• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

.decoy

Smash Ace
Ok Mr. queens soon to be graduate student, run this by me again.

You're basically saying that flops, followed by sucks, makes sense in any matter of the english language.

I may not be as smart as you, but I am pretty sure that any "word" that dosn't end with the letter s, is officially categorized as plural if you add s at the end of it.

Cause when you look up the word plural.. :;any word, or words, consisting of the letter s at the end of it.

Try using any word that dosn't end with an s, pluralizing it, then adding another pluralized word right next to it, names, and words that originally end with s don't count.

Ggs Brandon, I'm not in College yet, but you just got graped freshly squeezed bro ;).

:squirtle: Squirtle approves this message.

im not saying that flops floowed by sucks makes sense.

i am saying that adding s to the end of a word that doesn't end with s DOESNOTBYANYMEANS make it plural.

that applies to nouns. and not all nouns. for example goose -> geese. can be pluralized without s.

furthermore to suck is a verb, therefore adding s to the end of it does not make it plural. in fact, the singular form of the verb HAS an s. for example, he suckS. he is singular, sucks is a singular conjugation.

all i was saying before is that they were both not plural words. i agree that it is incorrect to have flops sucks written. but what you wrote, that plural words cannot follow plural words, is also incorrect.

flops sucks is incorrect because a plural noun is followed by a singular conjugation of to suck, when said conjugation should be plural.

and it has nothing to do with me going to queens...you just should have got hooked on phonics.

ggs.

edit: faceplam for those of you who should know grammar by now. and also i love you doc.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Umm, plural words cannot be followed by plural words, nouns don't count.

Give me any 2 pluralized words that make sense following eachother in a sentence.

Ggs, I already won ^.^.

edit: those are nouns Cyan, nouns don't count.

.decoy

Smash Ace

edit: i just want to say again that ending in s and plural are not necessarily the same thing. "flops suck" are two plural words following each other. suck is plural. it is the plural conjugation of the verb to suck. flops is plural as it is more than one flop.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I MEANT WITH FLOPS AND SUCKS YOU NUBS, I should've stated that though, I forgot to add a couple words in my sentence, flops and sucks in the same sentence, in any sentence, after 1 another dosn't make sense.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I love it when English is sometimes hard to understand...

Are adjectives supposed to be singular...

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'll be attemding york this week. Come on mother****ers, show up, including you Joe so you can get pummelled by my godly DI offline as well (even though I lose, lol).

And Decoy, no way in ****ing hell are you Asian, LOLOL, you look like you are portuguese or something!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i get off work at 8 so ill do my best to make it

also im not even gonna bother reading but from what decoy told me grammar is getting cereal around here LOL

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.. I might come and bring my washed-up *** to play.. Brawl =( I'd be down for Melee if anybody brings it. And footraces too against not-Carter lol Mind you - I'm 205-210 lbs, so if you lose vs me.. you're slow =)

No Mikey to own at Blazblue sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom