• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yo Snake Mains

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Start footstooling more. It's very underrated and underused IMO, and a fairly unexplored tactic in Brawl in general since people try to compare it to tripping.

What are the benefits? It gives you a potential extra jump while recovering. It also avoids a lot of landing punishments. I've been testing it out lately, and it's pretty ****. Don't overuse it, but it's better than getting ***** while landing every single time. Here are some examples...

Let's say you're playing vs DDD. You're about to land near him where almost anything you do is a guarenteed grab (pivot nade, aerial attack, air dodge). Just footstool him and you'll avoid the grab....Of course you need to be smart about it. You can get hit if DDD does an attack, but at low %'s it's a risk worth taking rather than getting grabbed to CG off stage. It definitely helps the mixup game.

If MK is nadoing below you, you can footstool the nado to easily avoid it and land away from MK before he can get to you. This can probably avoid rufios?

I'm just surprised at how much I don't see Snake's using footstool to avoid certain punishes. Let's see Snakes explore this more in 2011.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
yea you are right.

Omni alway's mentions this to me whenever we play but never really cared.

Other snakes can def. utilize this **** technique though.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
If they're not directly underneath you then chances are you can pivot nade to safety.

I'm making an accuse for why I do not footstool more. But yes, I do forget I have that option alot of the time. I have even wondered if you can footstool attacks. I see the CPU manage to get footstool like hits off of attacks. Pitting CPU against CPU... a lot of weird things happen.

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
This sounds easier said then done.

But i have managed to pull this off (footstools) on the offensive side of things, and it seems more like something completely random

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've seen ally use footstool at times, I've always wanted to try applying it but have been too lazy

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
My Snake sucks, but...

I footstool like a boss. **** is godlike vs. Metaknight/DDD. If they're not directly below you chances are they suck at keeping Snake off the ground in the first place.

Underload

Lazy
And if you don't get the footstool animation, you still triple jump glitch (name?) up and get another opportunity to land farther away.

Just mashing X does open up a few options, I must say...

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Yeah I've been using it. Really helps in recovering. But a d3 can still utilt, mk can still uair, and it depends when and where the mk starts the nado because it can catch you so look at your opponent and predict what they are trying to do and follow accordingly.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Out of interest, is an aerial footstool to fair a true combo? And is aerial footstool to jab lock a combo also?

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
After 2nd jump is gone, you can buffer footstools. Don't forget that.
Yup, this is the only reason you'd want to footstool in the first place really otherwise you can just jump. You only really want to footstool if you used up your Cypher and have to land.

Also, yea MK/DDD can uair/utilt you, but in MK's case a lot of them like to wait for an air dodge to attack. So just footstool them instead. For DDD, if he tries to grab your landing, unless he does a well spaced pivot grab, you can footstool him to avoid the grab most of the time. None of this is guaranteed or anything, but it's a good mixup option nonetheless.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I've being footstooling for a long time, it is ****. Some people would follow your footstool and try to punish that landing. In that case b reverse would be the best choice if you predict that.

etecoon

Smash Hero
that's because bloodcross needs the light of an LCD TV to unleash his real power

mikeray4

Smash Ace
I hope you try to footstool me tomorrow, I figured out how to **** that stupid thing you do

Top Bottom