• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Might as well revive us a bit.
Pre-ordered Smash4 Saturday, I honestly thought "there really isn't that many humans on this rock to get rid of the bundle right?"
But the bundle been sold out for 2 months now.

Oops.
Anyways who's getting the game on Frydai? Any poor Yoshi mains sticking with 3ds or we all making the smart choice to switch?

Z-Bone

Smash Apprentice
I plan on buying the bundle on Friday and I haven't preordered. I don't think Best Buy is sold out.

Depster

Smash Champion
Gamestop has been sold out since they were announced, I wouldn't be on Best buy having many to pick up lol. I played in a Brawl/PM tournament Saturday evening! Got 1st in brawl (out of lol8) and 3rd in PM and 3rd in PM doubles. It was awesome! Went all Yoshi in Brawl and mostly Yoshi with a little Captain Falcon in PM.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Might as well revive us a bit.
Pre-ordered Smash4 Saturday, I honestly thought "there really isn't that many humans on this rock to get rid of the bundle right?"
But the bundle been sold out for 2 months now.

Oops.
Anyways who's getting the game on Frydai? Any poor Yoshi mains sticking with 3ds or we all making the smart choice to switch?
I mean i still have fun with the 3ds version so ill wait it out for a bit. Its not that serious lol

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
I'll be getting the wii u version for sure. It looks so pretty I couldn't imagine passing it up on release

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Remember the time when the 3DS version released earlier in EU than in the USA?
Well, for this time: I hate you guys! >:C

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Yeah they did.
Our first release date was December the 5th.

Scumbag Nintendo. D:

Depster

Smash Champion
I haven't played enough to get everything, but I really like the custom down b with the huge stars and the light egg roll.

Shiri

Smash Chump
I made a power build centered around damage and launching:

Egg Launch / Heavy Egg / Timed Egg / Crushing Bomb

Sweet mercy, the damage flows like water.
Egg Launch at >100% off stage is one of the most HILARIOUS GGs I've seen in a while.

Z-Bone

Smash Apprentice
I'm still wondering if custom moves will be tourney legal. I'm guessing not, but it would be cool.

Is the Smash 4 Wii U bundle exclusive to Gamestop, Best Buy, and Amazon? Best Buy is still allowing preorders.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Pretty much every tourney over here in Europe is played with Custom Moves off, but it seems like you guys are constantly playing with them being turned on, am I right?

I honestly would be fine with both but I guess that they would make a ton of work for the tourney hosts as they need to check that everyone got everything.

I don't have all Custom Moves yet, not even for Yoshi.
Heck, I even unlocked a stage yesterday, this stuff takes forever.

So, I guess, this will be the reason why Custom Moves won't make it, which is kinda sad to me.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dunno bout anywhere else but our main TO in TX tried it once and is keeping em off in future tournaments. I think even our towns weeklies/monthlies will have them off.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Some states in Aus have them legal and some have them banned, mine's the latter. People are saying it'd take too long to unlock customs even though you can transfer them. There is a legit reason for banning them though in that people could try sneaking in stat boosting equipment, and people might try and create custom sets between matches.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Just ignore it.
Gee, thanks for the concern. The game as a whole is going to suffer for this, and people are going to blame the highest characters on the tier list. And they'll blame them by sending their mains death threats, just like they always do.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Except Yoshi is good, but sadly not good enough to be Top 3. Since Sheik is nerfed by quite a bit Rosalina can still keep her place up there and ZSS might take the spot for top 3.

Airborne

Smash Lord
All that matters is that our character is very capable of winning tournaments. The Yoshi-Sheik MU is still about the same as it was in Brawl, which I would say is still even, maybe slightly in Sheik's favor. Yoshi-Greninja will probably feel pretty for a while now that Greninja's Usmash is punishable and that he hardly had a neutral game to begin with. I'd say that the Rosalina MU is slightly in our favor because we can keep Luma dead if we knock him off once. I have not played against enough Diddy to make a remark about that MU. The ZSS MU is something that I don't think will shape out for a while until the Wii U version comes out and more people pick her up. Bowser's always been a good MU. I need to play matches with some strong Sonic players before I can comment on that MU.

Also, we're good on every stage so the only counter-picks people have are the ones that their characters are just great on.

Tl;dr Why are people worried about tier lists? Focus on your ****ing matchups, and if someone complains about your character, you're already winning because you have them frustrated from the starting gates.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Except Yoshi is good, but sadly not good enough to be Top 3. Since Sheik is nerfed by quite a bit Rosalina can still keep her place up there and ZSS might take the spot for top 3.
What do you mean not good enough to be top 3? He was ALREADY top 2, and the others in A tier (except ZSS) have all been nerfed. So yeah, I think there's definitely going to be a "Zamus and Yoshi tier" this time.

All that matters is that our character is very capable of winning tournaments. The Yoshi-Sheik MU is still about the same as it was in Brawl, which I would say is still even, maybe slightly in Sheik's favor. Yoshi-Greninja will probably feel pretty for a while now that Greninja's Usmash is punishable and that he hardly had a neutral game to begin with. I'd say that the Rosalina MU is slightly in our favor because we can keep Luma dead if we knock him off once. I have not played against enough Diddy to make a remark about that MU. The ZSS MU is something that I don't think will shape out for a while until the Wii U version comes out and more people pick her up. Bowser's always been a good MU. I need to play matches with some strong Sonic players before I can comment on that MU.

Also, we're good on every stage so the only counter-picks people have are the ones that their characters are just great on.

Tl;dr Why are people worried about tier lists? Focus on your ****ing matchups, and if someone complains about your character, you're already winning because you have them frustrated from the starting gates.
That doesn't matter much when the opponent is prepared to attack us outside of the game.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Idk what world you live in, but death threats because you're playing a good character does not happen.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
He was not considered top 2 even once.
People were complaining about Sheik Rosalina for top 2 while Diddy Lucario ZSS Ness and even Jiggly etc. before Yoshi in their makeshift tierlists.

Any people who complained about Yoshi early on was mostly speaking from specifically For Glory experience, which never has nor will hold any merit. Just like anybody who tried to take wifi matches into consideration when Brawl MU's used to be discussed extensively.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
What do you mean not good enough to be top 3? He was ALREADY top 2, and the others in A tier (except ZSS) have all been nerfed. So yeah, I think there's definitely going to be a "Zamus and Yoshi tier" this time.
First off, you dont KNOW that Yoshi was top two. The game has not been out long enough for you to determine that for sure.

That doesn't matter much when the opponent is prepared to attack us outside of the game.
Second, what are you talking about? Do you live in a war impoverished country? No one attacks you in real life for playing a good character.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
First off, you dont KNOW that Yoshi was top two. The game has not been out long enough for you to determine that for sure.

Second, what are you talking about? Do you live in a war impoverished country? No one attacks you in real life for playing a good character.
He was not considered top 2 even once.
People were complaining about Sheik Rosalina for top 2 while Diddy Lucario ZSS Ness and even Jiggly etc. before Yoshi in their makeshift tierlists.

Any people who complained about Yoshi early on was mostly speaking from specifically For Glory experience, which never has nor will hold any merit. Just like anybody who tried to take wifi matches into consideration when Brawl MU's used to be discussed extensively.
That's what the current Japanese tier lists say, and tournament results I hear reflect that.
Idk what world you live in, but death threats because you're playing a good character does not happen.
...are you even on the same Internet as me? Because I'm honestly not sure that you are. In the world I live in, people send death threats for liking a specific brand of mayonnaise over another.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Wait
You're basing your horrible opinions on like a week 1 tierlist?
Holy crap no wonder.

That thing was like October 1st son. Most japanese are getting 1st with characters like Greninja Rosalina Sheik or even reaching grand finals with Pac-man and Ganondorf.
Despite all the people over the past 3 months complaining about Yoshi, me trying to find Yoshi videos results etc. since I do not own the game until Thursday, and even asking gheb on any japanese stuff since he pays attention to all that.

The only Yoshi that got any attention over there was Yoshidora and another random Yoshi that has mostly losses recorded against ZSS Robin and Rosalina with some random wins against Pikachu and such.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpu15uRsvI2opP78cdslj3A

Airborne

Smash Lord
That's what the current Japanese tier lists say, and tournament results I hear reflect that.

...are you even on the same Internet as me? Because I'm honestly not sure that you are. In the world I live in, people send death threats for liking a specific brand of mayonnaise over another.
1) Japan has never had a trustworthy opinion on tier lists. We have witnessed them say that Pit was top 4/5 in Brawl, Gen was top 5 in AE 2012, and Rocket Raccoon was better than Vergil in UMvC3.
2) This game is WAY. TOO. YOUNG. TO. HAVE. A. DEFINITIVE. TIER LIST. The 3DS version is practically a demo of the Wii U version, and we all knew that it was going to be that way before it even came out.
3) People don't act the same on the internet as the do in real life. Why? One word:
ANONYMITY

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just found out good news, anyway; Dash Attack has had its endlag increased. That was one of his more abusable attacks, so at least now the threats from the inexperienced players who can't get past people spamming it will slow down for now...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's DA and Neutral B that has a bit more lag on it but honestly that's not saying much, those're such miniscule nerfs that they might as well not have added it in at all.
Either way you need to calm down on the whole death threat thing, cause that's ridiculous and silly.

Last edited:

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
DEEEAR GENTLEMEN!!!

Please add me to the Skype group again :3
"risunosounds"

Thanks! <3

Scatz

Smash Champion
I don't have to worry about death threats, because I'm around a community that's not about using such cowardly methods to get by in something they'll most likely never succeed at. That's just a dumb decision logically. Even if the threat was to be real, I'm prepared physically (training and I carry a taser). I'm not going to live in constant fear of something that's most likely never going to happen like you're doing right now. Besides, I've seen much worse stuff happen around me or from decisions based on logic that helped their company/group/etc for the future.

Stop prying on everything so negative and learn to enjoy life how it is. We already have enough negativity from social media, (sometimes) work, and from ourselves (depression). I've and many other OG Yoshis have played Yoshi when he's been nothing more but ridiculed for being weird (no jump OoS), being bad, and such. Now that he's actually better compared to the cast in this iteration, we intend to enjoy it to the fullest. People get salty because Yoshi has a few broken things? Their problem. We've dealt with that side, and for this game, we'll enjoy being on the higher side of things.

@ Slice~ Slice~ y u keep making new skype names? lol

Top Bottom