• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

Scatz

Smash Champion
You all think you can stand against your superior?

Edit: Raptor, I definitely felt like the seeding was going to be bogus from the start. You guys have only had 3+ months to tell top players over others. High level players are still mixed between mid level because the exposure across the nation isn't abundant. Really sucks that you had to come to that, but honestly, it's nothing different from what I've been hearing (or went through in 2012) from previous Apex events. Hope you do get a chance to come to other events. Still, you should come chat more often. Hate people always hiding. We've not had the activity like we used to back in the Brawl days.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
@ Paper Maribro Paper Maribro , you can still play with Slice, Yika, and Nikes. They're at least closer than most of us US players, but you should still try to see if it's not SUPER terrible lol.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
I've played some US players before. It's usually fairly clunky. Has a perfect connection at 3am once though but that's not something I want to get into regularly :/.

Would be stoked to play the others though, I have played Nikes already and he is damn good. Can't believe the stage stopped me from beating him once though. (Yes @ Nikes Nikes I'm still salty about that :p).

Professor Oats

Smash Cadet
NNID
Professor_Oats
Wow, for some reason I wasn't notified about any new posts. Anyway, sorry to hear about the crazy Apex pool, Raptor, and Sky getting a first seed seems super weird, considering his Yoshi, while way better than I expected (I was fairly sure he was going to suck), is nothing amazing.

Shame I didn't see you on stream, Raptor. Most of the Yoshis that were on stream weren't as polished as yours, and Aiba and Yoshidora from Japan didn't enter, much to my dismay. My Sm4sh Yoshi fix was not satisfied.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I got 7th in a tournament 2 days ago with 69 entrants using mostly Yoshi, also used Ness a little and Wii Fit Trainer against a not very good player in pools.

I'm disapointed because I had the potential to get a better placing, if I knew the diddy matchup was that bad for Yoshi and used Ness against him in the first match.

I'm waiting for the videos to be uploaded and I would be glad to get advice.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
We'd be happy to give you advice man.

Also, trashtalk. This thread just got a lot more interesting :p We can't trashtalk Delta now though cause he can ban us rofl

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Y'all just too soft. He knows that he'll remain salty that he won't be able to gimp me in Yoshi Dittos. :p

EVEN IF WE MET IN SMASH 4 I WOULDN'T GET GIMPED CAUSE I'D JUST TRICK HIM INTO THINKING I'M OPEN!

....And most of y'all still chumps for not being able to get past the:

And the Scatz Curse.

ividal

Smash Cadet
man havent seen the thread this active for a while XD, if someone wants to play smash on the wii U, feel free to add me Id:ividal1, and also slush add me to the skype group plox :v

Scatz

Smash Champion

Where u at?

Delta, I bet everyone in here trash talk game weak like the salty suite trash talk game was. Leffen & Bizzarro be the only ones that know how to make things fun.

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Where u at?

Delta, I bet everyone in here trash talk game weak like the salty suite trash talk game was. Leffen & Bizzarro be the only ones that know how to make things fun.
Challenge accepted, time to hit the grind again.

Of course! Dem new age Yoshis be soft.

@ Nikes Nikes I just wanna make sure you get some protein! You're lookin' a bit weak there, and it's no fun beating up on some scrawny ass randy.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Big words from a small fish! #rekt #tenouttaten #wouldrekagain

Last edited:

Shiri

Smash Chump
Do any of you weirdos wanna play some Smash? Kinda bored tonight and this headache is stopping me from playing Xrd. -_-

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Also, I just checked my character records in Sm4sh Wii U. 2k games with Ganondorf, only 1k game with Yoshi... I need to step up my Yoshi game.

0 games with Olimar, Zelda, and 2 of the Miis, because seriously, those characters are for idiots. 1 game with Sonic.

Shiri

Smash Chump
I thought I told you to add me. Or did you do that already? Anyway, I'm down to Ganondorf y'alls
I added you like...some amount of time ago. When I was on last night you were playing with someone else and I didn't want to be that third wheel. x_x I'll leave a room up next time I'm on.

@ S Shiri I thought you just push buttons? I didn't know you actually did more than just push buttons :awesome:
Uhhhhh professional button-pusher and...stick...sticker? o_0 But yeah, I play man. This game is really fun and I don't fear for safety of my hands.

1hipG33K

Smash Cadet
NNID
1hipG33K
3DS FC
2294-5791-6012
SoCal Yoshi Main here, and I'm always looking for ways to get better. I have a solid internet connection if anyone wants to play. I'm new to the competitive scene, but I've been a Yoshi main since N64 (hence the tattoo). I also went from playing Smash on N64, for like 15 years, directly to Smash 3ds/wii u.

Professor Oats

Smash Cadet
NNID
Professor_Oats
Well, I might as well get on the adding train: Professor_Oats should be my WiiU tag. I'm sick as hell atm, but will be around later in the week for a friendly game of Supar Smesh 4thers.

Crustyball

Smash Rookie
NNID
crustyball
3DS FC
4098-4829-8928
New to smashboards, but a yoshi main nonetheless since wii U release. Definitely not the best, but i've made a lot of improvements since release. I drowned in pools in my first tourney as Yoshi but we'll see how my yoshi stands at this weekends tourney!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Give me one good reason Yoshi doesn't get a ZAir. It would be hysterical to grab the edge with your tongue and dangle there, mouth open.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Yoshi is so overrated in this game I'm getting sick of this Yoshi hype that doesn't exist lol. Same problems he had in brawl and feels less fluid then he did in brawl. I MISS BRAWL YOSHI

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The light tho.

Honestly Yoshi feels even worse in this game somehow compared to brawl. I made waaaaaay too many posts in multiple threads explaining Yoshi or even going into detail irl so can't link to it all or post what I said n such. But I been saying this for months now when Yoshi used to be peoples Top 3.
Even now I still feel Yoshi being top 10 is too generous, but others don't think so cause they get **** on by bad or mediocre yoshi's easily so they say he's OP without actually looking through the smoke and mirrors and seeing the bigger picture here.
>rosalina's
>fox

Like, what did we gain from brawl to Smash 4? Egg toss mobility and OoS options that we don't benefit out of much compared to others still? wowzers

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I feel the same way. I was able to go all over the place with brawl Yoshi but you can't do that anymore. Characters like Diddy, Sheik completely shut him down. You have to rely so much on luck now it seems. If he really is as good as everyone says he is you would see people placing wih him but that's not really happening now is it. I have some wins and high level placings but it definitely isn't consistent and I haven't heard of any other Yoshis doing amazing, so why are people so convinced he's a top 8 character? Idk I'm just ranting now but it's upsetting that Brawl Yoshi was a lot more fluid. Imagine Brawl Yoshi with this games mechanics lol

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I have.

Yoshi would've easily been around mid or even top of high tier if all they gave him was one little thing, OoS options.
Brawl Yoshi if OoS options > smash 4 yoshi
Brawl Yoshi with no OoS options > smash 4 yoshi
Your yoshi > my yoshi

It all fits too well.

Top Bottom