• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wait, so people are actually showing up there over the summer? Might come by next week. My Ganon's improved by a lot since that one time I came and got three-stocked by someone's Falco's chaingrab. Also trying to get into Melee, so might play a few games of that. How much earlier are people showing up?
you play ssfiv?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Been thinking of learning to play it. Was kind of turned off by one of them, I think it was II, where there was one character who ***** everyone else. Might be thinking of some other game, though. Killer Instinct, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat tend to blur together in my childhood memories.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wait, is that what happened? ****it. The week I finally decide to start showing up regularly, too.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
last week, b+ people were too loud and got kicked out

this week sf people were too loud and got kicked out

now its either these casuals are soundless or not happening anymore

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
last week, b+ people were too loud and got kicked out

this week sf people were too loud and got kicked out

now its either these casuals are soundless or not happening anymore
wtf so... no more casuals anymore? WOW!! SOO SAD ---

5ive

Smash Champion
Nah we were by no means loud and some guy told us there were "noise complaints" and that we weren't allowed to be here, which is pure BS seeing casuals have been here for the past 2 years. Carter knew the guy kicking us out and said he had no authority to do so, so we stayed. He gave us "permission" to stay as well, and kicked us out at 10:30, which is around the usual time the janitors come. To add, he tried to kick us out before our "tournament" happened.

Gi told me it was the same ponytailed guy who kicked them out, so he's pretty much the only reason this is happening, seeing we didn't deserve to get kicked out because our volume level was no different from other casuals (probably even quieter). We should try one more time at founders, and if that same guy is there again, we can simply move to another building.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I told em, it was all Charizard's fault, rocksmash -> grab = too epic.

To be honest the problem was we were just a bit loud, and we were right beside a classroom. If we had moved away from the class, mr ponytail would have never been wise to us in the first place.

idea

Smash Master
lol, you guys better not ruin it for everyone else =( i've never been kicked out during the last year and a half or whatever i've been playing melee there.

nate's right though, avoid being beside a classroom if possible. should be easy over the summer.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Post details ASAP then, I'd like to actually practice some Melee this coming Wednesday. And by "practice" I mean "start playing". I think I'm gonna pick up Ganon and Jiggs in it.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Classes are done. Exams now. Look at the class schedules posted on the doors. And keep noise down, youll be ok

Itd take 15 york students (theres only like 6) to make it an actual club. But you can book a room if youre a york student as long as you can get a TA/prof to recommend it.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
lmao how did you guys manage to get kicked out of york.....be careful my frands

edit:gonna try and come to this one..apex next day:p

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm free this Wednesday.

If there's still a casual going on, I'll reach depending on how large the casual becomes.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hopefully you'll figure something out by Wednesday. Hope to have Wavedashing and the rest down by then. Need a new GC controller, my Z button died.

Gichan

Smash Champion
how about learn the rest of smash fundamentals before trying to master wavedash. It's like telling a scrub in sf to practice fadc into ultras and **** before he evn knows what a qc is lol.

Learn spacing, learn mindgames, learn priority of moves of your character and then once you understand all these you'll know why you need wavedashing in your game.

But if you insist, best way to learn wavedash is to learn how to ALWAYS short hop when you need to. It's much harder in melee than in brawl or B+ and such, but just try to practice it and then utilize it with edgehogging, it's the most basic use of wavedash.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I've somewhat got L-Canceling down. Someone accidentally killed my Melee save, so had to wait till today to use Mewtwo. Gonna remove the springs from my R button to make this easier.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
lmmfao, my parents prolly wouldn't allow it. I wud ask and there is a decent chance they will say yes but i have to fight the "We don't know these ppl" and other arguments that they can provide which I deem stupid but they are too stubborn to realize that.

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
L-canceling and short hopping is more important to learn first

just sayin. you'll get it soon, practice mode is awesome
are u dumb, u dun GOOF'd
wut? is l-canceling? ill see if i can get my gamecube back from my dads house. (He's been secrelty playing)

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
how about learn the rest of smash fundamentals before trying to master wavedash. It's like telling a scrub in sf to practice fadc into ultras and **** before he evn knows what a qc is lol.

Learn spacing, learn mindgames, learn priority of moves of your character and then once you understand all these you'll know why you need wavedashing in your game.

But if you insist, best way to learn wavedash is to learn how to ALWAYS short hop when you need to. It's much harder in melee than in brawl or B+ and such, but just try to practice it and then utilize it with edgehogging, it's the most basic use of wavedash.
i dont know what qc is? but i know how to fadc?
unless ur talking about quick charge. like instead of uppers on a forward motion u upper on the back motion

Gichan

Smash Champion
I meant quarter circle. I never heard of quick charge. Could you explain that a little more, like what do you mean by uppers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom