• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Heh, unless another Yoshi has won over $550 from tournaments, then I'd say that's a safe assumption =b

vato_break

Smash Master
I lost to burntsocks because i sd'd first game and and got jungle japes'd third game and then they changed it back to unity ruleset after that ._.

/salty

burntsocks is really good though, low tiers ftw :)

D

Deleted member

Haha true. Ur fault for up bing out of egg lay offstage ;P
Btw 5/102 all yoshi

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Egg lay out of grab release offstage=people sd in panic like always xD

:phone:

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Yeah, people who know Yoshi should never die that way =b

I'm scared to death whenever I egg-lay Kirby's Marth anywhere off-stage, cause he'll time his break out to where he spikes the crap out of me if I don't get the hell away.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Got 5th at winter games fest. :D
Only lost to tearbear and havok, game 3 for both.

Can i have slush's spot on top 5 yoshis >.>

Btw delta, i MMed rich brown, game 1 he was at 80 i was at 0 last stock and then he 0-deathed me xD Very winnable imo, hes just a super smart player, but yoshi has the mobility and options to deal with everything oli has. I lost to tearbears oli game 3 as well, i went for a dumb thing on castle siege and got bthrowed and died really low, but it was still kinda close :p

A lot of stuff was recorded, ill ask aisight to upload some. I played really bad against havok game 3 but besides that i think i played solid (against dsf i was a bit sloppy as well but i managed to win a close game 3 anyways).

Also, for the first time, someone counterpicked my yoshi with ganon >.>
Socks too good.

I was playing the Olimar MU A LOT this past weekend. Definitely doable, RB just outdid me and I failed to adapt. Pretty sure it's not AWFUL, I just need to not get freaked out by certain walls like I did. XD

Did you get ***** by Ganon? =P

yea maybe later haha. dont care too much, bad list is bad.
rofl @ choosing whos results are better between polt and delta.

Delta, what do u do vs snake when they like walk up and spotdodge :/
So tough
If they're doing that all the time, either cross up pivot grab or Bair. Or run in and Charge Usmash.

In general I just run the **** away though. That risk/reward is stupid. I don't like getting Ftilted. I tend to use the ledge as an escape in a lot of MUs.

D

Deleted member

Lol nah i 2 stocked ganon. First stock was scary tho, i CG to spike him and then he goes and footstools me for the kill xD I was like -.-

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The only time I remember playing you at Genesis 2 was as Sheik against your (randomly selected) Pit on Castle Siege at like 2 AM, which I won.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol my Pit is so bad. And we played a bunch of friendlies with Roller and that kid who could play with one hand remember? I remember playing a Marth during that and thought it was you, but maybe not...

EDIT: Wait, does Thugz have a Marth? It might have been him now that I think about it...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
By the time I came in, Roller was about to leave 'cause he couldn't play for **** due to being absurdly drunk, and Thugz was heading out with him. I played a single cycle of friendlies where I beat every one of you exactly once and thanked you guys for making me feel better about getting 5th in my first round of pools.

D

Deleted member

Lol it was friendlies brah. And not even seriousliez :p didn't know those were important
In friendlies with yoshi I usually autopilot

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
While I definitely don't put as much stock into a friendly as I do into a tournament match (or maybe I put more? I haven't figured it out yet), I usually still play in a way where I shouldn't lose unless the other guy plays better, so unless your autopilot is like four levels below your tournament play, I recommend you get better so your B-game can at least convincingly win against someone who no longer even enters tournaments. :p

D

Deleted member

>.>
seriously?
XD

im not offended, but i dont understand the point of you saying this xD In my first tournament after quite literally a year of not playing offline (my last tournament was last years WGF), and not playing alot online, I beat someone ranked, i beat someone who tied for 2nd in round 2 pools at apex, losing by tiebreak or something, i beat the former #1 on the west coast (obviously not as good as he used to be), i beat a few other active players, and i lose game 3 to people who put much much more time into the game than me and are better players playing better characters. im not really good, i know i can get much better if i decide to get back into it, but i think its unfair to say i should get better because we went back and forth in like 3 friendlies after id played a bunch of close matches and didnt really feel like exerting a lot of mental energy before i had to play another match.

Yoshi is a character that you really cant win with against decent players autopilot. Especially against characters like marth that if you just space i have to make reads because my character cant inherently just counter what you do. And i hadnt played the matchup in like a year, so i was a little rusty on the matchup as well (lycan's marth almost beat me in a MM, and its not fantastic either).

i dont think improving my autopilot is important. because i dont play autopilot in tournament. if i wanted to win in friendlies, id go falco or snake or oli because it takes much less energy for me, and the reads are easier for me.

sorry if telling yall about my tournament has come across as boastful, i dont mean to be. i'm happy a bit, but i got quite lucky in a lot of my matches. im much worse at brawl but ive become a very good competitor cuz of all the tennis matches ive been playing, i think thats mostly why i placed pretty well. im sure delta and polt would have done just as well ( i doubt better but maybe)
wall of text for nothing jeez :p

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yoshi is not a character that can afford to play with autopilot. He works harder for the reads that people with an OoS game can do.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I'm exhausted after every tournament I go to. Since I play only Yoshi in every match, my brain's just constantly thinking and analyzing because as you both said, I can't just go on autopilot. Every time I get in and get damage, it's a little bit of relief that my "plan" to get in worked, because you can't just jump into a match without a plan =b

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm telling all of you to get way the hell better because I don't deserve to be taking games off of top 5 anything except maybe for Ganondorfs because they don't switch characters for some reason.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Apparently, no, I haven't, because it didn't count.

I'm more or less just channeling frustrations between massive amounts of video to upload and people complaining about seeding into the first thread I saw from namesearching. Don't worry about it.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm exhausted after every tournament I go to. Since I play only Yoshi in every match, my brain's just constantly thinking and analyzing because as you both said, I can't just go on autopilot. Every time I get in and get damage, it's a little bit of relief that my "plan" to get in worked, because you can't just jump into a match without a plan =b
My hands shake and my legs sort of lose their ability to balance me after matches against good players because of all the effort I need to put forth. People who saw me at Apex know. I'm surprised I managed to get my SD card into and out of the Wii half the time. @_@

Luigisama

Smash Champion
My hands shake and my legs sort of lose their ability to balance me after matches against good players because of all the effort I need to put forth. People who saw me at Apex know. I'm surprised I managed to get my SD card into and out of the Wii half the time. @_@
I actually didn't feel this way until after I played Karamity. Was so weird and there was a group of people behind me and I didn't want to fall on them.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
More results.

Open The Flood Gates
1/21/2012
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13967945&postcount=23503
9th of 34

I only lost to 2nd place (He went Falco and I lost 0-2) and 3rd place (He went Snake and I lost 1-2) and yet I only placed 9th overall. Kinda lame. :/ Ken Neth wasnt feeling too good towards the beginning of the tournament so ended up losing to Ebo, but after taking a break started feeling better, and therefore beat me and pretty much everyone else lol. If he had beaten Ebo, I wouldve played him instead and prob wouldve beaten him, then wouldve beaten Yaz giving me 5th, after that though it wouldve been quite the uphill battle.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I lost 1-3 in grand Finals. Took a game off his Pikachu at Dreamland, aw yeah.

D

Deleted member

lol gj ZZ
i like how u always post these long "if he hadnt lost to avsdygbghj, i would have probably beaten avsbhydjnuhm, and wouldve gotten 5th"
dey da bess
<3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Twice in a row ive lost to only Top 3 placing players and placed lower than I shouldve though. Usually it works out to where I place generally where I should, but lately random upsets have been owning me.

D

Deleted member

Nah u placed where u shouldve. Someone made an upset which made u have to place a better player earlier in losers, but that doesnt mean its not where you should have placed. Maybe if they got DQed or something and started in losers, but they lost in winners and u got the short end of the stick.

and i wasnt being sarcastic, i like them :p

Top Bottom