• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Chroy is anything you want Chroy to be. :troll:

(....I should stop before it gets too weird....)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just find it funny that Isaac's Japanese name is Robin, and both are Sword+Magic users. :laugh:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Rip-off!

...JK. I don't plan on getting Awakening.
Why not? It's one of the best games for the 3DS.
I just find it funny that Isaac's Japanese name is Robin, and both are Sword+Magic users. :laugh:
We went through this on the Robin Thread. It was really funny. Just a quick note, Isaac's japanese name is Robin, but (FE) Robin's name in the japanese version is Reflet/Rufure.

Sword and magic users are a staple of RPG's, so that's not that surprising. Link is often a sword and magic user as well.

Just in case anyone was wondering, here is Mother 3's score on the biggest user review site in Japan:
http://gba-mk2.com/rpg/mother3.html
it got a 66, which is a C.
That's not a bad score. For example, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones' score:
http://gba-mk2.com/srpg/fire3.html
It got a 65, which is also a C.
And everyone's favorite "base breaker" Metroid Other M
http://wiimk2.net/title.php?title=774
It got a 55, which is a D.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Lyn's not that special, either.
Only reason she seems like it is because someone was super obsessed dedicated to make her seem special.
Chrom doesn't have an equivalent super obsessed dedicated fanboy.

But everyone knows Chroy is the answer. All hail Chroy.

You might want to display some reasonable defenses for that argumentatively-lacking statement, because other then providing condescendingly snide remarks, all you are contributing is a baseless assertion that warrants no consideration to the current discussion.

D

Deleted member

No, if it were Divine he'd join you in the Lyn bashing. Remember, Divine only cares about the FE characters that have been in Smash.
So saying that Lyn is "not that special" is bashing her?
....I'd hate to see what people say about Chrom is considered....

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
「あなたが怠け者の私生児です、彼が黙らせられて完ぺきです、あなたの表面が愚かです」ように思われるか、あるいは「本当に不平を言うことができません"

Do you understand now?
You can not moan really ", or seems" You are the illegitimate daughter of a lazy, is perfect he is silenced, your face is stupid "as"

Google translate ftw.

edit: I just realized that was a translation of your previous post

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You can not moan really ", or seems" You are the illegitimate daughter of a lazy, is perfect he is silenced, your face is stupid "as"
Lucina confirmed for illegitimate daughter of Chrom.
Chrom confirmed for lazy and forced to be quiet.
Faces confirmed for stupid ass.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Divine, is that you?
Is this what you have resorted to as a response - TheDivineDeity? Shamefully pathetic, really, because I expected much more civility and affability from you. Or perhaps I shouldn't have, considering you obviously lack respect for certain others (ManlySpirit and I), as evidenced by your insulting demeanor towards the likes of us.

At the very least, you can engage in my previous response, which you ignored entirely with only the exception of an insult.

D

Deleted member

You may think you're being civil, but you really aren't.

For starters, somehow legitimately asking if you were Divine (since his account was permabanned and you honestly sounded (and still do) just like him) means I'm being "insulting" and "lack respect" for you?
Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy, eh? Accusing me of having no respect for you has made me have no respect for you.

Second, you don't know me well enough to make a bold accusation (which again, is just like Divine). Manly is someone I respect, and I do respect that he put in the effort to make Lyn seem interesting. However, all the respect in the world doesn't change the fact he's kind of obsessed with her. If you were around when he first came by (which clearly you weren't), you'd get what I mean. He would instigate fights with ChronoBound about her vs. Roy like there was no tomorrow back on the OLD old SSB4 Character Thread.
He's definitely toned down since then, and my little catty chatter about him being obsessed was meant with jest in mind. As well as a subtle way to tell Habanero that the only reason he finds Lyn interesting is because of Manly, and there has been no "Manly" for Chrom as of yet to make him seem interesting.

