• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yet Another Bowser Matchup Thread|Week 3: Diddy/Falco

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm just gonna focus on not getting grabbed. Bowser is one of the easier characters to play keep-away from.

Sudai

Stuff here
I wouldn't say we'd even really have to focus on not getting grabbed, just play like normal. Lawl. But in the rare instances Bowser does manage a grab on ROB, just jump break. Fair doesn't do too much damage and since you expect it coming, should be easy enough to QCSDI and then just do normal DI and live to like..160% anyway.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I wouldn't say we'd even really have to focus on not getting grabbed, just play like normal. Lawl. But in the rare instances Bowser does manage a grab on ROB, just jump break. Fair doesn't do too much damage and since you expect it coming, should be easy enough to QCSDI and then just do normal DI and live to like..160% anyway.
However we can force you to ground release if we pummel you and you jump release at the wrong time(like a 2 frame window) so unless your amazing at jump releasing at the correct time against bowser, your getting chaingrabbed or ground release into overb.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Fair doesn't do too much damage and since you expect it coming, should be easy enough to QCSDI and then just do normal DI and live to like..160% anyway.
Too bad the Fair doesn't kill as easily as in Melee eh?

It's a lot harder to escape with air releases then people think though. If the Bowser player knows when to mash A in accordance to your % and your mashing, he can force a lot of ground releases.

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
Unless everyone is in agreement on 40-60 R.O.B.'s advantage, we need more input. :(

MrEh

Smash Hero
Unless everyone is in agreement on 40-60 R.O.B.'s advantage, we need more input. :(
No one likes posting in the Bowser boards. Unless we start up some random argument, this won't get anywhere.

BOWSER ***** ROB FROM BELOW! THE MATCHUP IS 80-20!!!!!

Discuss. XD

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
I've got some really important information on falcos chaingrab,so listen up.

So when falco gets you in his 0-45% cg you can survive the spike.:psycho::chuckle:

Just SDI as best as you can into the stage and then press R to tech against the stage wall.Simple in theory but takes practice to get it down consistently.

My bad if this is already known but It'll be worth it if someone learns from it.

I hope my first post is helpful in the bowser section since I'm a bowser main I'll be hanging around.

Phantom287

Smash Rookie
I've got some really important information on falcos chaingrab,so listen up.

So when falco gets you in his 0-45% cg you can survive the spike.:psycho::chuckle:

Just SDI as best as you can into the stage and then press R to tech against the stage wall.Simple in theory but takes practice to get it down consistently.

My bad if this is already known but It'll be worth it if someone learns from it.

I hope my first post in the bowser section since I'm a bowser main I'll be hanging around.

ps The guide needs updating to include advanced techniques or someone should make a new one.
Didn't know that, I'll be sure to try that against Falco. At least it gives me another potential option against his chain grab.

Might want to edit your first post and delete the second; doubling posting isn't a good idea.

Also, hello, and welcome to the Bowser board where it's all Bowser, all the time. It's nice seeing another fellow Bowser user. :)

Scipion

Smash Rookie
$haDy:
In which stages does it work? Its really interesting and I am sure its worth testing.. Just need someone. :dizzy:

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
All of the usual stages and probaly anything with something under the ledge to hit off.

I take it, this information is important about surviving falco's chaingrab >.<

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Wow, I havent visited the Bowser boards for a while.

Well anyways, when you get to the Pit matchup, give the Pit boards a call, and please dont be biased about him like the Marth boards were :(

As for Falco, idk much about it, cept you want to try to avoid FD at all times. Play on a small stage, like YI(B) or BF.

MrEh

Smash Hero
We're kind of discussing the ROB matchup now. The reason for that is because I forgot to make a new thread when Mmac left, so after the ROB discussion we're moving to something else.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hm, isn't Bowser having a really big advantage if ROB is in the air above Bowser (when Bowser is on the ground)?

ROB cannot do much about it and Bowser can always upB him.

ROB can: Nair, dair, airdodge

Nair: shield and upB
Dair: shield and upB
airdodge: shield (for safety) and upB while he lands.

The only thing ROB could do is move away from Bowser which shouldn't be that easy. If ROB tries to go to the ledge Bowser can use his fire breath, otherwise: upB

Since upB always hits ROB up again, he will have a REALLY hard time landing again.

DADdedede

Smash Cadet
dont forget that rob has faster airspeed than bowser's ground speed (just saying from experience, not confirmed)

Luigi player

Smash Master
dont forget that rob has faster airspeed than bowser's ground speed (just saying from experience, not confirmed)
Yeah it probably doesn't work on large stages like FD, but on smaller ones like Smashville it works.

Bowser is faster than ROB if he "runs".

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
^^^Lulz

You obvious-- who am I kidding. Everyone thinks bowser sucks except for the people who use him or have faced him.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
well to say teh least, bowser vs mk is obsolete
mk's speed.
falco's chaingrab + lazors

- end -

Leave.

Now.

Actually, you know what? Bowser's a horrible character. He just sucks. I can't believe they even made a forum for him. What a joke! Pssh, later guys, I'm going to go to the Snake boards. Now THATS a character!

Riku00

Smash Ace
Peach is Bowsers easiest to defeat because his fire cancels her float and his down B can jump over the float and send her flying

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom