• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get a platform fighter! You get a platform fighter!

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
What the hell is going on? Nickelodeon releases a platform fighter the same day that Sora is revealed as the final fighter, and now WB is making a platform fighter too? Ever since Nintendo decided to "end" Ultimate, it seems like some people want to hop on the platform fighter hype train. What reason is there for these two games to pop up? I don't think these games will ever replace Smash, but they do want to go to war with it. Isn't it also a bit weird that both games are emphasizing competitive play?

I understand the idea of business competition, but if you want to fight a series the size of Smash, why now? Smash has been huge for years.

If I had to guess, it's because Ultimate is so ridiculously popular that other brands are trying to steal that hype.

Last edited:

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
One more comment: I don't know why, but both games look like they have an aesthetic that's geared towards younger audiences, as opposed to Smash's aesthetic that looks professional but generally appealing to any age group. That's why the emphasis on competition confuses me.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
What the hell is going on? Nickelodeon releases a platform fighter the same day that Sora is revealed as the final fighter, and now WB is making a platform fighter too? Ever since Nintendo decided to "end" Ultimate, it seems like some people want to hop on the platform fighter hype train. What reason is there for these two games to pop up? I don't think these games will ever replace Smash, but they do want to go to war with it. Isn't it also a bit weird that both games are emphasizing competitive play?

I understand the idea of business competition, but if you want to fight a series the size of Smash, why now? Smash has been huge for years.

If I had to guess, it's because Ultimate is so ridiculously popular that other brands are trying to steal that hype.
Maybe they just... wanted to make a fun game?

Baysha

Smash Ace
There is also the fact that making games takes a really long time. Neither of these games planned to release after Smash ended. In fact, NASB's release date was revealed before the date of Sora's reveal was revealed.

Top Bottom