• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

rhan

Smash Hero
YL only uses Nair and bombs against Falcon and has a pretty good chance in winning.

Cia

das kwl
bah, like macd and vanz even matter. who the **** are those people anyway?

on topic: what do you guys think about yl vs CAPTAIN FALCON
It's 2011, you still show up on random forums to troll ppl? Keep it up and I'll have you banned for excessive trolling and disrespect for forum staff.

And YL v Falcon.. Definitely Falcon's favor, by no means un-winnable.

KaptenKagg

Smash Rookie
wah wah wah, im butthurt, YOU MUST RESPECT MY SKILLZ ;(....or ill ban you for hurting my feelings boohoohoo...
why dont you cry some more
and for yl vs cf it is slightly in yls favor, as it is impossible to counter projectile spam as cf. its not like he has a shine like fox/falco and his offensive capabilites arent strong enough, in other matchups he can rely on dd camping alot.
but he combos very well which makes the matchup somewhat even.
and also unlike you i have much more experience in the mu on a higher level.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I cc projectiles

falcon/yl is at least 70/30 in falcons favor, i'm not sure if you've heard of this thing called the KNEE

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
the real question is who the **** are both of you?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
just when I thought cockriding yourself wasn't possible.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow godlike tas vid LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i did learn one thing. i never though of doing a bomb drop ledge waveland before, looks legit!!!!!!!!

edit: chival that's an old samus tactic where you air dodge up and use your tether at the same time. for samus, she keeps her momentum but can still retract. for ylink, it looks like he was too close to the stage for the hookshot to grab the wall, but he kept his momentum and was put into a falling state that ended up sweetspotting.

rhan

Smash Hero

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
armada playing young link for one set has suddenly made young link somewhat popular. which sucks because it means I have to deal with more people in this thread. thankfully vanz has returned as an active moderator here.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
who do you think is YL worst matchup?
i'd say, sheik, then Fox.

Fox's nair can just go through the boomerang like nothing, so anoying u_U

rhan

Smash Hero
1) Fox
2) Falco
3) Sheik

My opinion.

But I could possibly put Sheik over Falco depending on the stage.

Cia

das kwl
armada playing young link for one set has suddenly made young link somewhat popular. which sucks because it means I have to deal with more people in this thread. thankfully vanz has returned as an active moderator here.
lol i've always been an active mod here. I'm just more of a lurker tho. You've been seeing me post more because there's just more to talk about atm. i'll go back to lurking in about a week or so.. lol.

:teemo:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
apart from the platform cancels and walljumps which arent something i really cant perform that well (and they dont really put us in a good position anyway)....

i'm just saying that ledgehop z drop instant waveland is something i really wanna try out.

rhan

Smash Hero
I play like TAS Young Link when I'm at Shaeman's house playing a **** ton for friendlies. <3

But yeah I bair is so good. That really got me hyped to actually try some stuff out when I go play smash today.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha. his learning curve, imo, is when to do stuff. like pull bombs. cant just do it all the time.

knowing when to pull bombs is so crucial in fox/falco/falcon matchups where you can die from a poorly timed bomp pull

Top Bottom