• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi High Tier Material?

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah so I recently looked up my main's (yoshi's) standings on the melee tiers and he was on the BOTTOM tier! I was so confused because he rocks and i've won some non competitive tourneys with the fella.

But do you think they buffed him up in brawl or am I just hoping too much for the most underrated smasher?

And do yall think he'll be effective at all in the gamestop tourney? he's got some insanely powerful smash and aerial attacks.

Milos

Smash Lord
In all seriousness, Yoshi is a very underrated character. People are still playing him like his melee counterpart. You CAN go off the edge with him now, and feel free to double jump off the ledge!! his spikes are bananas, and his dair does even more damage now.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Actually, according to most players, he's even worse in Brawl and many have defined him as "unplayable" for competitive play.
Are you kidding me!? Geez, he seriously gets no love at all. True in melee he was the ONLY character without a third jump (B up that can recover). But he easily has the best meteor smash, smash attacks do alot on the ground and his Dair and Side air do some major damage if the all connect. Oh and I read in brawl his tongue is actually useful now!

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
First impressions have put him in the low tier again. However, opinions are largely changing as people figure out that he actually plays very differently from Melee Yoshi.

With every character it's too early to tell how the metagame will end up in a few years.

worm

Smash Cadet
Don't get me wrong, I love Yoshi. But in Melee he deserves to be in a relatively low tier for a lot of reasons. His lack of a third jump is a big one, because if your opponent knows how to exploit that, it's bad news. His throws pretty much suck too. However, if you could master his movement in the air, I think you could even do well at tournaments. Who knows about how he is in Brawl though?

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Are you kidding me!? Geez, he seriously gets no love at all. True in melee he was the ONLY character without a third jump (B up that can recover). But he easily has the best meteor smash, smash attacks do alot on the ground and his Dair and Side air do some major damage if the all connect. Oh and I read in brawl his tongue is actually useful now!
Jiggs didn't have a triple jump lol. Are you talking about his grab or his neutral b? I thought his neutral b was pretty useful in melee. His grab on the other hand was pretty bad in melee, but in brawl his pivot grab looks pretty good. I'll still probably use his neutral b over grab out of habit though. /sigh

Actually, according to most players, he's even worse in Brawl and many have defined him as "unplayable" for competitive play.
Good for them. :chuckle:

The only real reasons I can see people saying Yoshi is worst in brawl is because he doesn't have DJC anymore and he can't jump out of shield. If you think thats reason enough for him to be bottom tier than I guess they're right. Ness looks pretty 'unplayable' because he doesn't have DJC anymore! Lucas on the other hand looks pretty awesome and he doesn't have DJC. Oh, well I guess it was because he wasn't a character in melee, and he never had DJC to begin with. The DJC argument is very debatable, but people are just trying to play characters how they were played in melee, and they got to get over it because believe it or not people, brawl is NOT melee 2.0!

Gindler

Smash Champion
Jiggs didn't have a triple jump lol. Are you talking about his grab or his neutral b? I thought his neutral b was pretty useful in melee. His grab on the other hand was pretty bad in melee, but in brawl his pivot grab looks pretty good. I'll still probably use his neutral b over grab out of habit though. /sigh

Good for them. :chuckle:

The only real reasons I can see people saying Yoshi is worst in brawl is because he doesn't have DJC anymore and he can't jump out of shield. If you think thats reason enough for him to be bottom tier than I guess they're right. Ness looks pretty 'unplayable' because he doesn't have DJC anymore! Lucas on the other hand looks pretty awesome and he doesn't have DJC. Oh, well I guess it was because he wasn't a character in melee, and he never had DJC to begin with. The DJC argument is very debatable, but people are just trying to play characters how they were played in melee, and they got to get over it because believe it or not people, brawl is NOT melee 2.0!

True, jigs had no official third jump but alotta fb's did the job for unlimited horizontal distance. and that grab was the worst in melee, hopefully they made it at least samus grab speed.

I'm not exactly sure what DJC means, double jump something I'm sure, I never really jumped out of shield anyway, everyone expects it because they never play a yoshi mainer so you just pop out and down smash, but the new thing in brawl people will begin to notice with yoshi is when you can go from Dair into a footstool jump almost immediately (great for over the edge)

The Last Yoshi

Smash Rookie
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145414

This thread links us to a very good video describing a lot of yoshi's new properties. Yoshi is GREAT in Brawl. I've been playing Yoshi religiously since Smash Bros N64 and I won't stop for better or worse. This is why I'm very pleased to say that Yoshi has SO MUCH potential. Sakurai did a very good job balancing this game out overall (of course there will be better and worse characters). In spite of whether yoshi is high on the tier list or not, he can still hold his own against ANYONE. To fight well against anyone you must practice against everyone so really don't expect to have games handed to you.

Please don't pay attention to the piece of garbage tier list posted that puts yoshi and wario at the bottom. One of my friends has managed to play Wario staggeringly well and has even won a few matches and I myself have won a large amount of matches and scored many many kills with yoshi. That tier list was created by a moron and should not be taken to heart.

We have a long time before discovering all the nuances and intricacies of this new game but what I do know is that just like before Yoshi will take some work to get good with (which is very rewarding in the end, mind you) and that Yoshi will be even more formidable than in Melee. I think the ONLY thing that's difficult to get used to in this new game is his egg toss which will no longer go below your character if you do it in the air. The range is also a little to get used to and the fact that you can't throw eggs on top of yourself for a bit of defense.

Aside from that though he has many new advantages and there should be no crestfallen judgements until YOU get to play the game for yourself. PLEASE do not give up on Yoshi.

The Last Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Also, double jump cancel imo was a hinderance to Yoshi, not an advantage. Playing for the past couple weeks, I've found myself doing many many great tricks and combos in the air that I couldn't do with DJC. Yoshi's air game is better than ever and EVERYONE'S movement has changed slightly so do not think that he will be gimped for any reason. On top of that his up air has even more amazing kill potential than it did before. Also, his down air no longer requires an intricate setup or even much timing at all in order to land all its hits. It does hit for less dmg overall but you are FAR more likely to land ALL the hits out of it. To me, this enables much better dmg potential than it had in melee. What's even better about down air is that when you hit an opponent in the air, you both descend at the same time so you get full hits (rather than accidentally fast falling with it or your opponent falling faster than you or di-ing out of it).

Yoshi is incredible.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yoshi is indeed incredible, and i've been practicing my down air and F air so I can get it just right for the upcoming gamestop tourney. and i think it's safe to say that i'll be the only yoshi user at my local gamestop =P

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i think the reason why yoshi is getting ranked so low, is because most of the people who own brawl don't play enough with him, or just don't understand this is a different game!

and although i would love to see yoshi as i high tier i'm really hoping for a mid-tier placement,

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi IS high tier material in Brawl, there's no question about it. People overlook him because of Melee, his nerfs in Brawl, or simply because they don't like him. Every character in Brawl has nerfs or negative qualities, but for some reason, people look at Yoshi's nerfs (or what they think are nerfs) and decide he can't amount to anything. That is an absolute lie.

For the last time, his loss of a DJC (double jump cancel) is not a bad thing. It creates new strategies and combos no one would believe until they saw them. Yoshi rises up, rather than go down as in Melee, as he executes the move while doing a double jump. After doing this, he could follow up with a Bair or a Nair.

Jumping out of the shield is not as important anymore. Why? The sole purpose behind using the technique is gone. Because wavedashing is out of the game, wavedashing out of the shield is gone too (makes sense, right?). Jumping out of the shield has less value now, so people can stop making a big deal about it.

If anyone says Yoshi's moves are nerfed, please kindy ad politely show them the way to the thread made by the_yoshinator about Yoshi in Brawl. I don't think I really need to discuss this situation. Saying Yoshi's nerfed is like stepping onto private property. Trespassers will shot. Survivors will be shot again. :)

Well, if you have any other questions regarding Yoshi in Brawl's character standing, check out the same thread made by the_yoshinator as I suggested above. Actually, I suggest you look at it even if you aren't interested in using Yoshi n Brawl anyways.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I always knew that his loss of DJC would end up giving him unprecedented tactics. Most Yoshi haters or those who refuse to learn Brawl Yoshi just cant grasp that playing him like Melee Yoshi is wrong. Brawl Yoshi is like a whole different character altogether, most all his moves have changed drastically in range and propoerty because of his new size and shape.

I think its too soon for any tier-calling on anyone (even Marth Id say) but Yoshi definitely isnt on the low end like most think.

Not even close to high tier, and he was significantly nerfed. Not simply because of his moves, but because of the game engine change as well. These aren't assumptions i'm making, because I have played the game alot.

1st. Yoshi's aerials can only gimp, but they don't have any sort of good knockback considering that his only decent aerials are laggy. his Nair gimps, his Bair gimps, his dair gimps, his Fair gimps, and his Uair is only liable when you talor it to KO'ing at high percentages. Yoshi can only play effectively near the edge, where as other characters have better mid screen approaches and safer aerials that have better priorities.

2nd. His smashes are decent, but the only good KO attacks he has have too much lag for the hitbox size. His F-smash can kill at around 115%, but the hitbox on it is smaller and has less range than his melee counterpart. His Up smash is probably the only "safe" KO move he has at higher percentages.

3. No jumping out of shield. Since grab range was greatly reduced SH aerials out of shield have become very important. Yoshi can be punished easily if he decides to stop shielding.

4. No DJC. This was Yoshi's best aerial approach tactic. It made all of his aerials connect faster. Without the DJC, the only good SH aerial he has is his Bair.

Due to these things, he isn't high tier. He has receved some buffs, but they don't compensate for his nerfs though.

-He is generally faster
-improved range
-improved recovery

Don't expect his to go that high on the tier list, especially since many other characters out prioritize him. His strenghts are present, but they are had to apply in an actual match. If anyone has any questions to why i'm drawing to this conclusion, ask away.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Not even close to high tier, and he was significantly nerfed. Not simply because of his moves, but because of the game engine change as well. These aren't assumptions i'm making, because I have played the game alot.

1st. Yoshi's aerials can only gimp, bu they don't have any sort of good knockback considering that his only decent aerials are laggy. his Nair gimps, his Bair gimps, his dair gimps, his Fair gimps, and his Uair is only liable when you talor it to KO'ing at high percentages. Yoshi can only play effectively near the edge, where as other characters have better mid screen approaches and safer aerials that have better priorities.

2nd. His smashes are decent, but the only good KO attacks he has have too much lag for the hitbox size. His F-smash can kill at around 115%, but the hitbox on it is smaller and has less range than his melee counterpart. His Up smash is probably the only "safe" KO move he has at higher percentages.

3. No jumping out of shield. Since grab range was greatly reduced SH aerials out of shield have become very important. Yoshi can be punished easily if he decides to stop shielding.

4. No DJC. This was Yoshi's best aerial approach tactic. It made all of his aerials connect faster. Without the DJC, the only good SH aerial he has is his Bair.

Due to these things, he isn't high tier. He has receaved some buffs, but they don't compensate for his nerfs though.

-He is generally faster
-improved range
-improved recovery

Don't expect his to go that high on the tier list, especially since many other characters out prioritize him. His strenghts are present, but they are had to apply in an actual match. If anyone has any questions to why i'm drawing to this conclusion, ask away.
Before anyone else responds, this has probably been one of the most intelligent and well thought out posts I've seen on this forum. Yes, I agree that Yoshi is not top tier material, but I would not say he's nerfed (yes I'm a little biased lol). There are some very good points made here. Unfortunately it's really late where I am and I got to get some sleep.

A question I have for you now is, where do you see Yoshi on the tier list now? Low?

There's a bunch of stuff I'd like to say, but I'm just too tired to find the words for them.

I'll be back :)

The Last Yoshi

Smash Rookie
I guess its hard for me to tell where Yoshi ever is on the tier list... Even in Melee against my very talented friends I fared very well (with some obvious disadvantages). So here we are again, competent players all and I'm neck in neck with them. To me it feels like Yoshi's differences are enabling me to win a little easier or in more interesting ways. I don't like to think I'm a big fish in a small pond either as all of my friends place very high in any tournament we've participated in (in Savannah and Atlanta, GA).

Anyway, Yoshi feels great to me and I have few complaints. I've played the other supposed low tier characters like Wario and he has quite a great deal of potential also. Phoenix Fire, I believe that you speak out of knowledge and experience but there may be something you are overlooking.

On the other hand Yoshi may very well be on the bottom of a VERY meaningless tier list. Nintendo has done a great job balancing this game much better than Melee. I think bottom tier vs high tier in melee is much less likely to win as opposed to bottom tier vs top tier in Brawl. That's something else that's very exciting.

I like to think of tiers as difficulty levels anyway. If you like to play the game on "hard" pick Yoshi or Kirby or Bowser. If you like it on "easy"; Fox, Marth, blah. Don't get me wrong though, the advanced techniques on characters like Marth and Fox are very difficult to master. Anyway, I think tiers will still be significant in Brawl but I don't think it will be AS big a factor as it was in Melee.

