusations and confrontational actions). Naturally, I mistook this as a disrespectful remark, as the TheDivineDeity's own ruinous reputation has led him to be the but-of-the-joke for certain members of the forum (Mr.SaturnGamer and Hotfeet444/Arcadenik calling each other TheDivineDeity alternate accounts, several of TheDivineDeity's ludicrous ideas turned into joke threads, the name being synonymous with humiliating degradation of reputation and credibility). So, I mistook GY's inquiry as an insult, and then accused him for lacking respect.

In response, GY called me out on my miscalculated inaccuracies, and clarified his statements more accurately by explaining the context of his original post and his counter-rebuttal towards my response, as well as rightfully taking offense to my allegation that he was not "civil" while I "was". Basically, in a whole chestnut shell, I misinterpreted the entire situation, and acted erroneously.

Afterwords, because the situation involved MS, another user by the name of MonK4 thought I was MS's "troll brother" because of the "nonsense" I posted, which also led to Xenoblaze curiously wondering if I was also that particular person. Admittedly, I was emotionally distraught over these series of unfortunate events, so there was so much confusion over to what just occurred. So, in essence, I issued an apology to everybody, as well as some clarifications over the entire situation, and took responsibility. Granted, it was a rather extreme apology, and alas, I suppose I could have toned down the dramatic rhetoric. Although I do speak honestly from the heart - I should be wary of shooting other people when residing in glass houses.

GY has appreciated the (admittedly dramatic) apology, thankfully. All in all, it was much unnecessary drama, that may be applicably useful for a few laughs for two, but ultimately it did not serve the purpose of this thread, which is to discuss Fire Emblem-related topics at large. Let us move on.

I only desire that we continue the thread was once before, in a peaceful and pristine manner.
Ah, okay. Glad it's cleared up. Apology accepted.

Now let's get back to this thread's purpose: killing each other in Fire Emblem debates. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Lances are one of the three main weapon types that forms the well known Weapons Triangle. Between the three, lances are typically the balanced weapon type, being between the reliable but weak sword and powerful but inaccurate axe.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Lances are one of the three main weapon types that forms the well known Weapons Triangle. Between the three, lances are typically the balanced weapon type, being between the reliable but weak sword and powerful but inaccurate axe.
It seems like you just read my first sentence and then ignored the rest of my questions.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Can you guys explain to me how lances work in Fire Emblem? Are they only used while mounted? Are they slow? Do the animations give enough information to tell? I'm still trying to figure out if there's someone in particular I should support for this:
The only potential primary Lance wielder that even has a remote chance of being in the game is Ephraim. Here's a gif of his unpromoted critical animation:

Other than that, Chrom can wield lances upon promotion, though the Sword is still his primaty weapon type.

And yes, with the exception of the Armor Knight and Soldier(which is usually just a mook class), Lances are typically used by mounted units. In fact, in most games where dismounting is a thing, units who can use lances when mounted can't use them when dismpunted(usually being forced to use swords)

Lance users also have access to ranged attacks via Javelins and other throwing spears.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Can you guys explain to me how lances work in Fire Emblem? Are they only used while mounted? Are they slow? Do the animations give enough information to tell? I'm still trying to figure out if there's someone in particular I should support for this:

http://smashboards.com/threads/of-the-potential-newcomers-who-uses-a-spear.339984/#post-15786989
Lances are one part of what is known as the weapon's triangle. Each weapon defeats another weapon, but loses to third weapon. So lances defeat swords, swords defeat axes, and axes defeat lances. More accurately, they give the user an advantage in battle if the opponent uses the weaker weapon. That doesn't mean defeating the opponent is insurmountable, but it's typical harder.

They aren't only used with mounted units. Certain lords, such as Lucina, Ephraim, and Chrom, use lances on foot in a lord class (in the promoted class for both Lucina and Chrom). Knights and Soldiers also use them on foot. Ephraim is the only lord to use lances as his main weapon. Both Chrom and Lucina use lances as their secondary weapon.

They are slower than swords but faster than axes. Each weapon carries a weight that when combined with the user's speed (not the exact equation) that determined the speed of the attack. When a unit and weapon is significantly faster, that unit will strike twice in a turn. If they are about even, the user will attack once, and the opponent will counteract once. If they are significantly slower, the units will attack once, but the opponent will attack twice.

The animation gives just about the same amount of detail as the animations for FE users with a sword. Meaning, the animations in the games are usually very limited, with one attack animation and one critical hit animation.

Ephraim's critical hit
Units can attack relatively fast with the weapon, but it depends on their class and the unit's speed. All lords who use lances use as a relative fast speed.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Sounds like I need to support Ephraim(or Chrom or Lucina, on the condition that they use a lance).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Sounds like I need to support Ephraim
Do you mean for SSB4? Have fun with that. Ephraim is a bada**, but he was only a main character in one game that was released several years ago(though it was part of the Ambassador program)
They are slower than swords but faster than axes. Each weapon carries a weight that when combined with the user's speed (not the exact equation) that determined the speed of the attack.
Except in FE12/13 where IS was all like "lol weapon weight what's that?"

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Sounds like I need to support Ephraim(or Chrom or Lucina, on the condition that they use a lance).
For my want roster.
Another FE Main Character who has weapon diversity is Micaiah, who exclusively use light Magic. Her chances are much better than Ephraim's. She's the star of Radiant Dawn, along with Ike.

There's also Hector, one of three stars of FE7, the first internationally released game in the series. He shares main lord rights with Eliwood as far as I'm concerned.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
There's no point for me in adding Micaiah, since there's already a magician on the roster, and that's not including potential newcomers. Hector is cool though.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Anna would most likely use lances like other FE characters, it is her weapon class as her traditional role.
In fact, if Anna got in I guarantee she would use lances.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
There's no point for me in adding Micaiah, since there's already a magician on the roster, and that's not including potential newcomers. Hector is cool though.
I can understand not wanting to add more Sword users because there is six of them, but one magician more can't be too many. Hell, even three magicians (Zelda, Micaiah, and Palutena) wouldn't be too many, since they all use different magic (or at least, it's depicted differently).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom