• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yo ROBs. fear Falcon's N-air! :0 (0-death on ROB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
There's only like... one scenario that I can think of that make this really dangerous. It seems incredibly difficult to set up, and if its like the "goodness combo" as you call it, it seems to require ROB to be at 0% percent to set up (am I misreading it?).

Lame? Yes
Individual Game Swinging? Possibly
Match-up ratio swinging? Eh... doubt it
Fear inducing? Not especially.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
The bair lock part will only last to a set % (54 IIRC) but the nair > foostool is infinite (Falcon can react to your DI) so your best best is to DI + SDI towards the edge, but thats sets you up for a FH nair > sweetspot knee (which is also a combo)

So uhm.... pick your poison?

Hard to setup: Yes - Falcon shouldn't get close enough to do this xD
Possible: Yes
Lame: Just like every other footstool combo
Matchup swaying: not in the least....

TEECO

Smash Ace
I hate all this footstooling crap e____e;
The only reason I think this is cool though is because its Captain Falcon.

Goodness combo seems easy to mess up, and hard to initiate. I dont think it will change the matchup in anyway.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I hate all this footstooling crap e____e;
The only reason I think this is cool though is because its Captain Falcon.

Goodness combo seems easy to mess up, and hard to initiate. I dont think it will change the matchup in anyway.
This does change the matchup a very little imo, but only +5 little points (or so) for falcon's side of the rob vs. falcon's matchup ratio.
As it is something falcons can keep in the back of their head while facing a rob, and a falcon getting a first hit Nair in, isnt rare;) :pimp:)
But 5 points is pretty much nothing when it comes to matchup ratio's.

And@this threads creator:
R.O.B can get 0-deathed using the fhanfhus loop;)
The goodness combo is something else: :)

TEECO

Smash Ace
You have a point, it IS something to keep in mind and an oppourtunity to take if possible.

I have never seen a Falcon main enter tournament.
Sakurai has sinned for making Captain Falcon so horrible in brawl.

Sudai

Stuff here
Beef, you're wrong. Falcon's BAir (sweetspot at low percents, non-sweetspot at higher percents) has a jab/tilt locking property. No tech-roll available.

Sudai

Stuff here
Alright well people like that guy need to show all details because someone like me will question it. Thanks for clarifying sire.
If that's the case, posing your thoughts as a question may go over better instead of demanding that something doesn't work without having the knowledge of the tech nor testing it yourself.

Zeallyx

Alright well people like that guy need to show all details because someone like me will question it. Thanks for clarifying sire.

Or you could read the OP of my thread about the goodness combo and falcons lock on R.O.B..
It is explained there.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion

Or you could read the OP of my thread about the goodness combo and falcons lock on R.O.B..
It is explained there.
I did...but it didn't literally say everything to where the moderator corrected me about ROB not being able to tech roll because of the special property of the back air.
If that's the case, posing your thoughts as a question may go over better instead of demanding that something doesn't work without having the knowledge of the tech nor testing it yourself.
It was just by simple false observation when I saw ROB getting up like that, nothing to do with testing or knowledge of the tech.:dizzy:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
You have a point, it IS something to keep in mind and an oppourtunity to take if possible.

I have never seen a Falcon main enter tournament.
Sakurai has sinned for making Captain Falcon so horrible in brawl.
No. That's exactly what needed to happen, to get rid of all the cult-like captain falcon fanboys that I loathe with every fiber of my essence. And, that hate for CF fanboys has transcended to hate for the character. If I had my way, he would have NO recovery... not metaphorically, I mean, literally. He would not possess a command coinciding with "up+B". Falcon punch would take twice as long to start up and do 4% damage and no knockback (kind of like the edge of Charizard's F-air), the knee would do 3% damage and deal 60% damage to him. Also, he would be mute so as to get rid of those stupid arse taunts, and the user *saying* either "show me your moves", "knee of (insert property here", or yesz would result in the collapsing of their lungs.

On-topic; Its a nifty trick for a Falcon to have in the bag, and maybe to pull out once in a match if they're a stock behind. Like it was said before, hardly matchup swinging. The only way I can think of this being used somewhat consistently, hasn't really been mentioned- but I don't wanna mention it to have it "tested", as it would provide more fuel for the fire, so I'll just take my chances.

Additionally, I've more or less resigned myself to the possibility of any char with a weak/strong hit to any of their attacks, either of which provide a "locking" property- having a possible combo/lock/infinite on ROB.

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL, my ROB has a higher chance of losing to a Melee Falcon than it does to this Brawl Falcon even after the discovery...

No worries.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I don't think this impacts the matchup too much... Falcon already had a tough time with ROB, and if I ever play a Falcon who can do this I'm sure the problem would be solved by some ledgecamping/simple running away.

Ruse

Fox
I'll make sure to keep this in mind versus all of those Captain Falcon mains I come across.

I'm laughing so hard right now.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
So basically, we have to worry about this if:
1 We JUST used our laser
2 Our gyro is on the other side of the stage
3 our shield is depleted
4 we forgot how to retreat fair

Does that sound about right?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
So basically, we have to worry about this if:
1 We actually PLAY a Captain Falcon
2 We JUST used our laser
3 Our gyro is on the other side of the stage
4 Our shield is depleted
5 We forgot how to retreat fair

Does that sound about right?
Fix't

I also vote that we turn this into a "LolCaptainFalcon" thread.
>.>
<.<
Maybeh?

TEECO

Smash Ace
No. That's exactly what needed to happen, to get rid of all the cult-like captain falcon fanboys that I loathe with every fiber of my essence. And, that hate for CF fanboys has transcended to hate for the character. If I had my way, he would have NO recovery... not metaphorically, I mean, literally. He would not possess a command coinciding with "up+B". Falcon punch would take twice as long to start up and do 4% damage and no knockback (kind of like the edge of Charizard's F-air), the knee would do 3% damage and deal 60% damage to him. Also, he would be mute so as to get rid of those stupid arse taunts, and the user *saying* either "show me your moves", "knee of (insert property here", or yesz would result in the collapsing of their lungs.

On-topic; Its a nifty trick for a Falcon to have in the bag, and maybe to pull out once in a match if they're a stock behind. Like it was said before, hardly matchup swinging. The only way I can think of this being used somewhat consistently, hasn't really been mentioned- but I don't wanna mention it to have it "tested", as it would provide more fuel for the fire, so I'll just take my chances.

Additionally, I've more or less resigned myself to the possibility of any char with a weak/strong hit to any of their attacks, either of which provide a "locking" property- having a possible combo/lock/infinite on ROB.

Captain Falcon has been the **** to me ever since I used him in FzeroX for N64

But lol

Zeallyx

Here is a .gif showing falcons 0-death on rob (named the fhanfhus loop):

Credit to wogrim for making my replay into a .gif.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Just curious, but can you only do that if they're already on the ground?

Zeallyx

Just curious, but can you only do that if they're already on the ground?
No. You can just hit Rob with a first hit Nair-->footstool and then continue the fhanfhus loop from there, no matter if he's standing on/laying on/just above the ground.If you connect with a First hit Nair-->footstool, you can continue the loop from there no matter in what position Rob was when you First hit Nair-->footstool'd him.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Now that's just silly. I love this chain.

**** you, ROB.

Zeallyx

**** you, ROB.
Seconded =P

I'll take this chance to tell the guy who took a shot at falcon in this thread:
90% of the smash community was pissed about rob getting the 35th/last spot on the roster.

I was part of said 90%.
Rob had it coming. :pimp:

Zeallyx

But Sonic got the last spot, he was included last. :(
True.
But Rob was a part of the last set of characters confirmed. (along with sonic).
As the roster leaked+got confirmed when the japanese version was released, and all characters were unlocked and published. (if one didnt look at the smash dojo) :pimp:

But to avoid further confusion, let me put it this way:
90% of the smash community was amazed in a bad way about Rob beeing a playable character. Offcourse there is a valid reason for him beeing a playable character, but alot of people wouldve rather seen crystal, or another third party character, like mega man.

Rob had it coming imo :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom