• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yasumicon 2009 @ FIU - Miami, FL - July 11- Brawl - See Results Thread!

-!-

Smash Lord
yea, last time I got it in with a black bag... and walked around with it afterwards, heck I even entered the Cosplay Contets with it and they never told me crap... they where bowing to it actually, to the point that some Ninjas where trying to steal it >.> next thing I know they randomly tell me it's not allowed >.<

-!-

Smash Lord
I ain't, I don't get why they would treat my little RPG7 that way :urg: it was so unfair :( poor little thing was so scared when she got taken away from me... good thing that 8-Bit was taking care of it :)

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
Lol i havent been on smash boards in a while but this seems pretty cool i just have to see about the date and since i see its an anime con i can wear my gloves lol its been 2 years since the christmas smash

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
damm this tournament is going to be too good with eddie running it and doing the brackets by hand. damm eddie you got thissssss dawwwg!

nevershootme

Smash Master
Lol i havent been on smash boards in a while but this seems pretty cool i just have to see about the date and since i see its an anime con i can wear my gloves lol its been 2 years since the christmas smash
well stop by and w/e...

and yea M!X, sheikssbm, i'll be staying with you guys at the hotel cuz i don't feel like driving 1 hour back and then another hour down again (wasting more gas as is doing so)... i gotta find out what's up with Shaky since i may be driving him around

in addition I'm modding DewDaDash's arcade stick overnight so that's gonna take a freaking long time

also I need to figure out what to do with you guys arriving Friday night

Details of Street Fighter 4 and BlazBlue and how it's gonna be runned

I am the main person behind the Yasumicon FG tournaments. Glitch and Azagtoth will be helping with SF/BB/KoF, nevershootme with Brawl.

The following is the quick summary:

Street Fighter IV (64 players)

* 8 pools of 8 players, top two advance
* final bracket of 16 players.
* double elimination
* XBox 360, bring your controller
* House fee $5, $10 for pot (this could change)
* 1:00PM – registration closes
* 2:00PM – pools A, B, C, D
* 5:00PM – pools E, F, G, H
* 8:00PM –*final bracket

BlazBlue (32 players)

* 4 pools of 8 players, top two advance
* final bracket of 8 players
* double elimination
* PS3, bring your controller
* House fee $5, $5 for pot
* 2:00PM – pools A, B
* 5:00PM – pools E, F

KoF XII (32 players)

* 4 pools of 8 players, top two advance
* final bracket of 8 players
* double elimination
* PS3, bring your controller
* House fee $5, $5 for pot
* 2:00PM – pools A, B
* 5:00PM – pools E, F

The pool system is simple: once you know your pool you'll know when to play without waiting all day long. You can do something else when its not your pool, no excuses for no-shows in your pool.

Pools are random.

Brawl

Details here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231362

FPS tournaments will be KillZone 2 and Halo 3. Noobie Games will be running them.

There will be additional system for casuals/random games.

Questions, whatever, let me know. Usually I am pretty inactive, but I'll be checking the thread these coming weeks.

nevershootme

Smash Master
ULTIMATE HEADS UP FOLKS

I'm considering to change up the Fees for the tournament (Pretty much it was under my own discretion to settle pricing). The current situation is that the con is greedy on the money issue, so... I don't know how to settle on that

Option 1: $10 each tournament, doubles and singles ($5 door fee, $5 tournament fee)

Option 2: $15 each tournament. doubles and singles ($5 door fee, $10 tournament fee)

Option 3: $5 universal door fee, $10 each tournament (Most common method.This may get shot down from the coordinator)

Plus. Bring Wii's seriously... I have 9 TV's secured and I need more if i'm gonna do the Pool system for singles!. Bring component cables if there are LCD screens. this will be finished on saturday leaving sunday with an extra tournament. i need all support needed. and there is no player cap. bring melee too if i decide to run a side tourney.

major feedback needed

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, if there are LCDTVs, then of course I'll bring a set-up. Make sure to reserve one of those TVs for me, because otherwise I can't being a set-up.

:069:

nevershootme

Smash Master
just bring it... i'll figure out on how to make room in the game room

ULTIMATE EDIT: Major bad news folks... attendance is gonna spike beyond 64 people (so far 52 through smashboards that are planning to attend this) This will definitely gonna be a 2 day tournament for singles as it stands....

I wanna see some feedback on whether we should do singles with pools or straight up double elimination...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
What's weird about wanting to play the best people? I'd much rather be knocked out a tournament loosing to Mew2King the first round and Lain the second round then getting higher than I should have gotten because I had an easy bracket.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol, cras-hick... the difference is you're taking it

willingly

and assuming your loss before it happens

you're so dumb

break your thumbs

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I know my current level, and I know its no where enough to win a tournament.
Playing the best players is fun and helps me learn and compare how much work I need to do.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yes, but going in expecting to get *****

isn't a good mentality

no matter your "level"

Ruuku

Smash Lord
What if you happen to face a one of the best players for your first match and get sent to losers then you happen to face another in Losers' and get taken out? There, you only got two sets. If you're looking for experience, playing against the best from the beginning in a tournament setting isn't really the best way to get it. Since you are saying that your current level is nowhere enough to win a tournament, that is. On the other hand, money matches are good. Finding people that don't sandbag in casuals is a good thing too.

now accepting requests for anyone who's willing to help me out in running singles pools for this... or assist me overall in running this tournament.
Yet again I can't help you... >_> They should have scheduled this con for August. >_<

DFEAR

Smash Hero
fine =P always wanted to do smashfests at fiu...zp is disgusting : < i hate it there.

-!-

Smash Lord
Let Afro and Nick Riddle pool **** me.
this sounds a little disturbing XD

now accepting requests for anyone who's willing to help me out in running singles pools for this... or assist me overall in running this tournament.
I know FIU people have priority and all, but if I can help you with anything I'm in :) I can do pools or overall, which ever you need most.

I know my current level, and I know its no where enough to win a tournament.
Playing the best players is fun and helps me learn and compare how much work I need to do.
dude just be cool, go to tourneys, have that mind set to "learn"" and play your damm bracket lol don't just go there asking for the best so u get to fight twice and waste your money... friendlies are good and all, but MMs and tourney matches are where you learn the real deal :)

btw, Thanks with the whole Friday night 8-Bit.

I can't wait for this to happened, and I should add that if more then 64 show up for singles then we prob should do pools for sure not a straight up double Elimination, though it would be more epic doing double elim. and then again it will take so loong taking that A LOT of people will be there hugging tvs and what not.

EDIT: I would go with Option 2 for the fee, if it can happen that is. if option 3 is even possible then we can all agree on it of course.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
times!? seriously O_< oh btw alot of hype for this
Usually the whole day like 8-9 am until 5-6pm. Sometimes even longer than that. LOL And you usually either have two Wiis running or a Wii and a Xbox 360. Not only that, when school's on I live on campus so I often have people over to play.

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
well just found out i cant go to this or any florida tourney anymore

Im leaving to georgia tomorrow D:

GOODBYE FLORIDA SMASH TOURNAMENTS!!!!!

:'(

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
well technically its Parent*
but i knew about it for a week
thats why i havent been on smashboards recently
moving, packing, other stuff