THUS: yoshi cna win vs any1 as long as ur good lol

Gindler

Smash Champion
True yoshi had alot of setbacks. Like you had to make certain you wouldn't be hit after your double jump or you would tumble helplessly, and alot of his attacks were hard to find a circumstance for (nuetral b, side B, up B, and down B) but all of his B attacks were juiced up and his basic attacks (A) seem alot better in brawl.

and incase none of you have seen this yet, this shows how improved the egg roll really is.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yy5gtD0nD_M

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Allow me to laugh in your general direction.
HA. HA. HA.
He can't be higher tier, there'd have to be some sort of advantage with playing with him. There is none.
Note : One apparently buffed moved (Bair) won't save him from failing like he did in melee.

Edit : I missed the 'n' of the start of 'none'. Hooray!

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Allow me to laugh in your general direction.
HA. HA. HA.
He can't be higher tier, there'd have to be some sort of advantage with playing with him. There is none.
Note : One apparently buffed moved (Bair) won't save him from failing like he did in melee.

Edit : I missed the 'n' of the start of 'none'. Hooray!
Stop saying what little you know. Your post makes you look like you know nothing. More moves have been buffed, you know.

1st. Yoshi's aerials can only gimp, but they don't have any sort of good knockback considering that his only decent aerials are laggy. his Nair gimps, his Bair gimps, his dair gimps, his Fair gimps, and his Uair is only liable when you talor it to KO'ing at high percentages. Yoshi can only play effectively near the edge, where as other characters have better mid screen approaches and safer aerials that have better priorities.

Due to these things, he isn't high tier. He has receved some buffs, but they don't compensate for his nerfs though.

-He is generally faster
-improved range
-improved recovery

This is, as DystyCube said, a well-thought post. However, as DystyCube said, I agree Yoshi is not nerfed.

I believe the lack of a DJC will cause new strategies, perhaps better then then the DJC'ed ones. I have played Yoshi in Brawl, and I liked him without it. I also believe he is not nerfed, but still mildly less powerful then the other characters. I don't think he's Top Tier, but he's certainly a candidate for High Tier in Brawl. All the characters have weaknesses. But it's a matter of managing them, and focusing on the strengths.

Dogger

Smash Rookie
First off the entire concept of "tier discussion" is just a garden for ******** discussion to flourish. 99% of you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about and even less can convey that point intelligently. If you haven't played brawl IN DEPTH what you see or what you think is likely mistaken most of the time. So what you have is a bunch of wrong ideas and miscommunicated opinions floating around, trying to take a stab at what the tiers will be. The only thing anyone can be certain of at this point is that the game is more balanced, making tiers far less significant.

-He is generally faster
-improved range
-improved recovery

Posts like this "sound" ingelligent but this guy has no clue. First of all Yoshi was not significantly nerfed, he was significantly buffed. Yoshi has 3 "gimp" arials and 2 with knockback. Neutral air has good knockback, not amazing, but good, definitely enough to kill with at a reasonable percentage. His Up Air always has been, and is still great for KO'ing, very few characters have better. Yoshi is effective anywhere on the stage, if you can only play him near the ledge you clearly do not understand this character, why are you taking the time to even post about him?

#2-4 has far too much wrong with it. It's true, he can't jump out of shield and I can see this being a slight hindrance but a good player knows how to block effectively and the mechanic doesn't matter in the end. Attacking with DJC was an offensive abuse of a defensive mechanic, players would get struck after and cry because they killed their only means of recovering in Melee. But this isn't Melee, you can still Double Jump attack, you just go up instead of down. Different does not equal lesser.

I have to give you props for at least trying in a decent manner but too much of what you're saying simply isn't true. If you truly have played the game "a lot" you haven't played Yoshi much "at all" and if you don't put forth the effort to be amazing with the character you aren't going to properly see if the character if flawed or your gameplay with the character is.

Then posts like this are just sad because people actually believe it. Just because you repost the uninformed opinions of others doesn't make it hold any more truth to it. Yoshi is NOT God tier, nor is he bottom tier, but guess what? So is EVERYONE else right now. No character is standing out as amazing at the moment. Yoshi is balanced, as he should be. I have yet to see a single flame against him that isn't either from someone uninformed or from someone who just plain sucks with the character.

The one and only person I know of who has actually played brawl decently as Yoshi and against other HUMAN players who also know what they're doing is me, and I win my fights. Until we are all on Wi-Fi don't take anyone's opinion too seriously, myself included.

First off the entire concept of "tier discussion" is just a garden for ******** discussion to flourish. 99% of you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about and even less can convey that point intelligently. If you haven't played brawl IN DEPTH what you see or what you think is likely mistaken most of the time. So what you have is a bunch of wrong ideas and miscommunicated opinions floating around, trying to take a stab at what the tiers will be. The only thing anyone can be certain of at this point is that the game is more balanced, making tiers far less significant.

Posts like this "sound" ingelligent but this guy has no clue. First of all Yoshi was not significantly nerfed, he was significantly buffed. Yoshi has 3 "gimp" arials and 2 with knockback. Neutral air has good knockback, not amazing, but good, definitely enough to kill with at a reasonable percentage. His Up Air always has been, and is still great for KO'ing, very few characters have better. Yoshi is effective anywhere on the stage, if you can only play him near the ledge you clearly do not understand this character, why are you taking the time to even post about him?

#2-4 has far too much wrong with it. It's true, he can't jump out of shield and I can see this being a slight hindrance but a good player knows how to block effectively and the mechanic doesn't matter in the end. Attacking with DJC was an offensive abuse of a defensive mechanic, players would get struck after and cry because they killed their only means of recovering in Melee. But this isn't Melee, you can still Double Jump attack, you just go up instead of down. Different does not equal lesser.

I have to give you props for at least trying in a decent manner but too much of what you're saying simply isn't true. If you truly have played the game "a lot" you haven't played Yoshi much "at all" and if you don't put forth the effort to be amazing with the character you aren't going to properly see if the character if flawed or your gameplay with the character is.

Then posts like this are just sad because people actually believe it. Just because you repost the uninformed opinions of others doesn't make it hold any more truth to it. Yoshi is NOT God tier, nor is he bottom tier, but guess what? So is EVERYONE else right now. No character is standing out as amazing at the moment. Yoshi is balanced, as he should be. I have yet to see a single flame against him that isn't either from someone uninformed or from someone who just plain sucks with the character.

The one and only person I know of who has actually played brawl decently as Yoshi and against other HUMAN players who also know what they're doing is me, and I win my fights. Until we are all on Wi-Fi don't take anyone's opinion too seriously, myself included.
Let me just inform you of something:

Just because X character has the ability to execute X move/tactic doesn't mean that it's completely liable in a situation. X is undetermined variable. If each situation must cator to X character, then said strenghts aren't as liable, where as another character can react to many other situations. Simply because each character has something that they can take advantage of doesn't mean that the person will be able to immediatly and accurately respond to the situation accordingly.

Yoshi's strength is completely situational, and he isn't even decent using other mid-screen tactics. I'm not trying to speak from amazing experience, but intermediate experience. It just shows, not all players have to be amazing with other characters to get the same result as being amazing with a lesser character. It's just like in Melee; A characters definition of "good" doesn't imply what priorities he can take advantage of, but how each character can respond to a situation effectivly, if at all. That's why characters like Fox and Marth are good, because they have options to defend and punish in multiple scenarios, and the player didn't need to be "amazing" just recat to a common problem/encounter.

I know you're simply trying to be optimistic about a character that you like, but don't let that blind you from his vulnerabilities.

Whatever man, it's your opinion. I'm a competative player, and it's really difficult for Yoshi with the wide plethora of characters in the game with their options and priorities in hand.

Dogger

Smash Rookie
Congratulations, I haven't heard anyone use the word "Liable" for some time now. Believe me, the newbies and teenagers are quite impressed. Though you are LIKELY to get your point across better by giving examples instead of talking in circles since everything you just said went absolutely nowhere. You would be better starting every sentence with "I think" but the Yoshi players here are more concerned with concrete mechanics than opinion and we should be giving clear explanations since they have not handled the character in Brawl yet and are eager to recognize the differences. If you simply call Yoshi lesser it means absolutely nothing without example. Since the only examples you gave earlier are all wrong or meaningless, I assume your entire point has been over since the last post.

Sharky

Smash Master
Dogger, we don't need flaming. This is why I prefer to stay out of tier discussions, they hardly ever amount to anything but arguements.

First off, it's way too early to be placing characters into tiers, which, as you know, are based off of tournament results, anyway, not movesets. Secondly, nobody has mastered any character's mechanics yet, so character ratings WILL be inaccurate and biased.

Thirdly, this is the second or third thread on this same subject. Do we really need them all? I think not. Everyone pick a thread and stay with it. >.<

Congratulations, I haven't heard anyone use the word "Liable" for some time now. Believe me, the newbies and teenagers are quite impressed. Though you are LIKELY to get your point across better by giving examples instead of talking in circles since everything you just said went absolutely nowhere. You would be better starting every sentence with "I think" but the Yoshi players here are more concerned with concrete mechanics than opinion and we should be giving clear explanations since they have not handled the character in Brawl yet and are eager to recognize the differences. If you simply call Yoshi lesser it means absolutely nothing without example. Since the only examples you gave earlier are all wrong or meaningless, I assume your entire point has been over since the last post.
Since you want to poke at my grammar, i'm just going to leave that is food for though, since you didn't bother to actually arugue against it. You are stating why i'm wrong, but not giving any details to why. What better way to enduce a hypocrisy streak. I'm not speaking on the games mechanics, but tournaments playing basics that should be thought over or implemented into another players strategy.

You can't simply expect to do well just by mastering the mechanics without possesing a competitive mindest. On another subject, I was simply making a comparison to Melee in terms of character capability. The same thing can be said for Brawl. The mechanics of the game can't be change enough to completely rehash basic in-game strategic play. I just can't understand why you're coming off like some autistic jerk because someone thinks otherwise.

You can't simply state that everything i'm saying is wrong because it can potentially be correct, even though you can't generally accept it. And if it means anything, I don't think that several people who played Brawl hours on end would all say that he sucks without a reason.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Realize that Eternal has brought up some really good points, I can't flat out say that he's wrong, because he isn't. I believe that a tier list is a ranking of how "good" a character is. By "good" I mean that characters that are generally easier to use. I'm not saying its easy mode to play as Marth or Fox in melee, because they do require a lot of practice to use effectively. But they have so many different options in various situations where Yoshi may only have a couple. They're very flexible characters and it's very hard to get them into a situation that they will be helpless. And that's why I think they're top tier.

But don't get mad about it though, Eternal's just stating some reasons to why he believes Yoshi won't become a top tier character. I'll tell you it's alot harder to argue that Yoshi will be top tier than it is to argue that he won't be :p. Even I don't think Yoshi is going to be top tier, but I don't let that get me upset. I think it's important to know what limits your characters abilities. Get to know what their weaknesses are and try to make them work for you. Accept them and deal with them instead of just brushing them off and pretending they don't exist because they do! Just because your character doesn't rank high on a tier list does not mean that they won't beat other characters. It's up to you as the player to make that character shine. Characters do not limit the ability of the player. If you know your good then thats all you need to know to beat anyone you come up against. In the eternal words of Gimpy "Accept your character's weaknesses".

Realize that Eternal has brought up some really good points, I can't flat out say that he's wrong, because he isn't. I believe that a tier list is a ranking of how "good" a character is. By "good" I mean that characters that are generally easier to use. I'm not saying its easy mode to play as Marth or Fox in melee, because they do require a lot of practice to use effectively. But they have so many different options in various situations where Yoshi may only have a couple. They're very flexible characters and it's very hard to get them into a situation that they will be helpless. And that's why I think they're top tier.

But don't get mad about it though, Eternal's just stating some reasons to why he believes Yoshi won't become a top tier character. I'll tell you it's alot harder to argue that Yoshi will be top tier than it is to argue that he won't be :p. Even I don't think Yoshi is going to be top tier, but I don't let that get me upset. I think it's important to know what limits your characters abilities. Get to know what their weaknesses are and try to make them work for you. Accept them and deal with them instead of just brushing them off and pretending they don't exist because they do! Just because your character doesn't rank high on a tier list does not mean that they won't beat other characters. It's up to you as the player to make that character shine. Characters do not limit the ability of the player. If you know your good then thats all you need to know to beat anyone you come up against. In the eternal words of Gimpy "Accept your character's weaknesses".
Thanks alot. I appreciate your response.:)

It's not that Yoshi is "horrible" per say, but he just isn't cut out to be top tier. One can only hope the best when optimism takes control, eh?

Top Bottom