Now, you want me to "engage" in your previous response, which is pretty much saying I need to defend my statement on Lyn being "not that special" despite being a subjective matter and claiming my post is not contributing anything (again, another Divine signature)? Fine.
Lyn (without Manly's influence) is nothing special because she's just another fast sword slinger with a theoretical style that Takamaru from Mysterious Murasame Castle can also theoretically use and more.
Clearly, you think otherwise. That's fine. But neither of us are more right than the other since it's, again, a matter of subjectivity.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah I had stated Lyn being similar to Takamaru before, you might say Mr. Resetti might steal Muddy Mole's moveset too.
Except that Muddy doesn't swing around a pick-axe, and Resetti doesn't go around laying traps and throwing iron balls. /rant

•Col•

Smash Champion
Second, you don't know me well enough to make a bold accusation (which again, is just like Divine). Manly is someone I respect, and I do respect that he put in the effort to make Lyn seem interesting. However, all the respect in the world doesn't change the fact he's kind of obsessed with her. If you were around when he first came by (which clearly you weren't), you'd get what I mean. He would instigate fights with ChronoBound about her vs. Roy like there was no tomorrow back on the OLD old SSB4 Character Thread.
He's definitely toned down since then, and my little catty chatter about him being obsessed was meant with jest in mind. As well as a subtle way to tell Habanero that the only reason he finds Lyn interesting is because of Manly, and there has been no "Manly" for Chrom as of yet to make him seem interesting.

I think that makes a statement about Chrom as a potential Smash character, actually.

D

Deleted member

Well, they could be similar, but I couldn't imagine Resetti suplexing iron balls into people (no innuendo intended, seriously), nor Muddy hitting people with a pickaxe while ranting.
But yeah, if somehow both of them were to be considered, it's kind of a one or the other deal, which I think is what you were going for.

EDIT: @BluePikmin

Dern Nernjers.....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think that makes a statement about Chrom as a potential Smash character, actually.
Not really. It's just that I'm pretty subtle about my support, as to not get to a huge Impa/Diddy-level of annoyance to people, but I would say I'm a pretty close parallel to the Manly/Lyn scenario, but for Chrom.

D

Deleted member

Then why not go the full moveset route complete with style and all the fixins' that would make even Habanero say DAYUM? :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To be blunt, the most interesting and plausible one I've seen is jaytalks talking about a blend of both European and Japanese style of swordplay that either Chrom or Lucina can utilize.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Then why not go the full moveset route complete with style and all the fixins' that would make even Habanero say DAYUM? :troll:
It's still a work in progress, but the basics are down, if it helps. I think I have a working version of it in the Chrom thread.

•Col•

Smash Champion
GAH, WHY THE **** DOES IGNORE THE EXPLANATIONS!?

LARGE AND HEAVY SWORD. GAMEPLAY AND DESIGN CORRELATING TO EACH OTHER. BALANCE. LOGIC. FUUUUUUUCK!
Nahhh that can't be it.

I'm sure it would've been fine if Ike had been a super fast character(Speed is one of Ike's highest stats gains) while also keeping his huge attack range and weight/power. Sakurai must not have just been paying attention to source material like ALWAYS. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Nahhh that can't be it.

I'm sure it would've been fine if Ike had been a super fast character(Speed is one of Ike's highest stats gains) while also keeping his huge attack range and weight/power. Sakurai must not have just been paying attention to source material like ALWAYS. :troll:
But we already have Meta Knight.

•Col•

Smash Champion
But we already have Meta Knight.
True, true.

Side note: Does anyone else feel that one of the reasons that Ganondorf remained pretty clone-y is partly because of Ike? I feel like Ganondorf MAY have been originally intended to be a slow, heavy sword swinging type, but Ike ended up filling that role and Sakurai decided to keep Ganondorf close to his Melee form.

Then again, maybe not though. I swear to god I can't shake the feeling that the sword taunt Ganondorf has in Brawl is meant to be a huge :troll: by Sakurai.... Much like the "REAL MEN USE ITEMS" image on the Smash Dojo before Brawl was released..

During the taunt, Ganondorf is just all like.. "HEH, look what I got here in my pocket. Well, enough of that then." *puts away weapon*

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If I recall Ganondorf didn't get many changes because there was an intention to avoid alienating those that are familiar with his gameplay style from Melee.

D

Deleted member

Which is why (though off-topic from FE) Sakurai should just suck it up, make Black Shadow-dorf so they aren't "alienated" while he redoes Ganon from scratch.

During the taunt, Ganondorf is just all like.. "HEH, look what I got here in my pocket. Well, enough of that then." *puts away weapon*
More like "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny.....", given his weakness to shiny things. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom