• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi: Official Character Discussion

KishSquared

Smash Master
Discussion for the Faithful Steed. Anyone can suggest anything for any of these topics, and it'll be noted. No changes will be made without three votes. Default physics values will be used unless new ones are suggested are earn three votes.

Suggested Offensive Modifications:

Suggested Defensive Modifications:

Default Physics:
SH: 1.05
FH: 1.025
FF: 1.2
DGrav: 1.175
Grav: 1.0

Physics Changes:

Specific Move Fixes:

Anything else:

shanus

Smash Hero
A lot of people want Yoshi to be able to jump out of shield but keep his same shieldlag. I'm all for that change if we can.

Kaotical

Smash Ace
Yoshi needs to be able to jump out of shield. I don't see any glaring weaknesses with him other than that at this point in time.

The Cape

Smash Master
Faster Sheild jump is really all he needs.

And personally I feel it should be on the same priority as the knockback on moves fixes if possible.

shanus

Smash Hero
I planned on doing it tomorrow actually.

Fixing a couple animations tomorrow.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Here are the popular suggestions for Yoshi I will be submitting. Figuring there are no objections, I'll start a new character sometime tonight.

1. D-smash sends at a lower angle. Possibly more knockback on it too.
2. Fix the side-B. In the air it stops all momentum. Look into allowing it to drop faster on the ground and not put you in the freefall state in the air.
3. More armor on his second jump. Also, remove the ability to footstool him during it.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I am just the messenger boy this time. I am only relaying what the community said about Yoshi. The point of my topic is to get the communities idea and we can discuss them back here. I agree with points 1 and 2 but 3 doesn't seem plausible or necessary.

The Cape

Smash Master
Frame data for D smash:

Down smash
Start up: 5
Hits: 6! and 22
Hit Lag: 7-15, 23-31
Ends: 60 if it hits once only, 69 if both...

I agree with lower launch angle and more KB on it as well.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi Side-B fix Beta [spunit262]
210D6438 FC000018
210D643C D01F0008
050D6438 C01F0028
050D643C D01F0018
E0000000 80008000

Note that this will only work if P1 is a Yoshi.

I want some opinions before I do any more work on it.

Edit: More info

It Triples the top speed of Yoshi's Side-B in the air.

I recommend you use it as the only code in the gct when you test, defiantly don't test it with the gct loader.

The Cape

Smash Master
Can you make it not free fall as well?

Also, what about having Yoshi throws do more damage? If I recall they all do ****e damage.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking of making a action replacement engine. It would have a data code like
WW00XXXX YYYYZZZZ
For Character WW replace action XXXX with action YYYY out of action ZZZZ, or alwasy if ZZZZ is FFFF.

But I think it would be better if we made his side-B a reasonable recovery. Was it one in Melee because that code basically returns it behave to the way it was in Melee.

The Cape

Smash Master
His D throw combos into uair which is one of his best kill moves. The U throw could actually use less lag than the D throw could.

I just remember that his D throw does like 5 damage or something crappy like that.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
His D throw combos into uair which is one of his best kill moves. The U throw could actually use less lag than the D throw could.

I just remember that his D throw does like 5 damage or something crappy like that.
In vb he had a grab release chain throw that lead into usmash. Letting him combo easier off his throws won't be the end of the world.

Although increasing the damage would also help him, and would also be fine.

shanus

Smash Hero
That code for sideB momentum looks nice. ANy updates with it?

Revven

FrankerZ
What's up with that Side B momentum? Has anyone tried it? If so, how was it? Needz to know.

Also, Yoshi is really good in the right hands. I just played a Yoshi main on Saturday (his first time with +) and he utterly ***** my DK in some matches because of his disjointed hitboxes and stuff. Not saying we need to nerf him, I'm saying he's really good right now. However, he lacks killing options, I'm looking forward to that Dsmash fix for him, I really think that's all he needs and the Side B fix. Then he'd be good to go.

I have vids of these matches too, I'll get them up this week.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I never thought Yoshi was as bad as people wanted to say. Like Falcon, B+ was very kind to him. Fix the Side-B momentum and let's see if his D-smash is a little too strong (it might be) and I think he is gold.

Top Bottom